MD/DC/VA Golfers - This One Goes to Eleven

eagle1997

I have no idea what SO HI or WAAC are and googling them doesn't really seem to help. Unless SO HI are sandwiches or a town on Arizona.

Used to call him Kevin Nah. He's gotten a little better.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheCityGame

• FAbb

• eagle1997

• dcmidnight

WAAC is a Korean Golf company, WAAC stands for ‘win at all costs’. ‘So Hi’ is Southern Highlands GC in Las Vegas.

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

Anyone wanna play Wednesday morning?

An extremely rare opportunity for me to play some weekday golf.

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

So Hi: see HBD’s Solstice pic.

If you told me I’d hit 71% of fairways and shoot 81 today at WC before I teed off, I’d have taken it and felt good about it.

Tell me that after I’m even thru 8, and I’m less inclined.

Still a great day tho. Company was awesome: Lot of healthy ball busting and belly laughs.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

in the market for a range finder. i’m a cheap SOB so probably looking fir a decent used one. any recommendations or ones to stay aware from? thoughts are appreciated. thanks

I think you can get a new GolfBuddy for $129 on Golfetail or Rockbottomgolf.

Also, PrecisionPro has a wrx discount and a rebate, so it’s around the same price. I have one and once I figured out it was in meters, I really like it.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

in the market for a range finder. i’m a cheap SOB so probably looking fir a decent used one. any recommendations or ones to stay aware from? thoughts are appreciated. thanks

Tour trek has gotten good reviews and a cheaper range finder

Bushnell older models are on sale at Dicks

Also.. put a WTB ad and you can probably score a used range finder for cheap

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Like eagle said, Precision Pro offers a WRX discount and I think has a mail in rebate deal going on for the NX7. I've had a PP Nexus and currently have a NX7 Pro. I love the NX7 Pro. The Nexus was good but I had issues getting it to lock on to the flag...or rather I had issues telling if I was locked on to the flag or the trees behind it. The NX7 with the pulse/jolt is much easier to lock on. IMO it's worth the full $250 but is a great deal with the rebates.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

So I got fitted for a driver two weeks ago. Tried everything available. Settled for a Rogue. Been playing the demo model till my new one comes in this week. Played the blue tees today an shot 79 with 1 birdie 8 bogey the rest pars. This driver is legit giving me an extra 20 to 25 yds. This was a Ryder Cup event with the top 32 hdcpers playing. I hit more irons into greens than hydrids today. Have not hit the ball this far in a long time. I am making a bigger shoulder turn and have gained 10 yds with every other club. Pro told me to turn more, which I guess was something I stopped doing after the back/shoulder surgerys. Damn I felt 10 years younger. #nolongerashorthitter

So I got fitted for a driver two weeks ago. Tried everything available. Settled for a Rogue. Been playing the demo model till my new one comes in this week. Played the blue tees today an shot 79 with 1 birdie 8 bogey the rest pars. This driver is legit giving me an extra 20 to 25 yds. This was a Ryder Cup event with the top 32 hdcpers playing. I hit more irons into greens than hydrids today. Have not hit the ball this far in a long time. I am making a bigger shoulder turn and have gained 10 yds with every other club. Pro told me to turn more, which I guess was something I stopped doing after the back/shoulder surgerys. Damn I felt 10 years younger. #nolongerashorthitter

About time.. only been trying to get you to try a new driver for years now.

Good job Dad!

How is my future wife? Tell her I said hi.

protos F4

I also hit balls OB on #4, #5, #10, #12, and #15.

But on #3 I out drove them.

There is out of bounds at MV?

Never knew.. guess I have never driven the ball that bad there.

protos F4

Less sarcastically, there's OB on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 15. So more than half the holes.

The OB on #6, #9, and #11 aren't really in play, but the others are with a hook or slice.

I will have DC point them out to me next time...

Hook or slice.. why not hit it straight?

protos F4

Have you ever gone through a round where you hit 5 balls OB and then you come back to the thread and realize you should have just hit it straight? How embarrassing. Talk about egg on my face.

Naw.. i just do not talk about my rounds anymore.

I did regrip my putter after regripping it yesterday. Used an air compressor so easy peasy

Have a blue leather stitch master something pistol grip if anyone is interest.

Went extreme SS 5.0.. looks huge in my small hands. That is why I married a woman with smaller hands.. ;)

Bonus*

Playing Andrews tomorrow with a buddy...let you know if I hit ob or lose balls Sully

protos F4

Did you get your new putter? I saw something briefly on an IG story but couldn't tell.

Been rocking a Toulon Long Island all season. First time using a flow neck..

Cut down my Low Tide for my kiddo..

Just started tinkering with different weights for the bottom and even counter balancing it. So been chasing the dragon a bit.

You know normal WRX stuff.

I think I am finally onto something.. we will see.

protos F4

Rolled 39-42 at Brambleton. One of those days you feel like you shot the worst possible score. Killed the driver -- had GW or LW in on 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, 14, 16. Had a chance at the green on 3 of 4 par 5s and hit terrible shots every time. Wedges and putter were straight trash. Missed the green on 6 of those 7. 3 3 putts, and never scared the hole from outside 10 feet but once.

Also, somehow, I've gotten myself in terrible golf shape. Pushed in beautiful weather and totally ran out of gas/back tightened up on 13. Can't say that has ever happened to me before. That s*** is unacceptable.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

Have you ever gone through a round where you hit 5 balls OB and then you come back to the thread and realize you should have just hit it straight? How embarrassing. Talk about egg on my face.

Is this what we were doing wrong? Damn it.

Good day yesterday having Hoop, Fabb and Sully out. Weather felt @ 20* cooler and it was nice having a little bit of a breeze out. Even on a crowded Sunday we motored around in a little under 4 hours. Got held up by a guy with his little kid that jumped out on us on 10 but was only out for a few holes and he was pretty aware of where we were.

Not a whole ton of great golf played. I thought at Glenn Dale last weekend that my lesson had magically taken hold and I could just go on about my life. Wrong. Still making nice center of the ball contact on just about every iron shot so it turns out maybe it takes more than a week of work. At this rate though I am absolutely going to bail on club championship qualifying this year.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Callaway '21 X Forged CBs 5-P annnnd incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Great time yesterday at Whiskey. Amazing company, lots of laughs ripping on each other. Eagle had it going on the front till double on 9. From there it was an S show for most of us. My bunker game was out in full force and hit 21%FIR. That prettty much sums up my game. Best shot....2nd into 18 with a hybrid, 20 feet. Missed the eagle, tap in for birdie. Food and drinks were on point.

Man I wish this weather would stay for a while. Walking out of the house in the morning and being met with crisp fresh 60* air is a million times better than being hit in the face with a wall of 85* humid gym locker room nastiness.

Played at Cedar Point yesterday. Had high hopes but made stupid decisions and executed them poorly.

I holed out for eagle from 57 yards on #5 which should have convinced me to make smart decisions the rest of the way but nope. I was turning great drives into double bogeys like I was getting paid to do it. Holed out for birdie from a green side bunker on #14 and then slightly lipped a birdie chip (it was hanging on the back edge on a downhill slope but wouldn’t fall) on #15.

Obviously holing shots like that for a guy like me doesn’t happen often so I feel like I really blew an opportunity to go low yesterday. Lots of poor choices from the fairways and a few from around the greens. Absolutely A+ day to be on the golf course though and the breeze off the bay was phenomenal.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Good weekend recaps.

Why was everyone liking what Sully was saying and not what Tex was saying? Go read that in the light of a new day.

My only game was Saturday morning. We had 8 lined up for a "no strokes" game. Had fourballs inside each group, and a group v group match. And then SOMEONE'S balky back balked and 8 became 7.

My group had reigning club champ and a former poster's son ;) vs me and my spring event partner with greenies, sandies, birdies. Champ does not give up too many strokes. We started out way too crappy. I drove into the left rough one 1 and it was buried. Led to a bogey, while partner 3-putted. We both bogeyed 3 and we were 2 down like that. But I had a sandy on 2, and partner stole a carry-over greenie on 8, then he rolled in a bird on 10 so we were up 4 on junk, won 12 and were +1 overall at this point. Then on 13, both of the opponents birdied and had a greenie, which hurt.

14, partner made a great putt to halve champ's 2 putt bird.

We fought back to even by the 16th and I had a 3 footer with a little break to halve and missed it. -1 overall. We looked good on 18, but champ got up and down from a horrible position in a bunker to steal a final junk and halve my solid 4.

I'm still waiting for it to click. I was driving with champ all day (hit more fw's and was right with him) and I pride myself on irons and short game so I don't know why I'm not scoring. I'm hitting too many greens and fairways to keep shooting 78/79, though. I had a ton of 15 foot looks for birdie and hit good putts, everything getting to the hole. Just nothing going in. One absolutely F- tee shot out of nowhere on a par 3 and a couple 3 putts turned what could have been a pretty clean round into a +7. +4 on the par 3's. Champ played the par 3's in -1.

Getting out there with Fabb today. This is late notice, but if anyone can do TV at 2 PM today, let me know. Kind of need to be rolling by about 5:50 or so, though, so I'm looking to hustle a bit.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

i got a TecTecTec v500 as a Christmas gift to replace my lost Bushnell and it works just fine. Not as fast and not jolt but just as accurate.

For less money, Id recommend picking up a Garmin G10 gps unit instead. I bought one on an impulse buy and rarely use the laser anymore. Couldn't do the watch thing but the belt-based unit is money.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

Not sure if it’s already been shared or if anyone else received it, but QL/The National sent out a promo email late last week for reduced greens fees on all the MCG courses until the 20th. There is a unique link for each course, so if anyone wants to check out any rates, shoot me a pm and I will provide. Wanted to try to keep it to Hivers/regulars which is why I didn’t just post all of the links.

Fun time getting out with DC, Hoop, and Sully yesterday afternoon at Mount Vernon.

We get to the first tee, which just doesn't give me any kind of comfortable visual (I would come to find out this holds true for the remaining 13 tee shots). I want to hit hybrid, but realize I left it on the range. I begrudgingly pull 3w, power top it about 100 yards, and then (literally) run back to the range while the others tee off. I run back, try to hit a 3w out of a not good lie, and come up short of the green in the water hazard. At this point, I say "are we playing a match? does anybody even want me right now?" Hoop spoke up to claim me as a partner, and give me the vote of confidence. Then he proceeded to make par to win the hole for us, while I dooked my pants en route to an opening double. I promised Hoop to repay him by making a "birdie barrage" at some point. Much discussion followed about what exactly constituted a birdie barrage, but alas, I would never actually make one. From that point on, the match was mostly a war of attrition, with Hoop and I making at least one good team score while DC and Sully beat themselves a hard-fought victory for team HoopFabb.

It was my first time playing the course. I'm pretty sure I'd need at least 5 rounds, if not more to start figuring out club selection, lines, and actually feeling good about them. There were definitely a few holes I thought I hit good drives, but they turned out to be not great. Even the holes where there's room off the tee, they just don't look inviting. I think it's got good replay value. On one hand you could get away with hitting less than driver on a lot of holes, but on the other hand you'd be at a big advantage if you can learn to control the driver well enough to hit it everywhere out there.

My only gripe about the course is the 9th, which is a par 5. For one, it's essentially unreachable, not because of distance, but because of a cluster of gigantic trees right on the corner of the dogleg. I guess if you can hit about a 310+ yard drive, that fades 20-30 yards, to exactly the right spot, you can go for it. Otherwise, you're blocked by trees. You're not just blocked from going for it, either. I hit a good drive in the left side of the fairway, and was blocked out by the trees from even laying up. I had to hit a low, chip-draw long iron shot through a gap in the trees just to lay up. Dumb. 10/10 would chainsaw a few trees on the corner of that hole.

Hoop started out like a man possessed with the ball striking. He faded and surged a bit through the round after, but hit some great shots. He hit a few approaches that were just phenomenal. Such a great guy to play a round with. Good conversation, keeps it light and fun, and hits some damn good golf shots.

DC had the most un-DC-like day I've ever seen from him. Normally strikes the ball at a level better than his handicap, but yesterday was the exception. Several off the planet drives. Can tell he's working through some stuff, so nothing worth worrying about. Keep working it, and don't bail on the qual, DC. It'll come around.

Dad Sully is immensely enjoyable to play with. I think he's gives even fewer Fs now that he's a dad, so the banter out there is top-notch. He hit some nice tee balls, but threw in several very untimely F- drives. There were several holes where DC and Sully both OB'd, and all Hoop and I had to do was get on in play to win the hole. Sully did make a very nice second ball bogey (second ball birdie to most of you heathens). 10 is a driveable par 4, and he tells DC on the tee he's gonna slice it OB onto the driving range. Well, he was right. Then he re-teed, pumped it onto the green, and two-putted.

I hit it fairly trashy, particularly off the tee, but scraped together a score with a few timely saves, and some birds. I brought out a full set of MP 18 MBs (no, not the combo set I had before and sold) that I bought on the BST last week. I'm interested in trying to get back to steel in irons, and really wanted to try PX LZ 6.0s. I figured with the price I bought at, I'll basically treat these as a rental, and all it'll cost me is shipping when I sell. Decent first run with them. Will test them a bit more before deciding if I want to get into a set of heads that fit me better with those shafts.

First time walking and pushing since winter, so I'm beat. Gonna try to turn out a speed-round with City this afternoon to round out my 2 days of bachelorhood.

Fun time getting out with DC, Hoop, and Sully yesterday afternoon at Mount Vernon.

We get to the first tee, which just doesn't give me any kind of comfortable visual (I would come to find out this holds true for the remaining 13 tee shots). I want to hit hybrid, but realize I left it on the range. I begrudgingly pull 3w, power top it about 100 yards, and then (literally) run back to the range while the others tee off. I run back, try to hit a 3w out of a not good lie, and come up short of the green in the water hazard. At this point, I say "are we playing a match? does anybody even want me right now?" Hoop spoke up to claim me as a partner, and give me the vote of confidence. Then he proceeded to make par to win the hole for us, while I dooked my pants en route to an opening double. I promised Hoop to repay him by making a "birdie barrage" at some point. Much discussion followed about what exactly constituted a birdie barrage, but alas, I would never actually make one. From that point on, the match was mostly a war of attrition, with Hoop and I making at least one good team score while DC and Sully beat themselves a hard-fought victory for team HoopFabb.

It was my first time playing the course. I'm pretty sure I'd need at least 5 rounds, if not more to start figuring out club selection, lines, and actually feeling good about them. There were definitely a few holes I thought I hit good drives, but they turned out to be not great. Even the holes where there's room off the tee, they just don't look inviting. I think it's got good replay value. On one hand you could get away with hitting less than driver on a lot of holes, but on the other hand you'd be at a big advantage if you can learn to control the driver well enough to hit it everywhere out there.

My only gripe about the course is the 9th, which is a par 5. For one, it's essentially unreachable, not because of distance, but because of a cluster of gigantic trees right on the corner of the dogleg. I guess if you can hit about a 310+ yard drive, that fades 20-30 yards, to exactly the right spot, you can go for it. Otherwise, you're blocked by trees. You're not just blocked from going for it, either. I hit a good drive in the left side of the fairway, and was blocked out by the trees from even laying up. I had to hit a low, chip-draw long iron shot through a gap in the trees just to lay up. Dumb. 10/10 would chainsaw a few trees on the corner of that hole.

Hoop started out like a man possessed with the ball striking. He faded and surged a bit through the round after, but hit some great shots. He hit a few approaches that were just phenomenal. Such a great guy to play a round with. Good conversation, keeps it light and fun, and hits some damn good golf shots.

DC had the most un-DC-like day I've ever seen from him. Normally strikes the ball at a level better than his handicap, but yesterday was the exception. Several off the planet drives. Can tell he's working through some stuff, so nothing worth worrying about. Keep working it, and don't bail on the qual, DC. It'll come around.

Dad Sully is immensely enjoyable to play with. I think he's gives even fewer Fs now that he's a dad, so the banter out there is top-notch. He hit some nice tee balls, but threw in several very untimely F- drives. There were several holes where DC and Sully both OB'd, and all Hoop and I had to do was get on in play to win the hole. Sully did make a very nice second ball bogey (second ball birdie to most of you heathens). 10 is a driveable par 4, and he tells DC on the tee he's gonna slice it OB onto the driving range. Well, he was right. Then he re-teed, pumped it onto the green, and two-putted.

I hit it fairly trashy, particularly off the tee, but scraped together a score with a few timely saves, and some birds. I brought out a full set of MP 18 MBs (no, not the combo set I had before and sold) that I bought on the BST last week. I'm interested in trying to get back to steel in irons, and really wanted to try PX LZ 6.0s. I figured with the price I bought at, I'll basically treat these as a rental, and all it'll cost me is shipping when I sell. Decent first run with them. Will test them a bit more before deciding if I want to get into a set of heads that fit me better with those shafts.

First time walking and pushing since winter, so I'm beat. Gonna try to turn out a speed-round with City this afternoon to round out my 2 days of bachelorhood.

Be interested in having DC weigh in on this, but I was thinking that playing up the 1st fairway may be the play on 9.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee