2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping i200 Irons: In-Hand Photos

GolfWRX

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other feedback from these? Considering subbing these in for my AP2's...

I've owned AP2 714 & 716's and have demoed the i200 with all of the stock shaft options. For me, I'd give the nod pretty firmly in the direction of the i200's. It is personal preference, but the Pings look better at address and feel much better to me. Hate to say that they might even feel more forged than the forged AP2's?!

Any other feedback from these? Considering subbing these in for my AP2's...

I've owned AP2 714 & 716's and have demoed the i200 with all of the stock shaft options. For me, I'd give the nod pretty firmly in the direction of the i200's. It is personal preference, but the Pings look better at address and feel much better to me. Hate to say that they might even feel more forged than the forged AP2's?!

I agree with Tyro. I wasn't a fan of the AP2 and have a buddy on Titleist staff that was trying to convince me to get them. I recently tried the I200, Z765, Z656, 900F and the 900 HM's. I went with the HM's because they were just so consistent. All the irons listed are great and I could have played any of them. If I were to get the I200 I would have to order them with the Power Spec to drop the launch and spin.

The reason I checked them was they felt light. I'm no pro but I've had who knows 50 iron sets and yes I can tell when they feel light.

Listen D-0 is unacceptable.

This is not a big deal. Ping is fixing them and all is good.

If it's not a big deal then why did you send them back? There's no chance you can tell what is a D1 vs what a D0 blind.....back to the thread now.

The reason I checked them was they felt light. I'm no pro but I've had who knows 50 iron sets and yes I can tell when they feel light.

If it's not a big deal then why did you send them back? There's no chance you can tell what is a D1 vs what a D0 blind.....back to the thread now.

Again, did you put oversized grips on them?

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

I did not want D-1 swing weight to start! I ordered them D-2 swing weight

Ping said they would get them to D-2 no problem (thats the reason for sending them back)

Not a big deal to wait for them to be corrected is what I meant

I did not want D-1 swing weight to start! I ordered them D-2 swing weight

Ping said they would get them to D-2 no problem (thats the reason for sending them back)

Not a big deal to wait for them to be corrected is what I meant

Man I can't wait, mine are supposed to be in next week. Took longer because of the custom back grind.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

I have a fitting scheduled on Tuesday. Going in to be fit for these and the epic woods. I'll report back on the I-200. I've hit them a bunch at various places and at the club. I'm a plus handicap who hits it pretty high already. When I've hit these on a monitor I've launched them close to 20 degrees with a PX 6.0. I'll be interested to see if he can get my ball flight to an acceptable level with these. I hope they work out because I love them and I always play best with Ping irons for whatever reason...

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

I have a fitting scheduled on Tuesday. Going in to be fit for these and the epic woods. I'll report back on the I-200. I've hit them a bunch at various places and at the club. I'm a plus handicap who hits it pretty high already. When I've hit these on a monitor I've launched them close to 20 degrees with a PX 6.0. I'll be interested to see if he can get my ball flight to an acceptable level with these. I hope they work out because I love them and I always play best with Ping irons for whatever reason...

I went with X100 and power spec lofts to get the flight down. Soft stepped them once so that they'll be between an x and a stiff with lower ball flight.

Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

I went with X100 and power spec lofts to get the flight down. Soft stepped them once so that they'll be between an x and a stiff with lower ball flight.

I've always hit PX 6.0 well. Howard's flex chart says that I'd fit into a soft stepped x100 if I played that shaft. Only difference then is weight of course...

Did you try the power spec against the normal spec prior on a launch monitor to come to this conclusion?

The guy I'm going to this coming week is the best fitter in the nashville area. He used to build clubs for Nick Faldo back in the day and was on the TM tour van I'm pretty sure. I'm wondering if he has the power spec head to try??

I've always hit PX 6.0 well. Howard's flex chart says that I'd fit into a soft stepped x100 if I played that shaft. Only difference then is weight of course...

Did you try the power spec against the normal spec prior on a launch monitor to come to this conclusion?

The guy I'm going to this coming week is the best fitter in the nashville area. He used to build clubs for Nick Faldo back in the day and was on the TM tour van I'm pretty sure. I'm wondering if he has the power spec head to try??

I wasn't fit for power spec but I have a few reasons for it:

1. I have a naturally high ball flight so it brings down the flight.

2. I played C taper s+ in my s55. So the flex profile should be close to the same without having to up charge to the s+ c taper.

3. I wanted less bounce on these irons as I play courses that get very dry in the summer, bounce can be a killer. The power spec loft bends 1-2 degrees of bounce out based on how many degrees of loft are added. I'm also a 1 handicap so like you, consistent contact isnt a worry for me.

Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

I wasn't fit for power spec but I have a few reasons for it:

1. I have a naturally high ball flight so it brings down the flight.

2. I played C taper s+ in my s55. So the flex profile should be close to the same without having to up charge to the s+ c taper.

3. I wanted less bounce on these irons as I play courses that get very dry in the summer, bounce can be a killer. The power spec loft bends 1-2 degrees of bounce out based on how many degrees of loft are added. I'm also a 1 handicap so like you, consistent contact isnt a worry for me.

Good stuff! I too believe the power spec lofts may fit me as well.

No offense to any specific posters but why do these threads always get dominated by a discussion about a minor production flaw or the guy who must play with the extra rock hard shafts?

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

I was a little worried at first they were too much for me but after smoothing out tempo and hitting the gym they are working out very well. I love the heft in the short irons and appreciate the little les weight in the long.

PING Rapture V2 with BB
PING Crossover - 3
PING Eye 2 + Becu 3-W with DG AMT S300
PING Eye 2 XG Sand and Lob wedges
PING Chipo!
PING Pal - Karsten

Do the fitting carts have both the standard and the Power Spec heads to try?

That's a negative. Only fitting heads we got were in Blue and Red color codes, standard lofts. Power Spec is going to be more at the fitter's recommendation I think rather than something that will be available to demo. Reps could have them at demo days but I'm not sure.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I am really interested in getting a set of these but I really want to try the MRC OT graphite shafts. Not an option from Ping. Is it still true that it's very difficult to pull the shafts from Ping and replace? Or could I send the shafts to Ping and they would install?

It's as easy to pull as any club, however that will void your warranty from what I've been told. As far as having them install shafts, I'd just call them and ask them about that. Their customer service is great. I would want them to install, because they can change out the weights in the heads and swing weight properly. I would think that you can ship them out there and they'll do it for you and make any other adjustments.

Fun fact.. if you need to refinish anything it is only $15 or so to do it. I sent an ie1 in that hit a rock and I literally couldn't tell if it was a new club or not.. this is one of the great things about Ping.

Changing shafts won't void the guaranty.

PING won't install shafts, nor will they ship anything but complete clubs.

Hello - does anyone know what graphite iron shafts Ping will offer in 2017?

They still show the summer 2016 list.

Thank you

I am really interested in getting a set of these but I really want to try the MRC OT graphite shafts. Not an option from Ping. Is it still true that it's very difficult to pull the shafts from Ping and replace? Or could I send the shafts to Ping and they would install?

It's as easy to pull as any club, however that will void your warranty from what I've been told. As far as having them install shafts, I'd just call them and ask them about that. Their customer service is great. I would want them to install, because they can change out the weights in the heads and swing weight properly. I would think that you can ship them out there and they'll do it for you and make any other adjustments.

Fun fact.. if you need to refinish anything it is only $15 or so to do it. I sent an ie1 in that hit a rock and I literally couldn't tell if it was a new club or not.. this is one of the great things about Ping.

Thank you

I can't imagine it'd be any different but as usual I could be wrong...

Thank you

I can't imagine it'd be any different but as usual I could be wrong...

Yes and thats what I'm afraid of...

Why does the S-58 still pops into my mind?

Because the S-55 is a S-58 on steroids.

Why do I still see the S-58 in the i200?

Because it is, it's grandchild. Hard to improve on greatness...Way to go Ping!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I have the i.e.-1 in black dot +1/4".

I am thinking of going back to std length and perhaps red dot (.75 flat), as I have felt I have they are a bit too upright for my swing. Lie board contact is good and I have drawn a line on the ball and checked impact with impact tape and it is square (think I might be talking myself into black lie here!)

Static fitting would put me up at 2* up.

Anyone materially deviate between static and dynamic fitting (I know dynamic rules) ; >

I have the i.e.-1 in black dot +1/4".

I am thinking of going back to std length and perhaps red dot (.75 flat), as I have felt I have they are a bit too upright for my swing. Lie board contact is good and I have drawn a line on the ball and checked impact with impact tape and it is square (think I might be talking myself into black lie here!)

Static fitting would put me up at 2* up.

Anyone materially deviate between static and dynamic fitting (I know dynamic rules) ; >

JUST PLAYED my first game with my ordered power spec i 200s to replace my i25's that were made 2 degrees stronger from last yer.They feel great and eliminate the dig they sole the 125's had from my adjustment.When the ping rep saw my i25's in OCTOBER HE SAID THE NEW I200S POWER SPEC would be a great replacement.I am a 6 hdcp who has play for 50 years.My adjusted lofts were within 1/2 degree of the new power spec.I am using the AWT SHAFT blue color code.

Ping rep told me i couldn't tell D0 swing weight from D2 swing weight,it was that little difference in weight. I believe him.

Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

Ping rep told me i couldn't tell D0 swing weight from D2 swing weight,it was that little difference in weight. I believe him.

I was told by Ping that the equivalent of a swing weight point is the weight of a dollar bill. Hence, you're talking about a total of two dollar bills. In other words, not much.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"