2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

I thought this thread had turned for the worse like 10 pages ago but I know I know it's bad....

Lets try really hard to bring it back to the topic. If you need to hash out some hard feelings, then DM works better.

Lamb Lamb Lamb / Tyson Tyson Tyson / Putter Putter Putter

Carry on gents

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If artistic and unique is what people look for, Tyson is far from it. He uses a milled Anser Dalehead shape thats been done a million times or his Camden which again has been made a ton of times. His lines are clean and nice but unique he is not. I would consider Scotty Cameron more unique in that sense he can make more than 2 or 3 headshapes.

The only thing artistic he does is his stamping. It's nice but again there are plenty of people in the world that can stamp metal. It's not like it's an overcomplicated process.

If I was looking for unique I would call up Lump at Xenon or Lamont at Mannkrafted or even Bradley wood putters. Most of Lumps stuff is 100% handmade with zero cnc machine work.

Nobody buying Lambs or CT Camerons wants these others that you've mentioned. No disrespect...I mean there is a market for what some of these others do, but honestly, it's like trying to build a car out of wood. An impressive feat, but I don't want to pay a premium for that type of "unique."

You may not agree, but what makes Cameron and Tyson unique is their ability to do a traditional head in a markedly better way.

Disagree, the Cameron aura started with Tiger Woods. The brand is about being in winning bags, even last season 3 of the 4 majors had a Cameron in the bag. This is why Scotty is in his own league.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

If artistic and unique is what people look for, Tyson is far from it. He uses a milled Anser Dalehead shape thats been done a million times or his Camden which again has been made a ton of times. His lines are clean and nice but unique he is not. I would consider Scotty Cameron more unique in that sense he can make more than 2 or 3 headshapes.

The only thing artistic he does is his stamping. It's nice but again there are plenty of people in the world that can stamp metal. It's not like it's an overcomplicated process.

If I was looking for unique I would call up Lump at Xenon or Lamont at Mannkrafted or even Bradley wood putters. Most of Lumps stuff is 100% handmade with zero cnc machine work.

Nobody buying Lambs or CT Camerons wants these others that you've mentioned. No disrespect...I mean there is a market for what some of these others do, but honestly, it's like trying to build a car out of wood. An impressive feat, but I don't want to pay a premium for that type of "unique."

You may not agree, but what makes Cameron and Tyson unique is their ability to do a traditional head in a markedly better way.

I'm not saying guys buying circle ts or Lambs stuff are wanting Lamont or Lump's stuff, I was just giving facts that Tyson isn't unique in what he does. His company name isn't even unique and mirrors another prominent putter maker.

He produces a clean overused headshape just like Scotty Cameron as far as the 009. Nothing new here; Except for the fact SC had 87 tour wins and 3 majors last year so his hype has a little backing behind it and that he actually produces putters.

Moving on... now let's see some pics and reviews of all those new putters coming out of the lamb shop here recently.. ?

You guys talk like Tyson is actually selling putters... outside of his inner circle there has been what at most 2 releases of 16 putters in almost 3 years? An average of 10.5 putters a year.

How do you get in this buying circle? Does Tyson Lamb have a membership club like Scotty?

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

You guys talk like Tyson is actually selling putters... outside of his inner circle there has been what at most 2 releases of 16 putters in almost 3 years? An average of 10.5 putters a year.

the amount of speculation in this thread is incredible.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

Disagree, the Cameron aura started with Tiger Woods. The brand is about being in winning bags, even last season 3 of the 4 majors had a Cameron in the bag. This is why Scotty is in his own league.

That may be what has made Cameron so popular, but it has nothing to do with why his putters look better.

That may be what has made Cameron so popular, but it has nothing to do with why his putters look better.

That's the thing, I don't think the majority of his customers buy his putters because of looks, it's just the association of success. They're thinking, my putter is by the same guy that makes putters for Tiger Woods and Jordan Spieth

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

That's the thing, I don't think the majority of his customers buy his putters because of looks, it's just the association of success. They're thinking, my putter is by the same guy that makes putters for Tiger Woods and Jordan Spieth

I probably agree on the retail line stuff, but I don’t think that’s why people buy CTs. Tough to say what Scotty Cameron would’ve been without Tiger Woods though.

I'm not saying guys buying circle ts or Lambs stuff are wanting Lamont or Lump's stuff, I was just giving facts that Tyson isn't unique in what he does. His company name isn't even unique and mirrors another prominent putter maker.

