2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

I am going to go and get it checked again next week at a different place to make sure the numbers weren't a fluke or a jacked up monitor or something lol.

I made sure the LM I used was correct in it's settings. Zero wind, Elevation = Sea Level (here where I am), temperature was set for 80 degrees. TMGG182....I don't think it was a fluke!!!!

Not bad a MIDPACK SPINNY AVERAGE LOW-BALL-SPEED IRRELAVENT POORLY DESIGNED RETAIL driver huh ?

Who needs "TOUR ISSUE" ???

I certainly can't wait to hit it this April, living in da nort, that's for sure!

Hey man...living in the "nort" didn't stop me!!!1022.gif

Fellow Kool Aid Lovers.... :black eye: I need some help with swing weight.

I currently have the Redboard in a X-flex at 62g. I find this a tad to heavy for me considering the heavy head. Its feels very similar to when I had my 78g V2 in my 905R. Thats why I switched it out to my BB at 71g. I would prefer it be a little lighter. What are my options?

If I cut the shaft down a half inch and lets says its playing a D4, what would that go down to?

If I put in a weight plug for counter balancing will this give me the effect the club is lighter even though its not?

Besides buying a lighter shaft, what have you guys done to get the weight down a little?

Thanks,

TeeTime

I don't know if this way is any cheaper, but I've done this to some heavy headed clubs I've owned in the past. I'm not sure of the cost of the CB weights? Anyway...I always try to keep some old grips around for this very reason. If you are going to put a new grip on, then you could try this. Slice the grip...working from bottom to top works easiest. Save the grip...obviously...so you can slip it back on to get a feel for the SW as you gradually add some lead tape to the butt end. First remove the old tape, and clean off residue. Acetone works really well. Now, you have 2 choices...(1) You can put the lead tape on the butt end, and when you've achieved you desired SW...tape over it, and install a new grip. (2) This is what I do...I clean the "inside" of the shaft with acetone. I then take 1/2" lead tape, and cut them into 2" strips. I afix them to the inside of the shaft. Use something smooth...a screwdriver, or even a round pen. Slide whatever you use back, and forth over the lead tape applying pressure to ensure proper adhesion. 4 pieces generally cover the inner radius of the shaft...apply as much as you require. Can't remember exactly, but...2 x 2" strips, I believe may change it by 1 SW. It helps of you have a proper scale to check while doing this. If you just want to go by what feels good, than that's fine too. This method is a little more tedious, but I've always been satisfied with the results. This way you never have a chance of feeling any ridge you may get by appliying the lead tape like I mentioned in option 1. Hope that helps.

LaTeR......pHiL

For me personally I´ve never thought it the best idea to backweight clubs. The will FEEL lighter, but it´s also making a heavy club heavier. But it seems to work very individually.

If I cut the shaft down a half inch and lets says its playing a D4, what would that go down to?

It would go down 3 swingweights, down to D1.

10grams lighter in the shaft is aprox. 1 swingweight down.

Robopti,

I think someone asked you here before about the XVS6(or was it 7?) shaft, why you pulled it etc... what you think of it, I´d really like to know also. I´m thinking of trying this driver with a protopype version of that shaft, XPP6.

Got my Accra SC55 M4 in the L4V today. With it playing at 45 1/2", and a nice mid-sized Tour velvet grip, the swingweight on it is D8. I weighed the club prior to shafting and it was 208g.

The shaft my guy put in it says SC55 Tour Prototype, and although I'm not that sure what I get for the tour proto label... other than a shaft/driver combo that I love!

I think it's ridiculous one thread has 19 pages, but I figured there wasn't any point in starting new one!

Got my Accra SC55 M4 in the L4V today. With it playing at 45 1/2", and a nice mid-sized Tour velvet grip, the swingweight on it is D8. I weighed the club prior to shafting and it was 208g.

The shaft my guy put in it says SC55 Tour Prototype, and although I'm not that sure what I get for the tour proto label... other than a shaft/driver combo that I love!

I think it's ridiculous one thread has 19 pages, but I figured there wasn't any point in starting new one!

How much did you tip your Accra SC55?

