2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

I just ordered 4 more duzzers of OnCore Elixirs. 2 derzoos whitey. 2 dirksons of the new LIME GREEN.

![](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0522/2469/products/el-bx-3_grande.png "")

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Why 4 dozen?

The balls start at $35 a dozen if you order 1 or 2.

They drop to $33 per dozen if you order 3 or more.

They have free shipping if your order is over $100. 3*$33 = $99.

So, you're an idiot for playing their game, but you're an idiot if you don't play their game. I love the ball and I've played it all year, so I know I'll use them, so no biggie, but it's a good play by OnCore.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> Prov1 is like the X and the X is like a prov1 in 2019.

>

> What a world

Tex - been meaning to send this to you after we talked about it.

[https://pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html](https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html "https://pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html")

**From the article:**

Titleist launched the Pro V1x golf ball alongside its second-generation Pro V1 golf ball in 2003, and golfers quickly understood the relationship between the two golf balls; the four-piece Pro V1x spins less than the three-piece Pro V1. That was common knowledge, embedded into the psyche of not just Titleist golf ball users, but golfers in general.

“Originally, when Pro V1x was introduced, it was introduced to be a lower-spinning but higher-flying golf ball (than the Pro V1),” Fredrick Waddell, Senior Manager of Titleist Golf Ball Product Management, told PGATOUR.COM.

That relationship remained for the next 14 years.

With the release of its 2017 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls, however, Titleist switched the script. The relationship between the two golf balls changed. The 2017 Pro V1x was a higher-spinning, and still higher-flying, golf ball than the 2017 Pro V1. Some golfers didn’t realize the change, while others were simply perplexed.

“There was a little confusion at first because it’s been, for such a long time, X was always the lower-spin golf ball,” said Fordie Pitts, Titleist’s Golf Ball R&D rep. “(Even for TOUR players), we had some guys look at us like ‘Really?’ We’re looking at some high-speed, high-spin players, going up to them saying, ‘Hey, you should be considering the Pro V1 ball,’ and they’re like ‘Pro V1, what are you kidding me? I would spin that (way too much).’ But no, no, no. It took some guys a little bit to get comfortable with it.”

**Read more at the link.**

> @HighBoomingDraws said:

> Yesterday the 4 piece was on their site listed “out of stock” with a restock date of 10/15. Today the 4 piece disappeared from their website. I plan on returning the 10 dozen unopened today or tomorrow. Still have a few left from the box I opened and marked with a sharpie. Probably headed to woodmore again this afternoon. Will report back when I rip a few more covers off.

I'll buy a couple boxes off you. Given my non-WRX-like swing speed, I'm not really worried about ripping the cover off them.

> @davechen said:

> > @HighBoomingDraws said:

> > Yesterday the 4 piece was on their site listed “out of stock” with a restock date of 10/15. Today the 4 piece disappeared from their website. I plan on returning the 10 dozen unopened today or tomorrow. Still have a few left from the box I opened and marked with a sharpie. Probably headed to woodmore again this afternoon. Will report back when I rip a few more covers off.

>

> I'll buy a couple boxes off you. Given my non-WRX-like swing speed, I'm not really worried about ripping the cover off them.

Sounds good. I’ll bring however many you want to Worthington. I’d ask for what I paid, nothing more.

CJ, I've been playing ProV1X a bit recently and thought I was going crazy on the description. I always thought X was the higher swing speed "pro" ball, so for a long time I never looked at it. Then I bought a sleeve one day because it was what the course had, and it was fine. I looked on their site and it was saying the X was the ball that generates higher launch/spin.

> @gsrjc said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > I just ordered 4 more duzzers of OnCore Elixirs. 2 derzoos whitey. 2 dirksons of the new LIME GREEN.

> >

> > ![](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0522/2469/products/el-bx-3_grande.png "")

> >

> Never heard of these balls before. What’s good about them?

>

I'm not much of a "ball reviewer" and not much of a believer that the ball makes much of a difference in your game.

It's a tour style ball with a urethane cover that I like the feel of and it's cheaper than most other balls with similar feel and performance. I've played enough good rounds with it that I have good mental mojo with it.

I also like "alternate equipment" options if they exist, just because I do. Not that I'm going out to try out a Moon Wood.

The original selling point of OnCore was that they put "metal" in their mantles which gave the ball a higher moi. I think they even had a hollow core ball but it turned (with super high MOI) but it was too soft. The Elixir still has metal in its mantle.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > Prov1 is like the X and the X is like a prov1 in 2019.

> >

> > What a world

>

> Tex - been meaning to send this to you after we talked about it.

>

> [https://pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html](https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html "https://pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/02/26/know-the-differences-titleist-pro-v1-pro-v1x-golf-ball-equipment.html")

>

>

> **From the article:**

> Titleist launched the Pro V1x golf ball alongside its second-generation Pro V1 golf ball in 2003, and golfers quickly understood the relationship between the two golf balls; the four-piece Pro V1x spins less than the three-piece Pro V1. That was common knowledge, embedded into the psyche of not just Titleist golf ball users, but golfers in general.

>

> “Originally, when Pro V1x was introduced, it was introduced to be a lower-spinning but higher-flying golf ball (than the Pro V1),” Fredrick Waddell, Senior Manager of Titleist Golf Ball Product Management, told PGATOUR.COM.

>

> That relationship remained for the next 14 years.

>

> With the release of its 2017 Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls, however, Titleist switched the script. The relationship between the two golf balls changed. The 2017 Pro V1x was a higher-spinning, and still higher-flying, golf ball than the 2017 Pro V1. Some golfers didn’t realize the change, while others were simply perplexed.

>

> “There was a little confusion at first because it’s been, for such a long time, X was always the lower-spin golf ball,” said Fordie Pitts, Titleist’s Golf Ball R&D rep. “(Even for TOUR players), we had some guys look at us like ‘Really?’ We’re looking at some high-speed, high-spin players, going up to them saying, ‘Hey, you should be considering the Pro V1 ball,’ and they’re like ‘Pro V1, what are you kidding me? I would spin that (way too much).’ But no, no, no. It took some guys a little bit to get comfortable with it.”

>

>

> **Read more at the link.**

I had no idea that swapped them either, but I usually don't pay Pro V1 money for balls so I haven't followed it that closely.

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @gsrjc said:

> > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > I just ordered 4 more duzzers of OnCore Elixirs. 2 derzoos whitey. 2 dirksons of the new LIME GREEN.

> > >

> > > ![](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0522/2469/products/el-bx-3_grande.png "")

> > >

> > Never heard of these balls before. What’s good about them?

> >

>

> I also like "alternate equipment" options if they exist, just because I do. Not that I'm going out to try out a Moon Wood.

>

I've been playing the lime green Vice pro soft exclusively this summer. I love the matte finish and they put a good line on the ball. They might be pieces of sheeit, but I like them.

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @gsrjc said:

> > > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > > I just ordered 4 more duzzers of OnCore Elixirs. 2 derzoos whitey. 2 dirksons of the new LIME GREEN.

> > > >

> > > > ![](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0522/2469/products/el-bx-3_grande.png "")

> > > >

> > > Never heard of these balls before. What’s good about them?

> > >

> >

>

> > I also like "alternate equipment" options if they exist, just because I do. Not that I'm going out to try out a Moon Wood.

> >

>

> I've been playing the lime green Vice pro soft exclusively this summer. I love the matte finish and they put a good line on the ball. They might be pieces of sheeit, but I like them.

>

Maybe. Maybe not. I don't think your handicap would be a tenth of a point lower if you'd been playing a Pro V.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

City is that a matte finish or more of a regular cover? I've had the Duo Professional lime greens in the bag the last couple weeks. I had bought them over the winter to test but never really played them that much. Anyway, I love the look/color of the matte finish but I definitely find that it is harder to clean off.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I don't think it's as "matte" as some of the real mattes out there.

I haven't seen it in person. I would say the yellow ball is sort of in between glossy and matte.

