George Gankas Online Coaching

cookszn

I am thinking about signing up. I may try 6 months. For $300, it is not too expensive. That is the same as 4 half-hour lessons in my area.

I have worked on my own to bring my handicap down from 19 to 13 but I think it is increasingly hard to further improve. I need a more systematic way to improve my game to clear the hurdle to single digit handicap.

Update: I found out that you can't sign up for monthly and cancel before 12 months. Basically you are forced to go through 12 months of membership at $50 a month. So why would you pay monthly when the annual member is $500? I am still thinking about it.

Edited by khalespace

3 hours ago, Zitlow said:

How many people here who jumped on the GG bandwagon are still on the GG bandwagon? 

I will always consider myself "on the GG bandwagon." I think he is one of the greatest to ever teach the golf swing. I would say that some of his preferences aren't for me, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. Some teachers like AMG, who I think has some good stuff, dismiss his ideas as wrong because they don't understand them and I believe they would be better off as teachers if they took the time to understand. A problem that will follow him forever is amateurs and teachers watching his videos on YouTube and misunderstanding/misapplying his ideas. IMO that speaks to the problem of trying to learn the golf swing on the internet; a nearly impossible task. No teacher is perfect, including GG but he essentially gave away a bachelors degree in swing knowledge for free on the internet. Because of that he's now able to charge more than 99.9% of golfers would pay for a lesson and is booked solid several months ahead.

54 minutes ago, khalespace said:

I am thinking about signing up. I may try 6 months. For $300, it is not too expensive. That is the same as 4 half-hour lessons in my area.

I have worked on my own to bring my handicap down from 19 to 13 but I think it is increasingly hard to further improve. I need a more systematic way to improve my game to clear the hurdle to single digit handicap.

Update: I found out that you can't sign up for monthly and cancel before 12 months. Basically you are forced to go through 12 months of membership at $50 a month. So why would you pay monthly when the annual member is $500? I am still thinking about it.

because some people don’t have the funds to drop all 500 at once. It’s the same as people who car shop using monthly payment instead of overall cost, not wise financially 

• Like 1

OK, I will pay for 1 year membership. I went to Roger Dunn today to try out new drivers and the distance from different 2021 drivers is basically the same as my Taylormade M5. I will spend this money on George Gankas instead 🙂. I like that he has skill modules along with course strategies that I can go over to make me a more well rounded golfer. Currently I work mostly on the full swing and chipping.

8 hours ago, GoGoErky said:

No. You are going for access to the material. Doesn’t matter if you completed all the courses in the first year or if you are still doing them in year two. It’s the same price for the access

I get that, thought it was $499 for the year, when I saw $450 I thought there was a discount

I also just signed up today on a whim. I have gotten through nearly the swing part 1.  There’s a lot more in here than I thought there would be. So far I’m impressed 

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I signed up the GG online course and so far I am impressed with the details. I like that he doesn't allow you to skip the terminology and fundamentals before more advanced lessons. The detailed explanations are great. You can't never get this much information from an instructor outside unless you have an hour of lesson everyday for a few months which can get expensive. Most of us have the bad habit of watching countless Youtube videos on swing tips only to find something else next week. I think there are many golf teachers with different swing philosophies. Find one and stick to it. GG online course provides a structured plan that is easy to follow. I should unsubscribe from all the YouTube instructors to keep focus. I admit that I am little impatient and I want to jump into the full swing lessons immediately but I am glad that I have to watch grip, stance, balance, and golf posture videos and everything explained so well.

Another thing is that I am busy with 3 kids. This online course allows you to take lesson anytime.

Edited by khalespace

On 11/3/2021 at 10:41 AM, Tpfol said:

Not a marketing guru by any stretch of the imagination but have to believe that if he offered a free preview week, or even a paid trial period, they'd land a ton more subscribers

I agree. May be he can charge $20 for a week of access and then subtract that from the $499 if people subscribe. It is hard for many to shell out $499 without knowing what they are getting. The content is so much and so detailed I think it would impress many people. After a week of intensively watching videos I have yet to get to the full swing lessons yet. It is a little frustrating because I want to improve immediately and beat my friends but I understand why he wants you to watch each of the video. I have learned so much through this process. But be warned, it is very time consuming to watch all the videos.

