NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

Vegas....P3P goes jackpot Johnny! 😃 Hmmmm, no mention of his 3 visits to the Skin Joints? 

Yeah Greene my hair is still pointed northwards,but I say it beats the heck out of the shinny hairless skull with liver spots look that so many of my dude friends sport these days. For the record my frosting of the tips ended in California 10 years ago. Currently it's only my natural blonde Finnish powered locks that are styled up in strategic fashion. Being that I was adopted at birth (truth) I never knew the date when my hair would start departing. It started to exit some at age 45 coinciding with the need for reading glasses. Over the last decade though the hair loss has been in a holding pattern thank heavens. I am glad to have enough left to use daily an imported satin styling cream 😛, remember I am five months short of my 60th.

Oh and it's no secret y'all like to flame the L man regarding his appearance on this thread. I'm glad to provide some comedic subject material for my frat brothers.

Dang it no golf for LP today. I had to work do to we held a cool event today.  A day that we were supposed to be closed. More later when I return home. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, touch said:

Mr. Greenone,

How did the draft play out in regards to surprises, sound moves, and possibly a what were they thinking selection? Around here when we need an accurate diagnosis of something NFL I turn to you champ.

I saw this earlier this week and loved it.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'was in the Giants room...they sat me down and gave me a thick book thicker than a phone book. said, "What's this?" They said, "This is our test we give all the players." said, "Excuse me, what pick do you have in the draft?" They said, "10th pick." said, COMBINE 2017 "I'll be gone before then, ain't got time for this." And left. -DEION SANDERS'

The Commish wants a breakdown, the commish get's a breakdown of the 2021 NFL draft. I think on the surface looking back at the draft, each team pretty much did was the general public more or less though would happen. As for picking certain players for their athletic boom or bust potential or to simply fill a roster need, not many surprises were handed out on this front either. However when the draft did hold a surprise they brought promise and excited to their respected franchises. The first 2 picks were no surprise as the need for a "franchise QB" was in sharp demand with the Jacksonville Jaguars taking Trever Lawrence 1st overall and behind him the New York Jets took Zach Wilson. The first surprise came with the 49ers and their cloud of mystery with their 3rd overall selection. Were the 49ers taking a QB this year with Jimmy G still under contract? Were they gonna further bolster their offensive line after a huge Trent Williams signing protect Jimmy G? Were they going to replace some "skilled players' lost in the offseason? No. San Francisco opted instead for the take talent when talent is available philosophy. Drafting Trey Lance 3rd overall now gives them options to either have Lance sit behind Jimmy G and develop, only to take the reins when Garoppolo's performance deters the team from making another Super Bowl run or if the veteran QB's contract runs out and the coaching staff feel like it is time to turn the page with the young gun. Remember this team is only 2 years removed from a Super Game game against the Kansas City Chefs in which they actually lead most of that game only to see their lead diminish with Mahomes magic. 

I had a lot more on this but for some reason it wasn't saved and I don't remember what all I had typed out. If ya'll wanna read the rest that wasn't saved let me know otherwise I'll let the GolfWRX  gods spare you.😛

Edited by greenemachine
  • Like 3

Standings          complete through the Valspar 

puttinfor8                           60

jerebear                              60

chuntsman                         59

greenmachn                       50

Qqq                                     50

touch                                  39

doctoro                              39

NCLancer                           30

pete3putt                           14 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, touch said:

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'Tom Brady literally plays 1 season in the NFC and Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers immediately contemplate retirement 0 CIMEUA.CREW CAVEUA GEW BUCCANEEDO 12'

take that doctoro,  who has had little to say to the band of late. 

GOAT ! 

• Like 3

What a fine depiction of the heartless robot dealers on the strip these days. It is just so cold and stiff with none of the energy a table might have had 20 + years ago. Nice words Mr. P. When one adds into the equation the shoe of multiple decks and the ridiculous bet minimum one might as well just put that bankroll instead on black or red and be done with it and go see an entertaining show or better yet play a round of golf. 

When I lived there and would get the itch to scratch some cards or watch the ball land on the roulette wheel I headed downtown to either Benny Binion's Horseshoe or the Golden Nugget. I would tell my tables it's the only way to gamble unless you are a multi millionaire. Here are a few of the reasons why.

