Atlanta at Washington -1 1/2 47

Chicago -9 1/2 at Buffalo 37 1/2

Houston at Denver -1 46 1/2

LA Chargers at Seattle -1 1/2 48

LA Rams at New Orleans -1 1/2 60

Green Bay at New England -5 1/2 57

Monday Night

Tennessee at Dallas -6 1/2 41

KC - 8.5: Do you really need reasoning??

OAK +3: Nick who??

LAR +1.5: Best team in football getting points, ok!

Late edit: I gotta take Chucky and the points tonight in this snooze fest.

See what had happen was, I was hacked... There's a reason why i'm in the cellar... :censored2: :censored2: :censored2:

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 9 Lines for picks contest

Thursday Night game

Oakland at San Francisco -3 46

Sestta

Detroit at Minnesota -5 49 1/2

Kansas City -8 1/2 at Cleveland 51

Pittsburgh at Baltimore -3 47 1/2

Tampa at Carolina -6 1/2 54 1/2

NY Jets at Miami -3 45

Monday Night

Late edit: I gotta take Chucky and the points tonight in this snooze fest.

See what had happen was, I was hacked... There's a reason why i'm in the cellar... :censored2: :censored2: :censored2:

"Nick who?" The guy that blew away all of Brett Favres' passing records at Southern Miss?

The undrafted third stringer who has as many touchdown passes as the Buffalo Bills in 2018? ...who had two-thirds of his Wikipedia page written last night? ... who is the new Jimmy Garapollo?

Yeah, nobody outside of his immediate family knew who he was either ... Most Mullens watching last night's game: "Is that cousin Nick?"

Southern Miss was it? Is that a prominent college football program like say.....................

THE Fighting Blue Hens of Delaware ??????????

All Hail the amazing Joe Flacco ladies and gents.

s-l300.jpgJack_Melville.png?width=510&height=773&mode=crop

Kidding

Any guy who breaks the great Packer gunslinger's college record should be on some NFL scouts radar.

Thanks Crab, I did not know.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

on the season 11-13

my picks week 9

Minnesota -5 Liking the team that got humiliated in prime time last week against the Saints to BOUNCE Back BIG . Captain Kirk gets the cover.

LA Rams + 1 1/2 Liking the points here because the Saints shot their wad in Minny (see first pick)

Tennessee +6 1/2 Tennessee's run defense is outstanding, and the overall D is mighty sturdy. That puts the pressure on Dak's passing game. So

the Boyz settle for far too many FG's instead of TD's. Dallas may win, but not cover an almost td number.

Rachael Washburn here was an Eagle cheerleader for three years.

Then she joined the ARMY.

Eagles-Cheerleader.640.jpg

Thursday Night game

Sestta

NY Jets at Miami -3 45

Monday Night

Make fun of Cam all you want Mr. Touch but he is arguably an MVP candidate in the NFL at the time when this goes to press. Now he could be "flash Cam" in Carolina and they might lay down for the first half and allow Fitz Halloween Magic to play score 4 the visitor's team. But in the end, Carolina gets serious in the 4th quarter and wins the money line bet but the Bucs might get a backdoor cover. What is a Cam lover to do? I hate betting on a backdoor cover So.... Give me the Over 54.5 Tampa at Carolina

This is Must See TV in the dark when the 4 o'clock games start. Standard time is Darkness in the streets time. Plants wither up and die off, and the wind blows the autumn leaves from the yard to the neighbors chain link fence. Does anyone remember the chain link fence? Do they still have them? Not in new developments, but in the old suburban areas I am sure they still run in between homes in streets where kids might still be playing? Sean McVay and his Rams travel to The Big Easy and play in the dome. It is my understanding that Jared Goff gets his favorite receiver back this week. None other than Cooper Kupp one of the best slot guys in the game. He has a great rhythm with Goff, they have been together with the Rams since day 1. Gurley might find it tough sledding up the middle as will Ingram for the Saints. Goff will see a good rush from the Saints front as will Brees forcing him the throw on the run where he might not be as accurate. Look for New Orleans to force Kamara to be heavily involved with M.Thomas playing for the quick passes in the intermediate to short routes. Saints might loosen up the Rams and try and get TreQuan Smith deep on a couple.