Edited by khalespace
  • Like 1

I agree with the above. This is far exceeds my expectations so far. And I’m only about a week into it and have already learned a lot and have made some changes in my setup and backswing. I can’t wait to get to the downswing. There’s literally hours and hours. Days and days of videos and it’s very well done. I’ll be honest. Typically I’ve always had a hard time following and understanding GG on YouTube. But I’ll these videos do a very good job of dumbing it down and elaborating and explaining. You still need to have a decent idea of the swing. If you do this seems to be pure gold so far. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I’m nearing the end of my 2nd year with this program. It’s the best $900 I’ve ever spent on my golf game (you do get a slight returning member discount, and I got a Black Friday discount the 1st year). I am light years better now than I was when I started this program. Every now and then I’ll come across an old swing video of mine and just chuckle at how terrible it looked vs where I am now. 

That said, I’m not sure I will renew for the 3rd year. Not because I don’t think it was worth it (it totally was), but because I think I now have enough knowledge to do a lot of my own self diagnosis. In the 1st year I voraciously consumed the videos and uploaded my swing, etc. In the second year, I’ll watch maybe 2-3 clips a week on a specific topic I have a question on. And I’ll upload my swing about once a month. Still totally worth it, but lately I pretty much already know what Jake is going to tell me when I upload the videos. This is because George’s program did such a good job giving me swing knowledge, and Jake has done such a good job telling me the things to know about my swing. 

I hear they are adding new content. And I should probably dive deeper into the short game shots, course management, and skills and drills section. So maybe I will renew a 3rd year. But I’m on the fence. I’m now at the point where I think an in person lesson with George (or maybe Jake) would do wonders for me. I know what I need to work on, but sometimes you need another person helping you put your body in the right positions, get the right feels, etc. I’d have to travel to Cali, and would have to get on his calendar somehow. But I’d take the $500ish I’d spend on the membership and apply it toward the lesson with George I think. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Tpfol said:

I got hooked on the Gankas GG Swingtips site last year (before I found out it was a scam) and I paid for an annual  membership on some Christmas sale. Wasnt nearly the cost of the new site, but I also struggle to see how much more info could be found to make the spend worth it.

The new site is an in depth course on his swing philosophies with tons of content and drills. It includes mental approach, short game, putting, stats and how to use them to determine what to work on, ability to post 2 swing videos per week that are analyzed and feedback provided by one of his coaches. He added a bunch more content since I cancelled my membership.  Value is obviously going to be different for each person but the price IMO is a steal for what’s available 

On 12/5/2021 at 11:44 AM, GoGoErky said:

The new site is an in depth course on his swing philosophies with tons of content and drills. It includes mental approach, short game, putting, stats and how to use them to determine what to work on, ability to post 2 swing videos per week that are analyzed and feedback provided by one of his coaches. He added a bunch more content since I cancelled my membership.  Value is obviously going to be different for each person but the price IMO is a steal for what’s available 

I wonder if you cancel can you pick back up where you had been with your videos, etc? I let my membership renew again, mainly because I just didn’t get around to canceling it, but also because I feared losing my “safety net”. I’ve found it very valuable but also believe I’ve gotten what I could out of it in 2 years, and probably won’t need it after year 3 (probably don’t need it now honestly). 

Just now, LeftDaddy said:

I wonder if you cancel can you pick back up where you had been with your videos, etc? I let my membership renew again, mainly because I just didn’t get around to canceling it, but also because I feared losing my “safety net”. I’ve found it very valuable but also believe I’ve gotten what I could out of it in 2 years, and probably won’t need it after year 3 (probably don’t need it now honestly). 

That’s a good question and I don’t think I’ve seen anything about that on forums or in faq

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, khalespace said:

OK, I will pay for 1 year membership. I went to Roger Dunn today to try out new drivers and the distance from different 2021 drivers is basically the same as my Taylormade M5. I will spend this money on George Gankas instead 🙂. I like that he has skill modules along with course strategies that I can go over to make me a more well rounded golfer. Currently I work mostly on the full swing and chipping.

