2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally found a Newport 2 Button Back in mint condition, so my quest is basically over and I won't be ordering a Tyson Lamb putter (not that I could have anyway...)

I still find this whole thing to be unfortunate, even as a no-longer prospective customer. The fact that people can't even get a headcover or ball marker is asinine to me.

At some point, even the great guy and great family that they are - they need to pull their heads out and decide if they want to make this a successful business or not.

The market needs what they're offering, but if it's all always sold out, then they're going to miss the window and someone else will capitalize. Scotty is aging and not exactly pumping out affordable, high end, handcrafted items. Bettinardi, Mannkrafted, Xenon, Byron, etc. do not make as refined and quality products as Lamb does (my own opinion)

You can tell right now that Tyson can be the next Scotty Cameron if he gets his act together and starts giving the people what they want. No one since SC has put out the quality of craftsmanship that Tyson is, and Tyson is doing it at such a young age.

At the very least, produce some trinkets and keep your customers engaged while you work on a more efficient way to produce 20-30 putters a month. Perhaps his new Haas Automation machine is meant to do that - who knows.

I do believe if he brought out the headcovers, hats, ball markers, divot tools, t-shirts, etc. it would keep people interested and craving more. Once you feel the quality of his stuff, you want to keep adding more of it.

It's also a huge turnoff to see his inner group drowning in cool new stuff, while his website may as well just say SOLD OUT the moment you log on. Then they're the ones that have the nerve to come on here and tell everyone to back off because Tyson's just the greatest ever and leave him alone. I personally would love to be his buddy and get customized putters/ball markers/etc whenever I want. But the reality is it's a bad look to the rest of the community.

all of his fanboys have to f5 for the chance to get something. it's just the way it is. he is releasing trinkets, covers, and markers, etc. don't know what to say, bud. the opportunities are out there.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

For those who are curious, the distillery I work at is the larger spirits distiller in North America. You'd likely never know who as we share 2/3 of our distillate with smaller outfits.

We are owned by one of the top spirits companies in the world.

We own some scotch brands but do not make any here (obviously).

We distill, mature, blend, and bottle so we do it all.

I'll be placing an ISO ad for WRXers who seemingly know a tonne about business and manufacturing to fill the upcoming vacancy we have for VP. ;)

For those who are curious, the distillery I work at is the larger spirits distiller in North America. You'd likely never know who as we share 2/3 of our distillate with smaller outfits.

We are owned by one of the top spirits companies in the world.

We own some scotch brands but do not make any here (obviously).

We distill, mature, blend, and bottle so we do it all.

I'll be placing an ISO ad for WRXers who seemingly know a tonne about business and manufacturing to fill the upcoming vacancy we have for VP. ;)

Ill be sure to pass my resume through to you and address for a taster ;)

Sounds like a lovely job.. as long as you are someone warm!

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I don't post much at all but I am a big fan of T Lamb and Co. I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Tyson.

Ive noticed a lot of the same guys talking negative toward Tyson, his putters and practice. You negative guys sure do spend a lot of time on this Tyson thread!!

Here are two of my six Lamb putters.........

It's also a huge turnoff to see his inner group drowning in cool new stuff, while his website may as well just say SOLD OUT the moment you log on. Then they're the ones that have the nerve to come on here and tell everyone to back off because Tyson's just the greatest ever and leave him alone. I personally would love to be his buddy and get customized putters/ball markers/etc whenever I want. But the reality is it's a bad look to the rest of the community.

how so?

I finally found a Newport 2 Button Back in mint condition, so my quest is basically over and I won't be ordering a Tyson Lamb putter (not that I could have anyway...)

I still find this whole thing to be unfortunate, even as a no-longer prospective customer. The fact that people can't even get a headcover or ball marker is asinine to me.

At some point, even the great guy and great family that they are - they need to pull their heads out and decide if they want to make this a successful business or not.

The market needs what they're offering, but if it's all always sold out, then they're going to miss the window and someone else will capitalize. Scotty is aging and not exactly pumping out affordable, high end, handcrafted items. Bettinardi, Mannkrafted, Xenon, Byron, etc. do not make as refined and quality products as Lamb does (my own opinion)

You can tell right now that Tyson can be the next Scotty Cameron if he gets his act together and starts giving the people what they want. No one since SC has put out the quality of craftsmanship that Tyson is, and Tyson is doing it at such a young age.

At the very least, produce some trinkets and keep your customers engaged while you work on a more efficient way to produce 20-30 putters a month. Perhaps his new Haas Automation machine is meant to do that - who knows.

I do believe if he brought out the headcovers, hats, ball markers, divot tools, t-shirts, etc. it would keep people interested and craving more. Once you feel the quality of his stuff, you want to keep adding more of it.

all of his fanboys have to f5 for the chance to get something. it's just the way it is. he is releasing trinkets, covers, and markers, etc. don't know what to say, bud. the opportunities are out there.

