PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

> @usmarine said:

> The biggest difference I noticed between the CF16 and the 0211 with the same shaft was weight. The 0211 was lighter. Fitter agreed they were light heads but swing weight adjustments should cure that. They are also much different as far as soles are concerned. If you look at the side by side photo I took you will see the relief on the leading edge of the CF16 but not on the 0211. I am a picker so it will work for me might take some adjusting for a digger.

I just took a second look at your pics and see what you mean. I’m also a picker so hopefully it won’t be an issue.

I got a free fitting and the fitter recommended I move from XP 95 to Steelfiber i80. Originally I was going to reshaft my CF16s with Steelfibers since I didn’t see enough of an improvement with other heads I tested to warrant new heads, but I did see a decent improvement in dispersion and distance with the 0211 so now I’m really contemplating making the switch.

> @Poser said:

> The 0211 irons arrived today I had been playing Callaway apex pro 19 model for about 2 months. Previous to that I was playing the 0311T irons from PXG. I hit a few shots to get comparison between the irons here are my thoughts.

>

> Backstory: I bought the original 0311t PXG irons about 3 years ago and first round out the 7 iron head went flying off then later the 9 iron. I assume it was something with the builder who set them up but, I wasn’t happy right off the bat. As far as feel goes they do feel amazing but, even when I got the issue with the heads resolved I again lost the head off the 4 iron a year later and the ferrules constantly start slipping out. I was willing to give the PXG another try though with the hero program they had running with the 0211 irons it was a great deal.

>

> Specs:

> 0211 – Modus 120x shafts with PXG stock grips

> 0311T – Modus 130s with MCC +4

> Apex Pro19 – KBS Tour X

>

> Feel: I’ve heard these feel as good as a forged iron so I was expecting a lot since that’s all I’ve played the last 10 years. From comparing them to the callaway apex pro19 and the 0311t PXG it’s not even close as far as feel goes. A mishit on one of these irons feels about as good as the best shot on the 0211 cast clubs. With that said though the two other irons are probably the best feeling to me that I’ve ever hit. For a Cast club I guess these are good. A solid strike does feel good but, nowhere close as good as the apex and 0311. Also the stock grips that PXG provides are pretty much garbage for playing here in the humid south. They will be the first thing I change

>

>

> Numbers: They are all pretty close here. All these numbers were stock swing with Foresight GC2 off a mat.

>

> Irons 9/7 Ballspeed avg Carry avg Spin avg

> 0211 113 / 125 153 / 180 6500 / 4800

> 0311t 113 / 125 154 / 182 6500 / 5000

>

> Conclusion: For the price with the hero program I guess it’s hard to complain about them with the free included driver. I’m honestly not sure if I’m going to keep them or return them. I’ll hit a few more indoors to see if it’s worth taking them out and keeping em. The driver was very lacking compared to my cobra f9 so it would never go into play anyways. I guess if I keep the irons I could seel the driver on ebay.

>

We get it poser you dont have to post 10 times. 0211 feel as good as Gen1 or Gen2

> @bastarf said:

> > @usmarine said:

>

> > The biggest difference I noticed between the CF16 and the 0211 with the same shaft was weight. The 0211 was lighter. Fitter agreed they were light heads but swing weight adjustments should cure that. They are also much different as far as soles are concerned. If you look at the side by side photo I took you will see the relief on the leading edge of the CF16 but not on the 0211. I am a picker so it will work for me might take some adjusting for a digger.

>

> I just took a second look at your pics and see what you mean. I’m also a picker so hopefully it won’t be an issue.

>

> I got a free fitting and the fitter recommended I move from XP 95 to Steelfiber i80. Originally I was going to reshaft my CF16s with Steelfibers since I didn’t see enough of an improvement with other heads I tested to warrant new heads, but I did see a decent improvement in dispersion and distance with the 0211 so now I’m really contemplating making the switch.

I played steel fiber i95 for two years great shaft. During fitting the Accra had better dispersion for me. Shaft felt great smooth and stable. I will post again as soon as I can get some range time in. These just like the steel fiber add $25 per club.

> @MEsserJr said:

> Everything about PXG is probably overrated. Performance wise they aren't better than anything else. Price wise, forget it!

> @MEsserJr said:

And...? Let’s hear about your experience with them. Did you hit them? How did they compare against your Titleist clubs?

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro

I demo’d the 0211 yesterday..

looks: really nice! Better in person then online for sure. Address is not bad at all and not too thick like a SGI which really bothers me.

Feel: don’t like the feel at contact. Cast or not, the feels not good for me. I use a full set of TMBs (stainless steel cast) and when I pure it, it feels pure(not Mizuno pure but you get it) and mis hits feel like mis hits. 02’s, I was not impressed in feel all around.

Performance on the range: Distance is the same as 03’s and forgiveness is there, if fit with the right shaft.. its a good club. But, range is equivalent to test driving a car at 25 mph, wish I could take it to the course with my shaft/ grip to really test it.

You can’t beat the hero’s program price but please try at a demo before you buy online even with a free driver. I feel this is a great price for the clubs value, but it’s still a big purchase and testing in person(not over the phone/ online) is a must before purchase.

Some clubs you have to work your body to adjust to the club and some you swing likes it’s and extension of your body. These I had to adjust.

q00h82jfamht.jpeg

glp7on5ohghh.jpeg

m7l6kbsbjdna.jpeg

Curious about the black stripe across the back of the club. The picture above shows it, but PXG’s website does not. What’s the story?

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

It’s just the reflections of the environment.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

> @rbilramz said:

> Curious about the black stripe across the back of the club. The picture above shows it, but PXG’s website does not. What’s the story?

I noticed this effect when my friend was getting fitted. It is kind of cool looking. The band is silver when looked at directly but appears black when you look at it from behind at an angle.

I thought they felt great. I play z545’s with DG’s now. I had a fitting done with PXG and the fitter was great. Not pushy in the least bit, let me swing any of my clubs to compare numbers To the 0211’s. I was initially worried they would be too large at address, but they’re appealing enough.

During my fitting, we tried to make the stock shafts work for me, but I had much better distance and dispersion with C-Tapers. The next two weeks spent waiting for them to be built and delivered will really suck.

> @WIGolf said:

> I thought they felt great. I play z545’s with DG’s now. I had a fitting done with PXG and the fitter was great. Not pushy in the least bit, let me swing any of my clubs to compare numbers To the 0211’s. I was initially worried they would be too large at address, but they’re appealing enough.

>

> During my fitting, we tried to make the stock shafts work for me, but I had much better distance and dispersion with C-Tapers. The next two weeks spent waiting for them to be built and delivered will really suck.

I'm also in the z545's right now and waiting for mine to be built. How did you find the size and topline looking down at them compared to the Srixons?

Maybe just a touch bigger than the srixons? Small enough of a difference that I almost don’t notice. > @K13 said:

> > @WIGolf said:

> > I thought they felt great. I play z545’s with DG’s now. I had a fitting done with PXG and the fitter was great. Not pushy in the least bit, let me swing any of my clubs to compare numbers To the 0211’s. I was initially worried they would be too large at address, but they’re appealing enough.

> >

> > During my fitting, we tried to make the stock shafts work for me, but I had much better distance and dispersion with C-Tapers. The next two weeks spent waiting for them to be built and delivered will really suck.

>

> I'm also in the z545's right now and waiting for mine to be built. How did you find the size and topline looking down at them compared to the Srixons?

> @bastarf said:

> > @usmarine said:

>

> > The biggest difference I noticed between the CF16 and the 0211 with the same shaft was weight. The 0211 was lighter. Fitter agreed they were light heads but swing weight adjustments should cure that. They are also much different as far as soles are concerned. If you look at the side by side photo I took you will see the relief on the leading edge of the CF16 but not on the 0211. I am a picker so it will work for me might take some adjusting for a digger.

>

> I just took a second look at your pics and see what you mean. I’m also a picker so hopefully it won’t be an issue.

>

> I got a free fitting and the fitter recommended I move from XP 95 to Steelfiber i80. Originally I was going to reshaft my CF16s with Steelfibers since I didn’t see enough of an improvement with other heads I tested to warrant new heads, but I did see a decent improvement in dispersion and distance with the 0211 so now I’m really contemplating making the switch.

I will say that my experience with the steel fiber was great. They play stiff to flex in my opinion. I think they give you the feeling of control like a steel shat but absorb vibration very effectively. Made all the difference when it came to my tennis elbow. You really can’t go wrong just try different flex to be sure they don’t make you work to hard.

> @usmarine said:

> I will say that my experience with the steel fiber was great. They play stiff to flex in my opinion. I think they give you the feeling of control like a steel shat but absorb vibration very effectively. Made all the difference when it came to my tennis elbow. You really can’t go wrong just try different flex to be sure they don’t make you work to hard.

Makes a lot of sense that they play a bit stiffer than indicated flex. My tempo is super deliberate so I always have a hard time loading up most standard shafts, but conversely a lot of reg shafts are a tad too soft. I'm also pretty shaft weight sensitive. For whatever reason I can't get a good sense of where the clubhead is when I play heavier shafts.

I might just have to make the switch to Steelfibers. I ordered my 0211's with the Elevate 95 shafts since the Steelfibers i80's were a +$50 upcharge and PXG quoted a 4 week build time because they have to special order the shafts. Figured I'd just order the clubs now and I can have my guy swap out the shafts. Costs a tad more in labor but then I wouldn't have to wait a month+.

> @TIM929 said:

> I demo’d the 0211 yesterday..

>

> looks: really nice! Better in person then online for sure. Address is not bad at all and not too thick like a SGI which really bothers me.

>

> Feel: don’t like the feel at contact. Cast or not, the feels not good for me. I use a full set of TMBs (stainless steel cast) and when I pure it, it feels pure(not Mizuno pure but you get it) and mis hits feel like mis hits. 02’s, I was not impressed in feel all around.

>

> Performance on the range: Distance is the same as 03’s and forgiveness is there, if fit with the right shaft.. its a good club. But, range is equivalent to test driving a car at 25 mph, wish I could take it to the course with my shaft/ grip to really test it.

>

> You can’t beat the hero’s program price but please try at a demo before you buy online even with a free driver. I feel this is a great price for the clubs value, but it’s still a big purchase and testing in person(not over the phone/ online) is a must before purchase.

>

> Some clubs you have to work your body to adjust to the club and some you swing likes it’s and extension of your body. These I had to adjust.

>

> q00h82jfamht.jpeg

> glp7on5ohghh.jpeg

> m7l6kbsbjdna.jpeg

>

Allow me to disagree. At that price I would buy anyway and if I don't like them, I would sell the heroes package on ebay, making some profit.

Wondering why they became so aggressive with the program, whether to gain market shares or to cash some money.

I don't think those cost more than a normal iron made by other OEMs, hence they should have some margin also selling at 105. If I was in the market for those, I would be pretty upset that someone buys the same product at about 45% discount, getting also a driver for free.

> @bastarf said:

> > @usmarine said:

>

> > I will say that my experience with the steel fiber was great. They play stiff to flex in my opinion. I think they give you the feeling of control like a steel shat but absorb vibration very effectively. Made all the difference when it came to my tennis elbow. You really can’t go wrong just try different flex to be sure they don’t make you work to hard.

>

> Makes a lot of sense that they play a bit stiffer than indicated flex. My tempo is super deliberate so I always have a hard time loading up most standard shafts, but conversely a lot of reg shafts are a tad too soft. I'm also pretty shaft weight sensitive. For whatever reason I can't get a good sense of where the clubhead is when I play heavier shafts.

>

> I might just have to make the switch to Steelfibers. I ordered my 0211's with the Elevate 95 shafts since the Steelfibers i80's were a +$50 upcharge and PXG quoted a 4 week build time because they have to special order the shafts. Figured I'd just order the clubs now and I can have my guy swap out the shafts. Costs a tad more in labor but then I wouldn't have to wait a month+.

I played the Regular flex for a season. They were in a set of Used Apex irons. Had stiffs installed to help straighten out my ball flight (less pulls) and help with tempo. My swing speed is mid 80s with an iron. Really helped me over the season. Most people that would swing my irons on the range commented how stiff they feel. The regular reminded me of the old 5.5 rifle feel.

How much are the 0211's per club through Hero's pricing?

Gamer/Backup
Driver: PING G410 LST 9 w/ EF Black 6.5; Cobra LTD PRO w/ Speeder 661 iv and Cobra F8+ with Evenflow Blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff; 
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5; Titleist 915 2H
3H- Titleist 915 2H dialed up in loft to 19; Ping G with Evenflow Blue 85 6.0
4 iron: G400 Crossover; G400 green dot CFS stiff, It's stamped 5 iron but power spec at 22* I use it as 4 iron; N/A
5-PW: Ping i15 green dot AWT stiff; PXG 0211 w/ Elevate Tour VSS Pro stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm8 2 up; 52/12 F Vokey SM7
58/12 d: Vokey sm8 2 up; 58/12 d Vokey sm7 
Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum; Ping Anser Milled 5; Nike Method Matter B2-05
Ball: Wilson FG Tour

> @Poser said:

> > @MEsserJr said:

> > Everything about PXG is probably overrated. Performance wise they aren't better than anything else. Price wise, forget it!

