MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

I also think football is about the dumbest major sport on the planet. On average, it’s a bunch of grown men that have lifelong debilitating physical and mental injuries for the sake of a career that lasts 3 years. I’ll still listen to a lot of sports talk radio when I’m in the car, but I can’t get in to watching any more.

• Like 1

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > jtgcx671koz3.jpeg

> >

> > New logo for y’all... ?

>

> Dump the Skins and follow the Ravens. You won’t regret it.

Cowboy fan since I was 5... I’m good

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > @MountainGoat said:

> > > > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > > jtgcx671koz3.jpeg

> > > >

> > > > New logo for y’all... ?

> > >

> > > Dump the Skins and follow the Ravens. You won’t regret it.

> >

> > Cowboy fan since I was 5... I’m good

> Sorry, I thought you were local.

>

Have been since 2004...

Texas is where the heart is

protos F4

I'm not a diehard fan or anything. But I've been living here a while and listen to local sports radio. So it'd be cool if the Redskins do well. But they won't. Dan Snyder is a terrible owner and Bruce Allen is a joke of a GM. As long as those two are in charge, the team will be mediocre at best.

• Like 1

> @davechen said:

> I'm not a diehard fan or anything. But I've been living here a while and listen to local sports radio. So it'd be cool if the Redskins do well. But they won't. Dan Snyder is a terrible owner and Bruce Allen is a joke of a GM. As long as those two are in charge, the team will be mediocre at best.

it's only snyder. he's the singular problem. NFL football has gotten kinda boring. i watched literally 0 minutes of the redskins yesterday.

That Joaquin Niemann can play. He popped up on my radar during the pool this year because he had a stretch there where it seemed like he was top 10 every week. Good win (even for a weak field).

he was 5th is SG : Tee to green and 1st in strokes gained putting.

That's how you win a tournament by 6 strokes.

This shot and this putt are crazy. Short sided from the rough, hits on to "13 feet" (looks closer), but however long it was, it had about 6 feet of break on it.

https://www.pgatour.com/video/2019/09/15/joaquin-niemann-s-clutch-birdie-putt-on-no--13-at-the-greenbrier.html

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

One thing I found odd in the Solheim Cup was that there were two - maybe three - players who had zero wins on tour. Has that happened a lot in the Ryder Cup? It probably has I just dont remember it. I dont know the nuts and bolts of the points system but it just struck me as bizarre that someone could make the Solheim list as one of the best US players and have zero wins on tour.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I only caught the last 30-45 minutes of the Greenbriar yesterday. It was crazy how few people it looked like went to this event. The grandstands were basically empty for the last handful of groups. It looked like an absolutely perfect day to be out watching an event. Wonder if its just the lack of places to stay near there, overall middle-of-nowhereness of the course?

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

So who's going to help me stop SullySpider-Man, you ask?

The Boys:

s39tt7fditru.jpg

Now Gentlemen, I realize that things look pretty bleak for us right now. He shot 79 at a course he never saw before while dragging around, as Sully described it, "the wholly useless corpse of XHoop." He's hitting mammoth 330 yard drives into opposite fairways at Worthington and making par from there...just because he can. At this point he's a grizzled veteran, used to being in the spotlight and performing under pressure. He's the Hive's Tom Brady.

But we must be valiant in our attempts to reclaim our net championship. Remember that none other than Teddy Roosevelt was able to capture the essence of battling againt the odds, in the face of an seemingly invincible opponent. I feel its wholly appropriate to repost the original quote to motivate us to this monumental task.

_"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. And don't sandbag your handicap."_

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

All up in domes, hoop and Siegle’s territory today

2 bad bogeys to start :(

protos F4

> @Ocgolfrick said:

> So who's going to help me stop SullySpider-Man, you ask?

> The Boys:

> s39tt7fditru.jpg

>

> Now Gentlemen, I realize that things look pretty bleak for us right now. He shot 79 at a course he never saw before while dragging around, as Sully described it, "the wholly useless corpse of XHoop." He's hitting mammoth 330 yard drives into opposite fairways at Worthington and making par from there...just because he can. At this point he's a grizzled veteran, used to being in the spotlight and performing under pressure. He's the Hive's Tom Brady.

> But we must be valiant in our attempts to reclaim our net championship. Remember that none other than Teddy Roosevelt was able to capture the essence of battling againt the odds, in the face of an seemingly invincible opponent. I feel its wholly appropriate to repost the original quote to motivate us to this monumental task.

> _"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. And don't sandbag your handicap."_

>

>

>

Don't forget Junior.

I was really torn this weekend. I could have squeezed in a round on Saturday, but that risked lowering my handicap further. Did some family stuff instead.

My parents just bought a place a few minutes from Worthington, and they'll be there 5 or 6 months a year. Free weekend daycare while I get out and play golf around there. Solid.

> @dcmidnight said:

> One thing I found odd in the Solheim Cup was that there were two - maybe three - players who had zero wins on tour. Has that happened a lot in the Ryder Cup? It probably has I just dont remember it. I dont know the nuts and bolts of the points system but it just struck me as bizarre that someone could make the Solheim list as one of the best US players and have zero wins on tour.

Well, if 75% of PGA events were won by Asian men, and men got pregnant, you'd probably have some Ryder cup selections who didn't have wins either.

(from wiki), the selection process was 8 players from season long Solheim rankings, the next 2 from World Rankings not otherwise qualified, and then 2 more captains picks.

Stacy Lewis was a captains pick, but pulled out with a back. So, that put in Ally McDonald who doesn't have a win.

You could go through person by person. . .Wie was out with an injury. Kerr sucked this year. Lincicome is pregnant. You start running out of options. They had 6 rooks.

Some of the USA's worst players were women with wins. . .Khang, Kang, Lexi, Morgan, Annie Park. And Yin and Altomare were two of the best performers, so I'm not sure what "wins" really gets you in this event.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

#BooktalkWRX

Was lucky and got a copy of The Testaments by Margaret Atwood through the library. Read it and was completely disappointed. While the Handmaid's Tale is a IMHO a great book, this sequel/prequel is flat out terrible. Part of the novelty was it was going to be how Gilead was formed from the USA, but instead of some slow religious revival, apparently all the men of the USA got together one night and captured their women and stuck them in sports stadiums. The storyline makes no sense whatsoever. Who cares about Baby Nicole, why is she so special? is never explained. Nor who is actually running Gilead. Very disappointing.

PS Would have used spoiler tags but apparently not available.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

\#bookWRX

On "half vacay", I finished "Because Internet". It was a pretty good read. . .basically about linguistics on the internet. She goes into the language used in memes, the history of emoticons, and emojis, and how they're used. She also talks about groups like ours and how they make up their own terms, and have their own conventions.

Also read "Murderbot 1" on Siegel's recommendation. It was good. I liked Murderbot. The book is narrated from his point of view. I don't think the author does a great job of describing the space and placement of locations and participants in action scenes. In contrast to "The Lost Fleet". (The paragon for this kind of thing is "Ender's Game"). [Geeky aside : that's a tor.com book and those tend to be rated more highly (theory pulled from butt) because they have a DRM free model. They're the opposite of video games getting 1 star reviews because gamers don't like the DRM on the game.)] Murderbot is short, more of a novella. I would recommend it.

I downloaded a book called "Circe" from the library that has good reviews. Haven't started it. I'ts sort of a "Greek gods meddling in the affairs of men" book, and I also (after my last day of "not buy anything") purchased "Ruin of Kings", a fantasy story that always seems to pop up when I start searching my sites for good, adult fantasy. It's good so far. 18% in.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I'm currently finishing up John Feinsteins book on minor league baseball - although having said that it occurs to me that he may have written more than one of them. Its fantastic, he just has a way of telling these stories that I really enjoy reading.

edit - title is 'Where Nobody Knows Your Name'

Conversely I have tried to make it through The Goldfinch a few times now. Have not been able to do it. Maybe its one of those books you need to try reading 10 times before it catches on with you. But this one, man, maybe the movie is going to be better for me in the end.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Goldfinch movie supposed to suck.

It opened in 2600 theaters this weekend and made 2.6 million dollars. It made less than a million more internationally. Total disaster with critics and audiences. Wife loved the book but I never tried it.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Heard the same RE: Goldfinch. Unfortunately there is almost zero chance I finish this book. I read and reread and read and it still says something like "4% done". WTF, how long was this book in real life? On the flip side of that I was plowing through an autobipgrahpy of Ed Thorp (Beat the Dealer author) and felt like it couldnt have been more than 100 physical pages.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Yeah, I think Goldfinch is like 850 pages (real pages, not Harry Potter pages). That's part of why the movie was so bad, supposedly. Trying to get everything in.

Sounds like it would have been better as a 10 part Netflix series.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> Yeah, I think Goldfinch is like 850 pages (real pages, not Harry Potter pages). That's part of why the movie was so bad, supposedly. Trying to get everything in.

>

> Sounds like it would have been better as a 10 part Netflix series.

I'm reading the Dark Tower series, and that's basically what I've heard about its movie. Too long with too much story and description to make in to a movie. Amazon is making a series set to come out next year.

> @TheCityGame said:

> Yeah, I think Goldfinch is like 850 pages (real pages, not Harry Potter pages). That's part of why the movie was so bad, supposedly. Trying to get everything in.

>

> Sounds like it would have been better as a 10 part Netflix series.

This is the beauty of borrowing them from the library. I buy more than my fair share of books but even cheapo books I will feel a little guilty about not reading if I buy them. Zero guilt from sending this one back.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Dc dudes/va

I’ll be at Aslin for lunch.. celebrating my 74 (40/34)

• Like 1

protos F4