Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Main reason I don't snowboard as much any more. Just not worth it to me. My wife and I used to ride 25-35 days a year when we first got there in '06. I think I've snowboarded 3 day in the last 4 years. Now, if they ever fix the traffic I'll be back.

My family has owned a condo in Summit County since 1978, so that's been a huge help. Sadly, they decided to rent it out long-term this year (and next season), but I still find it worth it to find a cheap place on AirBNB or VRBO and spend the weekend up there.

Traffic coming down wasn't as bad as it could've been. We left around 3:20pm, and we were at Olive Garden in Highlands Ranch by 5:20pm.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golf is such a peculiar sport.

Went out to Buffalo Run Saturday, and played Broken Tee today. Both for the first time.

jcZgt8ol.jpg

So Saturday out at Buffalo Run, I was hitting the ball far. Further than I normally do. Average (typical) drive was 272 yards, with a long drive of the day at 302 yards. Except I only hit 21% of the fairways (only 4 all day).

Then out today at Broken Tee, I was able to hit 50% of the fairways with my driver, but my average distance was only 240. Longest drive of the day was 258. That seems very very strange, that in a period of 24 hours I'd lose 30 yards off the tee. Maybe I was tired from walking 18 holes the previous day? Who knows, but that seems so ridiculously crazy.

Overall, today was just a very off day. I shanked so many shots off the hosel. I haven't had that happen a single time in the past 4-5 years...then all of a sudden it happened at least 4 times today. Anywhere from a 30 yard pitch shot, to 140 yard full swing. Such a confusing day on the course. Easily one of the worst rounds I've had in a long time.

Yet, even with 3 doubles and a triple...I still broke 90. That's crazy to me. Back in high school, breaking 90 was something to be proud of. Now I play my absolute worst and still don't hit 90. Funny how much expectations and perception change over the years.

I hope everyone got out this weekend! Saturday was just brutal wind. That was a big time scratch it out kind of day.

Yesterday was gorgeous. There's nothing better in February than getting to play without a coat, beanie, and winter mittens! Those that did play, play well?

I played with a couple friends and we played best 12 holes for a beer. Unfortunately I beat them both in 18 hole stroke play but only made one birdie so I bought all the beer... Whah Whah :slow_en:

Golf is such a peculiar sport.

Went out to Buffalo Run Saturday, and played Broken Tee today. Both for the first time.

jcZgt8ol.jpg

So Saturday out at Buffalo Run, I was hitting the ball far. Further than I normally do. Average (typical) drive was 272 yards, with a long drive of the day at 302 yards. Except I only hit 21% of the fairways (only 4 all day).

Then out today at Broken Tee, I was able to hit 50% of the fairways with my driver, but my average distance was only 240. Longest drive of the day was 258. That seems very very strange, that in a period of 24 hours I'd lose 30 yards off the tee. Maybe I was tired from walking 18 holes the previous day? Who knows, but that seems so ridiculously crazy.

Overall, today was just a very off day. I shanked so many shots off the hosel. I haven't had that happen a single time in the past 4-5 years...then all of a sudden it happened at least 4 times today. Anywhere from a 30 yard pitch shot, to 140 yard full swing. Such a confusing day on the course. Easily one of the worst rounds I've had in a long time.

Yet, even with 3 doubles and a triple...I still broke 90. That's crazy to me. Back in high school, breaking 90 was something to be proud of. Now I play my absolute worst and still don't hit 90. Funny how much expectations and perception change over the years.

Which app is that? Would you recommend it?

No course play for me, but I did manage to get to the range yesterday morning. It was simply gorgeous out. I wish I had more time to even just get 9 in. Oh well. Fortunately, I feel my swing is in halfway decent shape right now despite taking 3-4 months off. This season could be promising, fingers crossed.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

It's the mobile app for Game Golf. Pretty similar to the desktop view as well. I have the first edition, so it's only to read and view stats post round. Everything has to be tagged on the course, then reviewed/posted from a computer when you get home.

Gotcha. After the review of the Microsoft Band 2 and MyRoundPro in combo I went with that last year. It's pretty good but definitely needs some more development. I don't think Taylormade is spending much money on keeping it going.

Saturday was brutal wind wise for the first 6 holes or so at Commonground, then it improved a lot, so that was nice. Didn't make it out Sunday, but wish I did. Hoping to play this upcoming weekend but the weather looks suspect. Friday looks absolutely amazing but unfortunately I work then...

I wish it was that way with the wind up north. It was just flat mean all day. Blowing at least 20 and gusting mid-40's.

Yeah I hear you about Friday. I'm trying to come up with some off-hours work I need to do in order to get Friday afternoon freed up :).

We got a couple of holes in early then the wind really picked up. I hit 3wood on to the par 3 16th - normally hit 4h.

Going to try to get out on Friday since the weekend forecast doesn't look that great.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I am jealous of you guys that played and will play over the next few weeks. I am getting some ingrown toenails fixed this Friday and will be nursing that back to health over the next couple of weeks. My tennis/golf elbow is back to constant pain. Cortisone shot wore off and I am waiting until mid march to get the next one, so my left arm is currently basically useless and that sucks, can't even sneak out to the range right now. Oh, and on the 2-25 I am getting my lower wisdom teeth finally removed, so that will also be fun. Pretty much just whining that even with all the nice weather here right now, I have no chance of playing golf until late March.

Oh, and if anyone has some ideas or prior experience to fixing bad tendonitis, like workouts or some sort of strength training to get that elbow stronger, please let me know. The doctor suggested some physical therapy which I plan on trying, but in the long run the outlooks seems pretty grim. No real solution, maybe surgery that only brings the pain down 50% over time, so I don't know if that is worth it. Or therapy which is not a guaranteed fix either. Anyone have any magic remedies for me?

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

I was pretty desperate last year and tried acupuncture (never really put much stock into eastern medicine), along with ibuprofen and ice every night. I also used voodoo floss and a red theraband flex bar. And of course rest from pulling exercises or swinging a golf club. It sucked because I'm not a very patient person, but I haven't had any issues lately. I want to say I did roughly a session of acupuncture a week for 5 or 6 weeks. Something to consider at least!

I also recall someone mentioning here that diet sodas can create flare ups, but I don't believe there is any medical evidence to support that. Not something I had to worry about anyway as I don't drink diet sodas.

Edit: I would also exhaust all options before going down the surgery road. A former colleague did the surgery, and his recovery was painful and I'm not sure it fully fixed it (I could be remembering incorrectly on that part though).

Edel E-1

I was pretty desperate last year and tried acupuncture (never really put much stock into eastern medicine), along with ibuprofen and ice every night. I also used voodoo floss and a red theraband flex bar. And of course rest from pulling exercises or swinging a golf club. It sucked because I'm not a very patient person, but I haven't had any issues lately. I want to say I did roughly a session of acupuncture a week for 5 or 6 weeks. Something to consider at least!

I also recall someone mentioning here that diet sodas can create flare ups, but I don't believe there is any medical evidence to support that. Not something I had to worry about anyway as I don't drink diet sodas.

Edit: I would also exhaust all options before going down the surgery road. A former colleague did the surgery, and his recovery was painful and I'm not sure it fully fixed it (I could be remembering incorrectly on that part though).

Thanks. Yea, surgery is not happening any time soon or ever if I can help it. It is a painful surgery and recovery and the best they can hope for is 40-50% pain reduction, which would still be pretty painful for me. I get acupuncture through my Kaiser health care, so I am going to give that a try since it will be really inexpensive for me...I mean, why not? Worth a shot.

So, what is voodoo floss and theraband flex bar? And what do you do with those? I will try anything at this point. Oh and no diet or really any soda for that matter, but thanks for the heads up!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Suffer from tennis elbow in my right elbow. Started using the Red Theraband that Thaar mentioned and it's definitely gotten better. Played this weekend with a little pain / discomfort in my left elbow. Figured it was tennis elbow. Went to the Dr yesterday and it's gout! What?!?

And as thaar said, I would exhaust all options before opting for surgery. Heck, I'm exhausting all before getting a cortisone shot.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Suffer from tennis elbow in my right elbow. Started using the Red Theraband that Thaar mentioned and it's definitely gotten better. Played this weekend with a little pain / discomfort in my left elbow. Figured it was tennis elbow. Went to the Dr yesterday and it's gout! What?!?

And as thaar said, I would exhaust all options before opting for surgery. Heck, I'm exhausting all before getting a cortisone shot.

The cortisone shot is a miracle...but you have a limit on those, and the limit is low. I got one last season bc I just didn't have time to work, care for a newborn, take care of chores around the house, AND do some therapy or something to fix my elbow. And I wanted to play golf so I just went for it. Sucks when they wear off and sucks you can only get 8-9 to a certain area lifetime, so I have 8 or so left, and I am going to use them sparingly, but this golf season seems to be headed that way. Will probably get a shot late March to get me through this season, if none of the other ideas are working. Then physical therapy and whatever else I can do come Fall, to avoid getting another shot for as long as I can.

I am interested in the gout prognosis as well. I have had that a couple times in my big toe and am wondering how it felt in your elbow? The doctor seems to be pretty positive it's tennis elbow but I wonder if there could be something else. We never did x-rays or anything besides me describing the pain. How did the doc discover gout and what did you have to do about it?

Also, still want to know about these Red Therabands. I will google it now, but any info is appreciated.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

oh and just to compare...does your guys' tennis elbow basically render that arm nearly useless? My left elbow is so weak that I can barely lift anything, twist off medicine caps, move it quickly for any reason...is that what you guys are experiencing too? I think mine is pretty bad, it even wakes me up at night if I sleep with it in a weird position. Thanks!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

The cortisone shot is a miracle...but you have a limit on those, and the limit is low. I got one last season bc I just didn't have time to work, care for a newborn, take care of chores around the house, AND do some therapy or something to fix my elbow. And I wanted to play golf so I just went for it. Sucks when they wear off and sucks you can only get 8-9 to a certain area lifetime, so I have 8 or so left, and I am going to use them sparingly, but this golf season seems to be headed that way. Will probably get a shot late March to get me through this season, if none of the other ideas are working. Then physical therapy and whatever else I can do come Fall, to avoid getting another shot for as long as I can.

I am interested in the gout prognosis as well. I have had that a couple times in my big toe and am wondering how it felt in your elbow? The doctor seems to be pretty positive it's tennis elbow but I wonder if there could be something else. We never did x-rays or anything besides me describing the pain. How did the doc discover gout and what did you have to do about it?

Also, still want to know about these Red Therabands. I will google it now, but any info is appreciated.

Well a couple of things

- basically the area where the swelling and pain are not where tennis/golf elbow exist

- the pain / area of discomfort is above the elbow

- can't straighten the left are at all (could do that with my right arm when the tennis elbow was bad)

- blood tests revealed that my uric acid levels were high

on some meds now and pain is considerably less. still can't straighten the arm all the way but was better than yesterday.

Some flexbar exercises for tennis elbow.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Here's the flex bar - https://www.amazon.com/Flexbar-Size-Color-Light-Red/dp/B01KPPR6E2

I actually have an extra one lying around somewhere that you can have, if you'd like. I live down south in Centennial, but work downtown at 17th and Broadway.

And here is voodoo floss (a knock off version at least - it's the same one I bought) - https://www.amazon.com/WODFitters-Compression-Flossing-Mobility-Recovery/dp/B00PCSAJY2/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1486491790&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=voodoo+floss

There are a bunch of youtube vids for both on how to use them for rehab.

Edel E-1

oh and just to compare...does your guys' tennis elbow basically render that arm nearly useless? My left elbow is so weak that I can barely lift anything, twist off medicine caps, move it quickly for any reason...is that what you guys are experiencing too? I think mine is pretty bad, it even wakes me up at night if I sleep with it in a weird position. Thanks!

When I had it bad, I couldn't grab the milk out of the fridge unless I kept it close to my body and not extend my arm. It's pretty terrible. It doesn't sound like I had it as bad as you, but I can sympathize...

Edel E-1

Here's the flex bar - https://www.amazon.c...d/dp/B01KPPR6E2

I actually have an extra one lying around somewhere that you can have, if you'd like. I live down south in Centennial, but work downtown at 17th and Broadway.

And here is voodoo floss (a knock off version at least - it's the same one I bought) - https://www.amazon.c...ds=voodoo floss

There are a bunch of youtube vids for both on how to use them for rehab.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! I actually went and ordered on from Amazon already! PRIME is addictive, just click and buy. But thank you for the offer, I live in Centennial as well, once I am golf ready we might need to get out and play a bit! I have some work to do for the next couple of months though so I will check back in once I am on the mend (hopefully). Going to get some acupuncture scheduled, then start working the flex bar. I looked at a youtube for the voodoo band and that looks pretty intense actually. The crossfit guy doing the demo wrapped his lower arm up to the elbow up pretty tight and then did a bunch of hand movements and such. That could be painful I imagine!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Prime is certainly addicting! Whatever you do, don't export your amazon purchases to see how much you spent the previous year. It can be painful!

Flossing not the most comfortable thing, but it definitely helps! I need to do it more for other parts of my body when I lift, but I'm too lazy. I'm sure it will catch up to me one of these days lol.

And I'd definitely be up for catching a round later this year!

Edel E-1

And I'd definitely be up for catching a round later this year!

ditto

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

I actually do pain medicine. Without being able to examine any of you, I'd say the absolute best thing to do in terms of conservative management is literally do not put the arm in flexion as much as possible, and don't perform anything like a bicep curl, especially while grabbing any objects. Sorry if that sounds confusing but hopefully it makes sense. Also, OTC NSAIDs like ibuprofen. For at least 2 weeks to start. Stinks, I know :(

I actually do pain medicine. Without being able to examine any of you, I'd say the absolute best thing to do in terms of conservative management is literally do not put the arm in flexion as much as possible, and don't perform anything like a bicep curl, especially while grabbing any objects. Sorry if that sounds confusing but hopefully it makes sense. Also, OTC NSAIDs like ibuprofen. For at least 2 weeks to start. Stinks, I know :(

Stinks bad! I am starting ibuprofen at 800 mgs x 3 per day and icing my elbow nightly, beginning tonight. Do you have a suggestion for a brace to wear to keep it from flexing too much? My doc suggested I get one but didn't specify exactly what type to get...I have the band for when I do play golf, but that wont do much in my current state, without any cortisone. Need a brace to immobilize it for the next couple weeks but still be able to type at work and drive, etc...

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Stinks bad! I am starting ibuprofen at 800 mgs x 3 per day and icing my elbow nightly, beginning tonight. Do you have a suggestion for a brace to wear to keep it from flexing too much? My doc suggested I get one but didn't specify exactly what type to get...I have the band for when I do play golf, but that wont do much in my current state, without any cortisone. Need a brace to immobilize it for the next couple weeks but still be able to type at work and drive, etc...

Braces may be a bit overboard for this - that will start making the muscles around the elbow weak - I'd suggest starting with ACE wrap and keeping it on basically 24/7 to start. Tight, but not tight enough that mobility is compromised - should still be able to bend it 30 degrees or so without straining.

Braces may be a bit overboard for this - that will start making the muscles around the elbow weak - I'd suggest starting with ACE wrap and keeping it on basically 24/7 to start. Tight, but not tight enough that mobility is compromised - should still be able to bend it 30 degrees or so without straining.

Awesome, thanks!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Went into Golfsmith this afternoon to see what the fuss was all about with the Epic SZ (and also wanted to see the F7+ compared to my Fly-Z+). I can unequivocally say that I did not get one with the SZ at all (strike was a big part, but I just didn't really hit it well in any setting). I can also unequivocally say that the GC2 numbers in the bay I was in were absolutely jacked up. I don't hit the ball very far, but I had, according to the software, a few 340 drives with my Fly-Z and a dropkick with the SZ that went nearly as far. Totally fine to know that the numbers are jacked up as long as you realize that's not the real world (and just use your club as a baseline), but some of you guys have seen me and know this body isn't hanging drives out there quite that far. It was insane.

All that said, the most surprising thing I found all afternoon was the King Utility iron. That thing is the real deal, if you happen to be in the market for a driving iron/anti-hybrid of some sort. Oh, and the F7+ is really good. Not any longer than my current driver, but I like the look a bit more, so I might have to find one at the end of the season.

Here's hoping Thursday goes well! Over a month of no golf should be interesting.

Awesome, thanks!

I've also used this sleeve while lifting and it has helped - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSISI92/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not something you can wear constantly as it's super tight, but it helps when working out. Pretty much the same premise as flossing.

I also have a less extreme one for golfing or playing softball if my tendinitis flares up.

Edel E-1

Awesome, thanks!

I've also used this sleeve while lifting and it has helped - https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not something you can wear constantly as it's super tight, but it helps when working out. Pretty much the same premise as flossing.

I also have a less extreme one for golfing or playing softball if my tendinitis flares up.

which one are you using to play golf? I have the kind you find at walgreens or wherever that you pull tight and Velcro it. Seems to work pretty well for golfing, but I will give anything a try right now as I try to find what works best.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4