1. You get to play either single or double deck Black Jack.

2. Your friendly dealer that is happy to have you at their table shuffles and deals those cards. There are no shoes.

3. The minimums are not as high as they are on the strip.

4. The drinks come to faster and are stronger if that is your thing with gambling.

You always sit at 3rd base because as Pete says there are so many idiots who do not know the basic's regarding situations against the dealers card/cards. Yes Fran and Ted from Topeka will hit their 6 every time when the dealer is showing a 4, 5, or six. If it's a " Oh what the hay hit it " that you are hearing you are at the wrong table. The way Pete explains it is set up these days you just pour your money at them at a pace you determine. I have no idea what fun there is in that. You must Sit at 3rd base (the very last seat to the dealers right)  and play with people that know how outcomes of their play effects the ENTIRE table. 

Often when tables of mine would ask what fun things I would do I of course suggested golf. 

Oh no commish they want $125-175 dollars to play there (the best courses) I often heard.

My reply,

Oh ok, then go drink your booze and hit the tables. You will lose 5 times that greens fee in less than half the time it takes to play 18.

These are guys who did golf regularly at home but never wanted to build golf into their Vegas getaway.

I would close the discussion with,

My money is on you dudes making a finer memory golfing at a Paiute course than on the craps table at the MGM.

Maybe more from me regarding your post telling us about (as the Brits say) your holiday in Vegas P3P. Thanks for telling us about it.  

It's like no other place on earth. Let me tell you when I attended UNLV (my first chapter there) in the early 80's is when I liked the city the best. I started chapter 2 in 1996. That was the beginning of the corporate owned mega sized properties. I escaped in 2007.  When I heard that a few years ago they started charging to park in the garages I puked. It loved it for a decade, but like my great friend Chef Parker I too am damn glad I escaped.

Cheers to P3P for teeing it up 3 times on vacation. That's how it's done, well you are very intelligent, so dugh. 

Cocktail GIF - Find on GIFER

Paiute Resort in way north Las Vegas

Las Vegas Paiute: 54 holes of Pete Dye perfection

A review of Paiute's Sun Mountain Course in Las Vegas by Two Guys Who Golf

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, touch said:

What a fine depiction of the heartless robot dealers on the strip these days. It is just so cold and stiff with none of the energy a table might have had 20 + years ago. Nice words Mr. P. When one adds into the equation the shoe of multiple decks and the ridiculous bet minimum one might as well just put that bankroll instead on black or red and be done with it and go see an entertaining show or better yet play a round of golf. 

When I lived there and would get the itch to scratch some cards or watch the ball land on the roulette wheel I headed downtown to either Benny Binion's Horseshoe or the Golden Nugget. I would tell my tables it's the only way to gamble unless you are a multi millionaire. Here are a few of the reasons why.

2. Your friendly dealer that is happy to have you at their table shuffles and deals those cards. There are no shoes.

4. The drinks come to faster and are stronger if that is your thing with gambling.

You always sit at 3rd base because as Pete says there are so many idiots who do not know the basic's regarding situations against the dealers card/cards. Yes Fran and Ted from Topeka will hit their 6 every time when the dealer is showing a 4, 5, or six. If it's a " Oh what the hay hit it " that you are hearing you are at the wrong table. The way Pete explains it set up these days you just pour your money at them at a pace you determine. I have  no idea what fun there is in that. Sit at 3rd pace and play with people that know out outcomes of their play effects the ENTIRE table. 

Often when tables of mine would ask what fun things I would do I of course suggested golf. 

Oh no commish they want $125-175 dollars to play there ( the best courses) I often heard.

My reply,

Oh ok, then go drink your booze and hit the tables. You will lose 5 times that greens fee in less than half the time it takes to play 18.

These are guys who did golf regularly at home but never wanted to build golf into there Vegas getaway.

My money is on you dudes making a finer memory golfing at a Paiute course than on the craps table at the MGM.

Maybe more from me regarding your post telling us about (as the Brits say) your holiday in Vegas P3P. Thanks for telling us a bit about your Nevada holiday. 