He produces a clean overused headshape just like Scotty Cameron as far as the 009. Nothing new here; Except for the fact SC had 87 tour wins and 3 majors last year so his hype has a little backing behind it and that he actually produces putters.

Moving on... now let's see some pics and reviews of all those new putters coming out of the lamb shop here recently.. ?

I don’t think the head shape is unique, far from it. It’s the way he incorporates the finished product and how well put together it looks. The other brands you mentioned almost look like they were made with lesser equipment. It’s a combination of finish, edges, necks, welding, colors the guy has an artistic talent and is a great craftsman. These putters of his look like more than just a tool for putting and that’s what collectors usually look for.

I collect a lot of sports cards and st the end of the day it’s just colored paper but one card can be worth $10 and another $1000. Same player and even same brand, it’s all about what collectors deem as worthwhile or valuable, and I think Tyson has that skill to keep this going. His work truly looks beautiful (in pictures at least) still haven’t seen in person

pretty bold coming from a Piretti fan boy....

Moving on... now let's see some pics and reviews of all those new putters coming out of the lamb shop here recently..

I don't think the head shape is unique, far from it. It's the way he incorporates the finished product and how well put together it looks. The other brands you mentioned almost look like they were made with lesser equipment. It's a combination of finish, edges, necks, welding, colors the guy has an artistic talent and is a great craftsman. These putters of his look like more than just a tool for putting and that's what collectors usually look for.

I collect a lot of sports cards and st the end of the day it's just colored paper but one card can be worth $10 and another $1000. Same player and even same brand, it's all about what collectors deem as worthwhile or valuable, and I think Tyson has that skill to keep this going. His work truly looks beautiful (in pictures at least) still haven't seen in person

This is the same thing that affects the art market. In many cases, the artist is irrelevant..

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

What is so great about Tysons stamping? The cavity stamping on this one below is complete s***. Shallow, E sits slightly crooked even though it isn't meant to. The middle L also sits slightly crooked with the tail of the L sitting lower than the other.

Wasn't shallow what some of you complained about previously with other makers?

https://tablerock.com/product-category/tyson-lamb-sold/

RECENT. Damn you Tyson guys are so damn slow. One of those putters in the second or 3rd page has already been resold 2 or 3 times between two guys who were talking on the last couple pages...

You know his stuff is to good to be sold though by anyone he makes it for. ?

Move on...

https://tablerock.co...yson-lamb-sold/

RECENT. Damn you Tyson guys are so damn slow. One of those putters in the second or 3rd page has already been resold 2 or 3 times between two guys who were talking on the last couple pages...

You know his stuff is to good to be sold though by anyone he makes it for.

Move on...

there are recent putters sold on that page; and there are putters for sale on the same website.

at one point i thought you may actually just be critical, but your troll level is off the charts. if you were a little more educated with putters you might be a little more dangerous.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

What is so great about Tysons stamping? The cavity stamping on this one below is complete s***. Shallow, E sits slightly crooked even though it isn't meant to. The middle L also sits slightly crooked with the tail of the L sitting lower than the other.

That Tyson Lamb "E" stamping is the worst i've ever seen. Like I could have done that.

Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT

I have no skin in the game but those stamps look fine and the angle of pic could defintely play tricks. On a hand stamping note, the best I've seen is Tom Slighter. The man can do some amazing stamp work. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I have no skin in the game but those stamps look fine and the angle of pic could defintely play tricks. On a hand stamping note, the best I've seen is Tom Slighter. The man can do some amazing stamp work. BB

The bumper stamping looks fine but I'm solely referring to the cavity. It's shallow and slightly crooked. Two things these fanboys say Tyson never does wrong and why his stuff is head above heels better than others.

It's not the picture as you can see the middle L sits slightly lower than the other.

I feel like that’s a REALLY bad example to pick if you’re going to criticize Tyson’s stamping. Those are very large stamps and the letters aren’t even single stamps. I’m not sure how that was accomplished, but like the weld dot alignment aid...which I’d never recommend if you’re actually going to game the putter and/or if you want a clean, precise look...I would imagine these were specific customer requests.

The bumper stamping looks fine but I'm solely referring to the cavity. It's shallow and slightly crooked. Two things these fanboys say Tyson never does wrong and why his stuff is head above heels better than others.

It's not the picture as you can see the middle L sits slightly lower than the other.

Dude Kaexo if I were you I would just stop opening this s thread and focus on continuing to grow your roofing business. This arguing ain’t going to make you money. But hey that’s just me and I have fallen fir my fair share of golfwrx arguments in the past, such a waste of time.

As fir Tyson, I am not a fanboy I think some of his putter do look like mediocre and he’s not putting out perfect stuff but overall, man his stuff looks clean and really well put together. I am not surprised people are willing to pay decent bucks especially with his hard the putters are to get

I feel like that’s a REALLY bad example to pick if you’re going to criticize Tyson’s stamping. Those are very large stamps and the letters aren’t even single stamps. I’m not sure how that was accomplished, but like the weld dot alignment aid...which I’d never recommend if you’re actually going to game the putter and/or if you want a clean, precise look...I would imagine these were specific customer requests.

So many excuses; Either he does the best stamping money can buy like you guys have previously stated or he doesn't. Using big letters or not doesn't justify the quality or lack there of in this case if he's supposedly already the best.

It's his work so how is it not a good example of "his" work?

Pocket dump from today's round. Loving the can-top marker.

IPKlNu3.jpg?1

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

So many excuses; Either he does the best stamping money can buy like you guys have previously stated or he doesn't. Using big letters or not doesn't justify the quality or lack there of in this case if he's supposedly already the best.

You’re missing the point. A lot of makers wouldn’t even attempt to stamp that. I’m curious as to how he did it. So while others may criticize that stamping, I think it’s remarkably good given what he was trying to do there. Cavity stamping also increases the difficulty level of any stamp job, particularly one where you aren’t using single stamps.

That said, I’m way to OCD to request that (or the weld dot).

You’re missing the point. A lot of makers wouldn’t even attempt to stamp that. I’m curious as to how he did it. So while others may criticize that stamping, I think it’s remarkably good given what he was trying to do there. Cavity stamping also increases the difficulty level of any stamp job, particularly one where you aren’t using single stamps.

That said, I’m way to OCD to request that (or the weld dot).

the weld dots are sweet. had one with three welded sight dots (a little much for me) but it goes to show, he's good.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I am definitely not a fan boy and I've mostly tried to stay out of this thread. I don't disagree with some of what your saying but also feel like everyone has the right to build their business how they see fit. The proof will be in the pudding with the future success or failure of the company.

I've had interactions with Tyson since back when he was in college making belt buckles and not all of my interactions have been positive. I've held and seen Tysons putters at the PGA Show and I was not overly blown away like I thought I might be. I say this only to make sure I don't get identified as someone who is defending him because of my fan boy status. I don't own any of his products and I have putters or have had putters made from just about every other maker. I am also generally more impressed with a putter made with no CNC or less CNC work as I know how much talent it takes to shape metal by hand.

All that said I feel like Tyson seems to have a flare for the little finishing details and that's what makes his work special. The mill marks on the back of the bumpers/flange, the milling and detail on the hosel, both of which are not visable at address adds some style. Same with the milled stepped soles that I've seen and some of the face milling detail. I'm also a sucker for hand peening. Now I know he is not the first to do most of this but he does seem to incorporate it into more of his work and gets creative with how it's done.

Also this stamping in the cavity in the pic you posted is fantastic work assuming that each letter is done with multiple stamps. That is exceedingly difficult work and he has done a great job here. Not a good example of shoddy work.

I personally look forward to seeing more of Tysons work and hope he adds some new putter shapes (like a mallet) soon. I'll definitely be checking out the booth at the PGA show next month.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

Move on...

Still have mine and game it all the time..

Did you find that piretti you were looking for?

Your butt hurt over this thread is through the roof...

I'd love someone to walk on to one of your job sites and critique you like you have done on here to Tyson's products..

Move on...

Still have mine and game it all the time..

Did you find that piretti you were looking for?

Your butt hurt over this thread is through the roof...

I'd love someone to walk on to one of your job sites and critique you like you have done on here to Tyson's products..

Happens all the time bud. It's apart of business. Just replaced a huge hanger roof at Nashville airport a couple months back took 30 employees 2 weeks.

You should try providing a service for a government agency like Nashville metro airport authority if you think I haven't had every little thing critiqued or anyone were there is large sums of money involved like roofs. One of my cheaper roofs would cost more than the most expensive Scotty ever made depending on how many squares of course.

Also not butt hurt at all. I don't own a Lamb product. I think he makes clean lines but he's not gods gift to putter making. So who's really the butthurt one here?

You keep saying I'm a Piretti fan boy.. I own one 1 of 1 Tour 801 and that's only because Mike is great to deal with.