NFL Playoff pickem contest (18-19)

knock it close

Well, if i am picking my own prop bets, here they are:

1. MVP? Brady. The girls love him, the media loves him, Jim Nantz is going to say, "Hello Friends, please forgive me and my disgusting man crush on TB, but I just want to see him naked in Disney Land."

2. Edelman goes over 79.5 yards on the day in receptions. Because his beard is epic.

3. I am taking the over on 3.5 FGs in the game by both teams.

4. Brady's longest rush will be under 2.5 yards. You know why? Because he will throw the ball away, he doesn't want to hurt when he and Gisele go to DisneyWorld.

And there it is, the final selections for the year. If they count, they count, if they don't and it is just spread, total, and final score that's good with me too. Have a great weekend.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another prop bet will be does Adam Levine take a knee? I bet no.

OK, just to the contrarian, and because Adam Levine has lots of tattoos which indicates in some capacity he is as well I will say YES. It won't be a full on knee in silence, it will be a knee while he is singing and we will have to figure that is his stance. I think we can assume Roger has told him he doesn't want any controversy like the slipped nip of JJ's. I just feel like Adam has to support Kaep and will do it tastefully so he still gets paid, but it will happen. When Roger Waters begs you to do something, a person does it. I recently watched a show about Roger Waters, and he wasn't painted as the best of bandmates, but he did write "The Wall" and when you do that, well, you can ask a guy to take a knee.

Another prop bet will be does Adam Levine take a knee? I bet no.

OK, just to the contrarian, and because Adam Levine has lots of tattoos which indicates in some capacity he is as well I will say YES. It won't be a full on knee in silence, it will be a knee while he is singing and we will have to figure that is his stance. I think we can assume Roger has told him he doesn't want any controversy like the slipped nip of JJ's. I just feel like Adam has to support Kaep and will do it tastefully so he still gets paid, but it will happen. When Roger Waters begs you to do something, a person does it. I recently watched a show about Roger Waters, and he wasn't painted as the best of bandmates, but he did write "The Wall" and when you do that, well, you can ask a guy to take a knee.

I think you may have hit the nail right on the head there. Maybe a quick church kneel and go and then into the pew.

Final Answer: Rooting for the Rams but I cannot in good conscience pick them to win or Cover.

Give Me the Patriots -2.5

The Under 56.5

If the Patriots can beat two MVP candidates in the playoffs why can't they beat Jared Goff? I don't think Belichick will trot 7DB's and play soft coverage as the Saints did against the Rams to allow them back into the game.

Nope, I can not stand Brady but I will put my hard earned money on him before I will the Rams.

Doctor please provide a final score in the game.

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Ok here is what I have so far.

Somebody update/complete it before kickoff please.

Qqq ---- New England + Over

Pats 31 Rams 28

touch --- LA + Over

Rams 30 Pats 28

Adam --- LA + Over

Rams 34 Pats 27

Pete --- New England + Over

Pats 35 Rams 31

doctoro---New England + Under

Pats 27 Rams 20

CHunt --- New England + Over

Pats 33 Rams 27

Knock it Commish --- LA + Under

Rams 27 Pats 24

Highergr0und --- LA + Over

Rams 37 Pats 24

Pats 31 Rams 28

touch --- LA + Over

Rams 30 Pats 28

Adam --- LA + Over

Rams 34 Pats 27

need final score please

need final score please

Pats 33 Rams 27

The rest of the group's plays???

New England 27.

Rams 20

Gronkowski MVP

It's yours for the taking Q man!

post-373857-0-31838800-1548166939.jpg

I went back many pages and did not see a play from highergrOund.

Please point it out fellas if I have overlooked it.

Maybe we lost him in the two week buildup?

You do sir have the great part of tomorrow to post your picks.

Tomorrow night we will have a new NFL Champion.

The Eagles time will be over.

This playoff contest will have a champion as well. (Knockit took the regular season)

It has been many months of especially great football banter here contained in our threads.

I wish to thank Adam for all the work keeping our standings updated, and for the fun posts you provided.

I too wish to thank Knock it for assuming the role of commissioner during the playoffs.

Mr. Knock is the serious sports bettor in real life boys.

Knock it - I predicted either you or doctoro would win the regular season, so that's one correct pick for me.

Many Big Thanks to all of you football freaks (and golfgirllizie) for playing along.

Qqq - love your wit! Thanks for giving me likes for the (too many) skin (cheerleader) pics I posted ..lol

Pete - you are a wordsmith, an excellent writer, and one hell of a storyteller sir. And too a fabulous comedian.

Mr. Huntsman - glad for all your fun contributions as well. The repost with the soccer babe from Brazil with the spread and the under

was pure gold!

Finally, to my great buddy doctoro. You and I sir go way way back. You have a knack for NFL prognosticating, and I have know that

for decades. You provided all of us with some wise and insightful pro football themed writing, numerous times each week. I

speak for us all Keith and say, Thanks man for you efforts. Peace bro, miss ya lots.

A Fantastic Super Bowl Sunday is wished to all of you guys.

Best,

Lawrence .................. the ole commish touch

and BASEMENT dweller !!!!!!!

Cheers gents

cheers%20with%20wine%20large.jpg.560x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Sorry guys I've been slacking scottsdale has taken a lot out of me. I got LA+2.5 under and 27-24 rams

I'm jealous

51299043_2347220585324616_710253377325367296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=f71dba6538673b3a86b0549ff863798f&oe=5CB427A4

But then again he is the GOAT

51043349_753544168350750_3614283157894856704_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=851d0757ec78e76bcb984dee760f2ad4&oe=5CBCE5F7

Tomorrow night we will have a new NFL Champion.

The Eagles time will be over.

This playoff contest will have a champion as well. (Knockit took the regular season)

It has been many months of especially great football banter here contained in our threads.

I wish to thank Adam for all the work keeping our standings updated, and for the fun posts you provided.

I too wish to thank Knock it for assuming the role of commissioner during the playoffs.

Mr. Knock is the serious sports bettor in real life boys.

Knock it - I predicted either you or doctoro would win the regular season, so that's one correct pick for me.

Many Big Thanks to all of you football freaks (and golfgirllizie) for playing along.

Qqq - love your wit! Thanks for giving me likes for the (too many) skin (cheerleader) pics I posted ..lol

Pete - you are a wordsmith, an excellent writer, and one hell of a storyteller sir. And too a fabulous comedian.

Mr. Huntsman - glad for all your fun contributions as well. The repost with the soccer babe from Brazil with the spread and the under

was pure gold!

Finally, to my great buddy doctoro. You and I sir go way way back. You have a knack for NFL prognosticating, and I have know that

for decades. You provided all of us with some wise and insightful pro football themed writing, numerous times each week. I

speak for us all Keith and say, Thanks man for you efforts. Peace bro, miss ya lots.

A Fantastic Super Bowl Sunday is wished to all of you guys.

Best,

Lawrence .................. the ole commish touch

and BASEMENT dweller !!!!!!!

Cheers gents

cheers%20with%20wine%20large.jpg.560x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Enjoy the game, and hopefully we will all be back in the fall for another go at it.

Thanks Lawrence for all the kind words and God willing we will have a rendezvous on a tee box soon!

Pats 31 Rams 28

touch --- LA + Over

Rams 30 Pats 28

Adam --- LA + Over

Rams 34 Pats 27

Pats 35 Rams 31

Pats 27 Rams 20

Pats 33 Rams 27

Knock it Commish --- LA + Under

Rams 27 Pats 24

Highergr0und --- LA + Over

Rams 37 Pats 24

All the players are in.

Interesting that it's a 50/50 split on the Rams and Pats.

There are 6 Overs and 2 Unders.

post-373857-0-31838800-1548166939.jpg

51404755_2349257925120882_2874547570271584256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=798169bfa8e713c16d42fb9425d60f18&oe=5CFEBE1E

CONGRATULATIONS to Qqq

Nice work in the playoffs sir

I have two things for ya

AMC7-A-L.gif

The second is a ticket to the party cruise I set up for the winner

vintage-admission-ticket-vector-stock_k3960747.jpg

DDQJOihXUAACURs.jpg

So I deleted my Budweiser fueled post of yesterday, but it included some items I felt were self evident.

1. The SB is a spectacle, not a football game, and a sanitized spectacle at that. When I was a kid, the town would be excited as my friends mulled over buying tickets to follow their team to the game. Now? The first 50,000 tickets go to the corporate sponsors who don't care who is playing, and then there is a small number of seats for the fans. It makes the game quiet, and simply just too sterile and gentrified.

2. If you are a fan, and you want to go, you are not the fanatic, but more likely the wealthy corporate suit who can afford to buy the tickets. Now I am not impugning corporate suits, but just as no good story starts with, "I had a salad..." No great story of fandom starts with, "That guy in the khakis..."

3. I was pleased to the see the halftime performers are not paid, but they direct money to charities they support.

4. We can discuss whether Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time, and it is an argument with no clear winner. I do not think we could discuss whether 2 years ago Kaep isn't one of the top 93 QBs in the country. He has been blackballed and I for one would have liked to have seen Adam with more clothes on, and more gumption to support what we know he does.

5. See #2 and Adam kneeling down for high fives. Sorry, not sorry, it was quaint, but they aren't fans of Adam, and they aren't fans of the Rams/Pats either. They are there to be seen, that's it.

6. Edelman's beard is epic.

7. I stand by prediction of the "over" if the roof is closed. They threw a curve ball at me and opened the roof. The conditions just weren't right for a high scoring game in the frozen tundra of ATL

8. Jim Nantz did start out with, "Hello friends..." and it has the same affect on me before football games as it does for the Masters.

9. Rickie Fowler proved some serious mettle at the WMO. I do not know if i could have handled the double drop penalty and still come out firing.

10. Congrats to qqq123.

So I deleted my Budweiser fueled post of yesterday, but it included some items I felt were self evident.

1. The SB is a spectacle, not a football game, and a sanitized spectacle at that. When I was a kid, the town would be excited as my friends mulled over buying tickets to follow their team to the game. Now? The first 50,000 tickets go to the corporate sponsors who don't care who is playing, and then there is a small number of seats for the fans. It makes the game quiet, and simply just too sterile and gentrified.

2. If you are a fan, and you want to go, you are not the fanatic, but more likely the wealthy corporate suit who can afford to buy the tickets. Now I am not impugning corporate suits, but just as no good story starts with, "I had a salad..." No great story of fandom starts with, "That guy in the khakis..."

3. I was pleased to the see the halftime performers are not paid, but they direct money to charities they support.

4. We can discuss whether Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time, and it is an argument with no clear winner. I do not think we could discuss whether 2 years ago Kaep isn't one of the top 93 QBs in the country. He has been blackballed and I for one would have liked to have seen Adam with more clothes on, and more gumption to support what we know he does.

5. See #2 and Adam kneeling down for high fives. Sorry, not sorry, it was quaint, but they aren't fans of Adam, and they aren't fans of the Rams/Pats either. They are there to be seen, that's it.

7. I stand by prediction of the "over" if the roof is closed. They threw a curve ball at me and opened the roof. The conditions just weren't right for a high scoring game in the frozen tundra of ATL

8. Jim Nantz did start out with, "Hello friends..." and it has the same affect on me before football games as it does for the Masters.

9. Rickie Fowler proved some serious mettle at the WMO. I do not know if i could have handled the double drop penalty and still come out firing.

10. Congrats to qqq123.

Great points. Sanitized spectacle. Honestly if it wasn’t for this blog and my annual bet on the game I could have cared less

The Championship games are more entertaining to me.

The Canned crowd at the halftime show is just not my thing.

I love football and hope to get excited about the game going forward but as long as the owners keep corporate interests and money above all else the viewer chart will start trending downward.

One more for you boys.

51443386_2352470144799660_3312804066060402688_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=8190fb5aee4b9b3f6df557adac665146&oe=5CFFF8D6

10. Congrats to qqq123.

#7 The roof was closed for the game.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/video-bill-belichick-needed-to-know-what-the-deal-was-with-the-roof/ar-BBTiieZ

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

10. Congrats to qqq123.

https://www.msn.com/...roof/ar-BBTiieZ

The flyby was aweomse to see in person!!!

10. Congrats to qqq123.

https://www.msn.com/...roof/ar-BBTiieZ

The flyby was aweomse to see in person!!!

I'm sure it was, and then the roof was closed for the game.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar