2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Tyson even make putters anymore? All you see on his Instagram for any amount of time recently is ball markers, divot tools, and headcovers. It's all a ruse that he actually wants to be a putter maker.

Ball marker math, $100 for a 6 foot rod of stainless cut into over 200 pieces equals huge margins. Add to that, milling time is minimal compared to milling a putter.

Does Tyson even make putters anymore? All you see on his Instagram for any amount of time recently is ball markers, divot tools, and headcovers. It's all a ruse that he actually wants to be a putter maker.

I have no doubts that he makes an amazing product, but it’s the lack of putter availability that is disappointing. I just can’t bring myself to buy accessories for a putter maker that I don’t own a putter. Now I have a ton of Seamus items.

I can appreciate that I’m unique and rather OCD so that’s my own issue. Hoping he can ramp up putter models, but in get the profits are better in the accessory markets.

The answer is yes Tyson still makes putters. The guy just did some renovations to his shop to be able to fit his second machine, I know he and his mom, and now his sister are working very hard to get things ready. I think with the holidays coming up they wanted to get a ton of covers, markers, and maybe t shirts and stuff ready because they are a little cheaper to be given as presents and stuff. But I do not know if putters will be apart of this next release or not, and if they are I imagine they will be sold out in minutes again.

Everything I just said is just my guess.

I'm guessing they are more conservative with their growth and have taken on very limited outside investment, if any at all. Basically they've built their brand to an inflection point where they need $ to scale, and they can fund the future growth of their core business by selling their accessories that are being sought after. I'm guessing you will see them expand over the couple of years and you will see more semi custom to custom putters out there, and the accessories are still a great way for them to maintain and expand interest in the brand.

I'm guessing they are more conservative with their growth and have taken on very limited outside investment, if any at all. Basically they've built their brand to an inflection point where they need $ to scale, and they can fund the future growth of their core business by selling their accessories that are being sought after. I'm guessing you will see them expand over the couple of years and you will see more semi custom to custom putters out there, and the accessories are still a great way for them to maintain and expand interest in the brand.

Impossible, unless daddy and mommy are fitting the bill which is still likely because no bank is going to lend that type of $$$ to a 28 year old with no capital.

He still would need one hell of a business plan and a large sum of liquid capital from somewhere for the bank to even be involved. Maybe another source like a private investor which owns a stake in the company? Either way I guarantee he has outside help which will eventually want a return on their investment.

He's running two $200,000+ HASS cnc machines + all of his other equipment + his overhead for material, staffing, taxes, shipping, etc.

He's getting outside help or his parents were rich to start.

A couple hundred $3000 putters if that is in the market from him currently. That doesn't cover all of his overhead. Sure he makes other things that yield a high return like his ball markers. However people will eventually stop buying those things if they can never get their hands on an actual putter from him.

I'm not saying he should make 100s every week but releasing 16 every few months isn't going to cut it.

Impossible, unless daddy and mommy are fitting the bill which is still likely because no bank is going to lend that type of $$$ to a 28 year old with no capital.

He still would need one hell of a business plan and a large sum of liquid capital from somewhere for the bank to even be involved. Maybe another source like a private investor which owns a stake in the company? Either way I guarantee he has outside help which will eventually want a return on their investment.

He's running two $200,000+ HASS cnc machines + all of his other equipment + his overhead for material, staffing, taxes, shipping, etc.

A couple hundred $3000 putters if that is in the market from him currently. That doesn't cover all of his overhead. Sure he makes other things that yield a high return like his ball markers. However people will eventually stop buying those things if they can never get their hands on an actual putter from him.

I'm not saying he should make 100s every week but releasing 16 every few months isn't going to cut it.

I’m not going to provide any specific details, but I can confirm that he does have a private investor that’s not part of his family or anything

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-VR 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Full Toe 58c, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

I’m not going to provide any specific details, but I can confirm that he does have a private investor that’s not part of his family or anything

Good to know and good for the them!

I expected that. It wouldn't be possible without it. Not saying it's a bad thing or anything just knew there had to be something. Eventually that private investor will want to see a return.

People are not going to stop buying his other things just because they don't have their hands on a putter. That is 100% inaccurate. I think the putter release so far has been very good, and apparently so did many others since they sold out in minutes. But always has to be someone to bring mommy and daddy into it. Can a 28 year old not have enough money to run his own business or something?

Why does he need two machines if everything is done by him and him alone?

One for markers and one for putters..the more the better.

I expect more stuff to come out

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

People are not going to stop buying his other things just because they don't have their hands on a putter. That is 100% inaccurate. I think the putter release so far has been very good, and apparently so did many others since they sold out in minutes. But always has to be someone to bring mommy and daddy into it. Can a 28 year old not have enough money to run his own business or something?

Apparently he doesn't hence a private investor... It's fairly easy to sell out in minutes when you are only selling 16. Tyson makes a top notch product no disputing that. But if you think his business is going to survive as a solo operation only selling 16 putters every few months then you don't know business or know what it takes to run a successful one.

Apparently he doesn't hence a private investor... It's fairly easy to sell out in minutes when you are only selling 16. Tyson makes a top notch product no disputing that. But if you think his business is going to survive as a solo operation only selling 16 putters every few months then you don't know business or know what it takes to run a successful one.

He is not just in the putter business. They have other companies in the mix.

It’s probably Scotty Cameron

Just Kidding :-)

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

He is not just in the putter business. They have other companies in the mix.

What are the other companies?

Tyson also has Black Diamond belts which was started before Lamb Crafted putters.

I would anticipate the second CNC will help with addressing the lack of putters made available to the public.

I have no business knowledge / education / experience, but wouldn't common sense suggest that if one was to build something to last, one would take his / her time building up slow to make sure the foundation is strong enough to handle. How slow? How meticulous should one be? I agree you can't take forever but rushing to meet other's demands may create future issues or an unsustainable business model. Being only 28 shouldn't be a reason someone doesn't have any business sense.

Hoping 2018 helps solidify Tyson's business and resolves some of the gripes people have with speed of release. I for one am pulling for him to do so.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

Tyson also has Black Diamond belts which was started before Lamb Crafted putters.

I would anticipate the second CNC will help with addressing the lack of putters made available to the public.

I have no business knowledge / education / experience, but wouldn't common sense suggest that if one was to build something to last, one would take his / her time building up slow to make sure the foundation is strong enough to handle. How slow? How meticulous should one be? I agree you can't take forever but rushing to meet other's demands may create future issues or an unsustainable business model. Being only 28 shouldn't be a reason someone doesn't have any business sense.

Hoping 2018 helps solidify Tyson's business and resolves some of the gripes people have with speed of release. I for one am pulling for him to do so.

Pardon me as I haven't had any coffee yet, but I totally agree with NSCBR. It's really up to Tyson & Co. as to how quickly they grow. 100% up to them. But I see the upside down, too-- so to speak. IIRC, He has said he would be releasing more putters on a regular basis for some time now. He also said there'd be two additional putter releases before Christmas. In a time where hype and Instagram are just as important as your product, carnivorous customers are paying attention to everything he's saying and posting. Because of that, at this point, his words matter just as greatly as his product.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

He also has the Pga show coming up like most companies, so he will have to be knocking a bunch out for that.

I am not sure about 2 putter releases before Christmas. He said he is having 3 releases before Christmas but never said what they would be.

I can see one but if it is not until January then no big thing. It will be a crap shoot like always on the releases.

protos F4

He also has the Pga show coming up like most companies, so he will have to be knocking a bunch out for that.

I am not sure about 2 putter releases before Christmas. He said he is having 3 releases before Christmas but never said what they would be.

I can see one but if it is not until January then no big thing. It will be a crap shoot like always on the releases.

From my understanding he is going to have very limited putters available actually at the PGA show but instead people will be able to place an order there through Tablerock to be delivered at a later date. How long it takes him to get it to you is yet to be seen.

He has promised two releases before Christmas and from what lambcollectors are saying he might not even have one now. As said above his words matter just as much as his product. So if he keeps hyping himself but can't deliver people will go other places. You can say well he's wanting to release stuff slow. It's going on two+ years and I would venture to say he has less than 100 putters in the hands of people.

He reminds me a lot of Low Tide. Great milling work but that doesn't matter if you can't keep basic promises to customers.

The market is flooded with great putter makers. So if Tyson can't fulfill then it's too easy to go elsewhere. There is a reason people like Piretti, Lamont, Byron Morgan, Kari Lajosi etc are still around while others fade. They provide great service, fulfill promises, deliver, and make a fine product.

For one they don't copy other people's company names when claiming to be super original. :) #MannKrafted

I somewhat see what your saying. The problem is he doesn’t need to make putters, he’s got diehard friends doing all his hype work and ensuring things like headcovers and ball markers sell out. There’s something to be said about taking your time but he would be moving too slow imo if it weren’t for the hype.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I somewhat see what your saying. The problem is he doesn't need to make putters, he's got diehard friends doing all his hype work and ensuring things like headcovers and ball markers sell out. There's something to be said about taking your time but he would be moving too slow imo if it weren't for the hype.

I think there are a lot of factors as to why he sells out immediately. I agree he's taking his good old time, and I'm sure he has good reason for it, but it's not just a couple handfuls of guys on Instagram & FB making his stuff sell.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

From my understanding he is going to have very limited putters available actually at the PGA show but instead people will be able to place an order there through Tablerock to be delivered at a later date. How long it takes him to get it to you is yet to be seen.

He has promised two releases before Christmas and from what lambcollectors are saying he might not even have one now. As said above his words matter just as much as his product. So if he keeps hyping himself but can't deliver people will go other places. You can say well he's wanting to release stuff slow. It's going on two+ years and I would venture to say he has less than 100 putters in the hands of people.

He reminds me a lot of Low Tide. Great milling work but that doesn't matter if you can't keep basic promises to customers.

The market is flooded with great putter makers. So if Tyson can't fulfill then it's too easy to go elsewhere. There is a reason people like Piretti, Lamont, Byron Morgan, Kari Lajosi etc are still around while others fade. They provide great service, fulfill promises, deliver, and make a fine product.

For one they don't copy other people's company names when claiming to be super original. :) #MannKrafted

Low tide is still around but I have been hearing more negative than good.

I got mine in a timely manner but unless it has change these guys do it as a side job.

protos F4

I am coming in late to the party but I think people are overstating his business costs. People quote the full cost of his CNC machines but any rational business person would be working on a capital lease for any type of large machinery. Rent probably isn't too bad and material isn't exactly pure gold and silver. Depending on his accounting methods I would guess he is actually in the black or close to it if he is doing the volume it seems.

As for a bank loan, he already has proof of concept and legitimate sales, seems it would be easy for him to get a loan, possibly even SBA. I know I would lend to him if all is as it appears. I work with banks across the country and think a lot of them would happily take on a customer whose business has very high margins

why is his site down? Did he do another release?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

There was a release...that anti-sniping software they are supposedly using still isn't working. Had the new divot tool and lime berry marker in my cart, went to check out the head covers and then they were gone out of the cart....sucks...but oh well.

Callaway Paradym Driver

Callaway Paradym 3w

Callaway Rogue 4H
Srixon ZX MKII combo 4-A
Cleveland RTX 6 54, 58
Swag Boss

Ya whatever supposed anti sniping software they’re using doesn’t work at all.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson