146th Open Championship at Royal Birkdale

i*windows

Tiger would have been a jerk to Jordan all day, since Tiger was looking to win with any edge he could get. I think that Kuchar could have likely increased his chances to win if he'd have been a jerk to jordan, but that's not his style. I'm not saying Kuchar should have done that, but I think it would have helped his cause.

You know, that would be pretty fun, a healthy Tiger battling Spieth on the back 9 on Sunday at a major. Hmmm...who would blink first?

Tiger-If my knee wasn't so jacked up I would scale that dune and kick his a**.

Jordan-Hey old man, have some patience, you got some place better to be?

Imagine the ratings.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger would have been a jerk to Jordan all day, since Tiger was looking to win with any edge he could get. I think that Kuchar could have likely increased his chances to win if he'd have been a jerk to jordan, but that's not his style. I'm not saying Kuchar should have done that, but I think it would have helped his cause.

I always felt like the guys that tried to get in my head, or piss me off were not confident that their golf game could beat me.

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

Kuch had an opportunity to put more pressure on Speith and the officials by going over and asking what was taking so long, fist bumping Speith after a 20 minute interuption after being warned about time repeatedly was very generous of spirit, maybe if he refuses and tells Speith to hurry up and play his shot in hes been waiting long enough it could have had an effect. But aw shucks hes just a lovely guy.

Tell Jordan to hurry up? You mean "Hurry up and get the ruling"? How does that work?

I'm not sure some of you most vociferous critics actually watched what happened. Also, if roles had been reversed, and Kuchar had a situation that took that long, would you post, "Kuchar clearly effected Spieth and Jordan should have walked over and said "Hurry up Matt!" or is this just pure Spieth hate?

I dont hate Speith at all I think Kuch could have got in his head there though, and I did watch it, I certainly wouldnt have been fist bumping the guy Im trying to beat with holes to play anyway.

Edit: and i meant instead of going in for the fist bump he could have said go hit your next shot ive waited long enough.

He was accepting Jordan's apology with his gesture. Seems like they both acted like gentlemen and professionally. No need for anyone to act like a jerk to get in someone's head.

Get in Jordan's head?!! Might have pi$$ed him off and he would have finished: ace, eagle, birdie, eagle, birdie instead.

+1 to this. Kuch handled it like he only would, with patience and class.

Pissing Jordan off probably would not have effected the outcome.

Now on the other hand, if Kuch would have trotted to the top of the hill and looked at his watch, that might have affected things a little bit. YJS was taking his time to calm down and make the best decision (as someone else mentioned)

You know, that would be pretty fun, a healthy Tiger battling Spieth on the back 9 on Sunday at a major. Hmmm...who would blink first?

Imagine the ratings.

TW in his prime would be laughing since

He'd be winning by 15 strokes

Tiger%2BWoods%2B2000%2BU.S.%2BOpen%2BPGAPappas%2BPete%2BPappas.jpg

Imagine the ratings.

LOL, you might have me there....... :) Let's just pretend that next year a surgically repaired Tiger and Jordan have a Dual in the Sun moment....lots of fun. Oh, what am I thinking, it's just not going to happen.

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Kuch had an opportunity to put more pressure on Speith and the officials by going over and asking what was taking so long, fist bumping Speith after a 20 minute interuption after being warned about time repeatedly was very generous of spirit, maybe if he refuses and tells Speith to hurry up and play his shot in hes been waiting long enough it could have had an effect. But aw shucks hes just a lovely guy.

Tell Jordan to hurry up? You mean "Hurry up and get the ruling"? How does that work?

I'm not sure some of you most vociferous critics actually watched what happened. Also, if roles had been reversed, and Kuchar had a situation that took that long, would you post, "Kuchar clearly effected Spieth and Jordan should have walked over and said "Hurry up Matt!" or is this just pure Spieth hate?

I'm with you. And if the critics did actually watch what happened, then they damn sure didn't pay attention. I've got a feeling that they were either running their mouth during the whole 20 minutes or were busy posting their crap on Golfwrx. And that's what kept them from paying attention. And that's why there are so many downright ignorant comments.

Imagine the ratings.

Thanks for posting that pic though, it's hard to imagine such utter and sheer dominance as Tiger had in that US Open. The greatest tournament in golf history, hands down, nothing is close. The look on Ernie's face says it all, he was never the same after that, nor was much of the rest of the field. They all knew they had no chance if Tiger was on his game. Now I will say Jordan didn't have to live through that experience, he was just a small child, so he has no mental scar tissue from it. So he might have a chance....no. never mind.

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

I dont hate Speith at all I think Kuch could have got in his head there though, and I did watch it, I certainly wouldnt have been fist bumping the guy Im trying to beat with holes to play anyway.

Edit: and i meant instead of going in for the fist bump he could have said go hit your next shot ive waited long enough.

He was accepting Jordan's apology with his gesture. Seems like they both acted like gentlemen and professionally. No need for anyone to act like a jerk to get in someone's head.

Get in Jordan's head?!! Might have pi$$ed him off and he would have finished: ace, eagle, birdie, eagle, birdie instead.

