MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

HBD: There are 3 guys at my club who I consider to have sufficient driver control and club speed for X-stiff, 8.5º, like the club champion, and a couple other guys who get it out there near 3 bills, all low handicappers, who also have the awareness to play a lower MOI driver. I just think it's a tough club to hit. I wonder how many guys have tried to hit it out of the demo bin and thought it was a piece of junk. I liked the sound of it.

Business at the club : holiday tipping the bag boys. I was going to do it today, but then I realized it was going to be raining after work and they might be closed. Not a conference call. That would be crazy! (and I'm leaving town for 4/5 days tomorrow. Just going to shore. Nowhere warm.)

So, Tuesday, playing at Waverly, I had to go by and pick up my clubs. It was also so bad, I had to take a conference call for the 1 minute I was there. Absurd.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

i don't know who is more excited for 'bumblebee'... 11 year old inner me or my 7 year old son.

older, jaded adult me is less enthused, tho a non-michael bay directed transformers movie might be something less bad. maybe?

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

i don't know who is more excited for 'bumblebee'... 11 year old inner me or my 7 year old son.

older, jaded adult me is less enthused, tho a non-michael bay directed transformers movie might be something less bad. maybe?

Bumblebee was pretty interesting in the first Transformers. They got a little pathos out of him, and O-Prime, but more Bumblebee.

The guy who directed this one directed Kubo and the Two Strings, so that's kind of interesting. Also, it has the girl from True Grit and it kind of sounds like it's an "Iron Giant" type of thing. it looks like a good "lump in the throat" movie. Very good reviews.

I go back and forth on Michael Bay. He does some stuff very well and I like a lot of the first Transformers movie. After that, they got seriously messy. But I liked the first one. Shia does it for me and Tuturro was funny.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

OT: I made prime rib last Christmas. I had never made it before. It was perfect and will now be my holiday staple. I would put this man on mount Rushmore. Not the mount Rushmore of cooking. I mean the one with the presidents. https://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-food-lab-how-to-cook-roast-a-perfect-prime-rib.html

OT: I made prime rib last Christmas. I had never made it before. It was perfect and will now be my holiday staple. I would put this man on mount Rushmore. Not the mount Rushmore of cooking. I mean the one with the presidents. https://www.seriouseats.com/2009/12/the-food-lab-how-to-cook-roast-a-perfect-prime-rib.html

Nice. I'm attempting a "Seven Fishes" meal this year for the inlaws.

Going to make mini crab cakes. Fish stew with clams, mussels, shrimps. Maybe a white fish in the stew. two whole fish (branzino and red snapper). Maybe scallops. Maybe oysters, maybe other things.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I HATE the standard height of driving range rubber tees. Always rummaging around stalls and mats trying to find that one perfectly tall one.

Am I the only one - who goes to the range a lot - that has their own bag of rubber range tees? I bought them off Amazon years ago, two of them hold actual wooden tees and I have a couple others of varying heights.

Totally unrelated - I fired up the first 'sode of Counterpart last night. Confirmed right up my alley. Killer rec, DC.

Really love the show. I definitely think its one of those shows I would almost rather watch after the fact and be able to binge it. Its one of the only shows I can think of where I almost have to watch the "previously on..." clips at the beginning.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

More like "guy who was redoing the blue course at Congo"

Yikes.

Hahahaha, I'm sure that makes the members happy.

Congo is probably on my short list of courses I wouldn't play again at the price they charge. I agree with City though, its hard to say if some of these courses are "worth" what they charge. But Congo would be on my list.

IMO I think every single golfer at some point in their life should experience the walk down the 6th fairway at Pebble, playing your second shot up that hill - and then making that walk down onto the 7th tee box. If you have any semblance of a golfing pulse, its definitely an emotional experience. The course itself though? Lots and lots of throwaway holes IMO. That walk down 6 though is incredible.

I HATE the standard height of driving range rubber tees. Always rummaging around stalls and mats trying to find that one perfectly tall one.

Am I the only one - who goes to the range a lot - that has their own bag of rubber range tees? I bought them off Amazon years ago, two of them hold actual wooden tees and I have a couple others of varying heights.

Totally unrelated - I fired up the first 'sode of Counterpart last night. Confirmed right up my alley. Killer rec, DC.

Really love the show. I definitely think its one of those shows I would almost rather watch after the fact and be able to binge it. Its one of the only shows I can think of where I almost have to watch the "previously on..." clips at the beginning.

The ones that hold actual tees are really the only one that should exist. they're a great height for fairway woods too.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

The ones that hold actual tees are really the only one that should exist. they're a great height for fairway woods too.

I agree with this in theory, but in practice? Too many idiots that would walk out in front of the practice tee to retrieve their precious .08c tee.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

So the new version of PGA Tour Live is going to be @ $60? I thought it was a bargain for $20 - not sure I'd watch enough online golf to justify $60.

I used to have my own rubber tees when I hit a mat range a lot. Maybe I'll get some more (or try to find those) this winter.

When it was frozen out a couple weeks ago, the 8 some I played with brought out one of the rubber tees and just set it on the ground for tee shots.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

These are the current ones I have, I use it in the simulator too bc its the perfect height for me without tees in it - and I dont burn through a bunch of wooden ones.

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41%2BKZ52LFdL.jpg

Have smaller ones like this that are good too:

https://www.amazon.c...7JA4F1ZFRF&th=1

51%2BdMRhI5AL._SL1000_.jpg

guy redoing the blue course at Congo:

https://thegolfnewsn...species-111821/

Love the "It's been a wonderful adventure, thanks for being a part of it" note that they had on their website after the owner closed the shop because he realized he was heading TO PRISON.

What a wonderful adventure.

On Nov. 21, 2016, The Outpost offered for sale on its website various protected wildlife items, including sawfish clades and numerous mounted birds.

I had to look up "clades". I assumed he meant something like the "saw" that give the fish its name and that was a special name for it.

It means, basically, a certain type of taxonomic class that all descended from a common ancestor. If you google "sawfish clades" with quotes, it only appears twice, one in that article, and another talking about the classification of sawfish.

So, I was confused, but then later in the article he does say "sawfish blades". That doesn't seem to be the common way to refer to them. "rostrum" or "teeth" or "snout" is more common.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Congo is probably on my short list of courses I wouldn't play again at the price they charge. I agree with City though, its hard to say if some of these courses are "worth" what they charge. But Congo would be on my list.

What price do they charge?

Also, my family is #TeamPrimeRib. My dad was tired of turkey for every holiday so one Christmas he wanted Prime Rib. It's been what we do for a long time now. I absolutely love it.

so i am playing by myself, im sure three randos as well. on a work trip in Jax, so not paying for food or stay while im there. it is completely subjective of course on justifying price vs worth.

Playing a course with the grandstands setup, in almost tourney conditions and the fact that most likely i will never make a trip to just play the course in the future, justifies my okay on playing at $500.

I just played Punta Espada, $400 + caddie, last week http://www.puntaespadagolf.com/ which was the best course/experience i have ever had golf wise. that was worth it, and we made the most of our time on the course.

I played Seaview Resort in NJ right after the LPGA event, pretty damn cool with the bleachers up.

great month of golf in Feb planed with Sawgrass and Pinehurst....once Ramesh gets that Damn email out.

side note, anyone interested in fantasy golf, $100, let me know.

When we played Carnousite the first week in August, all of the grandstands and stuff were still setup from The Open. It was definitely awesome teeing off on 18 with the boxes and grandstands being there. Definitely added something to the experience - as if it needed it.

To me its even more of a no brainer if you arent paying other major expenses on the trip.

Gmen, for sheer enjoyment of the thread this Christmas Season, could you kind of "half - @ss" this job? Ya know, maybe cut the putter fin off at a 45 degree angle, reply to his question about a scale in grams with "well, it felt like 350 grams to me and my bud when we held it", and splatter some purple paint on it? I think the thread would enjoy some hijinks over the slow holiday season. Thanks!

Your pal OCGolfRick

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

I agree with City,I don't mind spending $500 if playing with friends, I doubt I would spend that much playing with random people.
even if I’m playing with great friends at pebble, I would still have trouble justifying $500 for a round of golf. Now if there was no wife or kids in the picture and I only had to financially take care of me, then $500 is easy to spend.

endless, that course looks awesome. Moar pics!

I'm a sucker for an ocean view. It instantly rockets a course to the top of my list. I'd much rather play Cabot Cliffs, Bandon, Torrey Pines, Pebble Beach, etc, than Winged Foot, Shinnecock, Oakmont, etc.

id have to agree with sully, ocean courses with that ocean breeze is great.

Franken Tyne discussion

"Nope. Only ounces. Unless you know of some technique for converting between the two, I guess we're s*** out of luck."

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Gmen, for sheer enjoyment of the thread this Christmas Season, could you kind of "half - @ss" this job? Ya know, maybe cut the putter fin off at a 45 degree angle, reply to his question about a scale in grams with "well, it felt like 350 grams to me and my bud when we held it", and splatter some purple paint on it? I think the thread would enjoy some hijinks over the slow holiday season. Thanks!

Your pal OCGolfRick

I have a better plan,I think everyone will be shocked.

Your pal OCGolfRick

I have a better plan,I think everyone will be shocked.

Selling it in the BST and sending Fabb the cash instead?