2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

Uh guys, it's a ball marker. ��

Would it matter if it was a headcover?

DJ was using a Lamb headcover on his putter at a tour event. Bottom line is the pros use whatever they want when it comes to accessories but its pretty damned cool to see a Tyson cover get gamed by one of the tours best.

I don't think it was the fact it was a Tyson Headcover more for the fact it was representing his father in law. Most pros that have been interviewed couldn't really care who makes their stuff.

Yeesh....

Did you honestly think I thought he was gaming it BECAUSE it was Tyson's? Good lord, man. You read what you want to read, lol. I know it was for the Great One. But I'm sure people were curious about who made it and where they could get it hence good exposure. Most pros really don't give much of a crap when it comes to this stuff. Certain designs appeal to some guys.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh guys, it's a ball marker. ��

Would it matter if it was a headcover?

DJ was using a Lamb headcover on his putter at a tour event. Bottom line is the pros use whatever they want when it comes to accessories but its pretty damned cool to see a Tyson cover get gamed by one of the tours best.

I don't think it was the fact it was a Tyson Headcover more for the fact it was representing his father in law. Most pros that have been interviewed couldn't really care who makes their stuff.

Yeesh....

Did you honestly think I thought he was gaming it BECAUSE it was Tyson's? Good lord, man. You read what you want to read, lol. I know it was for the Great One. But I'm sure people were curious about who made it and where they could get it hence good exposure. Most pros really don't give much of a crap when it comes to this stuff. Certain designs appeal to some guys.

So you're saying those guys just turned around to Scotty Cameron, Oydssey or Ping and said hey make this for me? Tour guys ask and they shall receive. They don't need to go to Tyson for a speciality HC.

Tyson could get all the exposure he wants, I mean he already has some. It still doesn't change the fact he can only produce 16 putters for the public every few months. By the looks he can't even stick to that schedule seeing how the December putter release is unlikely to happen now per lambcollectors.

They can say well we want to just release slow but I guarantee it's because he can't produce them quick enough. If he could produce them I guarantee they would release them.

Listen I own a multi-million dollar grossing per year roofing and exterior company at 30 years old. I started it myself with no help from family when I graduated college at 21. I employ 100 people now and climb roofs myself still. If you think I could only have survived and expanded doing exterior work instead of my main business of roofs then you are sorely sorely mistaking business.

Same with Tyson, He won't survive doing headcovers, divot tools, and ball markers alone. His main draw is his outstanding work on putters. If he can't produce them for the main customer base (which 16 every few months won't suffice) his other stuff will eventually lose value. Eventually his private investor will be calling for his return.

There is a reason Scotty can charge outrageous prices for head covers and custom putters. It wasn't because he only produced 16 putters every few months.

You think he “can only”

Where as it’s a choice to only make this amount.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

You think he “can only”

How do you know it's his choice? What logical reasoning is behind it? He says he wants to build slow but then contradicts himself by saying he wants his putters in the hands of every person possible.

You think if he could at least double his putter production he wouldn't? You obviously don't know business and are fooling yourself if you think he would rather sell only 16 $3000 putters instead of 32. No logical business person believes that.

I would put dollars to donuts (pun intended) that Tyson makes very few putters this early on for purposes of, but not limited to, hype and value control. If you think he's slow on putters because he wants to make accessories and/or he's lazy, you'd better look at his product again. Lazy men don't go to these lengths to make this quality of goods from this quality of mediums.

And guess what-- it's working.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

You think he “can only”

How do you know it's his choice? What logical reasoning is behind it? He says he wants to build slow but then contradicts himself by saying he wants his putters in the hands of every person possible.

You think if he could at least double his putter production he wouldn't? You obviously don't know business and are fooling yourself if you think he would rather sell only 16 $3000 putters instead of 32. No logical business person believes that.

Did not say it makes sense or is logical but it is what it is.

Congratulations on your roofing business!

And his markers and head covers are too high quality to drop in value.

