Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Just throwing this out there. I was lucky enough to get some of the Kirkland signature balls (8 doz). I was thinking about sharing the "wealth" and wondered if anyone here would be interested in buy a dozen or 2. Thinking $25/doz $45/2 doz. Let me know if you're interested.

Mods : Please let me know if need to create a official ad. I just wanted to share with the guys in the Colorado sub-forum.

Isn't there speculation that Costco will have these available at some point again?

There is a ton of differing opinions on but I don't think there is anything concrete as of yet. The KSig thread has a bunch of thoughts but quite honestly it's gotten a bit out of control as of late.

http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__6660

I'll take a dozen off your hands.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if Murphy is open? Can't book times on their site.

They decided to cover their greens and close until march. Did the same last winter. Not sure if it's an every winter thing or if the last 2 have been the exception.

Totally forgot they covered last year too. I remember playing with some snow on the ground right after reopening, but I couldn't place the month. How was Commonground the other day? Still holding out hope I can play Tuesday.

They decided to cover their greens and close until march. Did the same last winter. Not sure if it's an every winter thing or if the last 2 have been the exception.

Totally forgot they covered last year too. I remember playing with some snow on the ground right after reopening, but I couldn't place the month. How was Commonground the other day? Still holding out hope I can play Tuesday.

No snow. Not even wet. Hit my approach into #1 about 20 feet short hoping for a bounce and it just stuck. Like summer as far as the greens are holding lol.

No snow. Not even wet. Hit my approach into #1 about 20 feet short hoping for a bounce and it just stuck. Like summer as far as the greens are holding lol.

They were really soft at Buffalo Run too. I wasn't expecting to have to fix ball marks.

av1084 and thaar

I'm looking forward to you both posting your experience at Club Champion. I've been looking for a SAM putting lab fitting place to get a putter fitting and CC is the most affordable. I'll be curious what putters they have available for test. Their webpage seems to indicate that the don't have Taylormade putters and the new Spiders fit my eye (but not wallet) quite nicely. :)

Last year I got a Driver, Woods, Irons fitting done at D'Lance and overall was satisfied...Loved the club fitting and working with PJ, but what I didn't like was the 2+ month wait to get my clubs after paying for them upfront. I understand they had some supply chain issues, but the lack of communication about the whole delay and when I could pick up my clubs left a sour taste and one I complained about when I eventually did pick up my clubs.

Don't get me wrong, love the clubs I got, but getting them right at the end of the summer really put a damper on my ability to get out and play them. When I did get out and play them, I've shot my best rounds with them, so I guess the results were worth the wait.

If I recall correctly, Meridian GC has a SAM fitting lab, and it was only $50 or $60 for a session. Not sure what they carry in terms of putters though.

As for D'Lance - did they use a trackman, and do they project it on a screen, or is it still on a computer behind the hitting bay? That was one of my gripes, and I also thought they were expensive overall. Not to say CC isn't expensive, but it doesn't sound like they pressure you on buying clubs, where I feel D'Lance somewhat does that.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

av1084 and thaar

I'm looking forward to you both posting your experience at Club Champion. I've been looking for a SAM putting lab fitting place to get a putter fitting and CC is the most affordable. I'll be curious what putters they have available for test. Their webpage seems to indicate that the don't have Taylormade putters and the new Spiders fit my eye (but not wallet) quite nicely. :)

Last year I got a Driver, Woods, Irons fitting done at D'Lance and overall was satisfied...Loved the club fitting and working with PJ, but what I didn't like was the 2+ month wait to get my clubs after paying for them upfront. I understand they had some supply chain issues, but the lack of communication about the whole delay and when I could pick up my clubs left a sour taste and one I complained about when I eventually did pick up my clubs.

Don't get me wrong, love the clubs I got, but getting them right at the end of the summer really put a damper on my ability to get out and play them. When I did get out and play them, I've shot my best rounds with them, so I guess the results were worth the wait.

If I recall correctly, Meridian GC has a SAM fitting lab, and it was only $50 or $60 for a session. Not sure what they carry in terms of putters though.

As for D'Lance - did they use a trackman, and do they project it on a screen, or is it still on a computer behind the hitting bay? That was one of my gripes, and I also thought they were expensive overall. Not to say CC isn't expensive, but it doesn't sound like they pressure you on buying clubs, where I feel D'Lance somewhat does that.

Right on Point thaar! I got a SAM done at Meridian last year. I thought they did a great job and I'll be back.

av1084 and thaar

Right on Point thaar! I got a SAM done at Meridian last year. I thought they did a great job and I'll be back.

Thanks for the pointer to Meridian I'll give them a call (not finding the SAM info on their web page yet).

As for D'lance. Yes they had trackman but it was on the computer behind the hitting bay so I had to walk back to see the projected ball flight. As for price, yes I would agree I thought D'Lance was a little pricey...Especially buying the driver & woods &hybrids from them. You pay the same price as retail, but they come 'component' only (ie: Just the head) so you don't get the stock shaft to try and resale to recoup some of the cost. And just to be clear, you need to buy heads, shafts and grips...Even my irons that came complete I had to purchase grips for since the shafts were being replaced...though I later learned I could have gotten the same shaft direct from the club manufacturer without an up-charge in the length I needed. Some of the increase in price I contribute to supporting local business that provide this type of service and I'm willing to pay it once to see the quality of goods and service I receive.

I think one of the shafts had ~30% upcharge on it versus what I saw it going on Amazon for.

As for the fitting cost, I got it as a Father's day gift from my wife and it was $200 for a Complete Lifetime fitting. So I'll definitely use them again for fitting but probably buy the clubs from a local place or order from the manufacturer...The only thing I would be missing is the shaft "puring." Which I've heard is debatable on its benefits.

The putting fitting is through Trent wearner's school. Sorry, I should have been more clear. The fitting though would be with Jerry Walter's for $50. I've never met Jerry, but if he's anything like Trent, he's awesome. Here is the link to the website.

http://trentwearner.uschedule.com/Level2/ClubFitting.aspx

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Commonground was in surprisingly good shape. Greens were receptive. Now, the ground was frozen an inch under the surface...so getting tees in the ground was a problem. But hey, I'll take it in the dead of winter! Planning on going back Saturday.

Joel, is CO National open right now?

Yes sir, I was out putting on Monday and Tuesday. The ground is melted deep enough that the Supe cut new holes in the putting green on Tuesday morning. I'll be playing there this weekend and Accuweather has high temps between 50-65 every day from Saturday on out. Looks like we might get some serious February playing time this year!

The putting fitting is through Trent wearner's school. Sorry, I should have been more clear. The fitting though would be with Jerry Walter's for $50. I've never met Jerry, but if he's anything like Trent, he's awesome. Here is the link to the website.

http://trentwearner....lubFitting.aspx

I did mine with Philip and he was good also.

Somehow, the greens were a little fuzzy (as can be expected) but were running pretty quick still. I would put them around 9.5-10 on the stimp and really rolled true.

I'm PUMPED to get some time this weekend, it can't come soon enough.

Just booked a pretty cheap round at Todd Creek Thursday AM. Looked like it was going to be breezy early in the week and I haven't hit a ball since Dec. 28th, so I tried to make it as easy on myself as I could.

Somehow, the greens were a little fuzzy (as can be expected) but were running pretty quick still. I would put them around 9.5-10 on the stimp and really rolled true.

I'm PUMPED to get some time this weekend, it can't come soon enough.

Just booked a pretty cheap round at Todd Creek Thursday AM. Looked like it was going to be breezy early in the week and I haven't hit a ball since Dec. 28th, so I tried to make it as easy on myself as I could.

Good deal man. I wish I didn't work a M-F job and could join ya.

Got a 9:17am round at Deer Creek Saturday morning. (4-some)

Trying to maybe go out to CO National or Buffalo Run Sunday. If anyone wants to meet up, that'd be cool!

I've never played any of them. Love the discounted rates in winter to explore new courses.

I have a 9AM tomorrow and a 10:30 Sunday. Unfortunately I think my Sunday is full. I will let you know if not.

Got a 9:17am round at Deer Creek Saturday morning. (4-some)

Trying to maybe go out to CO National or Buffalo Run Sunday. If anyone wants to meet up, that'd be cool!

I've never played any of them. Love the discounted rates in winter to explore new courses.

My take on Buffalo run.... good course design but they have some issues with conditions every single year. I think it's just built on clay-heavy soil and even in prime growing season you will see a lot of dead spots. They need to spend some money on a Superintendent that really knows what he's doing and it could be a really great track. Colorado National has the same issue and had the same problems until we got a new Super a couple summers ago.

Hopefully playing tomorrow morning and then watching the SB on sunday. By the way, who's everyone rooting for. I'm a Cowboys fan but will likely pull for the Pats.

Agree about Buffalo run but this was the first time playing it. I thought the par 3 were designed pretty well.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

No, there is not a lot of love for the Pats especially here. I think that's why I'm pulling for them because everyone is against them. It's not that people want the Falcons to win but rather the Pats to lose.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Hopefully playing tomorrow morning and then watching the SB on sunday. By the way, who's everyone rooting for. I'm a Cowboys fan but will likely pull for the Pats.

Agree about Buffalo run but this was the first time playing it. I thought the par 3 were designed pretty well.

That first par three is a b**** from the back tees!

Speaking of Meridian-

I'm scheduled to play there and tour and possibly join. Any members in this thread? Or general comments about membership there

Many years ago I was a range member there. Probably the best practice facility in south Denver. The course is really nice; typical Nicklaus design. The front 9 is very walkable; the back 9, not so much.

My former work overlooked the back 9. On weekdays, based on my view, you can basically walk on and play anytime (I believe there is a women's league on Tuesday mornings).

I personally think it's way overpriced--especially considering you are just getting a golf course with a small and pretty dated clubhouse. Club Corp is cheaper, and they have a lot more to offer for the whole family.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Have fun this weekend! Remember, it's only February.

I'm heading up to Summit County for the weekend after work. Need to get some solid ski days in before I start traveling for work in a few weeks. Hopefully Sunday evening traffic won't be bad, but I have heard a lot of Broncos fans saying they are going skiing on Sunday rather than watch the Super Bowl. If I can get home in 2 hours, I'll consider it a win.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Yes it is. Easily the prettiest hole on the golf course too.

I'm heading up to Summit County for the weekend after work. Need to get some solid ski days in before I start traveling for work in a few weeks. Hopefully Sunday evening traffic won't be bad, but I have heard a lot of Broncos fans saying they are going skiing on Sunday rather than watch the Super Bowl. If I can get home in 2 hours, I'll consider it a win.

I came from Dillon last weekend and the traffic on sunday was BRUTAL. Easily the worst I've ever seen. It was still three hours home leaving frisco at 8PM.

We played one up and it was still a beast. The wind really picked up when we got to #3.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Yes it is. Easily the prettiest hole on the golf course too.

I came from Dillon last weekend and the traffic on sunday was BRUTAL. Easily the worst I've ever seen. It was still three hours home leaving frisco at 8PM.

Main reason I don't snowboard as much any more. Just not worth it to me. My wife and I used to ride 25-35 days a year when we first got there in '06. I think I've snowboarded 3 day in the last 4 years. Now, if they ever fix the traffic I'll be back.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

We played one up and it was still a beast. The wind really picked up when we got to #3.

I played it one up too, figured this early in the season don't need to be on the blacks, like for you it was in to the wind. Just a tough shot. I'm starting to think maybe don't even try to hit it on, just try to put in front of the green ten yards or so. Take a chance getting up and down