PXG 0211 irons - what do you think?

jjfcpa

Played a few holes at my home club yesterday. The 0211 feel great and they are very forgiving. I hit few pretty skanky and they didn't seem to get punished too much. I played 18 holes at a fairly long course today 7k yards and they preformed really well. They feel great and are plenty forgiving. For me they work well.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

Anyone know about the Elevate tour shaft. I'm a long time KBS Tour guy and just curious about the stock shaft.

• Like 1
Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Have played a round in league and 18 holes yesterday at Hickory Stick in Greenwood IN with the new PXG setup.

I ended up getting an entire bag (Free Driver - 0811XF, a 3wood, 5wood and 22 hyrbrid - all Gen2, 0211's 5i thru LW and an Operator Gen2 Putter).

Lob Wedge, Sand Wedge and Operator putter went back to PXG today. Just not for me at all. Rest of the set got me split front, won back and won overall in a game of Nassau at Hickory Stick.

I just recently played JPX 919 forged, and then a set of Hot Metal Pro's. Before that I was hitting Titleist AP3's.

Shaft I chose in the 0211 was the Tour Elevate. I was hitting Modus3 120's in the Mizuno's. I can say that the 0211's (for me) with that elevate shaft are spot on....perfect balance and feels real good.

I am impressed with PXG in all honesty. The putter had to blow me away as I have a rare Scotty Jet Setter 5M H17 mallet that I just drain putts with and I just couldn't see myself knocking the Scotty out of the bag for that Operator. The sand wedge and lob wedge are nice feeling, but I myself prefer a little more controlled spin and check up on the greens. The 0211 wedges have a nice look at address, but for me just didn't make me feel as confident or pull off shots like speciality wedges (been knocking around some super forgiving Cleaveland CBX wedges lately and love them!)

I did keep the gap wedge as the loft is essentially what I have always played a Pitching wedge.

All in all, I'm happy (after the returns of the items that didn't work).

Looking forward to breaking 80 this year. Shot 85 yesterday and that was with 5 really bad short game wedge shots and 2 crucial missed putts.

80 is coming!

I put my new PXG clubs in play for the first time on Thursday.

The 0211 irons feel amazing for a cast club, but I am definitely not a fan of the stock PXG grip. My hands sweat a lot, and they felt really slick to me. The look of the 0211s is so clean and the top line looks nice and thin. Coming from a club with so much offset took a few holes to get use to, but after a slight adjustment period the 0211s were money. I had no problem hitting it high, and the knock down shots seemed to be easy to hit, and still carried a good amount of spin. The elevate 95 shafts seem to perform very well for me. Once I get some better grips for my game, I think the 0211s will be in the bag for a long time.

As for the other clubs that helped make this too good of a deal to pass up:

The Bat Attack putter has such a solid feel, and the 400g weighting seems to help with speed control immensely. I felt very confident with distances and never felt like I was just guessing. There is definitely a firmer feel to the putter face than my Sigma 2 Tyne, but not harsh in any way. Just very solid. I putted well enough with the Bat Attack that it will see league action this weekend.

The surprise for me was the 0811x gen 1 driver. I had been previously been fit for the Gen 2, but when they started the promotion for the Gen1, I decided to give it a go, and if it did not work out I can always get the Gen2 later. I was a little worried because I had not hit the Gen1, but the phone fitter said he would look at the notes on my Gen2 fitting and try to set up the Gen1 to work for me. Well, it was just 1 round but the feel and sound of the Gen1 0811x was amazing. Being that I did not hit the Gen1 and Gen2 side by side, from my recollection the Gen1 felt just as good as the Gen2. As for the setup and accuracy, I hit 11/14 fairways. The flight was low, peircing and straight. I played different tee boxes than I usually do at this course so I am not sure if the 0811x is as long as my Rogue, but if the consistency I had on Thursday continues, the 0811x may stay in the bag.

Overall I am very pleased with the whole PXG experience.

I had my 0211 fitting today by the IN/MI PXG Rep. if you live in either state you should give Steven Gilbo a call. He was great. I brought a fellow Marine and he treated us like tour pros.

Basic specs for my swing:

Iron swing 83-85mph-driver low 100’s

7 iron 165 average with apex

current driver is Ping G410 LST with Tensei CK orange 60X average carry 255 with another 15 in run with normal conditions.

As I stated in a prior post I currently play Apex CF16’s with steel fiber i95 shafts. That was the initial set up we tried with the 0211’s. We tried the following shafts, steel fiber i95/110cw (second choice), KBS TGI 90, MMC 80, and the ACCRA 90 graphite shafts. In steel we tried the ellivate 95 and the Nippon modus 110. Ellivate won the battle of steel shafts. Very smooth shaft flight was high and just a bit spinny for me. I was struggling with the fact that the 0211 head is lighter than my CF16’s. My distance was down a touch and I struggled to time the shaft. We hit a lot of shots and made several changes trying to dial it in. The sun was blazing and I was starting to get tired when I asked if he had the ACCRA shafts. I have been dying to try these ever since I heard Ian from TXG talking them up. He had the 90’s. I hit 5 shots and that was all I needed to see. As wore out and hot as I was out of ten shots only one was outside of a 5 yard circle and that one was all me.

My overall impression of the head was it felt great, looked great, and performed great. If I have one complaint it was that they did not have any shafts with mid size grips. I grip the club much lighter with mid size and draw the ball less. We settled on D2 swing weights ,1/4 long, 1degree flat, and mid size grips with the ACCRA shafts. I think looking down on the club it looks much thinner than I expected. The progression of the sole width club to club makes total sense and worked very well even on the skinny bent grass lies on the range.

We fitted the driver last and like I said it was hot and I was tired. 105 was the best I had for swing speed and averages were 245 carry 270 total. Launch was high at 16 but spin was 1900-2300 depending on contact. Standard flight was high with a 10 yard fade. Went with Evenflow T1100 65 S. Zero effort required to launch the ball. I could turn it over but had to make that happen. I had an Evenflow in my F9 earlier this year and did not get along with it. T1100 much different beast. Sound was loud but not horrible. Felt good not as soft feeling as the F9 though.

I can’t wait for my suitcase full of PXG equipment to get here. I love the fact that Bob Parsons gives all Veterans and first responders the opportunity to become brand ambassadors for the PXG. I for one will always be great full to Bob And the PXG team and like our moto says “Semper Fidelis”.

Semper Fi Mr. Parsons

P.S. I forgot the best part. I didn’t wear a hat even though I am follicularly challenged and it was 93 and sunny. After an hour of standing out in the sun my head was starting to burn. Steven took pity on me and brought us two PXG hats. It is unsolicited acts like this that make companies great.

Thank you Steven

pp22ai0xlest.jpeg

hd8w79oddey6.jpeg

14mhr0tyd6r1.jpeg

k8g4vtlp3txf.jpeg

• Like 1

Played two rounds with the 0211’s. The heads feel good, but I am going to have to get used to the MMT shafts. Coming from KBS Tour 105 Stiff shafts on my 0311XFs is quite a change. Much lighter. I need a good range session to dial them in. As far as the grips, I have had PXG leave the grips off of all of the clubs I have bought from them (except the putters). The hybrid is solid. Feels great. Gen 1 driver with Even Flow Blue Handmade shaft is the cherry on top. Hard to believe they gave me a $300 shaft for free. Loving PXG. I need to find one of those blue hats that Horschel wears.

n64nlg0zusdu.jpeg

• Like 1

Are you gonna eat your fat?

> @usmarine said:

> I had my 0211 fitting today by the IN/MI PXG Rep. if you live in either state you should give Steven Gilbo a call. He was great. I brought a fellow Marine and he treated us like tour pros.

>

> Basic specs for my swing:

> Iron swing 83-85mph-driver low 100’s

> 7 iron 165 average with apex

> current driver is Ping G410 LST with Tensei CK orange 60X average carry 255 with another 15 in run with normal conditions.

>

> As I stated in a prior post I currently play Apex CF16’s with steel fiber i95 shafts. That was the initial set up we tried with the 0211’s. We tried the following shafts, steel fiber i95/110cw (second choice), KBS TGI 90, MMC 80, and the ACCRA 90 graphite shafts. In steel we tried the ellivate 95 and the Nippon modus 110. Ellivate won the battle of steel shafts. Very smooth shaft flight was high and just a bit spinny for me. I was struggling with the fact that the 0211 head is lighter than my CF16’s. My distance was down a touch and I struggled to time the shaft. We hit a lot of shots and made several changes trying to dial it in. The sun was blazing and I was starting to get tired when I asked if he had the ACCRA shafts. I have been dying to try these ever since I heard Ian from TXG talking them up. He had the 90’s. I hit 5 shots and that was all I needed to see. As wore out and hot as I was out of ten shots only one was outside of a 5 yard circle and that one was all me.

>

> My overall impression of the head was it felt great, looked great, and performed great. If I have one complaint it was that they did not have any shafts with mid size grips. I grip the club much lighter with mid size and draw the ball less. We settled on D2 swing weights ,1/4 long, 1degree flat, and mid size grips with the ACCRA shafts. I think looking down on the club it looks much thinner than I expected. The progression of the sole width club to club makes total sense and worked very well even on the skinny bent grass lies on the range.

>

> We fitted the driver last and like I said it was hot and I was tired. 105 was the best I had for swing speed and averages were 245 carry 270 total. Launch was high at 16 but spin was 1900-2300 depending on contact. Standard flight was high with a 10 yard fade. Went with Evenflow T1100 65 S. Zero effort required to launch the ball. I could turn it over but had to make that happen. I had an Evenflow in my F9 earlier this year and did not get along with it. T1100 much different beast. Sound was loud but not horrible. Felt good not as soft feeling as the F9 though.

>

> I can’t wait for my suitcase full of PXG equipment to get here. I love the fact that Bob Parsons gives all Veterans and first responders the opportunity to become brand ambassadors for the PXG. I for one will always be great full to Bob And the PXG team and like our moto says “Semper Fidelis”.

>

> Semper Fi Mr. Parsons

>

> P.S. I forgot the best part. I didn’t wear a hat even though I am follicularly challenged and it was 93 and sunny. After an hour of standing out in the sun my head was starting to burn. Steven took pity on me and brought us two PXG hats. It is unsolicited acts like this that make companies great.

>

> Thank you Steven

> pp22ai0xlest.jpeg

> hd8w79oddey6.jpeg

> 14mhr0tyd6r1.jpeg

> k8g4vtlp3txf.jpeg

>

>

>

You will love the Accra Shafts. I had them in my PXG Gen 1's and also play them now in my Gen 2's. My SS is close to yours ( 7i - 160yds ), I play the Accra Tour 100i's and the dispersion is tight and they have a smooth feel. Also really easy on the joints. I have a complete tear of my right rotator cuff and these shafts keep me playing pretty much pain free, unless I hit it fat.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG One and Done w/Super Stroke 5.0
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

> @"Spaulding S." said:

> Played two rounds with the 0211’s. The heads feel good, but I am going to have to get used to the MMT shafts. Coming from KBS Tour 105 Stiff shafts on my 0311XFs is quite a change. Much lighter. I need a good range session to dial them in. As far as the grips, I have had PXG leave the grips off of all of the clubs I have bought from them (except the putters). The hybrid is solid. Feels great. Gen 1 driver with Even Flow Blue Handmade shaft is the cherry on top. Hard to believe they gave me a $300 shaft for free. Loving PXG. I need to find one of those blue hats that Horschel wears.

>

> n64nlg0zusdu.jpeg

>

Didn't see an Evenflow handcrafted option when buying, did you call for that version or they just hooked it?

> @Dpak05 said:

> > @"Spaulding S." said:

> > Played two rounds with the 0211’s. The heads feel good, but I am going to have to get used to the MMT shafts. Coming from KBS Tour 105 Stiff shafts on my 0311XFs is quite a change. Much lighter. I need a good range session to dial them in. As far as the grips, I have had PXG leave the grips off of all of the clubs I have bought from them (except the putters). The hybrid is solid. Feels great. Gen 1 driver with Even Flow Blue Handmade shaft is the cherry on top. Hard to believe they gave me a $300 shaft for free. Loving PXG. I need to find one of those blue hats that Horschel wears.

> >

> > n64nlg0zusdu.jpeg

> >

>

> Didn't see an Evenflow handcrafted option when buying, did you call for that version or they just hooked it?

For me It just gave the Evenflow option without stating it was handcrafted, but they sent my 0811x with the handcrafted shaft.

> @1Mordrid1 said:

> > @Dpak05 said:

> > > @"Spaulding S." said:

> > > Played two rounds with the 0211’s. The heads feel good, but I am going to have to get used to the MMT shafts. Coming from KBS Tour 105 Stiff shafts on my 0311XFs is quite a change. Much lighter. I need a good range session to dial them in. As far as the grips, I have had PXG leave the grips off of all of the clubs I have bought from them (except the putters). The hybrid is solid. Feels great. Gen 1 driver with Even Flow Blue Handmade shaft is the cherry on top. Hard to believe they gave me a $300 shaft for free. Loving PXG. I need to find one of those blue hats that Horschel wears.

> > >

> > > n64nlg0zusdu.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > Didn't see an Evenflow handcrafted option when buying, did you call for that version or they just hooked it?

>

> For me It just gave the Evenflow option without stating it was handcrafted, but they sent my 0811x with the handcrafted shaft.

Very nice, maybe I'll get lucky as well!

> @Dpak05 said:

> > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > @Dpak05 said:

> > > > @"Spaulding S." said:

> > > > Played two rounds with the 0211’s. The heads feel good, but I am going to have to get used to the MMT shafts. Coming from KBS Tour 105 Stiff shafts on my 0311XFs is quite a change. Much lighter. I need a good range session to dial them in. As far as the grips, I have had PXG leave the grips off of all of the clubs I have bought from them (except the putters). The hybrid is solid. Feels great. Gen 1 driver with Even Flow Blue Handmade shaft is the cherry on top. Hard to believe they gave me a $300 shaft for free. Loving PXG. I need to find one of those blue hats that Horschel wears.

> > > >

> > > > n64nlg0zusdu.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Didn't see an Evenflow handcrafted option when buying, did you call for that version or they just hooked it?

> >

> > For me It just gave the Evenflow option without stating it was handcrafted, but they sent my 0811x with the handcrafted shaft.

>

> Very nice, maybe I'll get lucky as well!

There won’t be any luck to it, you’re getting the handcrafted version. That’s all they sell from my experience.

I have had a frustrating experience so far with the 0211’s and it really has nothing to do with the irons themselves. Two range sessions and on both occasions my distance calculations were way off. First time I used my rangefinder, measured 135, so an 8 iron. Picked up the club, started hitting balls and they were straight at my target, but consistently 20 yards short. I felt like I just couldn’t get any power out of them. Too light, I thought. Frustrating. Went to switch clubs and realized I’d been hitting the wedge the whole time! Last night, went to a stand alone range, and was hitting 7 irons to the 150 sign. Consistently 20 yards short again! These things are going back. Then I took my rangefinder out and shot the sign. 169 yards. Man! That was frustrating.

I’ve had some sort of sinus infection so have been feeling a little off anyway, so I still need to get these things dialed in. But I have yet too have a good session hitting them, and not really the clubs’ fault at all.

Are you gonna eat your fat?

> @"Spaulding S." said:

> I have had a frustrating experience so far with the 0211’s and it really has nothing to do with the irons themselves. Two range sessions and on both occasions my distance calculations were way off. First time I used my rangefinder, measured 135, so an 8 iron. Picked up the club, started hitting balls and they were straight at my target, but consistently 20 yards short. I felt like I just couldn’t get any power out of them. Too light, I thought. Frustrating. Went to switch clubs and realized I’d been hitting the wedge the whole time! Last night, went to a stand alone range, and was hitting 7 irons to the 150 sign. Consistently 20 yards short again! These things are going back. Then I took my rangefinder out and shot the sign. 169 yards. Man! That was frustrating.

> I’ve had some sort of sinus infection so have been feeling a little off anyway, so I still need to get these things dialed in. But I have yet too have a good session hitting them, and not really the clubs’ fault at all.

Do you take drugs Danny?

Just kidding. Been there.

> @JDMRN81 said:

> > @Dpak05 said:

> > > @1Mordrid1 said:

> > > > @Dpak05 said:

> > > > > @"Spaulding S." said:

> > > > > Played two rounds with the 0211’s. The heads feel good, but I am going to have to get used to the MMT shafts. Coming from KBS Tour 105 Stiff shafts on my 0311XFs is quite a change. Much lighter. I need a good range session to dial them in. As far as the grips, I have had PXG leave the grips off of all of the clubs I have bought from them (except the putters). The hybrid is solid. Feels great. Gen 1 driver with Even Flow Blue Handmade shaft is the cherry on top. Hard to believe they gave me a $300 shaft for free. Loving PXG. I need to find one of those blue hats that Horschel wears.

> > > > >

> > > > > n64nlg0zusdu.jpeg

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Didn't see an Evenflow handcrafted option when buying, did you call for that version or they just hooked it?

> > >

> > > For me It just gave the Evenflow option without stating it was handcrafted, but they sent my 0811x with the handcrafted shaft.

> >

> > Very nice, maybe I'll get lucky as well!

>

> There won’t be any luck to it, you’re getting the handcrafted version. That’s all they sell from my experience.

>

Just as you said, handcrafted version. Pleasant surprise!

> @K13 said:

> > @Dpak05 said:

> >

> > Just as you said, handcrafted version. Pleasant surprise!

>

> Was the lead time to ship around the 7-10 business days they quote? Anxiously awaiting mine.

Mine was ordered on the 12th, came yesterday 7/30. So the quoted time seems right. Shipping is what took half the time, good ol FedEx.

> @bastarf said:

> How is the forgiveness of the 0211? I'm playing Apex CF16 now and wouldn't mind moving to something more forgiving since I don't have as much time to practice since having a kid.

>

> Got my 0211 set on order with the Elevate 95 Reg. Anyone know how the Elevate 95 compares to the TT XP 95 reg?

I can't see you finding something more forgiving that what you are currently playing

The 0211 irons arrived today I had been playing Callaway apex pro 19 model for about 2 months. Previous to that I was playing the 0311T irons from PXG. I hit a few shots to get comparison between the irons here are my thoughts.

Backstory: I bought the original 0311t PXG irons about 3 years ago and first round out the 7 iron head went flying off then later the 9 iron. I assume it was something with the builder who set them up but, I wasn’t happy right off the bat. As far as feel goes they do feel amazing but, even when I got the issue with the heads resolved I again lost the head off the 4 iron a year later and the ferrules constantly start slipping out. I was willing to give the PXG another try though with the hero program they had running with the 0211 irons it was a great deal.

Specs:

0211 – Modus 120x shafts with PXG stock grips

0311T – Modus 130s with MCC +4

Apex Pro19 – KBS Tour X

Feel: I’ve heard these feel as good as a forged iron so I was expecting a lot since that’s all I’ve played the last 10 years. From comparing them to the callaway apex pro19 and the 0311t PXG it’s not even close as far as feel goes. A mishit on one of these irons feels about as good as the best shot on the 0211 cast clubs. With that said though the two other irons are probably the best feeling to me that I’ve ever hit. For a Cast club I guess these are pretty good. A solid strike does feel good but, not as close as the apex and 0311. Also the stock grips that PXG provides are pretty much garbage for playing here in the humid south. They will be the first thing I change

Numbers: They are all pretty close here. All these numbers were stock swing with Foresight GC2 off a mat.

0211 9iron. Ballspeed 113 Carry 153

0311t 9iron. Ballspeed 113 Carry 154

0211 7iron Ballspeed 125 Carry 180

0311t 7iron Ballspeed 125 Carry 182

Conclusion: For the price with the hero program I guess it’s hard to complain about them with the free included driver. I’m honestly not sure if I’m going to keep them or return them. I’ll hit a few more indoors to see if it’s worth taking them out and keeping em. The driver was very lacking compared to my cobra f9 so it would never go into play anyways. I guess if I keep the irons I could sell the driver.

> @bastarf said:

> How is the forgiveness of the 0211? I'm playing Apex CF16 now and wouldn't mind moving to something more forgiving since I don't have as much time to practice since having a kid.

>

> Got my 0211 set on order with the Elevate 95 Reg. Anyone know how the Elevate 95 compares to the TT XP 95 reg?

The biggest difference I noticed between the CF16 and the 0211 with the same shaft was weight. The 0211 was lighter. Fitter agreed they were light heads but swing weight adjustments should cure that. They are also much different as far as soles are concerned. If you look at the side by side photo I took you will see the relief on the leading edge of the CF16 but not on the 0211. I am a picker so it will work for me might take some adjusting for a digger.