I have the L4VX with stock stiff Diamana. Hit it for the first today at the practice range - Long and very straight, but a little too high and I think too much spin. I can hit baby fades or baby draws with it. The big hook I get sometimes with my Burner TP w/ AXIV shaft is gone. I already have so much more confidence in the L4VX its ridiculous. I just love the way this thing sets up at address.

Anyway, I have a brand new 2008 Fujikura Rombax 5Z08 to drop in the L4VX. Its suppose to be stiffer tip and lower launch than the W series, and at 58 grams it should be perfect I think for this club. I plan on trying it at 45 1/2" at first, and then cut it down if necessary. But how much to tip it, I have no idea.

Thinking about joing the L4V club. Tried the left hand F speed today in a 10 degree stiff. My launch angle was low, between 7 and 10 with a swing speed of 98-105. Would a Graffaloy Pro-launch Blue work well with this driver?

Cobra L4V 9 Degree (Old Faithful)
Callaway X2 Hot 15 Degree w/ Diamana Blueboard
Ping I3 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedges 54, 58. SM6 50
Ping Milled Anser #5
All in a Sun Mountain C-130S

Stopdog, I tipped it 1/2"

Here's a pic of the shaft-- what is up with Tour Proto-- any thoughts?

I was thinking 1/2" also on the Rombax Z. May go 1" though. The fujikura website does not show tipping recommendations on the new Z, only for older Rombax it says no tipping. Not sure how it would compare to your ACCRA other than their about the same weight, no idea about the Tour Prototype other than that's probably exactly what it is.

I hit it one more time and it wasn't a fluke. The thing is just a CANNON!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

I am going to go and get it checked again next week at a different place to make sure the numbers weren't a fluke or a jacked up monitor or something lol.

I made sure the LM I used was correct in it's settings. Zero wind, Elevation = Sea Level (here where I am), temperature was set for 80 degrees. TMGG182....I don't think it was a fluke!!!!

Told you it wasn't a fluke...you have some solid numbers there my friend!!

I drove a 315m green today with my L4V X with stock X flex shaft.

Still in shock, mostly because I three putted.

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

Bloody hell here we go. Just got a stiff flex stock diamana in one of these bad boys and will be playing shaft fitting in no time. I hope this bad boy works and i trust that it will after reading all 19 damn pages on this thing. I am a 105-108 SS player pretty smooth so where do you guys suggest i start if/when the stock diamana gets the old asskick out. I am in Australia and we dont have a million options down here might have to Ebay a couple and try them etc.

I currently hit a fade in my Adams Redline with NVS S. I think that shaft is a little soft for my swing and balloons a lot so i went something new..

I got the driver for 295 Aus which is about 260 US which i think was a bargain.

A Couple of starters would be much appreciated. This thing is going to bomb out there i know it.

I was finally about to get my L4V on the course and man everyone is correct when they say that this thing is a monster. This club is crazy long and so easy to hit it is just stupid. I still have the stock shaft in mine and i do not really have any complaints about it. The only thing i am going to change is to take it back and switch out the lofts b/c the 10* was launching a little to high for my liking.

Bloody hell here we go. Just got a stiff flex stock diamana in one of these bad boys and will be playing shaft fitting in no time. I hope this bad boy works and i trust that it will after reading all 19 damn pages on this thing. I am a 105-108 SS player pretty smooth so where do you guys suggest i start if/when the stock diamana gets the old asskick out. I am in Australia and we dont have a million options down here might have to Ebay a couple and try them etc.

I currently hit a fade in my Adams Redline with NVS S. I think that shaft is a little soft for my swing and balloons a lot so i went something new..

I got the driver for 295 Aus which is about 260 US which i think was a bargain.

A Couple of starters would be much appreciated. This thing is going to bomb out there i know it.

I would try a Grafalloy ProLaunch Red if it spins too much for you. Get a stiff flex and tip it a half inch to counteract the heavy head. Should play true to flex. The stiff is recommended for a 100-110 SS so it should be perfect for you.

Ridiculously solid numbers! So much that if the PM 702 doesn't work for me the blue will be the one. I figured those numbers were what Rob and Lama have been trying to tell everyone. Rob especially is the ultimate driver ho' and if he gets excited about something it has to hold some weight. Not to mention the other 700+ posts here and the ones that got closed on the other site and got Robo here in the first place which is where he should be. It's the true HIGH launch, and with the right shaft for you, CORRECT spin driver. As has been said by Rob, it's better than any club, tour or retail that he's hit bar none. That includes the $2,000 LCG's, Superquad 282, old and new burner.

I'd been holding off because I'd just bought way too many drivers and new shafts and needed to try them all out but I'm done with it now. I don't think I can wate to get an extra stiff stock shaft ordered so I'm gonna get the stiff and yank it right away. First will be the PM 702x since I've been saving that one for the L4VX.

Ridiculously solid numbers! So much that if the PM 702 doesn't work for me the blue will be the one. I figured those numbers were what Rob and Lama have been trying to tell everyone. Rob especially is the ultimate driver ho' and if he gets excited about something it has to hold some weight. Not to mention the other 700+ posts here and the ones that got closed on the other site and got Robo here in the first place which is where he should be. It's the true HIGH launch, and with the right shaft for you, CORRECT spin driver. As has been said by Rob, it's better than any club, tour or retail that he's hit bar none. That includes the $2,000 LCG's, Superquad 282, old and new burner.

I'd been holding off because I'd just bought way too many drivers and new shafts and needed to try them all out but I'm done with it now. I don't think I can wate to get an extra stiff stock shaft ordered so I'm gonna get the stiff and yank it right away. First will be the PM 702x since I've been saving that one for the L4VX.

:D

I almost want to go to a third place lol. I will finally get to test it on the course on Wednesday. Can't wait to see what it can really do!

Hey guys, I'm not like an L4V uber-fan or anythng, and in fact I hit one of these (that admittedly was a terrible setup for my swing) and I wasn't impressed. I'm just wondering if there is any merit to throwing a Graffaloy BiMatrx Prototype in a L4VX, and what would happen if someone put a V2 CB in it to counterbalance the headweight. Just curious what you guys will come up with, keep the wheels a' churnin'.

PING G400 Max 10.5º w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 X

PING G400 Max 14.5º w/ Mitsubishi Diamana RF 70 X

Callaway Apex 19 Pro Combo 4-PW w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Ping Glide 4.0 52ºS, 56ºS, 60ºT w/ Z-Z115

TaylorMade Spider X 

:D

I almost want to go to a third place lol. I will finally get to test it on the course on Wednesday. Can't wait to see what it can really do!

Can NOT imagine the number of pages after everyone starts to play these this spring.

Hey guys, I'm not like an L4V uber-fan or anythng, and in fact I hit one of these (that admittedly was a terrible setup for my swing) and I wasn't impressed. I'm just wondering if there is any merit to throwing a Graffaloy BiMatrx Prototype in a L4VX, and what would happen if someone put a V2 CB in it to counterbalance the headweight. Just curious what you guys will come up with, keep the wheels a' churnin'.

Damn it, I slept on a CB V2 this morning on flea bay. ;) I'll most likely put a 20 gram that I just took out of another driver into the butt of mine if I don't like the swing weight although I'm used to playing heavier shafts (just not heavier heads), we'll see.

UST CB is SOOOOOOOOO last week whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif... Like O MA GAWD !!!!!!!!!64a1.gif

Ask and yee shall receive .....

UST Tour Model CB - 89 grams - x flex - I still have it and it BOMBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ustmoi.jpg

For giggles .. I built one with a UST V2 High Launch ... Figured for downwind scramble deals ... Its rediculously fun to hit .... You can eat lunch before the ball hits ... FUN !!!! shaft

Im trying to find a shaft thats in the 70-80 gram range seeing that is what I have been used to playing for the past few years.... is this going to make the l4v way too heavy?

And for those that have tried, how does the V2 75x of Speeder 757 work in this head?

I have the PM702x in mine. The shaft is 73 grams and the swingweight is D7+, almost D8.

Alright ROBO and others. What would be your choice if you were to only pick one shaft over 75 grams and also very accuarate? I play alot of desert golf, Target golf where if you miss the fairway a bogey is almost a given.

I was thinking Whiteboard 83, Protopype 80, VS Proto 80 or Speeder 757.

Also I have fast tempo and SS 115 and like my drivers at 44.5". My thought was ordering a VS Proto 80 since Cobra offers it as an upgrade for 60 bucks. Also would they tip it if I asked?