2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

My point about the lack of alcohol (and severity of this all), is that assuming he took the meds in good conscience then that is TOTALLY different.

If he was trying to get hammered (high) off his meds, then yes, it would be on par with someone getting loaded up on vodka and drinking and driving.

If he was taking meds as prescribed - or even if he took the meds a little over the limit but wasn't necesarily trying to get stoned - to me that isn't nearly as egregious of an act.

In other words if he was taking the meds and not trying to get stoned on them, I just don't think it's as egregious of an ordeal.

And trust me, I am no Tiger fanboy. I have been very critical of him and don't tow the whole "He's the greatest, period" crap so many give him credit for.

His culpability isn't lessened because it's prescribed. He's still impaired and should know better.

And according to most here it's better than alcohol because drunk is different?

That makes it worse. Doesn't matter if he was abusing them or trying to relieve pain

Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while on this medication

It doesn't say "if you feel you're ok to drive then drive"

I've done it before without any harm doesn't fly either. So what? What if this time he plows over the hoards of people out at 3am, because you know, people have a life and got to their drink and party on. Not just him

Anyone at home at 3am apparently doesn't have a life according to the junior fan club members.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has now become a witch hunt, there's no news here. Guy was sleeping in his parked car and blew a 0.00000. The DUI charge won't even stick since he wasn't driving.

Today is a challenging time for TW haterz. They went to sleep last night thinking they had achieved their life-long goal in bringing down the man, only to be greatly disappointed this morning. I can't imagine how badly the haterz must feel right now, it's devastating. If you have any friends or family who are TW haterz (rare for haterz to have friends, but it's happens sometimes) please give them a call right now and make sure they are okay. If they mention any thoughts about suicide then please refer them to a suicide hotline or mental hospital ASAP.

http://www.nolo.com/...-dwi-33644.html

"April 25, 2016

In Florida, you can get a DUI (driving under the influence) if you drive or are in physical control of a vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or higher—often called a “per se” DUI or “DUBAL” (driving with an unlawful blood alcohol level)—regardless of whether your driving ability was actually impaired. (Sometimes the term “blood alcohol level” (BAL) is used instead of BAC.) However, a driver can also get a DUI for driving while impaired to “some degree” as the result of ingesting alcohol, drugs, or any combination of these.

(For more on the two types of standard DUI, see What’s the Difference Between Per Se and Impairment DUIs?)

While most DUIs involve driving, it’s possible to get a DUI in Florida without actually moving your vehicle. Florida law makes it illegal not only to drive a vehicle under the influence, but also to “operate” or be in “actual physical control” of a vehicle in such a state of impairment. So, for instance, an intoxicated motorist who’s found by police slumped over the wheel with keys in hand could be prosecuted for DUI even though the car never moved. "

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Man the excuse making apologist are in full force! I love it.

"I was in California golfing!" Just a normal reaction to medicine. You never know how it might effect you. You might think you were on the opposite coast of the country performing a task that you are physically incapable of but really no harm, no foul. seriosuly, Tiger can't be expected to take these medications responsibly. The whole thing is a crap shoot really.

Mr woods was asleep behind the wheel of a running car at 3AM, He was unable to follow simple instructions, lacked required motor skills to be able lift his foot 6 inches off the ground and remain in balance,He didn't know where he was, and asked the cop how far away from home he was- --- Oh Basic, normal reaction to pain meds. trust me, I know people on pain meds

THIS is why tiger controversies are so delicious. Not about TW, It's not about celebrating another public embarrasment, it's watching in stunned amusement the insane lengths guys will go to defend him in the face of the indefensible.

If you're going to load up on these medications because you need them for pain management, fine. That is not license to do whatever you want, to be totally irresponsible. He`s a 41 year old man who`s had 4 serious back surgeries, if there`s a guy who should understand how pain medications effect him, it`s this guy.

I am seeing a number of people that are usually critical of TW that have sympathy.