In a better approach... brown sitting on that midget horse still ;)

To say there are not a few individuals who are closer to Tyson than others would be a lie.

However, those same individuals have to log on to the website as well to get the majority of stuff like the rest of us.

The past two launches I was able to get whatever I wanted. Luck probably but I see what I want click and pay thats it. Im just an average guy that has met more than few lambambassdors and they are all gear nuts like the rest of us.. They also will let you use their putters if you ask. I have turn down Raider a couple of times. Told him it just wouldn't feel right.. each time I kick my own butt but its not mine to play with.

So Tyson knows the frustration is building even more.. thus another machine to speed up the process. You don't buy another machine just for markers.. so 2018 should be a fun one for all!

protos F4

Good luck on that Cameron stuff. Like I said before, at least you don't have to pay to be a member to get a chance at the cool stuff with Lamb. You ever tried to buy one of those exclusive Tour putters or ball markers from the Gallery? They sell out in seconds and a heck of a lot higher in price than anything Lamb.

To say there are not a few individuals who are closer to Tyson than others would be lie.

However, those same individuals have to log on to the website as well to get the majority of stuff like the rest of us.

The past two launches I was able to get whatever I wanted. Luck probably but I see what I want click and pay thats it. Im just an average guy that has met more than few lambambassdors and they are all gear nuts like the rest of us.. They also will let you use their putters if you ask. I have turn down Raider a couple of times. Told him it just wouldn't feel right.. each time I kick my own butt but its not mine to play with.

So Tyson knows the frustration is building even more.. thus another machine to speed up the process. You don't another machine just for markers.. so 2018 should be a fun one for all!

these beagles only get so tall man.

all kidding aside, i've shipped my putter a few times for people to check out. mine just came back from a fellow member here and is already back out to a good friend.

that said i do wish there were more putters available. but i am a huge fan and will continue to be as much. a lot of the hate here is from misguided folks who are almost as ignorant as they are misguided. so maybe i should feel more pity for them than grabbing the saddle for the beagles.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

To say there are not a few individuals who are closer to Tyson than others would be lie.

So Tyson knows the frustration is building even more.. thus another machine to speed up the process. You don't another machine just for markers.. so 2018 should be a fun one for all!

all kidding aside, i've shipped my putter a few times for people to check out. mine just came back from a fellow member here and is already back out to a good friend.

that said i do wish there were more putters available. but i am a huge fan and will continue to be as much. a lot of the hate here is from misguided folks who are guessing as almost as they are misguided. so maybe i should feel more pity for them than grabbing the saddle for the beagles.

FTFY beagle herder ;).. agree!

the rest of my Lambs.......

That last one puts a great roll on the ball!

Great collection my friend!

protos F4

Here are three together. Two are at the spa de Tyson and one is on loan to a fellow member.

Love the putters and what a fantastic idea for a putter rack. Very well done! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I loaned the putter to get it in the hands of some naysayers.

I would imagine a lot of the negative comments come from those who have never held or rolled a Lamb. Pictures only go so far.

wasn't gonna say it but yup.

i thought you were in new england?

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

I loaned the putter to get it in the hands of some naysayers.

I would imagine a lot of the negative comments come from those who have never held or rolled a Lamb. Pictures only go so far.

wasn't gonna say it but yup.

i thought you were in new england?

Im in sunny So. Florida!

Here are three together. Two are at the spa de Tyson and one is on loan to a fellow member.

Love the putters and what a fantastic idea for a putter rack. Very well done! BB

Thank you

that said i do wish there were more putters available. but i am a huge fan and will continue to be as much. a lot of the hate here is from misguided folks who are almost as ignorant as they are misguided. so maybe i should feel more pity for them than grabbing the saddle for the beagles.

That statement will make you tons of friends on here.

That statement will make you tons of friends on here.

Not the type to use a spatula to make lies or qualities stick to you. I have good friends because of it.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

You guys act like creative ideas, clean stamps, and awesome milling can only be done good by Tyson and there is no one close to his quality. Bobby has been there and doing that probably before Tyson was even born.

He also produces more than 16 every 3 months and has no problem selling out the Hive releases every time for a premium price.

Does Tyson even have the ability to make any unique heads or is he limited to the only 3?

Maybe you don't understand the process Tyson Lamb goes through.

Maybe to get the 16, he starts off with 160 that comes off the CNC machine.

Tyson Lamb then has to hand finish the putters in some sort of hand grinding and puffing process. He is human, so at the end of this process some of the putter heads aren't up to his standard. So now he's left with 100 putters.

Next step is engraving and stamping. He is human, so at the end of this process maybe he's not happy with how the stamping looks, maybe crooked, some letters are double stamped, so he pulls more putter heads that don't meet his level of quality. So now he's left with 40 putter heads.

Next step is paint-fill, Tyson Lamb is good with this, so no problem here, but maybe he's just not happy with some of his final products, so he pulls those, so at the end he's left with 25 putters, 16 to sell, the rest go to his friends and family.

