RECAP:LIVE Q&A with COBRA GOLF! Friday, May 10, NOON ET / 9am PT. Bonus Giveaway!

> @scottu said:

> I'm very intrigued by the one-length club concept. Do you see this as something that more and more people will migrate to and stick with or is it more of a fad? Since no topflight players other than Bryson DeChambeau seem to be playing these clubs, how does this affect the marketing of the club since most amateurs base their equipment choices on what's popular on Tour?

Bryson is always looking to get better equipment, but has huge success with KING Forged Tour. As expected, when we have something, you guys will be among the first to know!

We know that more poeple are using ONE Length every day. And we don't feel like we need many more players than Bryson since he is in the top ten in the world and will be for a long time. Of course it doesn't hurt, but we know most golfers will play better with them. We also have lots of insight that tour players do drive awareness and brand presence, but we have 2 PGA Tour players using Cobra clubs and both are in the top ten in the world. No other brand can claim this!

TO

> @Stuart_G said:

> First of all, I want to commend you on adding the Tour Length driver offerings into your line-up. Fantastic idea - and I hope you continue that practice.

>

> I am curious how are the sales have been going for them since you started the "Tour Length" release?

Thank you! Sales are good and Speedback is doing great his year! - TO

> @granata10 said:

> I am in the market for a new driver and every time I have been fit it’s been pretty consistent. I am low launch (10-11*) higher spin (2500-3000 rpm depending on driver) with a swingspeed around 102mph, I am a scratch golfer and my miss is typically low on the face. I am currently in a Ping G30 LST 10.5 so I know there is better technology out there but have had trouble finding something I hit better. I haven’t been able to get to a golf shop to hit the F9 (I live in northern Michigan and don’t have a cobra dealer near me) but have heard great things about it. What about the King F9 Speedback is going to help me hit the ball further but just as straight as I do now? Driving accuracy has always been a strength but Like everyone I would like to be longer!

The KING F9 Speedback should be faster than the older Ping, best to make that trip to demo against yours. - TO

> @mightywingman said:

> Cobra,

> I was able to borrow my buddy's F9 driver during a buddies trip recently and absolutely LOVE the sound and forgiveness of the driver. Question: The F9 I hit had the Atmos blue stiff shaft. My swing speed is 98-102 mph, and I have average ball flight. Do you think that's the best shaft for me? I would go to a demo and get fit, but there's no demo scheduled for my area (Austin, TX). Thank you.

"Great to hear you like the driver! At your swing speed, of the 4 main shaft offerings, the Atmos blue is probably the best fit for you. The Atmos black and HZRDUS Smoke are lower launch, lower spin, and the Helium shaft is likely too lightweight for you. We've found the Atmos, as a 'smooth bend profile' shaft fits a wide range of people. But we recommend you get fit and being in Austin, you're close to several. See the links below!

https://www.cobragolf.com/dealer-locator?filter=fitters"

TB

> @EamoBricko said:

> Currently playing an F8 hybrid and love the Baffler Rail system, seems to do exactly what you advertise. I know this has been on the last 3 or 4 iterations of hybrids you produced, is the rail system something that will continue on to the next hybrid model? (hopefully!)

For sure, we know they work better for anyone trying to hit shots off the ground!. Check out the KING F9 Speedback fairways and hybrids on the website. - TO

> @mightywingman said:

> Cobra,

> What are the primary differences between the Fairway F9 and the Tour Fairway F9? Which would a 12 handicap be better with?

>

"Good question and as a 12 hdcp, we would probably suggest the standard KING F9 head. However, we occasionally see golfers prefer the Tour version, so that's why its key to hit them both. Check out our website for demo days near you.

The standard F9 has weight back and is easier to play, while the Tour has a smaller head and weight forward for more penetrating trajectory. Your handicap is less important than how you hit the ball (high vs low, left vs right) and what you like to look at as well as how the club feels to you. Some 12s with high flight, like the smaller head so just give it a try."

TO

Cobra -- i loved my F9 but i had to sell it b/c of a few issues in performance i noticed (as others did as well).

no matter what weight setup i put it in, if i 'missed' in my favorite spot, ie fractionally high left of center -- the driver SHOULD spin less and promote a draw. with the F9, i got more spin, less ball speed and no draw.

can you elaborate on this- since it's not just me seeing these results? (see: crossfield, rick shiels)

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @crp709 said:

> Any plans on giving the Trusty Rusty another run? That was my go to wedge in the 90’s. If so could you make a 64 degree and send one my way?

Glad you liked the original Trusty Rusty! We have incorporated our learnings from Trusty Rusty into our current wedge line. The notch that Phil Rodgers created to bring the leading edge height lower while maintaining adequate bounce on the front of the sole is front and center in our new MIM wedges. We are also constantly evaluating finishes and coatings to find the best combination of performance and aesthetic . If Hollywood can re-make every classic movie multiple times I guess we can't rule out "Trusty Rusty part 3!!! The Notch Strikes Back!" - RR

> @132tim said:

> Hi!

> Are there any differences in driver heads with the tour length and standard? Or just length and the adjustable weights? Also in the future how much further can you take the carbon fiber crown? As in extending it further then just wrapping around the corners?

>

> Thanks!

"Just head weight between the Tour length and standard.

As far as the future, always working ahead but can't really talk about it until we get to launch time. We work usually ahead on multiple ideas so sometimes even we don't know what will pop out of the Innovation Team efforts."

TO

How much of a drop off do you typically plan for in clubs that enter year 2/3 of their life cycle (I.E. Forged Tour, King Utility)? I know it will vary from product to product, but from a business standpoint what do you model in?

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

> @tenny352 said:

> I'm a fan of the Venom Vault and have seen some incredible clubs posted in the past. Any chance we'll see any new creations show up in the near future?

There is no set schedule for additions to the Vault. A lot of times its when we can pry it out of someone in R&D's hands! If you are a subscriber to the Cobra email list there is a better chance you will get notification when things are added. You can also check the website periodically. - RR

> @Nickiet55 said:

> Hello! I am a big Cobra guy just because they make phenomenal clubs that perform as well as any others! My question is what have you been hearing about the fairways from guys on tour, as well as the average golfers? I think a lot of the talk has been about the driver, and rightfully so (it is a beast), but I am curious to hear about the fairway wood feedback! I have the F9 fairway but I am waiting on a shaft so I just think it would be interesting to hear what people are saying about it and the new milled face! I am gaming the F8+ driver and that feel off the face is superb, but I have been curious as to how that transfers over into the fairway! I look forward to hearing more about this hopefully! Thank you for all that you guys do!

KING F9 Fairways have rec'd great feedback on looks, sound/feel and performance. Early sales are better than F8 so that's always a good sign of success and customer acceptance. - TO

> @mightywingman said:

> What role does Bryson play in golf club development? He's such an interesting character and is so knowledgeable that I have to think he would want to be involved.

He has no interest in club development, specs, performance, etc.... KIDDING. He is the most inquisitive player we have ever worked with. A story for you.... Early on, his coach called us and said "Bryson is coming in next week and is going to stick around until he figures out every club in the bag." That ended up being from Tues through the following Monday. By the end the week we gave him a badge, called him the "intern" and he was getting coffees for peeps in the morning! We talked physics, clubs, performance, then cut, welded, ground, tweaked, shafted, re-shafted, re-tweaked his whole bag until we got him pretty dialed in. At that time! :) Fun stuff... the Innovation guys handed Bryson all sorts of crazy CG location, almost un-hittable clubs. Bryson would take a couple of waggles and hit the middle of the face. The kid is good. - MY

Mike Yagley Sr Director of Innovation and AI Cobra Golf (Cobra PUMA Golf) (yup... greatest job in the world!)

> @mightywingman said:

> Cobra, when demoing the F9, I noticed that my toe hooks didn't hook as badly as they do with my current gamer. What technology is involved that helps with this? The driver is atop my Wish List! Thank you.

The F9 incorporates our E9 face technology with dual roll which rotates the bulge and roll axis to maximize performance on the high-toe to low-heel impact pattern that golfers have. Our exclusive CNC face machining creates the perfect bulge and roll spec that was designed into the head. No other driver on the market can say that, since they are all polished by hand and subject to the whims of the polisher doing the work. The correct amount of bulge will bring those toe hooks back to the fairway. And we hope you get what you are wishing for! - RR

> @hartrick11 said:

> Any chance of offering power spec/retro spec lofts in future iron sets, or a more forgiving blended set than the King Forged CB/MB? I love my current set of the King Forged CBs and added in a Forged Tec Black 4i, with lofts on the 4 and 5 tweaked, but it seems like a bit of a gap in offerings when you look at how the competitive landscape has evolved even in the last two years since the Forged Tec Blacks were released.

>

> Then again, maybe just a set of DBM Forged Tours would fit that bill! Keep doing what you're doing! The CBs are the best feeling irons I've ever played.

The best way to make your set is to do what tour players do, make the set then try it out, then adjust. Forgings are really easy to bend so that's probably available at your local fitter/golf retailer.

Even better is to play with Cobra Connect powered by Arccos and then you will know how far and accurate they are going and really be able to dial in the specs. This is the best way to dial them in and we know that Arccos data will help you play better. - RR

> @racebannon_42 said:

> > @mightywingman said:

> > What role does Bryson play in golf club development? He's such an interesting character and is so knowledgeable that I have to think he would want to be involved.

>

> He has no interest in club development, specs, performance, etc.... KIDDING. He is the most inquisitive player we have ever worked with. A story for you.... Early on, his coach called us and said "Bryson is coming in next week and is going to stick around until he figures out every club in the bag." That ended up being from Tues through the following Monday. By the end the week we gave him a badge, called him the "intern" and he was getting coffees for peeps in the morning! We talked physics, clubs, performance, then cut, welded, ground, tweaked, shafted, re-shafted, re-tweaked his whole bag until we got him pretty dialed in. At that time! :) Fun stuff... the Innovation guys handed Bryson all sorts of crazy CG location, almost un-hittable clubs. Bryson would take a couple of waggles and hit the middle of the face. The kid is good. - MY

>

Great story!

I've been playing the Cobra Fly-Z driver for nearly 4 years now and love it but have began to get the "new" itch . Which tech innovation would be the biggest game changer for me by switching to the F9? The carbon wrap crown? The CNC milled face? Speedback?

Appreciate the information!

Cobra Fly-Z driver
Exotics E8 Tour 3W
Ping G30 5w
Honma 737V 4-10 irons
Vokey 50/54/60
Bettinardi SS7 Halfmoon

> @radiman said:

> Do you guys ever record the sessions you have with your tour players going over design and such? I have always wondered how in depth they get when they start making suggestions or asking questions about new designs. Would be cool to see some of the prototyping and discussion as the product evolves heading into launch. Something to refer back to after launch to get the story on how the club came to be.

That is a great flipping idea!! We do get a decent amount of video and written feedback but I don't think we have made a feature story out of it. If we do in the future you can tell all your buds where that idea came from!

• Like 1

Mike Yagley Sr Director of Innovation and AI Cobra Golf (Cobra PUMA Golf) (yup... greatest job in the world!)

Who wins their first major first- Rickie or Bryson?

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

> @racebannon_42 said:

> > @radiman said:

> > Do you guys ever record the sessions you have with your tour players going over design and such? I have always wondered how in depth they get when they start making suggestions or asking questions about new designs. Would be cool to see some of the prototyping and discussion as the product evolves heading into launch. Something to refer back to after launch to get the story on how the club came to be.

>

> That is a great flipping idea!! We do get a decent amount of video and written feedback but I don't think we have made a feature story out of it. If we do in the future you can tell all your buds where that idea came from!

Lol, oh, they wouldn't hear the end of it. Not that they'd believe me. But they're be hearing it.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

> @ScottishBruce said:

> Hi recently fitted for an F9 driver and 3 wood. Both have been lofted down 1.5 degrees, could you advise if this opens the face slightly or if there is another reason for the fitter to do this? Both are awesome and love the look, feel and performance. Well done guys. Many thanks

There are numerous reasons why lofting down could be right for you. Because of our SmartPad technology, lofting down does not open the face. Trust the clubs and the fitter, they are good at what they do. And play lots of golf!