2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Gouging

BeeMan

Wow! A single thread with some of my all time favorites - Splitter, Medic, Wobo, GoIrish, Thrillhouse! Where are MtlJeff, Jack Pearsall, and Kymar to make this the the ultimate "get in" thread?

I'm now trying to figure out who is the business owner, who is the anis, who has necrotizing fasciitis, and who is the wombat?

Carry on gentlemen!

I'm in the snooze you lose camp, not the "I'm not as fast as you, but everyone deserves a trophy" camp. Maybe some of the people getting fleeced on these flips live in a rural area with only dial-up internet speed and no Costco for days, and they are just happy to have the opportunity to get them at all, no matter the price? For the guy who couldn't get his kid the Nintendo, same thing happened to me and I was pissed! Know what I did when Super NES came out? Made sure I was first in line! You definitely deserved a trophy for trying though.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The market will correct itself on it's own. Costco will catch up with demand and we'll all be able to buy however many we want. And some people will get stuck with a bunch that they overpaid for.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

I will say I love a deal. I've bought clothes, clubs, balls that I don't even come close to needing. When RBG had their z-star and TP ammo boxes for $40 or whatever it was I have to admit I couldn't refuse even though I have a couple year supply. You should see me at the seasonal candy aisle the day after halloween, Christmas, V-Day, and Easter.

That said I do think it's crappy to go out and buy everything on the shelf to try and make a buck.

It reminds me of the kind of people who sign up for every sports playoff lottery and get in line for big concerts to flip the tickets and have no interest in going. I'm from the KC area and when the Royals were in the World Series a couple years back there were so many people in the area who had never even been to a Royals game that signed up for tickets and such and had 4 computers going to try and make a bunch of money and stick it to the true fans that wanted to go but weren't as lucky.

I know the same happens every year with the Masters. So many true fans of the sport would love to go but since we have the A-holes that get in the lottery to win tickets to make a profit their chances unless they have lots of money is drastically reduced.

This is how I feel about the flippers. If I were at Ross and saw some new TW's or Jordan's on the shelf not in my size I might grab them for a friend or do a quick search on here to see if a fellow WRX'er was looking for a pair. But the last thing I would do is buy them just to flip them and make $50. Let someone that really want's them get a good deal.

If I can buy and sell a pair for an easy $50, and there were multiples, call me stupid for leaving it on the table for someone else to make money. Basically paying for my round.

This was mostly my concern, I give a lot of my clubs, bags and balls to younger guys who need them. I do list items on classifieds also. The biggest thing I hear from young people in my area is they can't afford to play. I thought we were trying to grow the game!

Good on you for your donations. I absolutely do not buy the "golf is too expensive" rant. You can get a set of top class clubs from only several years ago for the price of a family of four at the movie theater. It is maybe the expectations that are unreasonable. Also, not picking on you, but I fail to see how people flipping KSigs have anything to do with making this game unaffordable? Again, look at the deal just posted in DoND for 60 balls for $16 shipped....

It's one of the things. If you don't think golf is expensive I'd like to see the cost where you play.

$100 a month member dues....you can buy a bag full of 2 year old brand names at play it again for $150-200 including bag... it doesnt cost more than any other sport.... now you can go nuts and buy into a country club and club Ho till theres no tomorow... but that isnt golf....

$100 a month doesn't even get a parking space around my neck of the woods.

For real. I wish the place in my avatar was only $100 a month to play...and I can walk there.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

I still don't get it. Why are people even buying this balls for the asinine prices? The whole reason these golf balls are even catching wind, is because you get 2 dozen for 30 bucks. When that price enters the premium ball territory, why are people still buying them? Ive seen a dozen go for $60 bucks on ebay, why would anyone do that? For those prices, id rather take a chance on titleist, bridgestone or taylormade. I would say move on from this fad, let people sell them for however much they want, let the other people be suckers to pay that amount.

It was opined numerous times way, way earlier in this thread that are are going to be valuable collectibles.

I highly doubt these balls are ever considered a collectors item, even more so a valuable one. Sure, some wrx'ers might keep a few for the nostalgia, but they aren't going to be worth a whole lot. We aren't talking limited edition putters here, were talking a golf ball with Kirkland stamped on it.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

I don't care for this practice and would never personally do it. Everyone knows these are a hot ticket item and that they could make a buck on them if they wanted to. I don't think it is within the spirit of the game to go and gobble up all the balls once the opportunity presents itself just to sell them at a 50% markup. I think it is taking advantage of Costco's pricing scheme and is unfair to consumers that actually want to buy to use them because if someone wants to buy the entire stock a store has just to flip them as soon as they get home, they can do it. That leaves the real consumers with no other option, if they really do want the specific product.

Of course, there is nothing illegal about this practice. I just think it's a borderline immoral practice.

To all of you guys that would never buy anything to sell for a profit.

How does the practice of going to goodwill and buying a $2 club, that you have no intention of playing with, to turn around and sell it for a huge, by %, profit on make you feel?

Should it be left there for a real golfer to come along that "needs" an 8 to match his set?

Somebody who buys these balls to flip also runs the risk of not recouping the investment if suddenly everybody is trying to flip. There is reward and also risk that comes with it. Welcome to the market economy. If someone wants to flip golf balls for a profit, more power to them. They make the effort, take the financial risk and reap the reward or loss. If people want the Ksigs so bad, spend more time refreshing the costco site and less time complaining about it.