I get that you're trying to impress just how meticulous Tyson is, but any manufacturer with a realization rate of 10% is not going to be making putters very long... I don't care how much you're selling those 16 for! Your example actually discredits him as it represents more of an incompetent machinist as opposed to a quality-control perfectionist.

He is intentionally limiting supply, and it's working. I think his work speaks for itself - it is stunning - and I'm happy for all the folks fortunate enough to own one of his putters. I doubt I will ever be in that group though as I don't really collect any kind of premium goods... if I were to purchase a $1k+ putter it would probably be an 009 because I know it will hold its value.

009s have not held their value at all for the past 5 years. declined 50% in value

Of course my divot tool is delayed... darn USPS. Happened again.

My can-top marker got hung up in USPS purgatory for almost 2 weeks. It finally made it here though. I'm about 2 hours from them. I should have just driven over.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

You guys act like creative ideas, clean stamps, and awesome milling can only be done good by Tyson and there is no one close to his quality. Bobby has been there and doing that probably before Tyson was even born.

He also produces more than 16 every 3 months and has no problem selling out the Hive releases every time for a premium price.

Does Tyson even have the ability to make any unique heads or is he limited to the only 3?

Maybe you don't understand the process Tyson Lamb goes through.

Maybe to get the 16, he starts off with 160 that comes off the CNC machine.

Tyson Lamb then has to hand finish the putters in some sort of hand grinding and puffing process. He is human, so at the end of this process some of the putter heads aren't up to his standard. So now he's left with 100 putters.

Next step is engraving and stamping. He is human, so at the end of this process maybe he's not happy with how the stamping looks, maybe crooked, some letters are double stamped, so he pulls more putter heads that don't meet his level of quality. So now he's left with 40 putter heads.

Next step is paint-fill, Tyson Lamb is good with this, so no problem here, but maybe he's just not happy with some of his final products, so he pulls those, so at the end he's left with 25 putters, 16 to sell, the rest go to his friends and family.

I get that you're trying to impress just how meticulous Tyson is, but any manufacturer with a realization rate of 10% is not going to be making putters very long... I don't care how much you're selling those 16 for! Your example actually discredits him as it represents more of an incompetent machinist as opposed to a quality-control perfectionist.

He is intentionally limiting supply, and it's working. I think his work speaks for itself - it is stunning - and I'm happy for all the folks fortunate enough to own one of his putters. I doubt I will ever be in that group though as I don't really collect any kind of premium goods... if I were to purchase a $1k+ putter it would probably be an 009 because I know it will hold its value.

009s have not held their value at all for the past 5 years. declined 50% in value

Curious, on what are you basing this estimate? It sounds like you collect a fair share of putters so I'm guessing this is founded in what you've experienced with buying and selling 009's the past few years?

It's hard to believe that is the case considering how much attention Speith brought to the model during that period.

And a lamb doesn't hold it's value? I beg to differ after seeing the market over the last month.

Thinking the same thing....

2018 will be interesting for sure!

Apologies, the emphasis on my post was not that a Lamb putter won't hold its value, but rather that I KNOW an 009 will. :hi: The jury is still out in regard to Lamb, especially given how... unpredictable... his reactions to criticism have been thus far and the fact that he is far from a mainstay in the industry at this point.

After "seeing the market over the last month" are you inclined to run out and sell the farm on Bitcoin futures?

as a pretty large (literally and figuratively) Cameron collector, i can promise you that the 009 has not held its value since the last price increase in 2015. if you buy an SC tour stick from a distributor be prepared to lose 30% once you hit "complete transaction"

And a lamb doesn't hold it's value? I beg to differ after seeing the market over the last month.

Thinking the same thing....

2018 will be interesting for sure!

Apologies, the emphasis on my post was not that a Lamb putter won't hold its value, but rather that I KNOW an 009 will. :hi: The jury is still out in regard to Lamb, especially given how... unpredictable... his reactions to criticism have been thus far and the fact that he is far from a mainstay in the industry at this point.

After "seeing the market over the last month" are you inclined to run out and sell the farm on Bitcoin futures?

as a pretty large (literally and figuratively) Cameron collector, i can promise you that the 009 has not held its value since the last price increase in 2015. if you buy an SC tour stick from a distributor be prepared to lose 30% once you hit "complete transaction"

Thank you for clarifying - that makes perfect sense and I suppose that is the case with the majority of goods purchased directly from the manufacturer.

If I were to pick up an 009 it would probably be secondhand so that I wouldn't feel guilty about gaming it and I'd probably have a better shot at recouping my original investment.

Of course my divot tool is delayed... darn USPS. Happened again.

My can-top marker got hung up in USPS purgatory for almost 2 weeks. It finally made it here though. I'm about 2 hours from them. I should have just driven over.

My Can-top marker was delayed for almost a week. I think Xmas deliveries are driving USPS crazy.