2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

P760 Long Term Reviews?

Tree Levino

1 hour ago, SwooshLT said:

P760 after 1.5 rounds : transitioning from the reliable i210 into a smaller profile that's has me reverting back to shot shaping after nearly 8 months of point n shoot golf with the Pings. 

The i210s are a solid , dependable set but I found them be short due to higher spin. 

The P760 is lofted the same but flights lower for me due to a normalized spin number. 

Being slower swing speed, I certainly could use the help in the longer irons but seeing gains with short irons has a nice offset.....

I started off saying that shot-shaping is my mantra again ; flighted irons are much easier yet my setup with Elevate Tour shafts gives me a decently high trajectory.  

I was pondering strongly the upcoming Mizuno Pro 223 but there really isn't a need to after acquiring the P760 irons.......not sure why these aren't talked about more. Oh well

20211212_154202.jpg.20009e961dfc70b1f876c692c787b4e4.jpg

I noticed the same thing that there wasn't much in here about them before I picked my set up and was looking up for reviews.  I almost picked another set up recently, but really have to give the Srixons in my sig a try in the Spring as I didn't get a chance to get them out this fall before the season ended here.

I know I'll have at least 2-3 sets of irons at any one time, and trying to figure out what they will be.  One will be Ping i series somethings, one will be a blade, just because and a third will be the gamer to part-time gamer set and may go back to these if the Srixons don't pan out (already had the 745s once and the soles didn't agree with me, but different shafts this time).

But the new Mizzy irons do look great, but there is no chance I'm dropping new retail money on irons when I could get 4-5 sets of older gear for the same price...

• Thanks 1

A Revolving Door

8 minutes ago, PEI_Golfer said:

I noticed the same thing that there wasn't much in here about them before I picked my set up and was looking up for reviews.  I almost picked another set up recently, but really have to give the Srixons in my sig a try in the Spring as I didn't get a chance to get them out this fall before the season ended here.

I know I'll have at least 2-3 sets of irons at any one time, and trying to figure out what they will be.  One will be Ping i series somethings, one will be a blade, just because and a third will be the gamer to part-time gamer set and may go back to these if the Srixons don't pan out (already had the 745s once and the soles didn't agree with me, but different shafts this time).

But the new Mizzy irons do look great, but there is no chance I'm dropping new retail money on irons when I could get 4-5 sets of older gear for the same price...

EXACTLY!  I literally grabbed this set in here for just over 4 hundo , sold the shafts and a driver head to zero me out! I'll hang on to my i210s but I truly found a set I can grow with......the 2011 Nike vr pro combo,  2014 Taylormade MC , the Titleist 735.cm are some of my previous favs in the progressive sets and the P760 brings all of these together......oh yeah, the Adams XTD forged was another one.  

I do wonder if the P770 (2020 model) isn't just a touch better ......more forgiving maybe......🤨🙄🤔

2 minutes ago, SwooshLT said:

EXACTLY!  I literally grabbed this set in here for just over 4 hundo , sold the shafts and a driver head to zero me out! I'll hang on to my i210s but I truly found a set I can grow with......the 2011 Nike vr pro combo,  2014 Taylormade MC , the Titleist 735.cm are some of my previous favs in the progressive sets and the P760 brings all of these together......oh yeah, the Adams XTD forged was another one.  

I do wonder if the P770 (2020 model) isn't just a touch better ......more forgiving maybe......🤨🙄🤔

I have a friend selling a set and I was going to msg him about those 770s, but I can always find a set next year if I want. 

I am curious about them as I had a set of the '17 790s and while they weren't for me or the shafts a right fit, they were pretty easy to play.  I would think that they would be the refined version of those.  And I've found I have no issues with the foamed headed clubs.

A Revolving Door

Just now, PEI_Golfer said:

I have a friend selling a set and I was going to msg him about those 770s, but I can always find a set next year if I want. 

I am curious about them as I had a set of the '17 790s and while they weren't for me or the shafts a right fit, they were pretty easy to play.  I would think that they would be the refined version of those.  And I've found I have no issues with the foamed headed clubs.

Same, I enjoyed my pxg heads but didn't like .370 hosels .....as Bob says; no one builds clubs like we do, period! 

Exactly, nobody builds tour gear with parallel shafts ......well almost no one

• 11 months later...

Bumping an oldie! I just grabbed another set of P760s to shaft up with some modus 125x shafts. I just absolutely love the look of these heads. To my eye they look perfect and the leading edge bevel is exactly what I need. 

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

• 1 year later...

Im a bad golfer with two years of experience playing my friends AP2 set.  I need to return them but am having difficuty finding a used set of clubs here where I live with a steel stiff shaft.  I just found a seller with AP3's but theyre graphite.  I cant afford to change the shafts at this point.

I stumbled on this set of P760's.  Im 6'1 slicer that has made progress (grip and line correction).

Would this set of 760's be a quality set for a golfer that is about a 108 shooter looking to improve?

Apologies, I did notice this appears to be an advanced golfer space, but why not ask the best?

I love the 760s for what they are but TBH unless you are very dialed in to the look of the club (which many golfers are), something a few MM chunkier is a more forgiving package both visually and the club design. 

My gamer P790 5-6-7 iron are just easier for me to hit with a 160+y forced carry 🙂 I practice/travel with my P760 set. 

Do yourself a favor and try a 790 if you have not...they are best sellers for a reason.

Edited by bvanlieu

20 hours ago, Tavea_Darth Fader said:

Im a bad golfer with two years of experience playing my friends AP2 set.  I need to return them but am having difficuty finding a used set of clubs here where I live with a steel stiff shaft.  I just found a seller with AP3's but theyre graphite.  I cant afford to change the shafts at this point.

I stumbled on this set of P760's.  Im 6'1 slicer that has made progress (grip and line correction).

Would this set of 760's be a quality set for a golfer that is about a 108 shooter looking to improve?

Apologies, I did notice this appears to be an advanced golfer space, but why not ask the best?

Get some old Ping G series and some lessons. Dont even really need to worry about what irons you’re playing if you’re shooting 108. 760s aren’t going to help you enough. Other good options are old Taylormade game improvement irons like rocketbladez or M4 M6 etc