Remarkable.

I haven't had experience with friends or family and prescription meds. Except one guy who was a friend of my moms friend. Older buy, ex cop, had an operation and got hooked on oxy very severely.

Seems a lot of people, TW fans or not, have sympathy based on personal experience themselves or with family.

I am president of the TW fan club, but it seems there is a chance he is playing with fire here and maybe on the precipice of a black hole. Hope not, but these drugs seem very dangerous.

Whoa ho hoooooo! President of the TW fan club? BOLD self appointment there Gerry!! Those are fighting words to some. My money is on you my man!

And to your point, yes, this is potentially very serious. As I said above, he's had 4 back surgeries and a number of painful leg injuries and surgeries before that. Forget for a minute the polarizing figure we're discussing. If everyone would consider only athlete X with the same medical history, would anyone really be shocked if after all that painful recovery and Physical therapy there might be an issue with prescription pain meds? I mean I am not ready, like some early posters, to start offering my most sincere "i hope he gets the help he needs" speech. But, He couldn't perform the feared "touch your nose" test. And he didn't know where he was, and he had ZERO booze in him.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

When I first heard of this I had two thoughts. First was "dumb move". Then, I started thinking. You know he's had back surgery a few times. Anybody else here ever have experience with the opiates they prescribe like M&Ms after such procedures? I remember going cold turkey after gobbling a bunch of vicadin after blowing a knee out many years ago. Let me tell you...that's powerful stuff. I got through it but in the decades that followed I've watched many people spiral down the crapper with that stuff - including examples like this. Not making excuses for Tiger, and maybe he's just a drunk. Hope not. Hope he gets his s*&% together.

(added...I just noticed that many have said similar stuff here...)

My point about the lack of alcohol (and severity of this all), is that assuming he took the meds in good conscience then that is TOTALLY different.

If he was trying to get hammered (high) off his meds, then yes, it would be on par with someone getting loaded up on vodka and drinking and driving.

If he was taking meds as prescribed - or even if he took the meds a little over the limit but wasn't necesarily trying to get stoned - to me that isn't nearly as egregious of an act.

In other words if he was taking the meds and not trying to get stoned on them, I just don't think it's as egregious of an ordeal.

And trust me, I am no Tiger fanboy. I have been very critical of him and don't tow the whole "He's the greatest, period" crap so many give him credit for.

His culpability isn't lessened because it's prescribed. He's still impaired and should know better.

And according to most here it's better than alcohol because drunk is different?

That makes it worse. Doesn't matter if he was abusing them or trying to relieve pain

Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while on this medication

It doesn't say "if you feel you're ok to drive then drive"

I've done it before without any harm doesn't fly either. So what? What if this time he plows over the hoards of people out at 3am, because you know, people have a life and got to their drink and party on. Not just him

Anyone at home at 3am apparently doesn't have a life according to the junior fan club members.

There are millions of people on American roads RIGHT NOW that take prescription drugs, I can assure you, totally cognizant about what they are doing.

As I said...EVERY person's brain chemistry is different, and therefore each person has different reactions to various medications.

Again, I would like someone here to clarify if I am wrong about this, because if I am wrong then I believe the American roads would be several million(s) lighter driving right now than otherwise.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

This has now become a witch hunt, there's no news here. Guy was sleeping in his parked car and blew a 0.00000. The DUI charge won't even stick since he wasn't driving.

Yeah, never mind that the keys were in the ignition, the engine was running, brake lights were on, and that you can be charged with DUI from other things besides alcohol...

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

So does Tiger try to fight this in court or does he "take his medicine" and plead no contest?

My bet is it gets pleaded down to a wet reckless (even though no alcohol was involved it's still called "wet" and assuming the toxicology report doesn't come back with things like marijuana or cocaine in it)

Probably pays a pittance (for him) of a fine and does a bunch of community service like say DUI PSA and a school visit.

When I first heard of this I had two thoughts. First was "dumb move". Then, I started thinking. You know he's had back surgery a few times. Anybody else here ever have experience with the opiates they prescribe like M&Ms after such procedures? I remember going cold turkey after gobbling a bunch of vicadin after blowing a knee out many years ago. Let me tell you...that's powerful stuff. I got through it but in the decades that followed I've watched many people spiral down the crapper with that stuff - including examples like this. Not making excuses for Tiger, and maybe he's just a drunk. Hope not. Hope he gets his s*&% together.

He blew 0.00 on two alcohol tests. Safe to say he was under the influence of the prescription drugs. I just hope he's not addicted to them. Like you said, they are powerful and we already saw one mega celebrity die from them last year.

"I was in California golfing!" Just a normal reaction to medicine. You never know how it might effect you. You might think you were on the opposite coast of the country performing a task that you are physically incapable of but really no harm, no foul. seriosuly, Tiger can't be expected to take these medications responsibly. The whole thing is a crap shoot really.

Mr woods was asleep behind the wheel of a running car at 3AM, He was unable to follow simple instructions, lacked required motor skills to be able lift his foot 6 inches off the ground and remain in balance,He didn't know where he was, and asked the cop how far away from home he was- --- Oh Basic, normal reaction to pain meds. trust me, I know people on pain meds

THIS is why tiger controversies are so delicious. Not about TW, It's not about celebrating another public embarrasment, it's watching in stunned amusement the insane lengths guys will go to defend him in the face of the indefensible.

If you're going to load up on these medications because you need them for pain management, fine. That is not license to do whatever you want, to be totally irresponsible. He`s a 41 year old man who`s had 4 serious back surgeries, if there`s a guy who should understand how pain medications effect him, it`s this guy.

I am seeing a number of people that are usually critical of TW that have sympathy.

Remarkable.

I haven't had experience with friends or family and prescription meds. Except one guy who was a friend of my moms friend. Older guy, ex cop, had an operation and got hooked on oxy very severely.

Seems a lot of people, TW fans or not, have sympathy based on personal experience themselves or with family.

I am president of the TW fan club, but it seems there is a chance he is playing with fire here and maybe on the precipice of a black hole. Hope not, but these drugs seem very dangerous.

You're probably referring to me. I have had a couple DWIs and I paid the price for them. Never did it intentionally or maliciously but I have paid my debt to society and know the gravity of driving under the influence and the effect it can have on so many.

Honestly, having driven drunk and driven after little sleep (for days on end) - I found driving with little to no sleep more dangerous, if people want to really widen this discussion (which I won't have time for as I go to work soon).

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Today is a challenging time for TW haterz. They went to sleep last night thinking they had achieved their life-long goal in bringing down the man, only to be greatly disappointed this morning. I can't imagine how badly the haterz must feel right now, it's devastating. If you have any friends or family who are TW haterz (rare for haterz to have friends, but it's happens sometimes) please give them a call right now and make sure they are okay. If they mention any thoughts about suicide then please refer them to a suicide hotline or mental hospital ASAP.

You make it sound like he was parked in lot

He was in the street. With the car running. With the blinker on

I'm not a hater but good grief there is 42 red flags and not in the conversation is the fact that dui=dwi. Same same.

There's a huge problem here and it isn't me

I have an addictive personality and have had surgeries.

so many people whistling in the dark.

I propose the site should be renames specwrx, this whole thread is nothing but pure speculation on everyone's part stated as fact. You wonder why people with his fame bash the media and be standoffish and reclusive. According to this thread TW has a serious addiction problem with pain pills and is a detriment to himself and society. How dare he be out till 3 in the morning. I mean a single billionaire out late, WTF? I was out till almost 4 the other other night with a couple of lovely gals and I have dozens of dollars in my bank account.

Could be he had taken his meds and had one drink and thought he'd be fine, got behind the wheel and didn't want to chance it. Threw it in P turned on some tunes and went to sleep, that is a possible scenario. Also possible he was impaired as shitake and made a horrible decision.

I will not speculate on on what really happened and wish him all the best.

Not all who wander are lost.

M1 440 8.5 Kuru Kage X
TEE cb2 15 X
Taylormade M1 5 wood speeder S
Cobra amp cell pro 3-pw X100
Cobra Tour Trusty 53-58 X100
T.P Mills RS

FOR THE THIRD TIME: IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TAKE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AND DRIVE.

Until someone proves it otherwise, those of you saying it is are talking out of your as--s

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

I propose the site should be renames specwrx, this whole thread is nothing but pure speculation on everyone's part stated as fact. You wonder why people with his fame bash the media and be standoffish and reclusive. According to this thread TW has a serious addiction problem with pain pills and is a detriment to himself and society. How dare he be out till 3 in the morning. I mean a single billionaire out late, WTF? I was out till almost 4 the other other night with a couple of lovely gals and I have dozens of dollars in my bank account.

Could be he had taken his meds and had one drink and thought he'd be fine, got behind the wheel and didn't want to chance it. Threw it in P turned on some tunes and went to sleep, that is a possible scenario. Also possible he was impaired as shitake and made a horrible decision.

I will not speculate on on what really happened and wish him all the best.

LOL STRONG passive brag post of the year candidate right here folks.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

He blew 0.00 on two alcohol tests. Safe to say he was under the influence of the prescription drugs. I just hope he's not addicted to them. Like you said, they are powerful and we already saw one mega celebrity die from them last year.

Yeah, thanks for the clarification. All I have heard is the very early hearsay. So, I'm not up on all the reports since. Man...prescription pain killers can really be brutal. They can knock down the mightiest of guys. I went cold turkey and stuck it out. But, I highly doubt most can do it that way. It's tough...

If Tigger doesn't make a conscious effort to hang them up indefinitely he's going to kill himself. I hope he gets the help he needs. Once you go down the medicated pain management rabbit hole there's no coming back without outside assistance. He still has a lot to contribute to the game without competing. I don't know if he would agree.

Taylormade Sim 2 9.0 Project X Hzrdus Blue 60G | Mizuno JPX 919 Forged on KBS T120 | Cobra FlyZ 3W | Cobra FlyZ 5h | Bettinardi Studio Stock 2 Olympic Bronze | Vice Pro |

I'm not a hater but good grief there is 42 red flags and not in the conversation is the fact that dui=dwi. Same same.

For some, if you have a different opinion, or disagree with what they say, you are at minimum a "hater". And that's if they are being nice. :-)

There's nothing to see here. Right. Meanwhile, if this were any PGA tour player it would be a story, and not an insignificant one, complete with mug shot, details and follow up. It wouldn't dent mainstream media more than very briefly but golf forums would cover and analyze extensively.

I'm glad it wasn't alcohol. Tiger deserves a second act. I refuse to believe he won't return to prominence, at least for a while, given his dominance at every stage. I default to big picture logic.

However, the deflection is not warranted.

Most laughable of all is the paranoia toward media. That's one of the great litmus tests...opinion of the mainstream media. My friends and I use that all the time in Las Vegas to gauge the caliber of newcomers to the sportsbook scene. Traditional media is a tremendous resource and will continue to thrive. That's the residue of persistence and truth. Social media, on the other hand, allows petrified simpletons with their own tortured versions to pretend they know something, backed up by fellow simpletons with similar torture. There's a reason hackers and carnival barkers desperately target social media, knowing they can't dent or fool backboned mainstream.

Every single person who has received a dwi has responded in exactly the same manner as this scenario.

Cop:"how much have you had to drink tonight Mr Callawayjay?"

Me:"a couple"

Cop:"Gee whiz Mr Callawayjay. Just 2? Sorry to bother you. Be on your way and be careful"

In 1995 Michael Irvin was arrested in Dallas with a ton of coke and 2 prostitutes at a residence inn.

His first response? "Not my drugs"

"Mr Woods? The car is running and your foot was on the brakes. What are you doing out at 3am?"

"Playing golf in LA"

Did I get that right?

There! Denial isn't a river in Egypt but rather a self defense self preservation mechanism

That's my issue

Period

For some, if you have a different opinion, or disagree with what they say, you are at minimum a "hater". And that's if they are being nice. :-)

I like his creative spelling of "haterz". He must have been crack-a-lackin' to come up with that one.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

So are the speculative critics.

He was found by police in a running car that he sat in the driver seat of, unconscious.he was awoken and observed to be incoherent and unable to perform basic field sobriety tests or even walk on his own. He was then arrested and later charged with DUI and he has, iirc, a july court date.

ZERO speculation necessary.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

It IS illegal to drive while impaired by an intoxicating substance whether alcohol, illegal drugs, prescription meds, or even OTC meds. It's the impairment, not the substance.

In most states, it is the "operation" of a motor vehicle while under the influence that is illegal. There is case law defining "operation," and it does not require the vehicle to be moving or even the vehicle to be in "Drive."

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

And no it's not illegal to take prescription meds and drive, but it is illegal if it somehows impairs your ability to drive safely. So why even risk it?

I don't care about the plethora of people that do it without harm. It's obvious that it can happen at any moment

Again.

Narcissists gonna narcissist

Rules or personal responsibility don't apply to me!

He was found by police in a running car that he sat in the driver seat of, unconscious.he was awoken and observed to be incoherent and unable to perform basic field sobriety tests or even walk on his own. He was then arrested and later charged with DUI and he has, iirc, a july court date.

ZERO speculation necessary.

Which means nothing to the people following this thread...

Why was Tiger out at 3 AM?

Did he know how the pills would affect him?

Where was he going?

Etc...

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

Just maybe..... he had engine on because it's hot and humid in Florida and wanted the AC on so he can nap....give the man a break. He even had his seat belt on.

[center][size=3][b][color=gray]Callaway EPIC [/color][/b][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b] [/b][/color][color=gray][b]10[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]5 Accra Tour Z 255[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Titleist 913F [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 15[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b] & 19[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Titleist 913H [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 24[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]PXG 0311[/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b] [b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Xtreme Dark 5-PW [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Smoke Nippon NS Pro 999GH[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Vokey SM6 F Grind[/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b] [b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] Jet Black [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 50[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]8 & 56[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]14 [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] Smoke Nippon NS Pro 999GH[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Scotty Cameron [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Newport II TOUR SSS @350g 33" Mid-Size Baby "t"[/b][/color][/size][/center]

FOR THE THIRD TIME: IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO TAKE PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION AND DRIVE.

Until someone proves it otherwise, those of you saying it is are talking out of your as--s

It's illegal to drive if the prescription drugs impair you. Being passed out at the wheel is strong evidence of impairment

It's the impairment part that makes drinking(or smoking or scripts) and driving illegal. Not necessarily just having a drink or a joint or whatever makes driving illegal.

Alcohol is really the only chemical, though, that has a legal limit (I think it's called a per se DUI where even if there's no evidence of impairment, you blow a .08 and it's a DUI). Some places have things for MJ, but iirc there still somewhat legally questionable as MJ stays in your system much longer than alcohol and doesn't have as clean a correlation to impairment

And no it's not illegal to take prescription meds and drive, but it is illegal if it somehows impairs your ability to drive safely. So why even risk it?

I don't care about the plethora of people that do it without harm. It's obvious that it can happen at any moment

Again.

Narcissists gonna narcissist

Rules or personal responsibility don't apply to me!

I've got prescription meds that say "make make you drowsy or dizzy", only they don't affect me that way at all. I've had other meds with warnings that didn't apply. Most of those "warnings" are just that, not definitive for all people in all cases.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"