How's the membership going?

2 hours ago, cookszn said:

How's the membership going?

I am striking the balls much better than before and taking divots although still much shallower than what are seen on PGA tour. The divots are also after the ball. I hit the balls really crisp. However, I am still not where I want to be yet. After watching countless videos on GG website I learned much more about my problems. I had many problems such as overswinging, early release, standing up, flipping and butts moving forward during down swing, open club face and slight out to in swing. At least at this point I understand where the major problems are.

I am working a bunch of drills:

1) Taking the club back - during this process my left wrist changes from flat at address to bowed at top of back swing. I do this 100-200 times a day without doing the down swing.

2) Half swing - with extreme bowed wrist at half backswing, I squat down with right butt cheek sticking out turn and hit the ball as hard as I can while maintaining shaft lean and lag. I try to maintain contact with the imaginary wall with right butt cheek and as I turn  and pivot on the left leg the left butt cheek moves back against the imaginary wall. I check on video and I am much less likely to stand up or move forward with this drill. 50 times a day.

3) 30, 60 yards pitching with bowed wrist and shaft lean. 100 times a day.

I don't really hit full shots in practice anymore. I worry the old swing will creep back. I will continue to do these drills until I have lag, no more flipping, and standing up at impact. I think I will need to be very disciplined to overcome an ingrained bad swing.

Edited by khalespace

Well, I bit the bullet and signed up. All I can say is that I'll figure out a way to get value out of it, but if I had the chance to cancel I would take it and run. A bunch of my thoughts, not that anyone cares lol

-In 2nd month and yes I am happy with better posture, but working on that before getting in to the nuts and bolts of it, (the shallowing, and leg work) has been a bit counter productive. Fortunately I wont see a course for another month or two so there's time, but man it sure feels like a cart before the horse thing. 

-Getting thru these videos is like water torture at times. There's a lot of info, and some times its a repeat, so you never know which one so really have to pay attention. Being you wont get feedback until you get thru the whole swing series, there's a feeling of trudging thru instead of trying to absorb. 

-The website is so clunky, moving from page to page requires finding the proper scroll bar to move the screen etc. I get it that the site is now 2-3 years old, but still it has no flow. Maybe after 6 months of watching every video, all facets will be "unlocked" and will be more easily navigated. Dunno

-The forum section? Whereas I didnt think it would have the activity of here, I had thought there would be much interaction amongst the members but in the "community" site there are only a handful of posts in the last 2 weeks, mostly people posting set up pics, and if a pic is posted it literally takes up the full screen. So you can scroll thru some 5 or 6 pages yet only see a handful of actual posts. Again, I had thought it was going to be a more "community" like set up. I'd love to hear some of the members talking about their success and stuff

-Is GG actually involved with this any more? It's starting to feel like the swingtips site where GG had no more affiliation, but the site made you think he did. Since I finally am in the downswing stage, I asked about the shallower that is all over insta. I figured we could purchase it thru the same site, why not? And I would have thought maybe a discount would apply as a member. Alas, I asked the question and got a sort of curt response that I could google it, or search his insta. Furthest thing from an endorsement

At the end of the day, the $20 I paid for Monte's No-Turn cast has provided me with 10x the value than this site

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tpfol said:

here's a lot of info, and some times its a repeat, so you never know which one so really have to pay attention. Being you wont get feedback until you get thru the whole swing series, there's a feeling of trudging thru instead of trying to absorb. 

this is why things open up on a schedule. The goal is to get you to understand, grasp the concepts and work on them. The comment sections are there to get input on your understanding and what you are working on.

3 hours ago, Tpfol said:

The website is so clunky, moving from page to page requires finding the proper scroll bar to move the screen etc. I get it that the site is now 2-3 years old, but still it has no flow. Maybe after 6 months of watching every video, all facets will be "unlocked" and will be more easily navigated. Dunno

never had this issue even from a phone. They have updated the format of the site twice that I know of.