There are some serious collectors that will buy them all every time.

protos F4

I would put dollars to donuts (pun intended) that Tyson makes very few putters this early on for purposes of, but not limited to, hype and value control. If you think he's slow on putters because he wants to make accessories and/or he's lazy, you'd better look at his product again. Lazy men don't go to these lengths to make this quality of goods from this quality of mediums.

Not saying he's lazy. He makes excellent stuff. I'm saying he doesn't have the ability to produce more because he focuses a lot of time on accessories and not enough on putter making.

He pawns it off on value control and building slow even though he likely just doesn't have the ability to produce more. Even if he doubled his production it won't drop his value.

You think he “can only”

Didn’t say it makes sense or is logical but it is what it is.

Collectors buy things expecting it to increase in value not stay the same. If he doesn't expand and grow neither will the value of his products.

Do you think I could charge what I do now for a roofing job if I didn't grow as a company?

Not saying he's lazy. He makes excellent stuff. I'm saying he doesn't have the ability to produce more because he focuses a lot of time on accessories and not enough on putter making.

He pawns it off on value control and building slow even though he likely just doesn't have the ability to produce more. Even if he doubled his production it won't drop his value.

he has chosen not to produce more putters. he made 32 alone in 1/17 for the PGA show. and they weren't simple putters either.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

You think he "can only"

Where as it's a choice to only make this amount.

Didn’t say it makes sense or is logical but it is what it is.

Collectors buy things expecting it to increase in value not stay the same. If he doesn't expand and grow neither will the value of his products.

hobbyists collect things for many reasons. in an idealistic world, they all collected for items to gain in value, however that's simply not the case. the guy who overpaid for the ferrari because he wanted it isn't expecting it to gain in value: he just really wanted that car. and the guy who's gonna buy the shield set on eBay for $1500+, he just really effing wants it man.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

he has chosen not to produce more putters. he made 32 alone in 1/17 for the PGA show. and they weren't simple putters either.

Exactly and this year he is only going to have a handful for display and will only be taking orders through Tablerock to be shipped and made at a later date.

That's a degress.

You think he "can only"

Where as it's a choice to only make this amount.

Didn⤙t say it makes sense or is logical but it is what it is.

hobbyists collect things for many reasons. in an idealistic world, they all collected for items to gain in value, however that's simply not the case. the guy who overpaid for the ferrari because he wanted it isn't expecting it to gain in value: he just really wanted that car. and the guy who's gonna buy the shield set on eBay for $1500+, he just really effing wants it man.

See there is a difference in hobbyist and collectors. He referred to collectors not hobbyist. Hobbyist buys a 2017 mustang expecting it to be lose value but he enjoys sports cars. A collector buys a 1966 Fastback because it will only go up in value.

Huge difference....

you're trying to separate the two but in the way he is using the term collector, he means both (i.e The Cameron Collector or The Lamb Collector). i'm not here to argue semantics though.

i'm sure you're very smart and your business apparently does well, but if you think tyson is doing accessories because he can't find time to do putters, you might want to reevaluate. he's choosing to not make putters. and there's a reason for that.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

You know I would happily buy one of Tyson's putters. He does great work but I'm not going to sit by my computer on a release day fighting over 16 putters.

It's no sweat because I can call Mike at Piretti and get the same quality 801 as an Allendale however I want and it be at my door in less than 2 weeks.

It's all coming from the same block of steel and quality CNC machining.

You know I would happily buy one of Tyson's putters. He does great work but I'm not going to sit by my computer on a release day fighting over 16 putters.

It's no sweat because I can call Mike at Piretti and get the same quality 801 as an Allendale however I want and it be at my door in less than 2 weeks.

that's your choice brother. enjoy.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

that's your choice brother. enjoy.

You heard it hear first. PXG will buy Lamb Crafted. It will be like Toulon but instead a luxury brand inside a luxury brand.

If they were more readily available, I’d buy one, too. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is something I appreciate.

