2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping i200 Irons: In-Hand Photos

GolfWRX

I will say I think the distance gain was due to the shafts and proper fitting. I recommend everyone pay the money to get properly fit outdoors.

Also I strictly went to hit these clubs. I liked the look of the Mizuno 900 tours but didn't need the distractions..

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my set through my local golf shop on February 10th and was told it would be approximately 10 business days until they came in. I just called the shop today and they told me that they won't be in until around April 1st. Thats 2 months!!!

Anyone else in this same boat?

I ordered my set through my local golf shop on February 10th and was told it would be approximately 10 business days until they came in. I just called the shop today and they told me that they won't be in until around April 1st. Thats 2 months!!!

Asked Ping CS yesterday and they said about a week

Mostly depending shaft availability, I believe.

I had my guy put a hold on my original order as I was leaving for Palm Springs and didn't want them sitting around on the front porch until I got back. Consequently, my order was submitted to Ping on Tuesday 13 February. Ping and UPS say they will arrive tomorrow 27 February. Basically, two weeks.

Modus 105, red dot, midsize grips. No other "custom" stuff.

A little longer than usual for Ping but not bad at all for a new release considering the high demand.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

I played my 1st round yesterday with the new clubs. Figuring out iron distance was a little challenging to start. It was also super windy so not a great day for me scoring wise, but:

I had some awful swings that yielded better results then I deserved. There is plenty of GI in these irons for a mid handicap player.

I changed both irons and wedges to Ping so I need a few more practice session and couple more rounds to get everything dialed in.

Based on yesterday and few range days the I200 are keepers.

Did you order anything special? I hope mine don't take that long! I ordered a set, yellow dot, with xp 95 shafts.

No, I didn't order anything special. Yellow dot, 1/2" inch long, Nippon Modus 105 S, MCC+4 grips.

I hope y'all are right because I can't believe it would take 2 months! I'm dying over here!

I had my guy put a hold on my original order as I was leaving for Palm Springs and didn't want them sitting around on the front porch until I got back. Consequently, my order was submitted to Ping on Tuesday 13 February. Ping and UPS say they will arrive tomorrow 27 February. Basically, two weeks.

Modus 105, red dot, midsize grips. No other "custom" stuff.

A little longer than usual for Ping but not bad at all for a new release considering the high demand.

Very similar order to mine. The golf store told me the lead time was end of March/beginning of April. Absolutely crazy. I'm glad y'alls are coming in quicker than expected. Hopefully that's good news for me!

April 1st?

You sure the guys in the shop aren't just having a laugh.

When I pre-ordered my i20s, I was told 6 weeks. No problem, I'm under 4 feet of snow. I got a call to pick them up less than 3 wks later.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

April 1st?

You sure the guys in the shop aren't just having a laugh.

Man I hope so!

Yeah, Ping usually overstates their estimated shipping dates. They told me that it would take 3 weeks for my set to arrive. Got it in 10 business days

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

The golf shop checked on the order today and told me the reason why it was saying April 1st was because I ordered them with MCC+4 grips and I guess they were waiting for a shipment of those or something? He is going to try and get them sent without the grips and just install them at his shop.

That's crazy. Delaying someone's $900 irons for something as small as grips...

I hope that's all it was because I want these things to come in!

The golf shop checked on the order today and told me the reason why it was saying April 1st was because I ordered them with MCC+4 grips and I guess they were waiting for a shipment of those or something? He is going to try and get them sent without the grips and just install them at his shop.

I just got mine Saturday with MCC+4s. They told me it would take over a month and they came in less than two weeks, so hopefully yours will come earlier than expected.

Driver: Epic  Max LS  - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Fairway: Epic Speed 13.5 - Ventus (velocore) Blue - 7X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1 - Tensei Pro White - 100TX
4-P: Ping Blueprints - X100
Wedges: Vokey SM8 raw 51F, 55F, and 59 low-bounce K - DG TI S400 
Putter: 21' Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Ball: 21' TP5X

As advertised, mine arrived yesterday. 13 days from order to front door.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

Well if they don't have the grips you ordered, what would you prefer them to do? Send them to you ungripped and say "We'll send your Plus-4's along in a few weeks"?

Gave these a try during a fitting. They couldn't beat my srixon 765 numbers but they came close. The look and feel is considerably better then my E 1's. Haven't used the 765's in tournaments yet so if things don't work out I'll definitely go back to these. Woods still all ping and big fan of there irons.

[media=][/media]

Thanks, wonder how much the different shafts play in here, dg vs awt.

5 swings of something is probably inconclusive on just about everything. it is a nice peek at them side by side though, he gives some basic impressions of the irons, and on it's surface it's a very nice review. but IMO the iBlade and i200 aren't even in the same category for any direct comparison. or I'll just use this old adage... all iBlade players could play i200, but not all i200 players could play iBlade.

Well if they don't have the grips you ordered, what would you prefer them to do? Send them to you ungripped and say "We'll send your Plus-4's along in a few weeks"?

No, I would prefer them to send the irons to me un-gripped and knock $70 ($10 a grip for 7 clubs) off of the final price. I could get them gripped at my local golf store who has the grips in stock.

No, I would prefer them to send the irons to me un-gripped and knock $70 ($10 a grip for 7 clubs) off of the final price. I could get them gripped at my local golf store who has the grips in stock.

If that's what you want just order them with stock ping grips and then you won't have to pay the up charge for the +4s, that's the same thing as a price reduction from your original order. And then use the upcharge$ you would have paid ping to have your local shop put the grips on.

You can even have ping put the stock ping grips in the box uninstalled and sell them.

If that's what you want just order them with stock ping grips and then you won't have to pay the up charge for the +4s, that's the same thing as a price reduction from your original order. And then use the upcharge$ you would have paid ping to have your local shop put the grips on.

You can even have ping put the stock ping grips in the box uninstalled and sell them.

Not a bad idea. I may call Ping and see if they can do that. I just didn't think they'd be out of such a popular grip so I didn't think it'd be an issue. Thanks!

They might be out of the *because* they're so popular nowadays. I stopped in at Dick's Sporting Goods a few weeks ago to pick up a couple of gray standard MCC Plus4. They had a few of the gray and a bit more of the blue but the guy said they could hardly keep them in stock the last few months. He's like, everybody that comes in for a regrip wants them now.

Not a bad idea. I may call Ping and see if they can do that. I just didn't think they'd be out of such a popular grip so I didn't think it'd be an issue. Thanks!

I know for a fact Edwin Watts will buy back the stock grips at full retail if you order them in the box. I would think most store would.