I'd also say that the yellow finish is not the best dye job I've ever seen. White shows through on surface scuffs. But, the cover is durable enough. It's just the yellow paint isn't as good as on the Srixons, or other yellow balls I've played.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @Sterling_247 said:

> Srixon has a constant Buy 3 get one free deal on their balls, comes out to $30 a box. Just ordered a box of the XV with a gift card from the tournament Chief won for me

Just mark your damn balls, man. :)

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

I have also gone to Srixon. Think they ran a BOGO earlier this summer so I bought 2, got 2. Then won 2 more at said tournament w/Sterling. So I pretty much have my next 2 years worth of balls.

I'm not a good enough player to differentiate performance between all the companies' premium balls, so I buy whatever is on sale when I need to restock. 3 years ago it was TMTP, last year it was ChromeSoft and this year Srixon Z Star. They all seem to perform about the same. Cally felt harder. Love the feel of the Srixon.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

I buy mine from lostgolfballs. I never really notice any quality issues, and the random markings that are sometimes on the ball don't bother me. And then when I lose one, I don't care much, because they were cheap anyway.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

Played in a scramble in Louisville on Monday. Swag gift was $175 in pro shop credit, with a heavy lean towards the Peter Millar clothes/shoes.

I walked out with three duzz of ProV1s (one yellow), a Golf Glove and a Divot Tool.

I have jokes about Peter Millar clothing that are inappropriate for this forum.

> @siegel159 said:

> I buy mine from lostgolfballs. I never really notice any quality issues, and the random markings that are sometimes on the ball don't bother me. And then when I lose one, I don't care much, because they were cheap anyway.

I used to buy prov1's from them all the time. I was buying the AAAAA graded ones and loved them. Most of them were hit only hit once, it seemed. I'm a fan of logos on balls, too, and I would receive plenty of those. After awhile I felt like the balls weren't good quality anymore. I'd putt some balls that would wobble when they rolled and others would be perfectly fine. Some would have weird, wobbly ball flights too. I don't know their cleaning process or what happens long term if a ball is submerged in water, but I eventually stopped buying them.

In the end, it was probably all operator error.

> @thechief16 said:

> > @Sterling_247 said:

> > Srixon has a constant Buy 3 get one free deal on their balls, comes out to $30 a box. Just ordered a box of the XV with a gift card from the tournament Chief won for me

>

> Just mark your **** balls, man. :)

That's the sad part.....I mark my balls and it still happened anyway

Whenever I attend a tradeshow or association meeting, they are always harping on us to go out and speak to high schoolers and kids about the benefits of working in the lumber/building materials industry, as there is a severe shortage. I never have, as I'm getting jaded in my old age and always pictured the conversation going like this:

"Say Kids, who wants a career selling lumber! You can deal with a wide variety of customers who are normally on some kind of illicit substance or another, and then try to sell them something! Best part is you can call them again and again until they pay you, usually about 90 days later!"

High school kid:"Does it pay well?"

"Uhhh... we do it for the fun!

But it appears on Sunday I'll have a four hour window (probably longer, I see Eagle is a couple groups ahead) to talk to an impressionable young man of that age group. I've got the talking points my trade association gave me down cold.

"You know, Lil' Chen, college isn't for everybody. There's a whole world out there you can explore without even having a high school diploma. Why waste 4 years when you could be making money RIGHT NOW?"

I figure if I'm modestly successful, he'll at least ask his dad about it. If I'm hugely successful, he may just ride home with me from WoMan and start working on Monday.

• Like 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

> @ceejay81 said:

> > @siegel159 said:

> > I buy mine from lostgolfballs. I never really notice any quality issues, and the random markings that are sometimes on the ball don't bother me. And then when I lose one, I don't care much, because they were cheap anyway.

>

> I used to buy prov1's from them all the time. I was buying the AAAAA graded ones and loved them. Most of them were hit only hit once, it seemed. I'm a fan of logos on balls, too, and I would receive plenty of those. After awhile I felt like the balls weren't good quality anymore. I'd putt some balls that would wobble when they rolled and others would be perfectly fine. Some would have weird, wobbly ball flights too. I don't know their cleaning process or what happens long term if a ball is submerged in water, but I eventually stopped buying them.

