Jump to content

PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?


Recommended Posts

> @balls_deep said:

> Lordy those things are big. I thought the 790 was chunky! Thanks for posting those pics.

 

I didn’t expect them to be blade like. Top lines actually look a little better than the 790 in the pics and I don’t mind the 790 in person. Blade length looks a tad long but honestly not too bad at address. Looking at the sole views I thought they’d look longer than they actually do at address.

 

 

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A hundred people will mention the price point. Why pay for PXG when Callaway, Cobra, Ping, etc perform just as good for a better price? Yet, Srixon performs just as good or better than those mentio

Seems like everyone that plays the PXG's speak very highly of them.   And everyone that doesn't can't say enough bad things about them.

I hated to cancel my 0211 order but fortunately found a new set on eBay. The soles were pristine with just a few ball marks that brushed right off. I initially ordered 5-L but got this set 4-L in the

Posted Images

@Dunny51 did you go with the elevate shafts?

  • Like 1

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @pollock21 said:

> @Dunny51 did you go with the elevate shafts?

 

Yea I went with the 95. With a midsize grip they feel heavier to me than P790 w DG105. My fitter also told me the elevate plays a little stiffer than the DG105.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received my single 7 iron couple days ago. Been raining for weeks here in the northeast so I haven't been able to spend a lot of time testing it out so these are basically my first impressions. First off my personal opinion is it looks great. As seen in photo's already posted in this thread blade length is slightly longer than the P790 as well as my Apex 19 7 iron. I would not want the 0211 blade any longer than it already is though. Any longer I would begin to not like the appearance. The top line is thinner than the Apex 19 & looks pretty similar to the i500 top line. The feel off the few shots I've hit is very nice. Slightly softer than the Apex 19 & a good bit softer than the i500 in my opinion. The sound is so subjective that all I can say is it's not offensive & I have no issues with it. Further testing is in order but I'm already thinking of ordering the rest of these irons. Like I need another set of irons. LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Raining all day here but tried to get a good picture at address with a ball. Much respect to the guys who always post these types of pictures bc it’s not as easy as it looks especially with an older phone. Again 5, 7, PW, and GW. Or PW, GW, 5, 7 as they showed up out of order again

sbkj1x31oys9.jpeg

9v64znpgwn3v.jpeg

29lapq6r7i3p.jpeg

9wba94jqt6zf.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look great by the ball!

Driver: Cobra SZ Xtreme 9° HZRDUS Green 6.5
Fairway: G410 LST EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 75 & G410 5 Wood EF Black 6.5 Handcrafted 85
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919T 4-PW PX 6.5
Wedges: Mizuno T20 50/55/60 S400
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Copper

Link to post
Share on other sites

Picking up a 4 iron to go with my P790 set. $50 cheaper per club than the P790 thru Hero’s Program. I demo’d 0211’s at my PXG fitting and I loved them. If I didn’t just get a Gen 2 driver and Putter, the 0211’s would be in the bag.

PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*
Scotty Special Select NP2

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @OspreyCI said:

> Picking up a 4 iron to go with my P790 set. $50 cheaper per club than the P790 thru Hero’s Program. I demo’d 0211’s at my PXG fitting and I loved them. If I didn’t just get a Gen 2 driver and Putter, the 0211’s would be in the bag.

 

How would you compare the 0211 to your P790’s top to bottom? Size, feel, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @nDroid3 said:

> Got mine for the $125 and noticed it went down to $115. Called PXG and they gave me a refund on the difference.

Ordered my set of 0211s with Elevate Tours at $115/each then saw they went down to $105, called my fitter and he refunded the difference. If y’all are interested, pull the trigger now, $735/set is a steal. Also, used my dad’s military discount since the fitter said they don’t advertise it but the discount applies to immediate family.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Golftro said:

> > @nDroid3 said:

> > Got mine for the $125 and noticed it went down to $115. Called PXG and they gave me a refund on the difference.

> Ordered my set of 0211s with Elevate Tours at $115/each then saw they went down to $105, called my fitter and he refunded the difference. If y’all are interested, pull the trigger now, $735/set is a steal. Also, used my dad’s military discount since the fitter said they don’t advertise it but the discount applies to immediate family.

 

Almost the same thing happened to me. Ordered an 0211 4 iron for $125 and saw Friday that they have dropped to $105 a club (smoking deal btw). I called and they said they couldn’t refund my difference, but asked what I needed. Told them I wanted a PXG Visor and they said no problem. Good stuff!

 

I imagine my P790’s being replaced with the 0211’s. Can’t wait to get the 4 and give it a go. I loved the 7 iron dying a demo.

PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
TM MG2 54*
TM HT 60*
Scotty Special Select NP2

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep in same boat. Went down for me as well and they would not refund anything. They did offer me a hat or shirt but I declined. Told them I was debating buying a 3 wood and would love any sort of credit towards that and they said no

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t believe I missed the $105 price. I’ve been checking almost daily and almost pulled the trigger at $115. Now they’re at $130 and the retail price has jumped $25 ($220). I had a chance to demo at my course beside my gamers (i500) and performance was basically a wash (4i, 7i, and PW). The 0211’s were slightly better feeling and sounding. The club HO in me wants new irons and $105 probably would have sealed the deal, but I’m having a hard time justifying the difference in cost at anything higher then that (will take a huge hit on selling i500’s).

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @JDMRN81 said:

> I can’t believe I missed the $105 price. I’ve been checking almost daily and almost pulled the trigger at $115. Now they’re at $130 and the retail price has jumped $25 ($220). I had a chance to demo at my course beside my gamers (i500) and performance was basically a wash (4i, 7i, and PW). The 0211’s were slightly better feeling and sounding. The club HO in me wants new irons and $105 probably would have sealed the deal, but I’m having a hard time justifying the difference in cost at anything higher then that (will take a huge hit on selling i500’s).

 

Where are you seeing these prices? I still see the $105 on the website.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @Dpak05 said:

> > @JDMRN81 said:

> > I can’t believe I missed the $105 price. I’ve been checking almost daily and almost pulled the trigger at $115. Now they’re at $130 and the retail price has jumped $25 ($220). I had a chance to demo at my course beside my gamers (i500) and performance was basically a wash (4i, 7i, and PW). The 0211’s were slightly better feeling and sounding. The club HO in me wants new irons and $105 probably would have sealed the deal, but I’m having a hard time justifying the difference in cost at anything higher then that (will take a huge hit on selling i500’s).

>

> Where are you seeing these prices? I still see the $105 on the website.

 

I just checked on my computer and it’s saying $105. My phone is saying $130 but then I checked and somehow my shafts were changed from the elevates to DG 120’s.

 

![](https://i.imgur.com/V3FwCWyl.png "")

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is uncanny how much PXGs look like Pings from address. You can really see their engineers’ heritage.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 Speeder 661 Evolution IV X
Cobra Big Tour 13.5 3 wood Ventus Blue 7 X
Cobra Speedzone 18.5 5 wood @ 17.5 Ventus Blue 8 X
Titleist TS3 21 degree hybrid @ 20 Atmos TS Blue HB 8 X
Ping i210 5-9 Power Spec Steelfiber i110 S hardstepped
Ping Glide 2 Stealth SS 45, 50, 55, 60 KBS 610 Wedge 120 S
Ping Sigma G Ketch B

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @"Spaulding S." said:

> Are the 0211’s, being cast, going to be more resistant to bag chatter than the 0311’s? I really like my Gen 1s but after 8 months they are pretty beat up and I am pretty careful to take care of them.

They should hold up way better. That's the only thing I don't like about fully forged irons.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Irons are like blue collar workers...They have a tough job which requires them getting dirty and banged up...If they were suppose to stay pretty, they would come with head covers like those pretty little woods/hybrids...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I cancelled my order from the 2nd and reordered (made a few changes as well) to get the free driver. Anybody hit with the MMT graphite shafts? I know they’re a little light but when I demoed the only graphite shaft I tried was the Accra 90i.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

> @ssfranny said:

> Well now they have a smoking deal on these 0211s are $105 a club and for a limited time when you buy 6 irons you get a gen1 driver free thats a crazy deal! I have Gen1s but couldnt pass this up!

 

Is this heroes program only or anyone?

 

Thx

Titleist TS3 8.5 Project X Evenflow T1100 65 6.0 Titleist TS3 15 Project X Evenflow T1100 75 6.0 Titleist T-MB 718 3 Iron Project X 6.5 Titleist AP2 718 4-PW KBS C TAPER 125 S+ Titleist Vokey SM7 52.08F KBS 610 Wedge 125 Titleist Vokey SM7 56.10S KBS 610 Wedge 125 Titleist Vokey SM8 60.10S Dynamic Gold S200 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 ProV1x

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @benthegolfer said:

>

>

> > @ssfranny said:

> > Well now they have a smoking deal on these 0211s are $105 a club and for a limited time when you buy 6 irons you get a gen1 driver free thats a crazy deal! I have Gen1s but couldnt pass this up!

>

> Is this heroes program only or anyone?

>

> Thx

 

Heroes

Link to post
Share on other sites

They look better than their forged Frankenstein head models with all the bolts on the back. That design never looked good or even premium to me....looked unfinished, like a prototype or fitting club with sleeve adapter, etc. New one looks nice and sleek, I'll give it that.

Ping G400 10.5 Ping Tour 65
Ping G400 14.5 Ping Tour 75  
Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85
Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120
Yururi Tataki 52.5 & 60.5 KBS Hi Rev 125
Ping Anser 2 Milled
NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
Titleist AVX 
UA Jordan Spieth 2
Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)

Link to post
Share on other sites

These look to be very similar to the G700's I bought last year which has piqued my interest. Backstory on my G700's: went to a fitting session and landed on them with KBS TGI 60 shafts. Decided to save some coin and just pick up a set of the 700's with the stock CB Alta R, which are 72g and just call it a day. They have been fantastic for me, but at the hero's pricing on these with KBS TGI 70 as an option, I may be tempted to give them a try. Anyone happen to know the difference between that CB Alta and KBS TGI'S?

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @"Spaulding S." said:

> Just ordered 0211’s 4-GW with the MMT graphite shafts, my first go w/ graphite. Also ordered a 0317x hybrid 17 deg. w/ the MMT shaft. And of course the Gen 1 XF driver w an Evenflow is coming along as well.

 

Did you demo the MMT shaft before purchasing? I only tried the elevates 95's and accra 90i's at my demo, wanted to try the MMT's but they're a little lighter then I prefer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

> @JDMRN81 said:

> > @"Spaulding S." said:

> > Just ordered 0211’s 4-GW with the MMT graphite shafts, my first go w/ graphite. Also ordered a 0317x hybrid 17 deg. w/ the MMT shaft. And of course the Gen 1 XF driver w an Evenflow is coming along as well.

>

> Did you demo the MMT shaft before purchasing? I only tried the elevates 95's and accra 90i's at my demo, wanted to try the MMT's but they're a little lighter then I prefer.

 

I didn’t hit them first, so I am a little anxious. But I did call PXG and discuss with one of the guys and feel pretty sure they will work well for me.

 

Also, I would encourage anyone considering taking advantage of the free driver deal to call as there are other shaft options not listed on the website available as stock. I was told I could get a Tensei CK Pro Blue as an option, but I have that shaft in my Gen 2 and the adapters are interchangeable so I will have both shafts for both heads.

Are you gonna eat your fat?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...