Some here are suggesting that Tyson is intentionally making only a few putters to “create” demand. To date, at least, it appears to be working. The longer this goes on, however, I wonder whether people will lose interest and demand will drop. To an outsider like me, the golf business seems fickle. I have no idea what my point is...LOL...I just know that if I could’ve gotten one, I would’ve already bought one. That said, the idea of paying a premium price for a premium product and having to rush to make the decision (literally making an instantaneous decision), then get lucky in the checkout process, seems kind of silly.

If they were more readily available, I’d buy one, too. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is something I appreciate.

Some here are suggesting that Tyson is intentionally making only a few putters to “create” demand. To date, at least, it appears to be working. The longer this goes on, however, I wonder whether people will lose interest and demand will drop. To an outsider like me, the golf business seems fickle. I have no idea what my point is...LOL...I just know that if I could’ve gotten one, I would’ve already bought one. That said, the idea of paying a premium price for a premium product and having to rush to make the decision (literally making an instantaneous decision), then get lucky in the checkout process, seems kind of silly.

you're absolutely right. for everyone it is different when that point would happen, but if he doesn't release putters in a timely fashion the interest will fall off for some early comers. fortunately most of the hype is recent and he has time to produce. unfortunately a lot of the early comers are established collectors of other brand(s) who usually don't have to wait at all.

the thinking collector would be at the PGA show or know someone who will be. and this is just a hunch, but although he's not really posting, he's making putters; so if they're going anywhere, they're going to this show. i bet he has more there this year than last. that's not saying much though because there are substantially more potential collectors this year than last.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

What is behind the Tyson Lamb brand to support the prices?

Scotty Cameron is largely tied to Tiger Woods so the brand's legacy is cemented.

So right now it has to be scarcity, if he produces more than 16 a quarter he may lose that.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

That's my point as we are going on year 3. You eventually have to stop hiding behind a saying "we are wanting to build slow" and show people you can produce and meet demand. As people will lose interest.

Just like in the roofing business if I take a long time to reply to a quote that person will move on to the next as there is too many great roofers out there to dwell. Just like there are tons of great putter makers that can provide the same craftsmanship and attention to detail.

If they were more readily available, I'd buy one, too. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is something I appreciate.

Some here are suggesting that Tyson is intentionally making only a few putters to "create" demand. To date, at least, it appears to be working. The longer this goes on, however, I wonder whether people will lose interest and demand will drop. To an outsider like me, the golf business seems fickle. I have no idea what my point is...LOL...I just know that if I could've gotten one, I would've already bought one. That said, the idea of paying a premium price for a premium product and having to rush to make the decision (literally making an instantaneous decision), then get lucky in the checkout process, seems kind of silly.

That's my point as we are going on year 3. You eventually have to stop hiding behind a saying "we are wanting to build slow" and show people you can produce and meet demand. As people will lose interest.

Just like in the roofing business if I take a long time to reply to a quote that person will move on to the next as there is too many great roofers out there to dwell. Just like there are tons of great putter makers that can provide the same craftsmanship and attention to detail.

that's up to him brother. he's not hiding behind anything and he's working particularly intelligently. there may come a time where i feel otherwise, but right now he's moving at a rather intelligent pace.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Intelligent pace for the win!

You are right, there are tons of great putter makers/companies.

A lot can not get Lamb putters so maybe that’s why he is so hot right now.

Only time will tell and glad to be along for the ride..

protos F4

I will say I disagree that “there are tons of great putter makers that can provide the same craftsmanship and attention to detail.” I’m embarrassed to admit how many tour Cameron and boutique putters I’ve owned, and I’ve only seen one other putter maker that consistently creates putters that are as cool, clean and well finished as what I’ve seen from Tyson.

So I guess my point is...he’s effectively gotten everyone’s attention. Curious as to how long he can keep it when most are just looking at pics on their iPad.

I will say I disagree that "there are tons of great putter makers that can provide the same craftsmanship and attention to detail." I'm embarrassed to admit how many tour Cameron and boutique putters I've owned, and I've only seen one other putter maker that consistently creates putters that are as cool, clean and well finished as what I've seen from Tyson.

If you're interested in paying the money for a Lamb and collecting all the accessories, you're either wildly impressed, or more likely, collected other boutique makers and impressed. I can't even count how many tour Camerons I've had, too, and we're not the only ones participating in this thread right now. There's a lot of the "Cameron is cool but hands-off"; "how annoyingly BM paints"; and "how cool of a maker Ingles is but where the hell is he?" going on. But at the end of the day, I like Lamb-- the company is a family, with an awesome community of collectors, and proudly made in the USA. Can't go wrong there.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Alot of the hating on Lamb here is incredibly off base and just shows tthat you do not follow the brand. That is about all Im going to say on that matter.

His putters are 2nd to none in quality though. Piretti isnt even in the same league for quality and craftsmanship. Ive had every single high end putter there is, GSS Piretti, GSS byron, circle Ts, Dass Bettinardi, you name it. Not a single one of them (except for gss byron as that thing rocked but craftsmanship not as good) is as good as a Lamb putter.

His accessories and covers are also far better quality than anything on the market as well compared to manufacturers like Scotty Cameron.

I anticipate big things from Tyson in 2018 as he now has a 2nd milling machine coming and it sounds like production will be doubling

Alot of the hating on Lamb here is incredibly off base and just shows tthat you do not follow the brand. That is about all Im going to say on that matter.

His putters are 2nd to none in quality though. Piretti isnt even in the same league for quality and craftsmanship. Ive had every single high end putter there is, GSS Piretti, GSS byron, circle Ts, Dass Bettinardi, you name it. Not a single one of them (except for gss byron as that thing rocked but craftsmanship not as good) is as good as a Lamb putter.

His accessories and covers are also far better quality than anything on the market as well compared to manufacturers like Scotty Cameron.

I anticipate big things from Tyson in 2018 as he now has a 2nd milling machine coming and it sounds like production will be doubling

Come on, all the guy you mentioned all use CNC mills, which means the work is based off of computer software. They all use the same types of metal, carbon or stainless steel

So the only quality I see is neatness, since Tyson Lamb engraves his putter on a machine, it's going to be neater than a Scotty Cameron or Thad Moore having people pounding Freight Harbor metal stamps.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Come on, all the guy you mentioned all use CNC mills, which means the work is based off of computer software. They all use the same types of metal, carbon or stainless steel

So the only quality I see is neatness, since Tyson Lamb engraves his putter on a machine, it's going to be neater than a Scotty Cameron or Thad Moore having people pounding Freight Harbor metal stamps.

It doesn’t sound like you’ve seen many of his putters but most of them are handstamped pretty religiously. And his stamping is really quite impressive. There are some engravings but all of the putters, except for a handful, have handstamping.

Also, a CNC may mill on command but the programming for sole steps, and soft tri-soles, etc are not. Nor is anyone else’s CNC set by anyone but the maker. The CNC argument is rather elementary IMO. No offense.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

You know he hand stamps his putters and coins?

protos F4

The ignorance here is overwhelming. I think you need to do a little more research before weighing in with misinformed opinions.

First of all, who do you think created the design that gets programmed into the CNC machine? That is what makes for the subtle differences between each makers unique head design. A CNC machine is not a magic lamp that spits out whatever you ask for in a finished form. There is a tremendous amount of detail that goes into the hand finishing of a putter head after milling. I have seen this process from Tyson, Byron and Scotty and I'm sure the rest of the elite makers are doing the same.

Second, Tyson does not simply engrave all of his putters. He does some engraving yes, but he also does a lot of hand stamping. His stamping is top notch and if you look at the depth and evenness of each stamp, you'll be able to notice just how good he is at the craft.

If you love SC putters because Tiger (or any of the other tour players play one) then that's great. SC makes cool stuff and that why I respect his brand. Tyson also makes cool stuff, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to attempt to discredit him.