This is the game I really look forward to watching. Give me the Rams and Cooper Kupp +1.5

And there are a few others like Steelers vs Ravens in Charm City, Falcons vs Skins @ Dannyworld. "Yo Adrian! Yo Adrian!!" He is a real joy to watch play the game of football! Who would have ever thought Jay Gruden would actually start winning in DC with a reclaimed, last of the smash mouth running backs and a dying breed, resurrected in the shadows of Joe Gibbs with, John Riggens, Ernest Byner, Gerald Riggs, George Rodgers, and I will even throw in Clinton Portis and Stephen Davis. The Alabama defense is coming together quite nicely with another addition of a Clinton whose approval rating shot up way past our current orange haired and skinned "never seen a tanning bed I did not like" President. GO SKINS!

And... yes Aaron Rodgers vs Tom Brady with the better team the Patriots at home in Gillette. I say Aaron Rodgers because other than Devante Adams do the Packers even belong in the same league as a Bill Belichick coached team, with Tom Brady and players who execute game plans almost flawlessly? Hell No! But when you have Aaron Rodgers there is always a chance. Patriots win this game with a late heroic s*** drive by Tommy Boy but the Packers get another cover because my favorite, Aaron Rodgers is better than his coach allows him to be, where Tom Brady is only as good as his coach dictates him to be.

Patriots win at home and the hater of backdoor covers loves risk. Taking the backdoor cover this line is old, the early money went heavy New England it went to 6.5 and now is back down to 5, I am taking the +5.5 and the Packers because that game is our Sunday night Game of the Week!

Another game I like is the Steelers beating the Ravens, not picking this game but I think Big Ben and Connor get it done on the road in a war.

Good Luck and remember to turn those clocks back. I will enjoy watching the Rams vs Saints in the darkness of the early Fall evening. The best part of the season is now officially arrived a race to the playoffs has begun!

Anyone wants to stop by and join me...I'll leave a light on for ya.

Thursday Night game

Sestta

NY Jets at Miami -3 45

Monday Night

16-8 for the season.

I woke up with the feeling i would like to be the horse in the play "Equus" having suffered from $37M in campaign advertising in a market where a news show ad spot is $250 (that's 148,000 commercials, or 74,000 minutes, or roughly 51 days worth of commercials if run back to back). Please, just come in and kill me. Thank the stars though, many are already prepping for 2020, wouldn't want a short respite of despicable ads. But I digress, there are some wonderful short novels every person should read, including Equus, and I would put Old Man and the Sea, Sidhartha, and Night in that category.

And the slate of games this week sucks, I mean really, they suck. I just upped my cable package to make sure I could catch the riveting Raider/Niner game, or who wants to miss the offensive fireworks of the Jets and Brock, how about Trubisky and whoever? In today's NFL, they could fall over and still cover over of 37 points. Well, not me! I don't know if I will be able to get off my couch this week. But the pick em game is afoot, and here I go.

In a nod to Siddhartha, I have to take Andy Reid. There are a lot of Buddha looking coaches, but I feel like his ability to get the best out of his team is unsurpassed this season. I suspect he is in for a wonderful experience in the afterlife as he has reached the levels necessary as ascribed by Theravada Buddhists for a happy afterlife. I can tell, you Patrick Mahomes has certainly helped him attain his Zen consciousness. KC and the points.

In the nod to Old Man and the Sea, I am going to take NE over the Pack. I don't love this pick, but I just feel it. NE was built on the backs of cod fishermen, and while they don't hold the same panache as a marlin, its fishing nonetheless. I also like NE Clam Chowder. That team just seems to win, and I think they will again at home against the Packers. I am just not sure they will cover the points. As an aside, there is a fascinating book about Cod and the impact over fishing has had on our oceans. So, NE and the points.

Onto Equus, if you need a horse, James Conner is the guy. He is putting up Le'Veon Bell numbers, and if the OC can see to running the ball this time, the Steelers will not only cover, but probably win the game. I like where they are going, and most of these games are last minute FGs to win, so I like this play. I mentioned earlier (Sunday with the weekly report) the events of the past weekend at a PGH synagogue, and if you haven't heard, definitely look it up. If the meaning of the event is lost, then you can pick up a copy of Night by Elie Weisel for $0.98 on Amazon to get a very real and humanizing historical perspective on what just went down.

Until Tuesday, I will be wrapped up in a snuggie meekly asking for it all to stop...

Another solid week, 3-0 for a 19-8 cumulative. I didn't realize the Pack was at .500, or I wouldn't have been so nervous about the Pats pick.

Thursday Night game

Sestta

NY Jets at Miami -3 45

Monday Night

Late edit: Gotta take Chucky and the points in this snooze fest tonight.

Week 9: 1-3

Overall: I dont want to talk about it!!!! (12-15)

Week 9 2-1 second 2-1 one week in a row. I'm a clawing my way back

Season 13-14

Thursday Night game

Sestta

NY Jets at Miami -3 45

Monday Night

16-8 for the season.

I woke up with the feeling i would like to be the horse in the play "Equus" having suffered from $37M in campaign advertising in a market where a news show ad spot is $250 (that's 148,000 commercials, or 74,000 minutes, or roughly 51 days worth of commercials if run back to back). Please, just come in and kill me. Thank the stars though, many are already prepping for 2020, wouldn't want a short respite of despicable ads. But I digress, there are some wonderful short novels every person should read, including Equus, and I would put Old Man and the Sea, Sidhartha, and Night in that category.

And the slate of games this week sucks, I mean really, they suck. I just upped my cable package to make sure I could catch the riveting Raider/Niner game, or who wants to miss the offensive fireworks of the Jets and Brock, how about Trubisky and whoever? In today's NFL, they could fall over and still cover over of 37 points. Well, not me! I don't know if I will be able to get off my couch this week. But the pick em game is afoot, and here I go.

In a nod to Siddhartha, I have to take Andy Reid. There are a lot of Buddha looking coaches, but I feel like his ability to get the best out of his team is unsurpassed this season. I suspect he is in for a wonderful experience in the afterlife as he has reached the levels necessary as ascribed by Theravada Buddhists for a happy afterlife. I can tell, you Patrick Mahomes has certainly helped him attain his Zen consciousness. KC and the points.

In the nod to Old Man and the Sea, I am going to take NE over the Pack. I don't love this pick, but I just feel it. NE was built on the backs of cod fishermen, and while they don't hold the same panache as a marlin, its fishing nonetheless. I also like NE Clam Chowder. That team just seems to win, and I think they will again at home against the Packers. I am just not sure they will cover the points. As an aside, there is a fascinating book about Cod and the impact over fishing has had on our oceans. So, NE and the points.

Onto Equus, if you need a horse, James Conner is the guy. He is putting up Le'Veon Bell numbers, and if the OC can see to running the ball this time, the Steelers will not only cover, but probably win the game. I like where they are going, and most of these games are last minute FGs to win, so I like this play. I mentioned earlier (Sunday with the weekly report) the events of the past weekend at a PGH synagogue, and if you haven't heard, definitely look it up. If the meaning of the event is lost, then you can pick up a copy of Night by Elie Weisel for $0.98 on Amazon to get a very real and humanizing historical perspective on what just went down.

Until Tuesday, I will be wrapped up in a snuggie meekly asking for it all to stop...

Another solid week, 3-0 for a 19-8 cumulative. I didn't realize the Pack was at .500, or I wouldn't have been so nervous about the Pats pick.

Pete the Montana Man,

Are you trying to run away with this thing???????????

Nice percentage of correct picks for the season Mr. Go Pens.

for my friend doctoro the TB12 hater.

LOL

45417013_2202352679811408_4635933595599372288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=7a386ead935eb40c901d3156e831b17e&oe=5C43327E

45513367_2204719796241363_7725071819471847424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=eb938bce4a7781b84271dfdf880a3082&oe=5C7977B6

My Misery Monday is in the Books. 1- 2 Week 9 14 - 12 - 1 Overall

Taking the road dogs in big profile games was not a wise choice ole grasshopper.

Truth #1 I wanted Rodgers to go into Gillette and show up Belichick and Brady. I left one scenario out of the equation. If New England takes a risk on a high profile wide receiver it is because that receiver when inserted into a winning system will produce with his natural talent. Welcome to the Josh Gordon coming out party, it is nice to have you back Mr. Gordon, stay clean and prosper in Bean town. He's freakish good.

Truth #2 Mike McCarthy was done in by Bill Belichick or by Mike McCarthy? The answer is all of the above. His play calling in the red zone is a joke. I should have realized McCarthy would try and make Rodgers win it in tight space after Aaron Jones was gashing the Patriots up until that point. Making your franchise QB roll out with a bad knee is not a wise choice either.

Did Brady play better than Rodgers? I can not really say that the did. Did Belichick put together another masterful game plan, I think I can say he did on both offense and defense? Josh McDaniels is also included in that statement, he's the QB Whisperer. Brady has 6 very honed in eyes on the field. Bill, Josh, and his own. Not a bad way to approach the game of football. Rodgers, on the other hand, has his eyes but no one else has his back.

I would love to see how Rodgers would perform in a Patriots uniform? How would Brady perform in a Packers uniform?

Just some random thoughts as I ponder which QB I would want to have built a franchise with. Bottom line is Both QB's are great. Brady has the rings. But Rodgers can do so much on the field. He is truly a treasure to watch play the game.

My choice! Drew Brees! LoL, Give me any of the above.

Just do not force me to take Alex Smith over Kirk Cousins! Oops, the Skins already did. I know everyone says Kirk cannot win the games against the best teams. And Alex Smith is winning in DC. We shall see how Alex does with a broken down offensive line and teams that can score points. We shall see! So far the results look like a landslide for Mr. Cousins.

Speaking of landslides and to close to calls, Remember to Vote its Election Day 2018. Patriots Vote. Losers stay home and complain. Blue or red it's your Choice.

Denver -1

NO -1

Tenn +6.5

15-9 ytd (15-6 since in actual picks cause I forgot week 1) and I actually had winning CFB Saturdays the last two weeks so the kid is hot (or due for regression)

2-1 17-10 Vance Jospeh is a moron that is all

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Will somebody please do the commissioner a favor?

Make a standings post for the participants that are still here (playing) at this point in the contest.

I know quite a few have dropped out and lost interest.

possibly theses are the participants left?

doctoro

Petethreeputt

Qqq123

CHuntsman

golfgirllizie

knockitclose

Crabdaddy

touch

Adam667

1puttTut

thanks for the help in advance

touch

commissioner

WEEK 10 lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Carolina at Pittsburgh -4 52

Sunday

Buffalo at NY Jets -7 37

Atlanta -4 at Cleveland 50 1/2

New Orleans -4 1/2 at Cincy 54

Washington at Tampa -3 51 1/2

New England -6 1/2 at Tenn. 46 1/2

Miami at Green Bay -9 1/2 47 1/2

Jacksonville at Indy -3 46 1/2

Detroit at Chicago -6 1/2 44 1/2

Arizona at KC -16 1/2 50

LA Chargers -10 at Oakland 50 1/2

Seattle at LA Rams -10 50 1/2

Dallas at Philly -6 1/2 43

Monday Night

NY Giants at San Fran -3 44

four home dogs. does anyone sniff an outright winner? Money Line special?

Tampa/Carolina Over 54.5

Houston +1

Jets/Miami Over 45

After Week 8, when 9/13 games didn't cover the O/U, I'm going with 2 Overs - pendulum, right? Houston has won 5 games in a row and is getting points vs a mediocre team... what am I missing?

That 37.5 O/U for the Chi/Buff game looks pretty tempting, but the Bills are scoring < 11 pts/game and haven't scored > 13 pts in a game since Sept 23. That leaves a lot of territory Chicago has to cover while playing on the road. Pass.

I smell a 3-0 week here ... fingers crossed the wind doesn't shift.

The wind shifted a little.

2-1

15-9-3 on the season

Make a standings post for the participants that are still here (playing) at this point in the contest.

This is what I came up with, but could be wrong.

*updated to correct Crabdaddy who I had a game off.