3 hours ago, Tpfol said:

Is GG actually involved with this any more? It's starting to feel like the swingtips site where GG had no more affiliation, but the site made you think he did.

Yes. He actually added some mini series stuff last year, he reads and watches videos and used to make Instagram videos on stuff he was seeing on the site from the members and their swings.

3 hours ago, Tpfol said:

The forum section? Whereas I didnt think it would have the activity of here, I had thought there would be much interaction amongst the members but in the "community" site there are only a handful of posts in the last 2 weeks, mostly people posting set up pics, and if a pic is posted it literally takes up the full screen. So you can scroll thru some 5 or 6 pages yet only see a handful of actual posts. Again, I had thought it was going to be a more "community" like set up. I'd love to hear some of the members talking about their success and stuff

The site wasn’t really setup/designed to be a forum like wrx and others. Most people really just want to get the info, use it and do the work. You can read peoples success and what they are working on in the comments of the modules.

1 hour ago, GoGoErky said:

this is why things open up on a schedule. The goal is to get you to understand, grasp the concepts and work on them. The comment sections are there to get input on your understanding and what you are working on.

Which is what makes it so silly. It will take 2 months to go thru everything, but they wont look at your swing until you complete section 

The comment section is really what made me realize my mistake. Most of the comments are weeks old at the earliest, most of the comments are months old. Not a lot of questions.

I saw a comment regarding this and one of the moderators suggested to start each video, then fast forward to the end so it unlocks the next video. Awesome. 

Seems pretty obvious that the reason it takes time to "unlock" the next phase is because there's only so much content and once you see it all you wonder what the rest of the year is for.

Good for you if you like it, and support it, but at least be honest. The website is not user friendly

If someone is considering this site, I would strongly advise speaking to someone who has it, maybe do a screen share so you can view the content. I know I wouldnt have purchased it if I had.

3 hours ago, Tpfol said:

Which is what makes it so silly. It will take 2 months to go thru everything, but they wont look at your swing until you complete section 

The comment section is really what made me realize my mistake. Most of the comments are weeks old at the earliest, most of the comments are months old. Not a lot of questions.

I saw a comment regarding this and one of the moderators suggested to start each video, then fast forward to the end so it unlocks the next video. Awesome. 

Seems pretty obvious that the reason it takes time to "unlock" the next phase is because there's only so much content and once you see it all you wonder what the rest of the year is for.

Good for you if you like it, and support it, but at least be honest. The website is not user friendly

If someone is considering this site, I would strongly advise speaking to someone who has it, maybe do a screen share so you can view the content. I know I wouldnt have purchased it if I had.

There’s a ton of content in each section including drills. You get to post still photos after 30 days. If you are speeding thru the material you really aren’t getting anything out of the course. 

Iirc it’s 45 days when video analysis opens. 

If you want a quick fix or some eyes on your swing the guys who do the video reviews offer online lessons. 

Theres 9 pages here and lots of good details about the course and how it works.

36 minutes ago, GoGoErky said:

There’s a ton of content in each section including drills. You get to post still photos after 30 days. If you are speeding thru the material you really aren’t getting anything out of the course. 

Iirc it’s 45 days when video analysis opens. 

If you want a quick fix or some eyes on your swing the guys who do the video reviews offer online lessons. 

Theres 9 pages here and lots of good details about the course and how it works.

You clearly havent read a word I've written so spare me the infomercial.

For those he want an honest review, feel free to read it

On 10/25/2021 at 2:59 PM, MPStrat said:

I will always consider myself "on the GG bandwagon." I think he is one of the greatest to ever teach the golf swing. I would say that some of his preferences aren't for me, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. Some teachers like AMG, who I think has some good stuff, dismiss his ideas as wrong because they don't understand them and I believe they would be better off as teachers if they took the time to understand. A problem that will follow him forever is amateurs and teachers watching his videos on YouTube and misunderstanding/misapplying his ideas. IMO that speaks to the problem of trying to learn the golf swing on the internet; a nearly impossible task. No teacher is perfect, including GG but he essentially gave away a bachelors degree in swing knowledge for free on the internet. Because of that he's now able to charge more than 99.9% of golfers would pay for a lesson and is booked solid several months ahead.

The key is to know a bandwagon by sight.

when GG came out I chuckled, when matt wolf’s swing showed up I laughed, when that box thing was released I about died. 😂

• 1 month later...

I too started George Gankas Golf instruction about 6 months ago and have since in past 30 days completed my Garage Golf Studio with Uneekor Sim, Slow Motion cameras and mirrors and at age 61 and a solid player all my life, single digits and now play pre 1900 Hickory golf exclusive find my swing the BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN - Due to the methods of teaching, the transparency of teaching the content of teaching and the passion it is taught with from George, Brett and Jake. These guys are my hero's in golf and if you don't immerse yourself in making the changes your working on and have a system like GGG then you will probably fail. I sell all the goofy Hank Haney and Nick Faldo commercials and all the YouTube video that lack all context where someone hopes to glean something without knowing the total context to frame it. You have to understand from where to start and finish and everything in between (the whole context) to every understand or make a change and in my case have the right eyeballs (GG and team and your own) and your own set up (cameras, mirrors, training aids) to make it happen. I use a SpeedWhoosh (a lot) an impact bag and a Golf Forever (tension rod/training club) to get accelerate my moves and drills I get from GGG.

One YouTube guys I also have a lot of respect for but they really lack the context framework GGG has but are great at cause and effect and why the pros are pros and ams are ams is Athletic Motion Golf. These guys use GEARS and show real data in 3D that just reaffirms all the system stuff GGG teaches. You can really change your swing closer to what the Pros do, that AMG shows (great learning materials - that offer proof, and some nice drills too), but you got to have George Gankas Golf, to really make sense from what your seeing to help you get where you want to go. GGG guys are incredible and are simply the best. If you want to try other stuff as George always sez "Be my Guest"

BTW my swing speed has increased from 84 to over 100 (I've hit 110) with average driver SS at about 97. But I work at something every day. So it is not for the faint of heart. Can't wait to play the National Hickory Championship this year and the Foxburg Hickory Championship!

• 1 year later...

I have been on Gankas's site for over 2 years now, and my swing is finally looking really good and one that I think follows most of his stock recommendations. It took a pretty long time really because I am not very coachable and am someone that tries to figure things out by myself. I learned fast that's not going to fly in their video reviews, but still I went through long periods where I didn't post swings and went down rabbit holes on my own that screwed things up.

I think what finally made things work was just complete trust in what they say, and also understanding at a deeper level why their stock swing works so well. It sounds complicated, but only because of all the ways an amateur can screw up a swing. How to get that understanding? I breezed through the videos, and maybe watched a majority of them a second time. If I were to have taken notes, maybe had been on my feet with a club in front of a mirror, that could have been better, and something I still plan to do. But I think watching the Faults & Fixes section - all of them, and taking notes on everything, is what really made things click for me. It made me realize how not having proper fundamentals can screw up a swing. And when it clicked, things improved really really fast because I wasn't tinkering around with bs. I still feel like in a few months, I'll understand things even more, and it'll seem like I knew nothing now.

Shallowing the club is pretty easy. But you can't really skip out on the fundamentals. Luckily they're not difficult movements on their own. You just have to commit to each movement enough to where you can eventually put it together. If you do so, you will shallow the club. My problem was I neglected some fundamentals, forcing me to try and manipulate the club to shallow. Now THAT was hard.

As far as Gankas vs other methods - I almost feel like it can't be argued that a full turn with depth on the backswing is bad. A limited turn seems to have more negatives. Staying centered on the backswing, and pressure a ball forward on the downswing sounds very reasonable. Making sure the clubface is square to back at P6 and rotating through. Torqueing the ground to clear out the lower body. It just feels like every movement is focused on getting the club slotted and the face as passive as possible. Besides these movements there's a bit of freedom, and more debatable what is better (for example, strong grip vs neutral grip w/ more bow). But his main keys seem really spot on.

• 7 months later...