• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

Any tips for me, playing Rattlewood tomorrow?

I was thinking to try taking less than 38 putts.

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

I cant believe how happy I am having only had to plan #scotland2018 for 4 people.

As Kent told me (should of listened)

Book it all and tell people whats happening.. do not try to make everyone happy

Did that and added a round most people did not want to play on our last Pinehurst trip.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Any tips for me, playing Rattlewood tomorrow?

I was thinking to try taking less than 38 putts.

Not 3 putting would b a good start, but greens can get quick from above the hole and there are some undulations there. There are some blind tee shots, so try to plan ahead. Aggressive swings to conservative targets on those holes in particular. The fairways are pretty generous, and there is typically one “good” side to miss on. Play decent and you all definitely can score well here.

More:

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/rattlewoodgc/overview.htm

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Cant believe how freaking nice it was out this morning.

Last night I could not make contact with the ball, it was like forgetting how to swing. Every iron shot I hit the middle of the ball - not the middle of the clubface, the middle of the ball. Clanking everything but somehow they were still winding up on the green. Driving game went from an A to a C- but I rolled in three long putts, two were to save par. Three birdies to go with 8 bogies and a double. No idea what was going on really, got back out this morning to try and work through some of the cobwebs.

Nice this morning to be able to wear a regular glove and not have your grips be covered in sweat. Last night was cooler tempwise but felt so much more humid even than last weekend.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Solid day at Rattlewood. Played with Go_Time, WillBoyrd and non Wrx poster T Farrrell. We played the tips and it really didn’t make a big difference than from the whites other than a few holes. It was really chilly at first but evolved into PERFECT, albeit breezy conditions.

I played much worse than a few weeks ago where I had a career round at Rattlewood. Oh well. I’m playing so much golf I feel like my game/body/“swing” is kind of falling apart. Will try and take a little time off after WM tomorrow morning.

WillBoyrd was a pleasure to play with. He can sting it off the tee and hit some good approaches. He was automatic with the 30-50 yd short side flop shots too. Impressive. Will play again w/ him on the 270 corridor soon I’m sure.

Go_Time wasn’t feeling it on the front but might have gone under par on the back. He was really managing. He made a Re-tee par on the par 5 tenth. Going re-tee driver 4i to 5 feet. He then drove 15 and narrowly missed a 15-20 footer for eagle. Highly impressive.

PS got a chance to play White Marsh Valley Country Club on Friday in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Stunk up the joint there too but man that place was pure. Reminded me of Oakmont.

Early morning round at Rattlewood was a blast. Played with HBD, Go_Time from this thread and another awesome Hiver.

Start was kinda rough, horrible drive on 2 led to a 3 from the tee triple bogey. Luckily I was scrambling my butt off, only took 29 putts on the day after switching to using my wife’s putter, not sure if the dudes noticed the pink superstroke lol. Ended up with an 85, which was about right. I left a couple strokes out there but got a few up and down from places I had no business being.

HBD didn’t have his A-game but was also victim of some awful breaks. Hit a green side sprinkler head on 18 that ricocheted his ball into a tiny, wasp-infested bunker behind the green. One of the worst breaks I’d seen in a while.

Go_Time straight up murders golf balls. He had a rough stretch on the front but still had more than a few good shots sprinkled in. Gets to the back, has to take 3 from the tee after a poor first drive on the uphill par 5 10th hole.. Proceeds to absolutely rip his drive and get up and in from 220 for one of the more ridonkulous pars you’ll ever see. Later on on the back, he drove the green on a 320 par 4 and the eagle putt did everything but drop. Not sure what he shot but might have been in the red on the back.

All in all, a great morning on the course. Rattlewood was a fun track. Fairly open but has some quirks that make you sit up and pay attention. Hope to play with HBD and Go_Time again soon!

[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Played the Back 9 at Black Rock this morning. Finished just before noon after waiting to join a twosome coming off of 9. Got a hold of the drives on the Par 4 11th and on the 13th but I had the high SSSSSSSSSSSSSSLICE the rest of the way.

3 wood helped on the tee aside from the first tee ball which was a fade into the right side trees on 10. Short game was sharp, overall. Had a few tricky chips and pitches which I needed to take some practice cuts on to get a feel but they all ended up well, even hitting the pin on 16 with a short side pitch over a bunker.

15 was interesting. It was playing about 150 according to the rangefinder but the drop off the tee to me says play it either 5-8 yards short and run it up or look for the high flyer that will leave a heck of an imprint on the green to try and stop it. Went for the runner and pulled 7 iron. Turned over the first ball and into the water it went. Grabbed another ball and ran it up to just short of pin high in the left semi-rough.

All in all, a fun round. Went to DQ for a blizzard, then DSG for shiggles, an Under Armour shirt, and a pair of shorts, then grabbed gas at the AC&T and back home.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

I'm normally the first one to make light of the fact that they mention Sam Saunders is Palmer's grandson every ten seconds. But I just read he is using Arnie's two ball putter from the 2004 Masters this weekend. OK, thats pretty cool.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

So nice outside. Having a beer at Bar Louie’s outdoor seating. Nobody is here. Beautiful.

Got in a good couple hours of short game practice at Sligo Creek of all places. Been neglecting it, and I wanted to be outside for obvious reasons.

hWiskey tomorrow with endless, Andy and 1 more who played at The Solstice. Gonna be a good time, regardless of score. Not feeling good about the long game or irons. Any score will undoubtedly be scraped together by chipping/putting/putting. Gonna be a fun challenge.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Good time this morning with VapeLord, Spaghetti, and Tommy F. Great company and fun was had. I did soil my pants throughout the front but went -1 on the back with an eagle putt that stopped halfway in the hole and another par putt that missed by the same. Such is life. Played this afternoon against my FIL in match play hack fest and decided to soil myself again all over the course. Will be diapering tomorrow at Worthington Manor just to be safe.

I will let VapeLord tell the story about Tommy F. and the racial injustice he and another player experienced prior to the round.

Good time this morning with VapeLord, Spaghetti, and Tommy F. Great company and fun was had. I did soil my pants throughout the front but went -1 on the back with an eagle putt that stopped halfway in the hole and another par putt that missed by the same. Such is life. Played this afternoon against my FIL in match play hack fest and decided to soil myself again all over the course. Will be diapering tomorrow at Worthington Manor just to be safe.

I will let VapeLord tell the story about Tommy F. and the racial injustice he and another player experienced prior to the round.

How did I miss this story?!?!

Also, beginning think you’re all full of crap about using the ‘uh-oh spaghetti-o’ needle after my poor drives. I have given ample opportunities and have yet to hear it lol

The diapering comment sounds about right for me tomorrow as well.

Go_Time and I were chatting at the practice area and I overheard two guys discussing how a member of their group would be running close to late because he got pulled over for speeding on the way to the course. Got a ticket. These guys are right in front of us.

My buddy Tommy F lets me know he’s running late to our tee time because he had to turn around and retrieve his newly regripped clubs at his house. He shows up about 15 mins early and rushes to hit and putt a few. Before first tee he’s got a story to tell. He was speeding bad to get back to course and was pulled over. Cop noticed fresh regripped clubs in back seat. Tommy starts convo with officer in addition to having discourse about a 74 in a 55. Officer is sympathetic to rushing to a tee time and lets him off with a warning.

Odds are this probably wasn’t the same road and the same cop. Tommy F is Caucasian and the other guy was not. Anything could of happened but the circumstantial evidence is worth a world deprecating chuckle.

I'm whiter than white and have gotten a ticket each time I've gotten pulled over. Bad Luck Brian.

I grew up in St Louis County, where they all have their own police forces. Picture Montgomery County, but Bethesda, Rockville, Olney, Potomac, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Chevy Chase, Damascus, Clarksburg, etc, each have their own separate police. And they all get their revenue through tickets. My brother still lives there and goes through 5 different police districts in his 10 mile commute. If you live in their city you get special treatment, and if you don't you got a ticket. Anyway, it means I got a ticket if I got pulled over in a town 2 miles from my house, but if I got pulled over in my tiny town I was off the hook. And of course in a town that's 95% white they "know" when "certain people" don't "belong" and they get pulled over many times more often than I ever did.

Every time someone complains about the MoCo police or speed cameras, I chuckle about how good it is here in comparison to St Louis.

I just made that too serious, didn't I.

The course they're playing for the Irish Open looks fun. It's brown, and beautiful. It looks like they mowed it out of a cow pasture, and dug out some bunkers.

Why don't we see courses grassed and conditioned like that over here? I wonder how much of it is soil and climate related, versus there just being a different perception about what a golf course should look and play like in the states.

This Irish open has been great coming down the stretch.

Very good.

Last half hour or so of the Tour De France has been great too. Man there is so much skill just to be a middle of the pack rider - literally - going 30+ mph all day.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

And that was all before Russell Knox Knoxed in a 50 footer on 18 for bird to take the outright lead.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Went 48/42 at Brambs this morning. On the back I had 6 pars, a triple, double, and a bogey. The new 917 D2 driver was meh. Probably going to keep my Ping SF Tec in the bag. But I am absolutely in love with the JPX900 hot metals. Holy schnikes those are fantastic. My fiance is getting kicked out of the bed and I'm sleeping with those irons tonight. On number 11 I duffed my drive, short in the rough. I whacked a 5 iron down the hill in the fairway and I had 135 back uphill to the stick. I pulled my 8 iron and clicked it. Knocked it to 1 foot for par. Only had 29 putts on the day and no 3 putts.

<3 my new irons.

I tried to hit the 917 d2 last year. I didn't hit a fairway for a month. Then I loaned it to Bae who is the straightest guy here and he couldn't hit a fairway with it.

OTOH all Mizuno Irons are sex.

Irish Open was crazy. Rooting for V3 today. There's a clip out there now where he's saying that if he wins his mom is going to tell him "you're not better than me" and he still needs to cut her grass Monday.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Man, watching Kevin Na lead a golf tournament is agonizing.