I want to stick with KC, but I just can't do it this week. Not giving 16.5. Not concerned about winning the game but that's a lot of points and we have the second worst defense in the league plus AZ's coming off a bye week. With the new OC running things in AZ, I could see this being a more respectable game for them and covering, so I'm just not going to touch it.

Instead, I'll go with:

NO -4.5. NO obviously has a great offense. CIN gives up the most yards per game on D. CIN doesn't have AJ Green. Not enough points for what seems to be a no brainer.

NE -6.5. NE is rolling as they always do. TEN has a respectable defense, but essentially no offense. Don't see how NE doesn't win by at least one TD.

LAC -10. LAC has a good record with losses only to KC and LAR which is respectable. Their other wins are against mostly garbage teams, but they're playing OAK, no further explanation needed. They beat them by 16 last time. OAK continues tanking and LAC is trying to stay in the divisional race.

WEEK 10 lines for Picks

Thursday Night

Carolina at Pittsburgh -4 52

Sunday

Buffalo at NY Jets -7 37

Atlanta -4 at Cleveland 50 1/2

New Orleans -4 1/2 at Cincy 54

Washington at Tampa -3 51 1/2

New England -6 1/2 at Tenn. 46 1/2

Miami at Green Bay -9 1/2 47 1/2

Jacksonville at Indy -3 46 1/2

Detroit at Chicago -6 1/2 44 1/2

Arizona at KC -16 1/2 50

LA Chargers -10 at Oakland 50 1/2

Seattle at LA Rams -10 50 1/2

Dallas at Philly -6 1/2 43

Monday Night

NY Giants at San Fran -3 44

four home dogs. does anyone sniff an outright winner? Money Line special?

I should quit while I am ahead, but I have to go toe to toe with DoctorO, and this is my week. His bromance with Superman against a defense that has to fall back to earth, and why wouldn't it happen on a short week following a bruising game with Sleepy Eye Joe. Years ago I was fishing at OBX and thinking, this is a nice place. I went back a few years later to play golf at Nag's Head and Kilmarnock. There was an osprey trying to get to the ocean at Nag's Head but the onshore wind was too strong for it to make any headway. Fortunately my game which revolves around thin shots with little elevation meant my score was not appreciably worse, but it was without doubt a tough round of golf. I like Pinehurst too, but it was cold and wet when I was there, and my game was appreciably worse that time. What does this have to do with football? As with all my picks, absolutely nothing, but I am going to take the Steelers and the points because I am envisioning that North Carolina bird who just couldn't get it done. Even Superman couldn't have made any headway.in that gale.

OK, I finally try to pick a bad game, and next thing I know, one of them is injured (thanks Adam). I should just man up and take the under, but i have decided to go a totally different direction. I am going to take the Falcons and the points against the Browns. I don't have a reason at all, it just feels like Atlanta should do OK this week.

I like Jelly Roll Morton. Now I know he isn't playing this week, but I like the Saints this week. The idea of the Red Rifle getting off one shot against the surging tide of the Saints seems remote to me. I feel like Marvin Lewis has lost the locker room, and maybe that happened in 2010, but i think Sean Payton will have a game plan. So I am taking the Saints to cover. Sadly, this pick is a tough one, if Burfict gets one good shot into the side of Brees' cranium, I am sunk, but I trust in the Saints to neutralize this disrespectful cretin.

Have a good week.

Just so I might care once about Buffalo or the NYJ, I am going to dip my toe into the Darnold/Peterman pool. Absolutely ridiculous game. If there were ever a reason for relegation like the Premier League, this game would be the poster child. Is the new kid gonna stink it up, or will the 2nd year Peterman continue his decline as he solidifies his position as worst ever in the Super Bowl era? Peterman continues his slide, Rex Ryan gets a pedicure as he laughs at the shambles the Bills have become. I am taking the Jets and the 7 points.

FYI

*has since been ruled out.

Thank You So Much

The Chart is off the charts!

Thank You So Much

The Chart is off the charts!

Ditto that!

Thank you very much for the standings chart. I see you got right after it in blazing speed.

I would assume the " God of Pick's" will shine on you for helping the ole commish and aiding all our participants.

I predict you go 3-0 this weekend.

best,

touch