2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

What's the point of Costco selling these? They can't be making much of a profit right? They're selling them online so it's not bringing people to their store. Not complaining... just curious.

Loss Leader

Hi just received my 4 dozen from the Maryland warehouse.

To my eye there is one noticeable difference in the outer boxes versus my Nov purchases. On both the large double dozen box and the box holding the sleeves there is a Kirkland signature logo on the back. On the outer box it's above the barcode, on the inner box it's just in the lower right.

When viewed straight on the logo background of both boxes is clearly black, but when viewed from an angle the signature background of the new boxes has a blueish green background. The logo background of the old boxes is clearly matte black regardless of the angle.

I know in previous posts people mentioned differences in the logo background on the sleeves. Both my "old" and "new" sleeves appear black from straight on and blueish/green from an angle. So that difference might just be viewing angle?

Can anybody back me up on this?

It's a conspiracy. A c-o-n-spiracy.

What's the point of Costco selling these? They can't be making much of a profit right? They're selling them online so it's not bringing people to their store. Not complaining... just curious.

Loss Leader

Hi just received my 4 dozen from the Maryland warehouse.

To my eye there is one noticeable difference in the outer boxes versus my Nov purchases. On both the large double dozen box and the box holding the sleeves there is a Kirkland signature logo on the back. On the outer box it's above the barcode, on the inner box it's just in the lower right.

When viewed straight on the logo background of both boxes is clearly black, but when viewed from an angle the signature background of the new boxes has a blueish green background. The logo background of the old boxes is clearly matte black regardless of the angle.

I know in previous posts people mentioned differences in the logo background on the sleeves. Both my "old" and "new" sleeves appear black from straight on and blueish/green from an angle. So that difference might just be viewing angle?

Can anybody back me up on this?

My order came in a smaller box with less air cushioning inside than my order in December. Obviously a different ball.

Arriving today! Guess I'll hide them so my son (leech 1) and son in law (leech 2) won't find them,,,,,,thik I can fit 4 dozen under the lawn mower, they won't look there,,,,4 more in the dishwasher, they never put the dishes in there,,,,

I just got hacked!! Post was hacked, everything but the (leech 1) and (leech 2) was made by me,,, I have a clue who added said word,,, which not totally a lie,,,, never the less,,,,,I have changed My Password changed,,,,

No, its was not the Russians !!

was looking to see if they had some more in stock on the website, and i saw.... They have the TourX rangefinder for 270..... Thats a f***ing steal

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I've read that Costco makes all its money on membership dues, so this is the greatest thing that could happen for them. And the lawsuit with Titleist reinforces the Kirkland Signature brand as an inducement for membership.

My 2 dozen balls arrive today. Until then I'll make due with my Kirkland Signature olive oil, paper towels, plastic wrap, coffee. and toilet paper.

wonder when they will come out with a personalization program. :lock:

[b]9.5 Ping G20 Pink Bubba Edition[/color][/b]
[b]13.0 Tour Edge Exotic [/b][/font][b]E8[/b]
[b]16.5 Tour Edge [/b][/font][color=#333333]XCG-3 (Ain't nothing kicking this one out)[/color]
[[b]21Tour Edge CB PRO U HYBRID LE[/b]
[b]25 Tour Edge Exotic E9-Recoil F4 [/b][b]Shaft [/b]
[b]PXG 6-PW with Nippon 950's[/b]
[b]50 Ben Hogan TK[/b]
[b]54-Vokey SM5 M Grind Indigo-S400 Black Onyx Shaft[/b]
[b]58-Vokey SMS K [/b][/font][b]Grind Indigo-S400 Black Onyx Shaft[/b]
[b]64-Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind-[/b][b]S400 Black Onyx Shaft[/b]
[b]Scotty Cameron 1.5 Select Tour COA# A30182[/b][/font][/size]

I've read that Costco makes all its money on membership dues, so this is the greatest thing that could happen for them. And the lawsuit with Titleist reinforces the Kirkland Signature brand as an inducement for membership.

My 2 dozen balls arrive today. Until then I'll make due with my Kirkland Signature olive oil, paper towels, plastic wrap, coffee. and toilet paper.

As I read this, I'm having Kirkland Greek yogurt, Kirkland grapefruit cup, Kirkland mixed nuts and Kirkland columbian coffee for breakfast...each of these are very good, and not just for the money..the coffee may be debated of course (I ruin mine with cream/super so not the best judge)

By the time next April rolls around, they will probably have a "buy 3 double dozen and get 1 double dozen free" sale. :blind:

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

By the time next April rolls around, they will probably have a "buy 3 double dozen and get 1 double dozen free" sale. :blind:

That would probably set a new record by selling out in negative-three hours after they are announced.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

So getting dressed to play today and noticed my favorite pair of golf shorts........ are Kirklands.

Kirkland driver with upgraded Kirkland shaft coming 2018

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

So I got my confirmation of shipping on April 26th for 4 dz. Just checked the tracking and it is sitting at a category of order processed, ready for UPS. I figured it would be updated with a location by now. To me it seems as if it has yet to be shipped. Anyone else seeing this?

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9* Tensie Pro White 70TX
3wood: Titleist TSi2 15* Fuji Tour Spec Black 7X
Hybrid: Sonartec 19* Proforce V2 86X
Irons: Srixon ZX7 4-PW Project X 6.5
Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 50*- 54*- 58* DG Tour Issue S400
Putter: Odyssey 2ball Long 47"

So I got my confirmation of shipping on April 26th for 4 dz. Just checked the tracking and it is sitting at a category of order processed, ready for UPS. I figured it would be updated with a location by now. To me it seems as if it has yet to be shipped. Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah my second order was showing up like that for awhile. If you got the shipping confirmation you should be good.

KSig driver with stock HZRDUS black for $199 is coming in may. Just some overrun, re-branded 2016 M2s I think.

I thought it was the v2 orange shaft? Also, it's a 2-pack combo for $199. Comes with a pre-filled ebay template for quick re-sell.

I know this is all in jest..but real question:

Would you play Kirkland golf equip?

I know this is a contridiction, but I would not. Golf balls are disposable items, and since I don't take pride in my garbage, well..

Clubs on the other hand - unless we are playing miura, PXG etc..our usual brands deserve no snobbery. There is no prestige in playing a Callaway driver or an Odyssey putter for example, but that level is in the bag at minimum. I will not play knock offs or low end stuff and am not in love with the idea of Kirkland clubs..my guess as that they would flop..most people would just buy 1 or 2 generation older name brand stuff for the same bucks.

Thoughts on this?

KSig driver with stock HZRDUS black for $199 is coming in may. Just some overrun, re-branded 2016 M2s I think.

I thought it was the v2 orange shaft? Also, it's a 2-pack combo for $199. Comes with a pre-filled ebay template for quick re-sell.

I know this is a contridiction, but I would not. Golf balls are disposable items, and since I don't take pride in my garbage, well..

Clubs on the other hand - unless we are playing miura, PXG etc..our usual brands deserve no snobbery. There is no prestige in playing a Callaway driver or an Odyssey putter for example, but that level is in the bag at minimum. I will not play knock offs or low end stuff and am not in love with the idea of Kirkland clubs..my guess as that they would flop..most people would just buy 1 or 2 generation older name brand stuff for the same bucks.

Thoughts on this?

I'd play it if it didn't suck. Plain and simple just like the ball

Thoughts on this?

Good answer, your a better man than me. Now would you carry that equipment in a Kirkland golf bag with the giant Kirkland Signature logo running down the side of it?

I love my Kirkland stuff, discretely...lol

Looks like supply on ebay is starting to outstrip demand. Prices are dropping below $30 a dozen still a sizable markup but not the crazy numbers from a few months back.

I think that either the fans are stocking up directly from Costco or people are starting to realize that there are plenty of other options out there for $20-30 a dozen.

In a couple more shipments we may see things normalize somewhat.

Thoughts on this?

Good answer, your a better man than me. Now would you carry that equipment in a Kirkland golf bag with the giant Kirkland Signature logo running down the side of it?

I love my Kirkland stuff, discretely...lol

Again if the bag didn't suck I'd game it

Looks like supply on ebay is starting to outstrip demand. Prices are dropping below $30 a dozen still a sizable markup but not the crazy numbers from a few months back.

I think that either the fans are stocking up directly from Costco or people are starting to realize that there are plenty of other options out there for $20-30 a dozen.

In a couple more shipments we may see things normalize somewhat.

Plus any social-media flash mob will dissipate eventually. The half-life of this kind of frenzy is a month or two usually.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Thoughts on this?

It was said above but yeah... In general if the club showed good numbers I'd play them. Hell I have Srixon z745's right now and people think those are some sort of discount garbage (not all obviously). Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

When will Costco come out with Kirkland branded Hats, visors, golf gloves, hoodies and golf bags? I am going all in if they do come out with all that (and KSig tees!)

Picking up my order tomorrow or next weekend across the border! Can't wait to use the balls. I found a KSig ball in the woods a few weeks ago golfing in Florida and loved the feel and spin!

When will Costco come out with Kirkland branded Hats, visors, golf gloves, hoodies and golf bags? I am going all in if they do come out with all that (and KSig tees!)

Picking up my order tomorrow or next weekend across the border! Can't wait to use the balls. I found a KSig ball in the woods a few weeks ago golfing in Florida and loved the feel and spin!

KSig tees- need that now. Perfect item for them to handle. 1000 for 10 bucks please (bad back, don't like bending over to retrieve mine once used)

Hey guys, new member here. So i boarded the hype train even though I knew I shouldnt be playing this type of ball. Received my 4 dozen on Wednesday. long story short, I dont like them and will be sticking to my e6's.

That being said, if anyone is in Northern NJ area and would like 3 dozen balls I'm looking to sell them at my cost.

Not sure about post requirements on this forum but I figured I would try. Been browsing this place for a long time just never signed up.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Not looking to price gouge just help someone who missed the sale out. Not really interested in shipping unless you cover the cost. I do get discounted UPS rates through my job so that might be an option. I can provide a quote if neccesary.

p.s. long shot but I would also trade for e6's as well

can't post FS ads here. needs to be in the classifieds.

got it. I will post it there.

..and you need 75 post to do so.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Dont they already have Kirkland golf gloves?