>

> In the end, it was probably all operator error.

>

>

Hmm. I'm not sure I hit it straight enough (putts included) to notice something like that. But it sounds believable. I haven't noticed something similar, but if I did, I'd certainly purchase elsewhere too.

In other news, the tourney on Sunday will be my first round of golf in my 30's. I'm at the point in life where I have to eat healthy or there are consequences, I take multiple pills daily, and it hurts when I wake up. I hope you guys are enjoying your youth while I slowly waste away.

Although, to be fair, I feel like I've mentally been an old man for years now, and my body is just starting to catch up.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

> @siegel159 said:

> > @ceejay81 said:

> > > @siegel159 said:

> > > I buy mine from lostgolfballs. I never really notice any quality issues, and the random markings that are sometimes on the ball don't bother me. And then when I lose one, I don't care much, because they were cheap anyway.

> >

> > I used to buy prov1's from them all the time. I was buying the AAAAA graded ones and loved them. Most of them were hit only hit once, it seemed. I'm a fan of logos on balls, too, and I would receive plenty of those. After awhile I felt like the balls weren't good quality anymore. I'd putt some balls that would wobble when they rolled and others would be perfectly fine. Some would have weird, wobbly ball flights too. I don't know their cleaning process or what happens long term if a ball is submerged in water, but I eventually stopped buying them.

> >

> > In the end, it was probably all operator error.

> >

> >

>

> Hmm. I'm not sure I hit it straight enough (putts included) to notice something like that. But it sounds believable. I haven't noticed something similar, but if I did, I'd certainly purchase elsewhere too.

>

> In other news, the tourney tomorrow will be my first round of golf in my 30's. I'm at the point in life where I have to eat healthy or there are consequences, I take multiple pills daily, and it hurts when I wake up. I hope you guys are enjoying your youth while I slowly waste away.

>

> Although, to be fair, I feel like I've mentally been an old man for years now, and my body is just starting to catch up.

Dude. Wait until you turn 40. Just in the last few weeks I’ve had these injuries and they are still ongoing. Sprained left thumb and right pointer finger. Strained right popliteus muscle. My one good friend is 50 and he says it only gets worse and recovery takes longer. I figure at some point just give me an electric wheelchair.

> @siegel159 said:

> > @ceejay81 said:

> > > @siegel159 said:

> > > I buy mine from lostgolfballs. I never really notice any quality issues, and the random markings that are sometimes on the ball don't bother me. And then when I lose one, I don't care much, because they were cheap anyway.

> >

> > I used to buy prov1's from them all the time. I was buying the AAAAA graded ones and loved them. Most of them were hit only hit once, it seemed. I'm a fan of logos on balls, too, and I would receive plenty of those. After awhile I felt like the balls weren't good quality anymore. I'd putt some balls that would wobble when they rolled and others would be perfectly fine. Some would have weird, wobbly ball flights too. I don't know their cleaning process or what happens long term if a ball is submerged in water, but I eventually stopped buying them.

> >

> > In the end, it was probably all operator error.

> >

> >

>

> Hmm. I'm not sure I hit it straight enough (putts included) to notice something like that. But it sounds believable. I haven't noticed something similar, but if I did, I'd certainly purchase elsewhere too.

>

> In other news, the tourney on Sunday will be my first round of golf in my 30's. I'm at the point in life where I have to eat healthy or there are consequences, I take multiple pills daily, and it hurts when I wake up. I hope you guys are enjoying your youth while I slowly waste away.

>

> Although, to be fair, I feel like I've mentally been an old man for years now, and my body is just starting to catch up.

30 is definitely the money age to start considering your habits. A good diet is the toughest thing to maintain, but you try to set up habits now, they'll last you for 50 years. Small investment. Learn to cook for yourself if you don't already.

Look into eating anti-inflammatory foods daily (nuts, berries and small amounts of dark chocolate for me), very little processed food, less meat. You're not much of a boozer. That's always been my worst habit.

Don't look to pills for answers.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green