Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

This is my gamer now lefty. It will see action for most rounds. I game everything.

Stupid question- What is the desired stroke for that style of putter?

Can't wait for the ridiculous answers to this one.

Nice stick, Santo. Outstanding craftsmanship.

Why would there be ridiculous answers to that question?

I could be mistaken but should have significant toe hang which in theory would be for someone with a bit of an arcing stroke. Looks like the fred couples head shape.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my gamer now lefty. It will see action for most rounds. I game everything.

Why would there be ridiculous answers to that question?

I could be mistaken but should have significant toe hang which in theory would be for someone with a bit of an arcing stroke. Looks like the fred couples head shape.

that would be the only non-snarky answer; which is clearly obvious.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

the snarkiest comment after he posted pics was yours...easy bud.

I don't know who could say something ridiculous about Santo's putter...honestly, between the hand work along the flange, twisted neck, face milling and overall custom tweaks -- it's the nicest quality putter I've seen Lamb do to this point.

Santo - gorgeous putter man, congrats

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

That is a very sharp putter, reminds me of some of the detailed work Dave Billings does at machine putters.

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

is that neck milled?

don't think so. Probably a hammered finished hex neck with a right hand twist.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

ok sorry ive been quite busy doing nothing....but i will answer some questions.

first off thatnks for all the nice comments. i am very happy with my putter. the pictures dont do it justice. it looks incredible in natural light. los of colors and hues.

so the putter sets up for an arching stroke. not as much toe flow as one would think as the heel has not been tapered down a super amount. but the putter does hang at about 4 oclock.

the neck is not milled. it is hex bar that was hammered first, like the flange was, then heat was applied and it was twisted. the putter was then buffed shinny and then heat was reapplied in desired areas around the neck and heel.

i dont own a lot of makers putters. just lots and lots of camerons and now this. i rolled a bunch of balls outside yesterday with this and one of my circa I prototypes with a stepped flange. the putters have very similar feelings. very similar sounds. they just dont cost the same amount. i feel like i get a lot more input on my putter with tyson and pay a lot less money for an equal product performance wise, but nicer in relative looks and overall experience. out of all my scottys i only ever had input on 1 of them....and it was very limited and was accompanied by a VERY LARGE upcharge.

i hope that is somewhat helpful

My new Tyson stick and all the photos I got throughout the build. I had many putters made for me over the years but nothing like this when it come to my input on my money spent. So cool. This stick cost me my membership on TCC as I got a lifetime ban for disloyalty to Scotty Cameron direct from him. It's safe to say I'm all in on Mr. Lamb

Awesome putter brother and I'm glad that you got to give your input into the design with Tyson! By the way who's "The Gambler"?

My new Tyson stick and all the photos I got throughout the build. I had many putters made for me over the years but nothing like this when it come to my input on my money spent. So cool. This stick cost me my membership on TCC as I got a lifetime ban for disloyalty to Scotty Cameron direct from him. It's safe to say I'm all in on Mr. Lamb

Awesome putter brother and I'm glad that you got to give your input into the design with Tyson! By the way who's "The Gambler"?

He is. Lol

On Tyson's IG account, he's been posting up pictures of what I think are one piece putters and a bunch of them.

I wonder if this is a direction he is taking to make putters faster and get more of them out there versus his welded neck putters.

[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]

On Tyson's IG account, he's been posting up pictures of what I think are one piece putters and a bunch of them.

I wonder if this is a direction he is taking to make putters faster and get more of them out there versus his welded neck putters.

Hes supposed to be doing a signature line of putters. 5 different styles. $750-$1250. I'm guessing that's what you're seeing on his IG. Theres a new article on MGS on Tyson. Good read.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

Here's a link to the article, for anyone interested: https://www.mygolfsp...ooking-forward/

It was definitely a puff piece, but a decent one that was well written. Great to see Santo get a nod.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

Here's a link to the article, for anyone interested: https://www.mygolfsp...ooking-forward/

It was definitely a puff piece, but a decent one that was well written. Great to see Santo get a nod.

Santo already posted the link yesterday and I believe it was removed.

I thought Chris did a good job capturing Tyson's 'story' to date. A much better portrayal than the last article written. It appears that an attempt is being made to refine the company image.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Can't say those are all that inspiring at $750 plus.

$750 is a tough price range. Is a mass-produced Lamb twice as nice as a mass-produced Scotty? Are either worth buying?

Since $750 is the low end of the range that was presented in the article, I would guess that a $750 Lamb putter is an unpersonalized CNC head that has little to no hand work and simple paint (if any) -- basically, a bare bones putter. For some people here, it would be an obvious choice to go with a custom Byron, TP Mills, or LaMont at the $750 price range. For others, they may see $750 as a relatively inexpensive way to jump on the Lamb train before he goes OEM.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant

jump on the Lamb train before he goes OEM.

I wouldn't be so quick to imply that as if it were an inevitability. I would assume he only goes OEM if they give him a pretty exclusive deal to do what he wants and control the show. TM better be willing to give him full reins and I can't imagine handing over domain of your putter range to a 20-something is heartening.

I wouldn't be so quick to imply that as if it were an inevitability. I would assume he only goes OEM if they give him a pretty exclusive deal to do what he wants and control the show. TM better be willing to give him full reins and I can't imagine handing over domain of your putter range to a 20-something is heartening.

I suppose we differ in opinion on this, but tend to think it is an inevitability.

In the MGS article, it didn't sound like Tyson was opposed to joining with an OEM whatsoever. He expressed a desire to maintain control and have his hands on everything, but he didn't express any reservation in joining up with someone. I'm not saying it's gonna be soon, but I would place my money on him joining an OEM within 5 years. Why would he not? Customer service and fulfilling orders is his weak point right now—and that could be resolved almost immediately with a switch.

As the market continues to consolidate and OEMs are getting choked out of real estate, there isn't a lot of expansion opportunity. It's been 25 years since Scotty came into the spotlight, and it may be 25 more years from now before someone like Tyson comes along. He is a phenomenal putter maker and a rare enough commodity that it's only a matter of time before an OEM gives him the $$$ and the level of autonomy he wants. When that happens, why would he say no?

I think those putters are for Japan. Not sure what they cost but I remember Tyson having putters over in Japan with a business with the same feather logo. 1/15 run?

I think those putters are for Japan. Not sure what they cost but I remember Tyson having putters over in Japan with a business with the same feather logo. 1/15 run?

I like the look of the feather, but wondered what the significance might be. Reminiscent of the Fourteen Golf logo. (Not that I'm saying there is any connection to the company or a theft of their logo.)

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I am no expert nor an insider but I believe the feather is a brand mark being used for the Japan only market for putters he is making for the upcoming show.

The red feather is exclusive for their japan distributor Niki Golf. This is from one of his ig post.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

I am no expert nor an insider but I believe the feather is a brand mark being used for the Japan only market for putters he is making for the upcoming show.

The red feather is exclusive for their japan distributor Niki Golf. This is from one of his ig post.

I knew it was something like that.... thanks for clarifying. Wonder if this another Butler connection type of venture.

I suppose we differ in opinion on this, but tend to think it is an inevitability.

In the MGS article, it didn't sound like Tyson was opposed to joining with an OEM whatsoever. He expressed a desire to maintain control and have his hands on everything, but he didn't express any reservation in joining up with someone. I'm not saying it's gonna be soon, but I would place my money on him joining an OEM within 5 years. Why would he not? Customer service and fulfilling orders is his weak point right now—and that could be resolved almost immediately with a switch.

As the market continues to consolidate and OEMs are getting choked out of real estate, there isn't a lot of expansion opportunity. It's been 25 years since Scotty came into the spotlight, and it may be 25 more years from now before someone like Tyson comes along. He is a phenomenal putter maker and a rare enough commodity that it's only a matter of time before an OEM gives him the $$$ and the level of autonomy he wants. When that happens, why would he say no?

No, actually I had thought you were implying more to the short term. Rather, I completely agree that it may happen in the longer term it just brings up the question, as the article you mentioned had pondered, which OEM? Really when it comes to feasibility for a large OEM it would have to be TM or otherwise some other brand that typically has not been very involved in the putter space. Though that is not a necessity if the plan is to hand over the reigns entirely a la Scotty at Titleist.

What I was trying to say was more along the lines that I don't believe Tyson would be as comfortable taking say, a David Mills - at - Odyssey type of deal. I figure he believes in his ability to fill out an entire putter line for retail AS WELL AS continuing to do the very high-end completely custom work that he does today. And I imagine it would be difficult for anything other than a very large OEM to provide suc an environment. It will be very interesting to watch evolve, anyway. I just hope my bonus is big enough to afford one myself one day! haha

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec