Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

My recent mail day grabs... the divot tool is from the Oh Sh*t Drawer

this is exactly the size pitch repair tool I want. any idea on how to get my hands on a "reject" or a mini?

Hope & Prayer

we’ll fudge. never had much luck with hoping and never been one to pray. looks like i’ll have to buy a “full size” and find a way to grind it myself

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness it can be difficult to tolerate blatant ignorance, wouldn’t you agree? “Cheeto Fingers†is pretty classic though— gotta give him that.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

i'm going to throw this out there -- and i'm going to preface this with the following statement:

- i did not request, nor expect a member to send me his putter -- however, i'm incredibly thankful he did because it clarified some of the questions i had regarding his putters, his craftsmanship and his attention to detail.

i was lucky enough to try an allendale, rivot sight dot on the topline, hammered plumbers neck (welded), hammered bumpers and a clean mill on the face. albeit the putter was a bit shorter for me, i was able to only take 31 putts today (including 4 birdies) in my quick black friday 18.

the craftsmanship and attention to detail in this putter (and i would expect the others) are really something else. you can tell that Tyson is proud of what he does and owns it.

now, that being said -- i came to find that the putter is still -- just a putter. i would have a hard time justifying the price, even if i had the cash on me simply b/c when all is said and done - it's not a magic stick and won't hole more putts. it's an art piece. if you can accept it as that and realize that is all it's going to be, and have the where-with-all to afford it -- go for it, you will not be disappointed.

in the past (in this thread) i've made comments about his customer service, his operation and such - most of them i still believe in and think what most have said in this thread that it's growing pains. he didn't realize how big he was going to be, as fast as it came -- and that has caused issues, some good - some bad. regardless of all of that, the product is as advertised - great quality.

if i somehow had the extra cash laying around to pick one of these up (obviously if they were more readily available) - i think i still might go with a lajosi, byron, mann, etc simply b/c i'm not seeing the value of a $2k+ piece of art that makes the same amount of putts i make now. i honestly would be a bit worried i'd do something stupid, someone would swipe it, etc. while owning one.

i might get flamed for this post but, just being honest and genuine. cheers boys (i'm jealous of those of you who own these -- they really are gorgeous in person)

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

i'm going to throw this out there -- and i'm going to preface this with the following statement:

- i did not request, nor expect a member to send me his putter -- however, i'm incredibly thankful he did because it clarified some of the questions i had regarding his putters, his craftsmanship and his attention to detail.

i was lucky enough to try an allendale, rivot sight dot on the topline, hammered plumbers neck (welded), hammered bumpers and a clean mill on the face. albeit the putter was a bit shorter for me, i was able to only take 31 putts today (including 4 birdies) in my quick black friday 18.

the craftsmanship and attention to detail in this putter (and i would expect the others) are really something else. you can tell that Tyson is proud of what he does and owns it.

now, that being said -- i came to find that the putter is still -- just a putter. i would have a hard time justifying the price, even if i had the cash on me simply b/c when all is said and done - it's not a magic stick and won't hole more putts. it's an art piece. if you can accept it as that and realize that is all it's going to be, and have the where-with-all to afford it -- go for it, you will not be disappointed.

in the past (in this thread) i've made comments about his customer service, his operation and such - most of them i still believe in and think what most have said in this thread that it's growing pains. he didn't realize how big he was going to be, as fast as it came -- and that has caused issues, some good - some bad. regardless of all of that, the product is as advertised - great quality.

if i somehow had the extra cash laying around to pick one of these up (obviously if they were more readily available) - i think i still might go with a lajosi, byron, mann, etc simply b/c i'm not seeing the value of a $2k+ piece of art that makes the same amount of putts i make now. i honestly would be a bit worried i'd do something stupid, someone would swipe it, etc. while owning one.

i might get flamed for this post but, just being honest and genuine. cheers boys (i'm jealous of those of you who own these -- they really are gorgeous in person)

Being honest should not get you flamed.