>

> except they are actually more cheaper than Callaway, Titleist, Taylormade, Mizuno, Ping ect... My 0211 cost 350 less than I paid for the 19 apex pro

And do you feel that they are worth what you paid? What are you playing now? I have the Apex 19's (not pro) and really enjoy them, but the 0211's are enticing. Just wondering how you would compare the Apex to the 0211's.

> @jjfcpa said:

> > @Poser said:

> > > @MEsserJr said:

> > > Everything about PXG is probably overrated. Performance wise they aren't better than anything else. Price wise, forget it!

> >

> > except they are actually more cheaper than Callaway, Titleist, Taylormade, Mizuno, Ping ect... My 0211 cost 350 less than I paid for the 19 apex pro

>

> And do you feel that they are worth what you paid? What are you playing now? I have the Apex 19's (not pro) and really enjoy them, but the 0211's are enticing. Just wondering how you would compare the Apex to the 0211's.

Apex feel better for sure but, they are forged and these are cast. I had a 90 day playability guarantee with the apex I may end up taking them back and playing the 0211s they give me similar numbers just not as nice feeling

> @usmarine said:

> > @asumnerdawg said:

> > How much are the 0211's per club through Hero's pricing?

>

> $105 per with stock shaft offering. $25 up charge for upgraded shafts.

FWIW, PXG also offer upgraded shafts not listed on the website configurator as well. Upcharge for those shafts are at market rate and the 2-3 shafts I inquired about had 3-4 week build times due to the shafts being special ordered. From the sound of it, they could order whatever shaft you want.

> @bastarf said:

> > @usmarine said:

> > > @asumnerdawg said:

> > > How much are the 0211's per club through Hero's pricing?

> >

> > $105 per with stock shaft offering. $25 up charge for upgraded shafts.

>

> FWIW, PXG also offer upgraded shafts not listed on the website configurator as well. Upcharge for those shafts are at market rate and the 2-3 shafts I inquired about had 3-4 week build times due to the shafts being special ordered. From the sound of it, they could order whatever shaft you want.

Thanks. Is it frowned upon to have a veteran buy them for you?

Gamer/Backup
Driver: PING G410 LST 9 w/ EF Black 6.5; Cobra LTD PRO w/ Speeder 661 iv and Cobra F8+ with Evenflow Blue 65 6.5
3wd: TEE CB Pro 14.5 Speeder 757 stiff; 
5wd: Cobra F6 Baffler set at 17.5; Titleist 915 2H
3H- Titleist 915 2H dialed up in loft to 19; Ping G with Evenflow Blue 85 6.0
4 iron: G400 Crossover; G400 green dot CFS stiff, It's stamped 5 iron but power spec at 22* I use it as 4 iron; N/A
5-PW: Ping i15 green dot AWT stiff; PXG 0211 w/ Elevate Tour VSS Pro stiff
52/12 F: Vokey sm8 2 up; 52/12 F Vokey SM7
58/12 d: Vokey sm8 2 up; 58/12 d Vokey sm7 
Putter: Taylormade Spider Platinum; Ping Anser Milled 5; Nike Method Matter B2-05
Ball: Wilson FG Tour

> @asumnerdawg said:

> > @bastarf said:

> > > @usmarine said:

> > > > @asumnerdawg said:

> > > > How much are the 0211's per club through Hero's pricing?

> > >

> > > $105 per with stock shaft offering. $25 up charge for upgraded shafts.

> >

> > FWIW, PXG also offer upgraded shafts not listed on the website configurator as well. Upcharge for those shafts are at market rate and the 2-3 shafts I inquired about had 3-4 week build times due to the shafts being special ordered. From the sound of it, they could order whatever shaft you want.

>

> Thanks. Is it frowned upon to have a veteran buy them for you?

>

I would say “yes” it is, or should be, frowned upon to buy a set for someone that is not a Veteran. Most Vets were taught honesty and integrity. I wouldn’t do it myself for anyone.

Sorry, just saying.

• Like 2

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick