2017-18 NFL Thread

CrabDaddy

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doubt Kirk goes to Cleveland... while he does clearly care about $$$... he cares about winning, guy is certainly passionate about the game. Cleveland is where players go to collect checks and become forgotten. (Aside from that legend Joe Thomas!)

"certainly passionate about the game and cares about winning."

That indeed is Cousins. Nice work sir.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

27459959_1814336748613005_6459175154395709682_n.jpg?oh=44494a3bb1e28b69ce29e7632a059931&oe=5ADEB152

Granted they made a lot of special teams mistakes in the very next game but Alex Smith was basically a no show in the second half of offense against the 9-7 Giants that year... believe me, I am NO fan of the Giants and was pulling for the 49ers, but there was no excuse to lose that game to the Giants... Not all on Smith but he seems to have a knack for not getting it done.

Dude the Niners had that game all but locked up then the Williams decided to muff a punt and then lose another one giving the Giants 10 points. That was a defensive slugfest

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

doubt Kirk goes to Cleveland... while he does clearly care about $$$... he cares about winning, guy is certainly passionate about the game. Cleveland is where players go to collect checks and become forgotten. (Aside from that legend Joe Thomas!)

"certainly passionate about the game and cares about winning."

That indeed is Cousins. Nice work sir.

good guy, loves the game, wants to win... BUT won't ever get over the fact that he was taken in the 4th round, behind RGIII and then beat him out 2.5 years later and didn't get praised publicly by everyone (including God).

Plus, he likes money... but we all like money haha

Granted they made a lot of special teams mistakes in the very next game but Alex Smith was basically a no show in the second half of offense against the 9-7 Giants that year... believe me, I am NO fan of the Giants and was pulling for the 49ers, but there was no excuse to lose that game to the Giants... Not all on Smith but he seems to have a knack for not getting it done.

Dude the Niners had that game all but locked up then the Williams decided to muff a punt and then lose another one giving the Giants 10 points. That was a defensive slugfest

What One Putt said is true but if I remember correctly Alex had zero completions to a WR in that game...

What One Putt said is true but if I remember correctly Alex had zero completions to a WR in that game...

ARGH I hate having to go back and look at this game thanks for digging it up and re opening the Williams wounds

Smith was 12/26 196 2 td 0 int 1 pass to Crabtree for 3 yards This game highlighted the need for a true no 1 WR in SF that they still havent found. Thus signing future failures Moss and Manningham in the offseason. The Duo of Crabtree and Kylie Williams proved to be a non threatening tandem to match up against a very good NYG secondary. You could place the blame in a lot of areas in this game. 1 being the dual Williams muffed punts, 1a Harbaughs notorious conservative play calling. 3: Inability of Crabtree or Williams to create separation and get open. Was it a highlight reel game for Smith like N.O. was absolutely not, but he did what he needed too and kept the ball safe and managed a close game that had SF in the lead until Williams got stone hands

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

ARGH I hate having to go back and look at this game thanks for digging it up and re opening the Williams wounds

Smith was 12/26 196 2 td 0 int 1 pass to Crabtree for 3 yards This game highlighted the need for a true no 1 WR in SF that they still havent found. Thus signing future failures Moss and Manningham in the offseason. The Duo of Crabtree and Kylie Williams proved to be a non threatening tandem to match up against a very good NYG secondary. You could place the blame in a lot of areas in this game. 1 being the dual Williams muffed punts, 1a Harbaughs notorious conservative play calling. 3: Inability of Crabtree or Williams to create separation and get open. Was it a highlight reel game for Smith like N.O. was absolutely not, but he did what he needed too and kept the ball safe and managed a close game that had SF in the lead until Williams got stone hands

Besides the obvious of Williams f'ing up.... I remember yelling at Smith through my TV.... I really like Alex Smith and like I said he can get the job done but he is not going to WIN much, he can keep a team from losing though. Alex Smith is the type of dude to walk a mile out of his way just to use a crosswalk and be "safe".

That's all I'm saying... Smith doesn't suck, he just doesn't seem to get it done, whether thats him or those around him, sometimes guys just can't seem to find a way to win.

That Niners/Giants game was crazy for sure, a tough battle. As much as I hate the Giants, they play with a lot of heart... at least they did then. Again, I'm not saying Alex Smith sucks, he doesn't .. It just reminds me of Romo. Guy has skill and knowledge but just can't seem to get it to all fall into place. Haven't the Chiefs been one and done a couple times in the playoffs with Smith? Maybe I am remembering that incorrectly. Either way, I don't see him hurting Washington at all... maybe this will be the formula he needs and the players around him he needs to get things done. Will be interesting.

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"

From Jimmy Kimmel Live it's Guillermo at the Super Bowl Media Day.

a must see gents.

Living in the DC metro area and listening to sports talk radio in this area is hurting, to say the least.

You have some that have sugarcoated the trade by saying since Cousins would not commit early they had to make a deal quick. I don't think the front office was keen on drafting a rookie Qb in the first round.

Out of the veterans, Smith represented the best of the lot. Was he better than Cousins? I do not think so. Cousins put up great numbers considering he played in an offense that lost more starters than any in recent memory.

Terrelle Pryor was a dud, Chris Thompson is gone, their starting running back gone, inside linemen gone, Jordan Reed on the shelf, Crowder played hurt all year.

Meanwhile, Smith had his best year with a star-studded Chiefs offense. Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill and the second best tight end in the league, Travis Kelce. How is Smith going to do with the scrubs we have on offense. They still need a true number one receiver, true number one running back, what are they going to do with the chronically injured Jordan Reed? And when is Chris Thompson going to be fully healed?

They gave up a really good prospect who was grading out as a number one draft pick at defensive end Will Fuller, who will be starting for the Chiefs this year as a slot corner and outside corner, valuable indeed, and a third-round draft pick. "Holy White RG3 all over again!"

Besides the obvious of Williams f'ing up.... I remember yelling at Smith through my TV.... I really like Alex Smith and like I said he can get the job done but he is not going to WIN much, he can keep a team from losing though. Alex Smith is the type of dude to walk a mile out of his way just to use a crosswalk and be "safe".

I will always love Alex Smith lol. But lets call a spade a spade, Alex was so broken by Nolan that since then he's been an extremely risk averse QB who will not throw into traffic. He went downfield more this year, but with the fastest WR in the league running go routes…..you just throw it as far as you can if it isn't completed, it would be incomplete. If it comes to threading needles, with potential turnover…..hes not going to do it.

As for that game against the Giants, he had no WRs, and KW lost that game singlehandedly but also the 3rd down conversion rate by Alex and the offense was pretty bad and he came up conservative in some big moments. While it was surely not his fault, and he had a very Alex game, he also didn't ensure we won. Also didn't help Hoculi negated a clear fumble by bradshaw late with a terrible forward progress whistle. Granted should have been enough to win, but with those turnovers an offense struggling to put up more than 14 points…thats a thin margin of error.

As for Alex in Washington, they could do a lot worse. The amount they gave up is a lot, don't have the supporting cast as KC, but Smith will keep Jays system going fine. He's never been that guy who will win you the game when you are down a score and need points…but going out there, running your system and avoiding turnovers, there is none better. If you love watching a 4 yard check down on 3rd and 8…..get your popcorn ready.

Basically Alex is a Toyota Camry, solid, reliable, no frills…….Kirk is a Toyota Camry sport, with leather seats, a backup cam, and Cd changer…..a little more pizazz and style but ultimately still a camry lol.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Custom Lajosi DD201

WITB

Welcome to MN (lol)

27544597_2419945244897972_2415178336598960233_n.jpg?oh=eabbee78c89600e85c112a50270bea56&oe=5ADD84F0

No damn chance hitting the range for a large bucket with that forecast.

Throw up your predicted outcome for the Super Bowl friends.