Id say it would more likely have a negative effect on him, since he is a nice guy and seems very non confrontational I think it would have put him out of his comfort zone.

Why is it when someone has a different opinion, one that does not adhere to the narrative, they are a "hater"?

I admit if I was able to play out there I would be hated. I play quickly, without excessive delays. And I'll admit Jordan does do a lot of things that bug me. I get that he's trying to get the best possible outcome from a bad situation, but to me there's also a point where it shouldn't be taking this long.

So during next Club Championship you are leading by one and you take unplayable, but decide not to walk back to tee but to drop in knee high grass. Just to play quickly.

I didn't say that. But I would decide quickly which was the best option and proceed. Shouldn't take long to make up my mind. "Hey I can't play and it's all crap, can I go back on a line? Ok good. How far back to a clean look? Ok good let me drop. Temporary obstruction? Ok move to side." That shouldn't take over 20 minutes tbh.

I admit if I was able to play out there I would be hated. I play quickly, without excessive delays. And I'll admit Jordan does do a lot of things that bug me. I get that he's trying to get the best possible outcome from a bad situation, but to me there's also a point where it shouldn't be taking this long.

So during next Club Championship you are leading by one and you take unplayable, but decide not to walk back to tee but to drop in knee high grass. Just to play quickly.

I didn't say that. But I would decide quickly which was the best option and proceed. Shouldn't take long to make up my mind. "Hey I can't play and it's all crap, can I go back on a line? Ok good. How far back to a clean look? Ok good let me drop. Temporary obstruction? Ok move to side." That shouldn't take over 20 minutes tbh.

Cool. Now put a giant sand dune blocking your view of the flagline.

Then put some trucks blocking your view of the sand dune, which is blocking your view of the flagline.

Then try to, once again, with a dune in the way, find the flagline to ascertain the line of sight relief from a different angle.

Then add more than one clublength but not more than two from there.

Okay now you are free to play. Oh yeah, you're trying to win a Club Championship (Major), no pressure!

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

What if in your club championship past there were millions of people watching on TV and any one of them could call in if it was even minutely done in the wrong fashion, and that penalty would be assessed somewhere later in the round that you were unaware. AND in your championship they had a roving official who could come and make sure you did every part of it correctly, AND it was worth a cool 2m. I'm guessing it'd take a bit longer than you'd imagine.

Why is it when someone has a different opinion, one that does not adhere to the narrative, they are a "hater"?

Because it requires an emotional motivation to arrive at some of these bizarre conclusions that are beyond reason and logic. The only two emotions that blind people to reason are hate and love. I'm pretty sure the "Kuchar should have made a huge scene and told Speeaaeith what the what for was!!!!" crowd doesn't love Spieth.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Because it requires an emotional motivation to arrive at some of these bizarre conclusions that are beyond reason and logic. The only two emotions that blind people to reason are hate and love. I'm pretty sure the "Kuchar should have made a huge scene and told Speeaaeith what the what for was!!!!" crowd doesn't love Spieth.

You are misrepresenting and misquoting what I said and making incorrect and illogical leaps in your 'logic'. Maybe you are the one blinded by love rather than me by hate because I have no negative emotional feeling towards Speith at all.

I swear to God I get dumber every time I read posts like this. The internet is making people dumber not smarter.

THIS

People aren't getting dumber but the internet permits dumber people to express an opinion that we all read. I suspect that they like to gather beneath bridges, waiting for topics like this to rumble across their bridge so they can troll we passing folks. Have to ignore them, they aren't dangerous.

I'm with you. And if the critics did actually watch what happened, then they damn sure didn't pay attention. I've got a feeling that they were either running their mouth during the whole 20 minutes or were busy posting their crap on Golfwrx. And that's what kept them from paying attention. And that's why there are so many downright ignorant comments.

Give an opinion im a measured way that differs from yours= Stupid/Ignorant

Disagree with consensus or offer a different take on what happened=Blinded by hate

I dont put you down for your views I just express my own and respect the fact that others have different opinions. Its not possible to have a conversation with people who blow up and slate you because you dont agree with them or see things in a different way.

I have watched the whole 13th saga with Jordan several times now and have found it very interesting and instructive.

I think I have learnt more from what happened, than I have from any other 30 minutes on the course for a long time. Not just the application of the rules, but also Spieth's clarity of thinking, and how he was thinking - his strategy, when he could have taken a huge number to hand Kuchar the Open. Making bogie there was critical to staying in contention, and then "the magic": Jordan's fabulous run home to secure his "Champion Golfer of the Year" title!

Wow! Stunning & impressive!

If I had given away a three shot lead in the first 4 holes of the final round of the Open and then hit a drive 100 yards off line, my brain would have been so scrambled I wouldn't know what to do. It would have taken a team of therapists to straighten me out.

yes, I'm with you. And then in the post-round interview when we say "well, after I lost that lead, "WE" had to get my head on straight"....well, then maybe the likes of Paul Zinger would understand that we meant "WE"....

FORE RIGHT!!!!