PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

> @Shakespeare said:

> Just received mine today. Same specs my gen 1 0311T,s..95 steelfiber ..over all static weight is exactly the same when comparing each iron in the sets ...amazing actually...so I would say D1 across the board which what was advertised

Would really like to hear a performance comparison when you have a chance. Thanks.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @OspreyCI said:

> > @Shakespeare said:

> > Just received mine today. Same specs my gen 1 0311T,s..95 steelfiber ..over all static weight is exactly the same when comparing each iron in the sets ...amazing actually...so I would say D1 across the board which what was advertised

>

> Would really like to hear a performance comparison when you have a chance. Thanks.

No problem...i have them 1 degree weaker then standard so they are a tad stronger than the 0311t,s...hoping the wider sole helps...they go great with the ping 3.0 (non eye 2) wedges. Excited for tomorrow.

I have the 0211 4 iron to go with my 790’s. I love the 4 bounce from the fairway and awesome off the tee. May go to a full set of the 0211’s.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @huntingskeetman said:

> I was fitted and ordered mine last Tuesday, hopefully they’ll ship out by end of next week, can’t wait !

What shaft did you go with? What irons you coming from?

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I have been hitting Callaway Apex CF16’s since spring of 2017, and while pleased overall with their performance, I felt the club fitting was beneficial and that I would be able to see improvement with the 0211’s. I went with the Elevate shafts, currently I play the XP95’s.

I played a quick 9 at my home track with the 0211’s this evening. My initial impressions are;

Feel is very solid. Thin shots feel thin and give an audible indication of the miss. Shots struck in the center are rewarded with a very soft feel, not Mizuno but similar to my CF16’s.

Forgiveness is there. You can get away with a mediocre swing but a bad one will be penalized. At least as forgiving as my CF16 but without offset. My miss was left but instead of missing the green I was on the left side. 5 yard draw or straight was the norm. Once I timed the Accra shaft right it was straight 8 out of 10 shots. Ball flight may have been a touch more boring. This is most likely due to shaft characteristics not the head

Distance is still not completely answered. I was half a club long for the first three holes using the cart based GPS. Based on this initial outing I am going to say they are very similar to my Apex’s when it comes to length.

The grips will be replaced for something with a bit more softness and sweat resistance. They are not horrible just not the same as the ones I am used too. Overall I am very pleased with the 0211 irons. I only wish I had bought a putter as well.

> @usmarine said:

> I played a quick 9 at my home track with the 0211’s this evening. My initial impressions are;

> Feel is very solid. Thin shots feel thin and give an audible indication of the miss. Shots struck in the center are rewarded with a very soft feel, not Mizuno but similar to my CF16’s.

>

> Forgiveness is there. You can get away with a mediocre swing but a bad one will be penalized. At least as forgiving as my CF16 but without offset. My miss was left but instead of missing the green I was on the left side. 5 yard draw or straight was the norm. Once I timed the Accra shaft right it was straight 8 out of 10 shots. Ball flight may have been a touch more boring. This is most likely due to shaft characteristics not the head

>

> Distance is still not completely answered. I was half a club long for the first three holes using the cart based GPS. Based on this initial outing I am going to say they are very similar to my Apex’s when it comes to length.

>

> The grips will be replaced for something with a bit more softness and sweat resistance. They are not horrible just not the same as the ones I am used too. Overall I am very pleased with the 0211 irons. I only wish I had bought a putter as well.

Thanks for the review/update - it is very helpful. Please add more when you get a chance especially

when comparing them to the CF16 Callys.

I forgot to mention turf interaction. The sole design is thinner and the leading edge is sharper than the CF16. I was taking very shallow divots on the Zoisa turf. This was nice and crisp. I am a picker normally so it is a new experience for me. It seemed like these soles fit my swing a little better than the wider rounded sole of the Apex. It is not a major difference but one that seemed to add a bit of versatility. I felt I could nip it just a little better with the gap wedge.

> @thePINGman said:

> > @adamsbrian74 said:

> > My first hole in one tonight at golf league. Got stung several times by yellow jackets on hole 12 then knocked this pro v1 in on 17.

> >

> > PXG 0211 - 7iron, Elevate Tour Shaft.

> > 152 yard Par 3

> > KABOOM!

> >

> > 26 years playing. First Hole-In-1!

> >

> > n99sgqwok1fl.jpeg

> >

>

> This is awesome!!!

This is wrx..you meant 152 yd gap wedge...well done!

> @Shakespeare said:

> > @thePINGman said:

> > > @adamsbrian74 said:

> > > My first hole in one tonight at golf league. Got stung several times by yellow jackets on hole 12 then knocked this pro v1 in on 17.

> > >

> > > PXG 0211 - 7iron, Elevate Tour Shaft.

> > > 152 yard Par 3

> > > KABOOM!

> > >

> > > 26 years playing. First Hole-In-1!

> > >

> > > n99sgqwok1fl.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > This is awesome!!!

>

> This is wrx..you meant 152 yd gap wedge...well done!

Of course. X100’s hardstepped.

> @adamsbrian74 said:

> My first hole in one tonight at golf league. Got stung several times by yellow jackets on hole 12 then knocked this pro v1 in on 17.

>

> PXG 0211 - 7iron, Elevate Tour Shaft.

> 152 yard Par 3

> KABOOM!

>

> 26 years playing. First Hole-In-1!

>

> n99sgqwok1fl.jpeg

>

If you kept any of those yellow jackets, keep them close. Just let them sting you a bit about an hour before tee time. If it works again, We will see you on tour.

> @adamsbrian74 said:

> My first hole in one tonight at golf league. Got stung several times by yellow jackets on hole 12 then knocked this pro v1 in on 17.

>

> PXG 0211 - 7iron, Elevate Tour Shaft.

> 152 yard Par 3

> KABOOM!

>

> 26 years playing. First Hole-In-1!

>

> n99sgqwok1fl.jpeg

>

Congrats! How the heck we’re you able to repair that ball mark?

> @Shakespeare said:

> > @OspreyCI said:

> > > @Shakespeare said:

> > > Just received mine today. Same specs my gen 1 0311T,s..95 steelfiber ..over all static weight is exactly the same when comparing each iron in the sets ...amazing actually...so I would say D1 across the board which what was advertised

> >

> > Would really like to hear a performance comparison when you have a chance. Thanks.

>

> No problem...i have them 1 degree weaker then standard so they are a tad stronger than the 0311t,s...hoping the wider sole helps...they go great with the ping 3.0 (non eye 2) wedges. Excited for tomorrow.

So I got these on flightscope , not on the course. Hit the 0211's against the 0311t's. 0211 a half degree weaker in the 4 iron and 1 degree weaker for the rest of the set up until the 9 and pw which were the same

Feel - 0211 feel great. As good as the 0311t..maybe a little better on solid strikes...just solid and soft for cast.

Distance and height- almost exactly the same if you take into account the 1 deg differece. In the four iron , my best was only 3 yards farther carry with same roll at a half degree difference in loft. Peak heights were nearly identical as well.

Workability - 0311t could be worked a little more right to left. Cut shots were very similar. Knock down easier with the t's, but was able to flight the 0211s down if needed

Overall - will be swithching to the 0211's. Bigger face and more bounce made them easy to hit for me. On a side note I hit the ping blueprint 4 iron, and it was EASY to hit . Good height ,but distance with the traditional lofts was 15 yards behind the pxg,s but man they felt good.

Great stuff Shakespeare. Thanks for the review.

Can I ask what your hdcp is? What shafts do you have in the 0211’s. Did I ask this already......

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @OspreyCI said:

> Great stuff Shakespeare. Thanks for the review.

>

> Can I ask what your hdcp is? What shafts do you have in the 0211’s. Did I ask this already......

Yes...steelfibers 95....lets leave it that im a plus handicap im my late 50 's ...like many on this forum, .....spin is something i like in my irons and these are no issues at the 1 deg weaker lofts....always played a forged iron, but pxg has changed all that with the feel and spin of their product...and i dont say that lightly

• Like 1

I just changed from PXG 0311 gen 1 xfs to 0211 and I absolutely love them. Less offset on the shorter clubs and 5 and 6 launch! Both sets had Steelfiber I 95 regular which have been very solid. I got the sand wedge with the new set and really like that too (old sw had gotten the laterals - had to go).

I like the blade look - never really like all those black bolt heads. Soles and size are actually about the same although the top line is thinner which I like. Feel is similar if not better. My index is 11.

• Like 1

Since I put the 0211 4 iron in the bag and reading all these reviews, my beloved P790’s are starting to think I am cheating and a divorce is in our future.?

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Spoiled by living in Phoenix and get to be fit at PXG HQ and get to pick them up in person. Just saying.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @Waytall said:

> > @adamsbrian74 said:

> > My first hole in one tonight at golf league. Got stung several times by yellow jackets on hole 12 then knocked this pro v1 in on 17.

> >

> > PXG 0211 - 7iron, Elevate Tour Shaft.

> > 152 yard Par 3

> > KABOOM!

> >

> > 26 years playing. First Hole-In-1!

> >

> > n99sgqwok1fl.jpeg

> >

>

> Congrats! How the heck we’re you able to repair that ball mark?

I did my best so the others could putt, but just took a pic of it and sent it to the course supervisor with my apologies!

My order was placed on the 7th. Received Thursday. Went to the range yesterday. I did 5-sw and the first gen lx driver. Hit through the set and very happy with the irons. Did struggle a bit with the driver compared to how the tracman fitting went. Wondering if this is a common phenomenon of getting real time swing feedback during a fitting, tweaking swing ect. Teebox was always the achilles of my game back in the day so gives me something to work on. I am 61, bogey golfer, did R flex on the irons. Very happy with the clubs and the process.

Second 9 holes with the 0211’s today. Really struck the irons solid. I played the front 9 today and I am much more familiar with my distances on this side. I now feel these are within 5 yards of the Callaway Apex’s . Which basically means they are the same due to my miss with the Apex being a pull which goes further. I can’t get over how good they feel and sound when hit flush. Spent quite a bit of time chipping with the gap. Really good results, normally chip with my sand or lob. After watching Th US Amateur I have been inspired to use lower lofted irons and let the ball roll out more.

I am very happy with my purchase and my Apex’s will be my sons if he wants them.

> @usmarine said:

> I can’t get over how good they feel and sound when hit flush. Spent quite a bit of time chipping with the gap. Really good results, normally chip with my sand or lob.

>

> I am very happy with my purchase and my Apex’s will be my sons if he wants them.

That's great. By the way, what ball were you using ? How was the trajectory ? Easy launch ? Thanks...