Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Looking at getting out to The Broadlands this weekend. Seeing rates of $48 with a cart both Saturday & Sunday afternoon past 2pm.

If anyone wants to join, let me know!

Skip it! Get in our Sunday 1:30 time!

Still got open spots?

Yep. Still two spots available in their system. You don't have to pay to book, so if you want to snag one of the two 1:30 slots left, please join! And shoot me a PM if you do.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at getting out to The Broadlands this weekend. Seeing rates of $48 with a cart both Saturday & Sunday afternoon past 2pm.

Still got open spots?

Yep. Still two spots available in their system. You don't have to pay to book, so if you want to snag one of the two 1:30 slots left, please join! And shoot me a PM if you do.

PM sent

I am a big fan of Murphy, but I simply can't justify it. I have a tournament at Broadlands next Saturday, and I've never played the course before. Only playing golf this weekend to allow myself a practice round to see the course. Scorecard lists most Par 4's in the 350-375 range...so I feel like being strategic and not taking driver is a good thing out there. Definitely don't want to go into a competitive round blind.

Definitely a lot of holes you don't want to mess with driver on at Broadlands. I like the course but they shove too many people on it with the 8 minute tee times and you end up waiting on almost every hole. Most weekend rounds I've had out there have been 5:15 or more unless you go in the first hour or so in the morning.

If playing from the tips at Broadlands, I can't afford NOT to hit driver. There are a lot of holes where I have to hit a hybrid-long iron into greens.

Edit...it doesn't look that long on the card....wonder if I am thinking of somewhere else or I was just driving poorly the last time I played there. It's been several years

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

If playing from the tips at Broadlands, I can't afford NOT to hit driver. There are a lot of holes where I have to hit a hybrid-long iron into greens.

Edit...it doesn't look that long on the card....wonder if I am thinking of somewhere else or I was just driving poorly the last time I played there. It's been several years

I'm pretty sure he's not playing the tips since he said most par 4s are 350-375 which is not the case from Broadlands tips.

I'm playing Pole Creek tomorrow. Anything I should know about that course? We are playing all 27 holes

Didn't even know it existed. Now on the "must-play because of the views" list.

Looking at their site reminds me how badly I just want to make a business prettying up/adding functionality to all the courses in the area's sites. SO MANY of them are abysmal to look at and use.

Stayed up late last night just surfing the internet, and started reading more about TPC Colorado. Says they'll have it set up to accommodate 7,900 yards. If they hold some tour events there, will that be the longest course on tour? I know they talked about how long Erin Hills was, at 7,760 yards. Sure, we have elevation here, but not taking that into consideration, 7,900 is still ridiculously long.

Also, they said they have it contracted to host 5 consecutive Web.com events starting in 2019. Does that mean a PGA Tour event wouldn't be able to use the course until 2024? Or can the same course host a Web.com and PGA Tour event in the same year? I can't wait for next spring. I definitely want to play it. Looking at some of the other TPC courses, you can get on for around $100-$130. Any chance it will be that cheap to start off?

I know the head designer and I heard they are going to make it reach 8000. Web to start with hope of bringing a pgatour event back to Colorado. One of the par 5's is supposedly a downhill 700 plus.

It should be great!

Edit: can't imagine it will be cheap. I'm guessing an everything included 150-225

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

I'm playing Pole Creek tomorrow. Anything I should know about that course? We are playing all 27 holes

Looking at their site reminds me how badly I just want to make a business prettying up/adding functionality to all the courses in the area's sites. SO MANY of them are abysmal to look at and use.

Pole Creek was a blast. The views were pretty amazing on some of the holes.

All three of the nines have a little different feel to them. The Ridge is by far the best. Lots of elevation change. Meadow was enjoyable and picturesque. Ranch was my least favorite but still worth playing. Pace of play was great. Only had to wait twice in 27 holes. Was a pricey day but well worth it!

Looking at getting out to The Broadlands this weekend. Seeing rates of $48 with a cart both Saturday & Sunday afternoon past 2pm. If anyone wants to join, let me know!
I am a big fan of Murphy, but I simply can't justify it. I have a tournament at Broadlands next Saturday, and I've never played the course before. Only playing golf this weekend to allow myself a practice round to see the course. Scorecard lists most Par 4's in the 350-375 range...so I feel like being strategic and not taking driver is a good thing out there. Definitely don't want to go into a competitive round blind.
Definitely a lot of holes you don't want to mess with driver on at Broadlands. I like the course but they shove too many people on it with the 8 minute tee times and you end up waiting on almost every hole. Most weekend rounds I've had out there have been 5:15 or more unless you go in the first hour or so in the morning.

Yeah, before I signed up at Nash I used to do their P4 deal at the Broadlands. Because of it the range gets eaten alive and the afternoon rounds are brutal out there. My biggest complaint has always been the green speeds. They have traditionally been a very pure 7-8 stimp. Silly, silly slow. They at least roll pure but every time I've had a tournament there it's now become a rule of mine to show up 2 hours early and putt for at least 1.5 hours of that time to get used to the drastic speed difference from every other golf course. It takes some time to get your brain to allow you to hit a putt that hard. Having said that, I have the CGA Mid-Am qualifier there on the 31st so I'll be there early. They haven't sent out tee times yet. Hopefully I'm early but not too early.

Rocky Mountain Open went well this weekend. That was easily the toughest Am field I've played in besides maybe the CGA Am, and they're really close. Shot 68-70-73 and finished T7 on the Am side. I was pretty nervy this morning playing with two of the best Am's in the state. Glenn Workman was one of them, winning both the CGA Am and the Wyoming Am. Luckily I finally realized where the mental block was coming from on the 8th hole and knocked it loose and played my game. Was +4 at that point and played bogey-free and -2 the rest of the way. The nerves were just tightening me up and I was losing it right, which I hadn't done all week and right is DEAD there.

I'll be getting out to Murphy with irvtrain and another buddy of mine on Sunday for a Practice round with the US Mid-Am there the following Tuesday. How did the round out there go today fellers?

Pole Creek was a blast. The views were pretty amazing on some of the holes.

All three of the nines have a little different feel to them. The Ridge is by far the best. Lots of elevation change. Meadow was enjoyable and picturesque. Ranch was my least favorite but still worth playing. Pace of play was great. Only had to wait twice in 27 holes. Was a pricey day but well worth it!

I'm playing Grand Elk and then hopefully Pole Creek on Friday...first time playing both. Can't wait! I'm probably most excited about the golf boards at Grand Elk...here's to hoping I don't injure myself :swoon2:

Looking at getting out to The Broadlands this weekend. Seeing rates of $48 with a cart both Saturday & Sunday afternoon past 2pm. If anyone wants to join, let me know!

Yeah, before I signed up at Nash I used to do their P4 deal at the Broadlands. Because of it the range gets eaten alive and the afternoon rounds are brutal out there. My biggest complaint has always been the green speeds. They have traditionally been a very pure 7-8 stimp. Silly, silly slow. They at least roll pure but every time I've had a tournament there it's now become a rule of mine to show up 2 hours early and putt for at least 1.5 hours of that time to get used to the drastic speed difference from every other golf course. It takes some time to get your brain to allow you to hit a putt that hard. Having said that, I have the CGA Mid-Am qualifier there on the 31st so I'll be there early. They haven't sent out tee times yet. Hopefully I'm early but not too early.

Rocky Mountain Open went well this weekend. That was easily the toughest Am field I've played in besides maybe the CGA Am, and they're really close. Shot 68-70-73 and finished T7 on the Am side. I was pretty nervy this morning playing with two of the best Am's in the state. Glenn Workman was one of them, winning both the CGA Am and the Wyoming Am. Luckily I finally realized where the mental block was coming from on the 8th hole and knocked it loose and played my game. Was +4 at that point and played bogey-free and -2 the rest of the way. The nerves were just tightening me up and I was losing it right, which I hadn't done all week and right is DEAD there.

I'll be getting out to Murphy with irvtrain and another buddy of mine on Sunday for a Practice round with the US Mid-Am there the following Tuesday. How did the round out there go today fellers?

Sounds like you had a pretty decent day, Joel.

Round today was great. I can't speak for the other two gents, but I had a great time. Went bogey-double-bogey to start (really no excuse to ever bogey the 1st at MC) and then straight pars and a birdie on 9 to close out the front at +3.

But talk about a tale of two nines. Today was one of those days where I didn't feel like I was doing anything wrong, but also nothing special. Shots weren't wild at all, but the train went off the rails on the back. Doubled 10 after pulling a 3W to the edge of the red stakes. Took my medicine and chipped out, hit the green with my third and proceeded to 3-putt. Par on 11, and then the bogey train started moving. Needless to say, I finished the back at +10 (and still never felt like I hit any truly bad shots...just not many truly good ones). Putter wasn't very hot, and ended up blazing quite a few off of the edges of the holes. The round could have been better with a few extra putts dropping. Golf is weird.

The tournament out there explains why the greens were rolling so well. Now, if only muni players would realize they need to fix their pitch marks on the greens...

Definitely a great round at Murphy Creek today. It was a pleasure meeting up with both of you fellas.

After the trainwreck I had last week on the back nine at GVR, it felt good to get out and play pretty well. 40 on the front for me, and 45 on the back. Although, it felt like I played better than that on the back side. Just had two stupid driver swings, that after re-teeing cost me 4 strokes total. It would've been a really good round for me, if only I could take back those two pop-fly, OB, pulls...

Although walking and carrying today reminded me why I like playing early morning rounds. It was freaking warm. I'm just thankful to have had the nice breeze.

I'm playing Grand Elk and then hopefully Pole Creek on Friday...first time playing both. Can't wait! I'm probably most excited about the golf boards at Grand Elk...here's to hoping I don't injure myself :swoon2:

Eh, you'll be fine. Those golf boards are pretty fun. A little awkward at first but you'll pick it up pretty fast and unless you're crazy you won't go fast enough to hurt yourself.

Sounds like you had a pretty decent day, Joel.

Round today was great. I can't speak for the other two gents, but I had a great time. Went bogey-double-bogey to start (really no excuse to ever bogey the 1st at MC) and then straight pars and a birdie on 9 to close out the front at +3.

But talk about a tale of two nines. Today was one of those days where I didn't feel like I was doing anything wrong, but also nothing special. Shots weren't wild at all, but the train went off the rails on the back. Doubled 10 after pulling a 3W to the edge of the red stakes. Took my medicine and chipped out, hit the green with my third and proceeded to 3-putt. Par on 11, and then the bogey train started moving. Needless to say, I finished the back at +10 (and still never felt like I hit any truly bad shots...just not many truly good ones). Putter wasn't very hot, and ended up blazing quite a few off of the edges of the holes. The round could have been better with a few extra putts dropping. Golf is weird.

The tournament out there explains why the greens were rolling so well. Now, if only muni players would realize they need to fix their pitch marks on the greens...

Depends on your definition of "good," lol. It was good in that I was able to identify the nerves and most importantly the source of the nerves. However, it was my worst score in the tournament. Proving the point that good and bad are all relative. Gotta love duality; no "good" comes without "bad" :-)

Bummer you didn't play too well. On the same note, what did you learn from today?

Yeah, it's not just muni's man. I usually fix 3-5 ball marks on every hole at basically every course I play on. There's a huge lack of teaching golf etiquette. I really feel that everyone should have to prove they know how to:

1. fix a divot

2. fix a pitch mark

3. rake a bunker

The others like stepping in lines and such need to be learned also but I think they're secondary. I've played with random people that never even think about it. I've stared down strangers while I fixed their marks many a time

We fixed quite a few pitch marks today. I wish a few more of them had been my own :-) Thankfully, the only bunker I was in all day was the unmaintained waste bunker on 7. But walking around I noticed there were LOTS of un-raked bunkers today too.

Seriously, those are the easiest things to do...

I'm the guy at City Park who rakes both bunkers in the practice area before I leave, whether I used them that day or not. Lord knows I will at some point.

I guess what I meant by "good day" is that there's some positives that you can take from breaking that mental block. Little steps along the way to make you that much better next time out. You're a damn fine player, that's for sure.

What did I learn from?

It's weird. I felt sour on the round after the tee shot on 17, but in retrospect, I've hit the ball a lot better and still scored similarly...so to be able to put together even a decent run of pars and a birdie (could have been an eagle and sniffed a few other pars but ran them over the edges of the cup) is okay, all things considered. I didn't have any "blow ups," but I didn't do anything well. I just can't put together a complete round. Chipping today, which I'd spent a great deal of time on this week (relative to my life, of course) and felt good about, was abysmal. When there's something on the line, I can't commit to the shots I've hit time and again on the practice greens, so I get halfway there. Putting is a relative strength if I'm reading lines, my driver's pretty reliable, but chipping/wedges are really my barrier to anything better. But I'm finally realizing that mid to low 80s is my ceiling, realistically, for the lack of effort I put into practice.

And really, I'm starting to I know I'm okay with that, given my lifestyle and priorities. I love this game, regardless.

My biggest complaint has always been the green speeds. They have traditionally been a very pure 7-8 stimp. Silly, silly slow. They at least roll pure but every time I've had a tournament there it's now become a rule of mine to show up 2 hours early and putt for at least 1.5 hours of that time to get used to the drastic speed difference from every other golf course

I should have seen this before heading out there today! Hit 76% of fairways, and 56% of GIRs...but you can't score with 39 f***ing putts on the card. Oy vey!

It doesn't help that I was running very late, and I basically ran from my car to pay my fees, then run straight to #1 tee (where the 3 guys I was playing with were already in the fairway). So zero range balls, zero practice putts, not even so much as 30 seconds of stretching. Just straight to the tee, 2-3 practice swings with the ball teed up, and away I went.

But seriously, those greens were brutal. Not only could I not get the speed down, there wasn't a single flat putt all day. Definitely had Sunday pin positions out there. Besides the greens, the only other complaint I have were the tee boxes. A majority of the holes, there wasn't any place flat to stand on. I pulled a few drives left into fairway bunkers/left rough because the ball was so far above my feet. Also, I walked in the heat, and there was NO water on the course. All the water stations were just full of ice...and not water. That doesn't really help anyone.

Golf is weird.

Amen to that. Golf is really really weird. I had 9 pars today...and still ended up +14 for the round. So many doubles on the card. It's like playing bogey golf...without any bogeys. Just pars and doubles. Very frustrating.

And I think the course I've seen/fixed most ball marks was when we went out to Bear Dance. I swear, I could have easily fixed 20 marks on each green. Whereas most *cheaper* public courses aren't that bad.

Had a pretty good weekend. Saturday, we played the Keystone River course and I shot my season best 83, and that was with 2 triples and 2 doubles. It was challenging not knowing the course since there are so many extreme elevation changes on some of the holes, not to mention factoring in the altitude and wind, so I was stoked about that score. My short game was pretty good since I only hit 6 greens, and my putter was on fire. I had 7 one-putts for a total of 30 putts and I couldn't miss from 6ft and in. I obviously wished I could have a couple shots back, but that's every round. I knew I was playing well, but didn't really know my score which is helpful to me. Unfortunately, I accidentally saw it after finishing up the 15th and got nervous thinking I had a small chance at a round in the 70's...then I promptly took a triple lol. I finished strong after that though with 2 pars.

I was beat after that round though. I'm not sure if it was the sun or I didn't drink enough water, but I was dead that night and didn't even go to one our friends party that I was looking forward to. I didn't have much desire to play the following day either. I woke up the next day feeling the same way for my match play. I was simply beat and not excited to go out which isn't a good scenario. Nonetheless, I played a really cool guy who was a 6hcp, so he gave me quite a few strokes thankfully since I really didn't play well at all. My putter was ice cold and completely inconsistent. We battled back and forth, and I don't think either of us got to 2-up at any point. He played pretty well, but didn't have any putts fall for him. He was a par machine though and carded 7 pars in a row on me - I think he was 4 or 5 over going into the last hole. On 17, I made a clutch putt to bring it back to AS. I tee'd up on 18, calmed my nerves, and hit a great drive down the middle of the fairway. My opponent sliced his OB. He then took a drop, and found OB again, then conceded after his next shot after I had advanced mine safely. Not the way I wanted to win since I didn't play very well, but I'll take it!

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

I was beat after that round though. I'm not sure if it was the sun or I didn't drink enough water, but I was dead that night and didn't even go to one our friends party that I was looking forward to. I didn't have much desire to play the following day either.

Playing yesterday was stupid for me after 27 at Pole Creek the day before. I shot my worst round of the year.....had a few lost balls, a few duffs....sometimes I probably should just say no to golf.

Had it not been a men's club event, I would have said no for sure. I need a small break from the game, but won't get that until labor day. There are times I feel burnt out, but I think that's because I have lots of things I need to get done at home. Still waiting for that long lost relative to leave me a nice inheritance so I can retire lol

Edel E-1

Had it not been a men's club event, I would have said no for sure. I need a small break from the game, but won't get that until labor day. There are times I feel burnt out, but I think that's because I have lots of things I need to get done at home. Still waiting for that long lost relative to leave me a nice inheritance so I can retire lol

I'll play your rounds for you...

I'm the guy at City Park who rakes both bunkers in the practice area before I leave, whether I used them that day or not. Lord knows I will at some point.

I guess what I meant by "good day" is that there's some positives that you can take from breaking that mental block. Little steps along the way to make you that much better next time out. You're a damn fine player, that's for sure.

What did I learn from?

It's weird. I felt sour on the round after the tee shot on 17, but in retrospect, I've hit the ball a lot better and still scored similarly...so to be able to put together even a decent run of pars and a birdie (could have been an eagle and sniffed a few other pars but ran them over the edges of the cup) is okay, all things considered. I didn't have any "blow ups," but I didn't do anything well. I just can't put together a complete round. Chipping today, which I'd spent a great deal of time on this week (relative to my life, of course) and felt good about, was abysmal. When there's something on the line, I can't commit to the shots I've hit time and again on the practice greens, so I get halfway there. Putting is a relative strength if I'm reading lines, my driver's pretty reliable, but chipping/wedges are really my barrier to anything better. But I'm finally realizing that mid to low 80s is my ceiling, realistically, for the lack of effort I put into practice.

And really, I'm starting to I know I'm okay with that, given my lifestyle and priorities. I love this game, regardless.

I'm the guy out there the group behind is waiting on because I'm filling every divot within 30 feet with sand. Or I see a ball mark while walking off the green and stop to fix it.

I figured that's what you meant Brian but I had to chime in. Kinda the same thing with life, no? We learn from adversity. I knew I was nervy but hopefully next time I'm in contention instead of it taking 8 holes until I realize what part of me is causing it I can resolve it in 2 or less. If it goes really well and I remember this core issue with my personality I can work it out in my head before I even tee off.

I think your attitude of knowing your ceiling is a very healthy one. We all have them and the biggest part of keeping this game fun is having realistic expectations. It also doesn't matter what skill level you are, we still run into that ceiling. Take me as an example. I'm out there competing with D1 college golfers regularly and I realize I can keep up with them even though I have a real job. I can't however expect to be better than them. Those kids have all day every day to practice, let alone the best talent levels of amateur golf. That is my ceiling. What I do hope is to just rip a championship or two from them in the meantime :).

I should have seen this before heading out there today! Hit 76% of fairways, and 56% of GIRs...but you can't score with 39 f***ing putts on the card. Oy vey!

It doesn't help that I was running very late, and I basically ran from my car to pay my fees, then run straight to #1 tee (where the 3 guys I was playing with were already in the fairway). So zero range balls, zero practice putts, not even so much as 30 seconds of stretching. Just straight to the tee, 2-3 practice swings with the ball teed up, and away I went.

But seriously, those greens were brutal. Not only could I not get the speed down, there wasn't a single flat putt all day. Definitely had Sunday pin positions out there. Besides the greens, the only other complaint I have were the tee boxes. A majority of the holes, there wasn't any place flat to stand on. I pulled a few drives left into fairway bunkers/left rough because the ball was so far above my feet. Also, I walked in the heat, and there was NO water on the course. All the water stations were just full of ice...and not water. That doesn't really help anyone.

Golf is weird.

Amen to that. Golf is really really weird. I had 9 pars today...and still ended up +14 for the round. So many doubles on the card. It's like playing bogey golf...without any bogeys. Just pars and doubles. Very frustrating.

And I think the course I've seen/fixed most ball marks was when we went out to Bear Dance. I swear, I could have easily fixed 20 marks on each green. Whereas most *cheaper* public courses aren't that bad.

Oh man, no water on the golf course drives me nuts. That's odd there wasn't a flat tee box. I don't remember that being an issue but I also haven't played the course in a few years. I really like the layout there.

Yeah, sometimes those days happen. Big numbers and small numbers. Certain golf courses really do it to you also. There's a lot of that ability on Broadlands also because your tee shots are usually perfect or really bad. The putting has a lot to do with it also I bet. 39 putts is a huge number and really changes those 1st putts for par into double really fast.

Had a pretty good weekend. Saturday, we played the Keystone River course and I shot my season best 83, and that was with 2 triples and 2 doubles. It was challenging not knowing the course since there are so many extreme elevation changes on some of the holes, not to mention factoring in the altitude and wind, so I was stoked about that score. My short game was pretty good since I only hit 6 greens, and my putter was on fire. I had 7 one-putts for a total of 30 putts and I couldn't miss from 6ft and in. I obviously wished I could have a couple shots back, but that's every round. I knew I was playing well, but didn't really know my score which is helpful to me. Unfortunately, I accidentally saw it after finishing up the 15th and got nervous thinking I had a small chance at a round in the 70's...then I promptly took a triple lol. I finished strong after that though with 2 pars.

I was beat after that round though. I'm not sure if it was the sun or I didn't drink enough water, but I was dead that night and didn't even go to one our friends party that I was looking forward to. I didn't have much desire to play the following day either. I woke up the next day feeling the same way for my match play. I was simply beat and not excited to go out which isn't a good scenario. Nonetheless, I played a really cool guy who was a 6hcp, so he gave me quite a few strokes thankfully since I really didn't play well at all. My putter was ice cold and completely inconsistent. We battled back and forth, and I don't think either of us got to 2-up at any point. He played pretty well, but didn't have any putts fall for him. He was a par machine though and carded 7 pars in a row on me - I think he was 4 or 5 over going into the last hole. On 17, I made a clutch putt to bring it back to AS. I tee'd up on 18, calmed my nerves, and hit a great drive down the middle of the fairway. My opponent sliced his OB. He then took a drop, and found OB again, then conceded after his next shot after I had advanced mine safely. Not the way I wanted to win since I didn't play very well, but I'll take it!

Glad you liked the River course. It's a really cool one I think. That's really cool you shot your best round of the year there also because it can be sneaky tough. A mountain course like that puts such a premium on your tee shots since you just can't blow it big anywhere. You must have been killing it off the tee.

Nobody wants to win a match play like that but like you said... better than losing.

This is one thing I personally can't relate to. I'm absolutely golf crazy and would play 13 out of 14 days the entire year if it was possible. Unfortunately I don't have a silver spoon and actually need to keep a real job.....

This is one thing I personally can't relate to. I'm absolutely golf crazy and would play 13 out of 14 days the entire year if it was possible. Unfortunately I don't have a silver spoon and actually need to keep a real job.....

I'm golf crazy too and it creates arguments in my house, which certainly doesn't help at times. It's all I think about really. I've never been able to do anything in moderation, much to my wife's chagrin lol, so a lot of my life revolves around the sport. All in all, I think I'm just overly stressed right now. I think our trip over labor day will help...

Edel E-1

We played horrible in our member member and didn't do anything worthwhile. In the weirdness of golf: I played the 8 Par 3's 4 under par and the 8 par 5's 2 over. We kept doubling up our birdies and bogies which never works in a two man. Got my driver figured out nicely (really liking this G400) and ended up around 75-74 for the two days.

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

The eclipse was an amazing experience. The drive home, not so much--12 BLEEPIN' HOURS! Still worth it.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

The eclipse was an amazing experience. The drive home, not so much--12 BLEEPIN' HOURS! Still worth it.

I saw traffic photos from North Georgia. No chance. I'll take 92% coverage and the mailman letting me use his glasses for 20 seconds over that much traffic.

Glad you had fun. Really a unique experience.

How did the round out there go today fellers?

Round for me went good, as good as I could expect with a day old putter and new shafts (July) in my clubs. Front nine started out good, but finished +8 I think. Back nine went decidedly better, think +4 or 5. Putting was terrible all around, but my iron play improved. Started swinging a little harder than I like to which seemed to straighten out my shots vs leaving them out to the right. I need to find more time to hit the range and feel more comfortable with my new shafts.

It was good to get out and finally meet some of the golfers on here. My number of rounds I play dropped drastically when I move to Denver almost 2 years ago. Good to get out with others who enjoy the game as much as I do. Looking forward to future rounds with fellow WRXers.

How did the round out there go today fellers?

Round for me went good, as good as I could expect with a day old putter and new shafts (July) in my clubs. Front nine started out good, but finished +8 I think. Back nine went decidedly better, think +4 or 5. Putting was terrible all around, but my iron play improved. Started swinging a little harder than I like to which seemed to straighten out my shots vs leaving them out to the right. I need to find more time to hit the range and feel more comfortable with my new shafts.

It was good to get out and finally meet some of the golfers on here. My number of rounds I play dropped drastically when I move to Denver almost 2 years ago. Good to get out with others who enjoy the game as much as I do. Looking forward to future rounds with fellow WRXers.

It was good to see you play so consistently, even if your putting wasn't making you very happy. I can't remember a single hole where you truly found trouble. I think I said on the walk from 15 to 16 that you were putting together a quietly consistent (and good) round. Sounds like you did. You did a lot of things really right, but you're still getting used to the putter. Once those start falling...look out!

Glad we could get out. We'll have to do it again sometime. And we should set a goal this fall of getting as many of us out as we can. A little CO WRX-stravaganza, if you will. Everyone I've had the pleasure of playing with on here are great dudes.