I say

Eagles 27

Patriots 24

My friend E.C. from here in Asheville has

Eagles 45

Patriots 34

philadelphia_eagles_logo_iron-on_transfers_heat_transfers_n1639.jpg

Welcome to MN (lol)

27544597_2419945244897972_2415178336598960233_n.jpg?oh=eabbee78c89600e85c112a50270bea56&oe=5ADD84F0

we do what we gotta do...

SnowGolf.jpg

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I say

Eagles 27

Patriots 24

Eagles 45

Patriots 34

No no no no...no. Just no.

America's Team 25

Eagles 13

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Welcome to MN (lol)

SnowGolf.jpg

A real sincere tip of the Northstars vintage ski hat/toque to the effort and the passion there Joe. Bravo

I say

Eagles 27

Patriots 24

Eagles 45

Patriots 34

No no no no...no. Just no.

America's Team 25

Eagles 13

Sir Joe from the land of 10,000 lakes

As a NFL fan of over 45 years, I was thinking early of the Dynasty that is N. England and was feeling the

Patriots cover and it would be an under 48.

Yet today I said the Eagles have a defense that can score, and they took care of ATL and MINN with ease (cough).

So today I came to me - it's going to be the Eagles run through the playoffs that we will be talking about Monday morning .

I do feel it still will be and under and I just tossed up a number in my prediction above.

Maybe my Redskins should have waited a touch longer. Nick Foles will be available.

lol nope I'll take Alex over Nick.

Welcome to MN (lol)

SnowGolf.jpg

Straight beyond the flag stick is a real crappy looking dump of a place. What do the courses in the wealthy areas look like? This looks like a goat track to me.

Welcome to MN (lol)

SnowGolf.jpg

Straight beyond the flag stick is a real crappy looking dump of a place. What do the courses in the wealthy areas look like? This looks like a goat track to me.

It's actually just a pic I picked off of Google. lol

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Super Bowl Sunday has arrived and we have again the New England Patriots with Brady, Belichick, and Gronk leading a cast of usual suspects. No Edelman you say, sub-Danny Amendola, no Blount you say, he's there but just not on the same side of the field. Sub Rex Burkhead, Dion Lewis and pass catching James White who in my opinion led the charge last year in the 4th quarter. But as always you will see some guy who sat on the bench most of the season make the play that turns the game decidedly in New England's favor. A gadget play in the 4th quarter perhaps. Maybe the referee giving Tom Brady the benefit of the doubt as he fumbles the ball away.

That's how it usually goes. But this is Philly you say. A team that has been to the dance a couple of times and come up short twice. However, those teams had the crying Dick Vermeil and the loveable playoff loser Andy Reid as head coaches.

That's not how Doug Pederson rolls... "Screw the injury to Carson Wentz, we have Foles!" We will see your running back trio and raise you Ajayi, Blount, and Clement and ring the Liberty Bell and the winning coach from the land where Eagles fly will say to the man who is now 0-3 against all from the East...No man is an island entire of itself, each piece is of a continent, therefore do not pretend not to know for whom the Bell Tolls...b****!

Fly Eagles FLY!!!

Wishful Thinking now I need my coffee.

Patriots 27 Eagles 17

Patriots and the Under. I just forced myself to vomit and truly pray that I am wrong on this day when Eagles better fly high! GO EAGLES! cute-girl-huge-eagle.jpg

Boys the above post is the news many of us have been anxiously awaiting all week.

The Champion prognosticator of this thread has made his prediction regarding the Super Bowl outcome.

Doctoro wants as so many do the Eagles to find a way to pull this game out, but yet believes it is unlikely to happen.

NFC East Power baby.

Insufferable region between ME-CT 31

City of Brotherly Maliciousness 23

from an anonymous source

I really could not care less about this game and hope to just watch golf over and over... LOL But for fun, I will say,

Pats 31

Eagles 24

I want to say that PHI will for the most part shut down the Pats O, but this IS Tom Terrific and he has been there before as has B.B. a few times.... Eagles come out hot but NE adjusts and guts out the win.

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"