I think it takes people experiencing one of the Lamb outings or getting to see and use one of the Lamb putters to appreciate the craft.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

i would hope nobody would give you a hard time for your post. that would be ridiculous on their part. i dont speak for tyson but knowing him i think he would appreciate your honest opinion and your take on his work. i agree that 2k is a ton of money to spend on a putter. i remember the first time i spent that kind of money on an SC and i was really having lots of second thought. the first purchase is always a hard one. the way i always justified it to myself was that i would always be able to sell down the road and get most of my money back (baring it didnt have my name on it). anytime one makes a large investment knowing it may just be art its hard.

i personally appreciate your candor and review. Tyson does make "beautifully well crafted" putters. but alas they are not going to make you better at putting. if that was the case my 10k SC garage stick would sink everything and i would have never needed anything else. im at the point where i look at putters as functioning pieces of art. more importantly i look at collecting anything as a way of connecting with other collectors. in my opinion what made the Cameron world great was the people, the get togethers, and the stories. if it wasnt for my cameron collecting i wouldnt have met some of my best friends. and if i wasnt for my cameron collecting i wouldnt have met one of my best friends in the world in Tyson Lamb. when my wife divorces me and if i ever get remarried (hahahaha that will never f*cking happen, wont make that mistake twice) Tyson would be in my wedding party for sure.....along with a few other guys i met through him. in fact maybe id marry Mula if i have to do it again....it might be nice to have a man around the house to help do some sh*t.

my point is that its not about the "Stuff". that is just the initial draw....the window dressing if you will. its clear Tyson does incredible work. so does LaMont, Byron, Piretti, Dave Edel etc.... my issue with them is i havent connected with anyone yet because of my collecting there stuff. i love talking to LaMont on the phone, hes one of the classiest guys ive spoken too, and knowledgeable. but i have yet to see a group of his collectors inviting me to do stuff. Tysons putter wont make you a better putter. i would go as far as to say NO putter will make you a better putter. Practice makes you better. Period. you arent going to become a pro golfer because you have a 1k shaft in your driver or a set of PXGs for 4k. not if you dont practice 6 days a week and be naturally talented (ive given up on my LPGA tour dreams...im just not good enough) And thats OK. i collect putters because i like putters....same reason i collect watches and guns. I prefer the Lamb stuff for the community that has formed because of Tyson. i would still be apart of the Cameron community but i got blacklisted by not only Scotty, but also by the guys on the Facebook groups who fear Scotty will get mad at them for still having me. i still have a huge cameron collection but i have no one to share it with except the dozen guys that are my true friends and dont care what SC thinks about me.

sorry for writing a book but i get excited when i hear that someone sent someone else a putter to try. even if you dont want to buy one. it is an example of the kind of community that is being formed around Tyson's brand. Tyson is actively looking for a bigger shop, he actively looking to hire more staff (he just brought a new perosn in this week), hes actively looking to buy more equipment. he wants to meet everyones needs. but he doesnt want to sacrifice quality for quantity. he just doesnt have the infrastructure yet to make 50 putters a month and still be able to say he did every single one, while still making all the accessories as well. he is also only 29 and still likes to hang out with his buddies and just play golf, talk women, and drink alcohol. he needs a life also. no one who collects his stuff wants him to burn out.

i appreciate you writing what you did. i hope you become a part of the community. its a great group of people. you dont have to own anything. all are welcome. as long as you can appreciate Tyson's work its good enough for us.

Happy Thanksgiving

-Santo

You had me at i hope

giphy.gif

protos F4

i would hope nobody would give you a hard time for your post. that would be ridiculous on their part. i dont speak for tyson but knowing him i think he would appreciate your honest opinion and your take on his work. i agree that 2k is a ton of money to spend on a putter. i remember the first time i spent that kind of money on an SC and i was really having lots of second thought. the first purchase is always a hard one. the way i always justified it to myself was that i would always be able to sell down the road and get most of my money back (baring it didnt have my name on it). anytime one makes a large investment knowing it may just be art its hard.

i personally appreciate your candor and review. Tyson does make "beautifully well crafted" putters. but alas they are not going to make you better at putting. if that was the case my 10k SC garage stick would sink everything and i would have never needed anything else. im at the point where i look at putters as functioning pieces of art. more importantly i look at collecting anything as a way of connecting with other collectors. in my opinion what made the Cameron world great was the people, the get togethers, and the stories. if it wasnt for my cameron collecting i wouldnt have met some of my best friends. and if i wasnt for my cameron collecting i wouldnt have met one of my best friends in the world in Tyson Lamb. when my wife divorces me and if i ever get remarried (hahahaha that will never f*cking happen, wont make that mistake twice) Tyson would be in my wedding party for sure.....along with a few other guys i met through him. in fact maybe id marry Mula if i have to do it again....it might be nice to have a man around the house to help do some sh*t.

my point is that its not about the "Stuff". that is just the initial draw....the window dressing if you will. its clear Tyson does incredible work. so does LaMont, Byron, Piretti, Dave Edel etc.... my issue with them is i havent connected with anyone yet because of my collecting there stuff. i love talking to LaMont on the phone, hes one of the classiest guys ive spoken too, and knowledgeable. but i have yet to see a group of his collectors inviting me to do stuff. Tysons putter wont make you a better putter. i would go as far as to say NO putter will make you a better putter. Practice makes you better. Period. you arent going to become a pro golfer because you have a 1k shaft in your driver or a set of PXGs for 4k. not if you dont practice 6 days a week and be naturally talented (ive given up on my LPGA tour dreams...im just not good enough) And thats OK. i collect putters because i like putters....same reason i collect watches and guns. I prefer the Lamb stuff for the community that has formed because of Tyson. i would still be apart of the Cameron community but i got blacklisted by not only Scotty, but also by the guys on the Facebook groups who fear Scotty will get mad at them for still having me. i still have a huge cameron collection but i have no one to share it with except the dozen guys that are my true friends and dont care what SC thinks about me.

sorry for writing a book but i get excited when i hear that someone sent someone else a putter to try. even if you dont want to buy one. it is an example of the kind of community that is being formed around Tyson's brand. Tyson is actively looking for a bigger shop, he actively looking to hire more staff (he just brought a new perosn in this week), hes actively looking to buy more equipment. he wants to meet everyones needs. but he doesnt want to sacrifice quality for quantity. he just doesnt have the infrastructure yet to make 50 putters a month and still be able to say he did every single one, while still making all the accessories as well. he is also only 29 and still likes to hang out with his buddies and just play golf, talk women, and drink alcohol. he needs a life also. no one who collects his stuff wants him to burn out.

i appreciate you writing what you did. i hope you become a part of the community. its a great group of people. you dont have to own anything. all are welcome. as long as you can appreciate Tyson's work its good enough for us.

Happy Thanksgiving

-Santo

yes, yes and yes to all of this. I don't have the same time of relationship as Santo does with Tyson nor do I have the stable of Lamb Putters either. I do have and share the same feelings towards Tyson. I've talked to, hung out with, played golf with, and bull sh!tted with Tyson and many of his collectors.

I'm not surprised one of the Lamb guys sent a putter out for some a demo. I know many of original guys would do it a heart beat.

Thank you Gio for your honest post. I agree with all of it and I own a Lamber. Me, honestly, I wanted a Lamb putter before he got too big to say "I knew this guy was gonna be huge". Plus I really liked his style!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a successful Black Friday.

[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra F8+[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Adams Tight Lies Tour 14.5[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Cobra AMP 18[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Bridgestone J40 Combo [/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway MP3 52/58[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Tyson Lamb Custom Bridgeport[/font][/size]
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif"]Vice Pro +[/font]

Happy Thanksgiving

-Santo

yes, yes and yes to all of this. I don't have the same time of relationship as Santo does with Tyson nor do I have the stable of Lamb Putters either. I do have and share the same feelings towards Tyson. I've talked to, hung out with, played golf with, and bull sh!tted with Tyson and many of his collectors.

I'm not surprised one of the Lamb guys sent a putter out for some a demo. I know many of original guys would do it a heart beat.

Thank you Gio for your honest post. I agree with all of it and I own a Lamber. Me, honestly, I wanted a Lamb putter before he got too big to say "I knew this guy was gonna be huge". Plus I really liked his style!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a successful Black Friday.

Do you ever say my lamber is bigger than yours?

protos F4

Please don’t take this the wrong way, as it’s not meant to be offensive. No putter is inherently “better” or “worse” than another, it’s simply a matter of whether that putter allows you to consistently start the ball on your intended line with acceptable launch/spin.

With a Lamb Crafted putter (or any boutique maker), what you’re paying for is craftsmanship, finishing, and the putter makers time. Usually, the better said putter maker is and the more they can establish a brand, the higher the demand. The higher the demand, the more they can charge for their product.

I use a putter that’s now worth more (in terms of resale) than my car. I didn’t pay close to that, but that’s not the point. I wanted something specific, and I was incredibly fortunate to have Scotty make it for me.

I don’t collect things, but I appreciate craftsmanship. I assign value to that. Not everybody feels that way.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

Have a full season in with my Allendale.. gives me that loving feeling still..

I have others I roll in the basement.. but .y Allendale still feels like home when she's in my hands...

Beautiful putter. I saw some pics you posted but do you have any of it at address like what you'd see when lining up to drain a birdie?

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1415634-makerofputts-witb/page__p__14605326#entry14605326

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Some of the subtle jabs like he shouldn't say sorry not sorry could be looked at like an old man yelling get off my yard. ..

What a lot of people love about Tyson's stuff is.. we know who machines, programs it, buffs, and who paints them (Tana aka Momma Lamb)

I don't know who else does that.. For me, that's why I'm a huge fan.

Haha. I'm far from an old man. But I will make fun of someone for say "sorry, not sorry". My good friends can say it and I would make fun of them. And I will definitely make fun of someone saying in in the context of running their business.

And you should be a fan. He makes good stuff. And its important to know who makes his stuff. But does that mean that other Putter makers don't make their own putters? Are all of them outsourcing paintfill and buffing??

Not at all. But bob bettinardi and Scotty Cameron aren't physically machining their own putters and making each putter that come out of their shop. Scotty doesn't even make the collectors market sticks anymore. And bob is a machine shop owner. Bob is in the putter world because he used to mill all Scottys putters before the relationship fell apart.

To be fair, saying Bob Bettinardi is just a machine shop owner is a huge over simplification and is quite misleading. Bob did originally get into the business machining putters for Scotty and he did start his own brand after that relationship broke down however Bob's focus is entirely on his Golf club company. The part of the business that machines anything other than a golf club is run by another family member in another machine shop.

Bettinardi Golf is a pretty big operation and they design and machine/finish everything in house and that's something we should applaud them for. Bob might not be doing the paintfill himself (sounds like Tyson doesnt either...) but it's all done in house unlike Scotty, Odyssey, Toulon etc.

Sorry Ari,

But this information regarding the fact that ALL Bettinardi machining and finishing is done in-house is inaccurate and misleading. They outsource the bulk of their finish work to a SoCal vendor as well as some machining being done in the same part of the country.

I've been around this game long enough to have the facts going back before Mr Cameron's name was anywhere near household name. The SoCal operation does, and has done for quite some time, the finish work for a lot of the putter makers here in the USA.

The machining that is done is done by a very high quality company who also makes putters for guys like Piretti, EvnRoll, Whitlam and a few others.

I applaud Tyson for keeping as much work on his putters in-house as he can. Knowing that the majority of his work is with 303 SS no doubt makes a ton of this possible. It is when you start with carbon steel and having to have plating or black oxide work done, that you have to make a decision to tool-up with chemicals or invest in tanks. For even the largest of manufacturers, the smart move for those operations is to find the best companies who do that work and give them your work to handle. Keep doing what you do best and let others show their talents thru your work. It is a system that can prove incredibly valuable as you grow.

There is NO SHAME in having work done outside of your facility, if you have chosen a company who does some of the best work in the business. Just one Mann's opinion.

LaMont in AZ

Lamont - you sound very confident... interested in a wager? I would welcome the opportunity to bet a lot of money that Bettinardi mills all of their own putters in their manufacturing facility, 10 feet from Bob’s office. The reason I know this is having attended a Summer Social, been fit for a couple of putters, watching the Bettinardi videos on Youtube, it’s all Bob and Sam ever tout in their marketing. What would ever make you think otherwise? Bob has been milling putters for a LOT of OEM’s in the mid 90’s including Scotty Cameron, and then started his namesake company nearly 20 years ago. Im happy to schedule a tour with Bob and Sam, I’m about due for another putter & fitting anyway... how does your January look? my wallet could use a lift after the holidays!

Quality, and durability on the covers and markers are great.

Serious question - do you put any of them into play?

Great looking collection BTW!

Every cover pictured has been gamed.... Some more then others because of the rarity.... I gamed the Moe Mummy at a Lamb event and they have been selling for over $500 lol. But that white and black one is hard to game cause I am clumsy.

My gamer (the American cover) is thrown down in Dew and whatever is on the the ground.

It’s has aged beautifully.

I will buy the most inserting cover/markers but only to use them. That last what golf equipment is made for.

protos F4

This would wind up in a "He said, She said" situation and the entire truth would never be known. Sort of like the Cameron Mini or even the existence of a Newport 2 with honeycomb milling on the face. I was in the shop that had boxes labeled "Bettinardi" and they contained heads. It was NOT a finishing house, like has been discussed, but a shop already milling heads for several putter companies. There were also a good number of boxes labeled "TOUR ..........." putters for one of the makers who really had an amazing year, recently, but cooled off dramatically, when their star switched putters in the off-season. Bettinardi was milling putters before Cameron came to him and does some of the most amazing CNC work in the putter world, today. The machines that Bob has and the design/programmers are, in some cases, without equal.

I know fully well that Bob was milling putters for a lot of the little guys, back in the day, before he decided to put his name on a putter. I've had long discussions with at least one maker as to the quality and quantity of his work. No argument there. The statement made regarding Bettinardi only being in the putter business due to his work for Scotty is incorrect.

I know what I saw, and my money is on the fact that I never would have been privvy to seeing those boxes, had the owner of the shop been there when I arrived. I was given a tour by one of the operators of the machines and saw some very cool stuff. No use to argue, no use to wager. I know what I saw and I do not consider it a negative, in any way.

Next time you are in SoCal, drop me a note and I'll direct you to the shop I speak of. If you show up early, you might get the same tour that I got. Once the owner arrived, the shop door was off limits and I only got about five minutes of his time.

None of my comments were meant in a derogatory manner. Just the facts that I have witnessed and know to be true.

Enjoy the thread on Tyson and lets get this back on topic.

LaMont in AZ

My gamer (the American cover) is thrown down in Dew and whatever is on the the ground.

It’s has aged beautifully.

I will buy the most inserting cover/markers but only to use them. That last what golf equipment is made for.

i'm the same way with my covers, although i'm careful around dew; but use shoe polish on my no-stitch brompton-- aging well. with regards to the markers, the collectible ones i probably won't use that much, if at all; but the custom stuff i will definitely use.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

I put polish on it but it’s cover nothing more nothing less.

Just like the markers.

Putter is a little different but still needs to get used.

protos F4

my brass donut is aging nicely too -- nice dark patina on it.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

This would wind up in a "He said, She said" situation and the entire truth would never be known. Sort of like the Cameron Mini or even the existence of a Newport 2 with honeycomb milling on the face. I was in the shop that had boxes labeled "Bettinardi" and they contained heads. It was NOT a finishing house, like has been discussed, but a shop already milling heads for several putter companies. There were also a good number of boxes labeled "TOUR ..........." putters for one of the makers who really had an amazing year, recently, but cooled off dramatically, when their star switched putters in the off-season. Bettinardi was milling putters before Cameron came to him and does some of the most amazing CNC work in the putter world, today. The machines that Bob has and the design/programmers are, in some cases, without equal.

I know fully well that Bob was milling putters for a lot of the little guys, back in the day, before he decided to put his name on a putter. I've had long discussions with at least one maker as to the quality and quantity of his work. No argument there. The statement made regarding Bettinardi only being in the putter business due to his work for Scotty is incorrect.

I know what I saw, and my money is on the fact that I never would have been privvy to seeing those boxes, had the owner of the shop been there when I arrived. I was given a tour by one of the operators of the machines and saw some very cool stuff. No use to argue, no use to wager. I know what I saw and I do not consider it a negative, in any way.

Next time you are in SoCal, drop me a note and I'll direct you to the shop I speak of. If you show up early, you might get the same tour that I got. Once the owner arrived, the shop door was off limits and I only got about five minutes of his time.

None of my comments were meant in a derogatory manner. Just the facts that I have witnessed and know to be true.

Enjoy the thread on Tyson and lets get this back on topic.

LaMont in AZ

sometimes people just don't want to have their dreams shattered

$405 for a ball marker on ebay!??!?!??! No need to make putters. Just make markers all day.

Second market, so he is not getting a kickback for it.

However, whatever he throws up gets sold out. His covers and markers have a reached a level that is at the top of the market.

If you have never own or had a chance to see/hold one .. they are the best out there. The quality and design is phenomenal.

protos F4

$405 for a ball marker on ebay!??!?!??! No need to make putters. Just make markers all day.

Second market, so he is not getting a kickback for it.

However, whatever he throws up gets sold out. His covers and markers have a reached a level that is at the top of the market.

If you have never own or had a chance to see/hold one .. they are the best out there. The quality and design is phenomenal.

Thanks for reinforcing my point. He could survive on making ball markers alone.

I would expect nothing less than phenomenal coming out of his magical machine. And yes, I have seen one in person.