It's like no other place on earth. Let me tell you when I attended UNLV (my first chapter there) in the early 80's is when I liked the city the best. I started chapter 2 in 1996. That was the beginning of the corporate owned mega sized properties. I escaped in 2007.  When I heard that a few years they were charging to park in the garages I puked. It loved it for a decade, but like my great friend Chef Parker I too am damn glad I escaped.

Cheers to P3P for teeing it up 3 times on vacation. That's how it's done, well you are very intelligent, so dugh. 

At Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort's Wolf Course, be prepared to let the big  dog eatA review of Paiute's Sun Mountain Course in Las Vegas by Two Guys Who Golf

I do like Paiute. I have played all three of them. Every time has been fun, just not this trip.

• Like 1

And I forgot to add the MOST important part of playing single or double deck 21. You can experience trends and know when to step up your bets and go on a tear or pull it on back.

This is the ONLY way to play Black Jack and have a chance at leaving a winner.

P3P is a smart dude.........he went golfing most days! 

• Like 2

de·pic·tion
/diˈpikSH(ə)n/

noun

1. the action or result of depicting something, especially in art.

or as commish has used it.......................
     representation or characterization in words:
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, touch said:

take that doctoro,  who has had little to say to the band of late. 

GOAT ! 

Tom Brady gets to pick what team he wants to play for. Arguably a great offensive coach with an arsenal of weapons, like LeBron gets to stack the lineup with Gronk, and AB. That's not a fair fight. Brees body was breaking down and Rodgers plays for a team with some douchebags in the front office. When have the Packers given Rodgers any receivers to work with? Any 1st rounders on the corps? Give Rodgers Tampa Bay and Brady the Packers and Rodgers wins that game going away. Brady is the greatest but sometimes the lines can be blurred. I would take Rodgers tool chest over Brady still.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, doctoro said:

Tom Brady gets to pick what team he wants to play for. Arguably a great offensive coach with an arsenal of weapons, like LeBron gets to stack the lineup with Gronk, and AB. That's not a fair fight. Brees body was breaking down and Rodgers plays for a team with some douchebags in the front office. When have the Packers given Rodgers any receivers to work with? Any 1st rounders on the corps? Give Rodgers Tampa Bay and Brady the Packers and Rodgers wins that game going away. Brady is the greatest but sometimes the lines can be blurred. I would take Rodgers tool chest over Brady still.

Hes Alive GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

Plus another reason my first Vegas chapter (my college days at UNLV) was the best is because I had this guy playing QB for the Rebels. I went to a ton of home games at the Silver Bowl on Boulder Hwy. 

So entertaining live this talented man was. I was fortunate as a football fan to witness his amazing abilities. 

HISTORY:nevada on Twitter: "Probably the best player in UNLV football  history (1982-84), NFL QB, and Las Vegas church founder, Randall Cunningham  was born on Mar 27, 1963 in Santa Barbara, CA. https://t.co/voW1eKROjC

Cunningham Becomes First Rebel Elected To Hall Of Fame - University of  Nevada Las Vegas Athletics

That is why this Redskin fan always despised the Eagles the least out of all the NFC East rivals.

RANDALL CUNNINGHAM 8X10 PHOTO PHILADELPHIA EAGLES FOOTBALL PICTURE NFL |  eBayWhat if... Randall Cunningham never got hurt in 1991? - Bleeding Green  Nation

• Like 4

He's the guy who ensures your day to one of Asheville's premier 100 year old Donald Ross gems is memorable. This cagey fella has served/ bull crapped the high and mighty from the White House to the Vegas Strip, yet he is happiest when his serving and pleasing them folks is over for the week and he gets to go kick his buddies a** on the golf course. I've been winning pretty steadily of late and that makes this golfer cheery and confident. Tomorrow morning it's an early tee time at that regular home track Broadmoor. So here we have a pic from last week's round down in Lindsay Land. Wearing a red shirt and sporting red eyes.  Why it's that Finnish blonde hair that is talked about rather frequently in these parts often with mockery.            LOL    I wouldn't want it any other way. Like I always say, I believe I was born a Court Jester. 

Thanks gents for hanging out all these months. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Hey don't tell anyone I work with about this thread ok?           BWAAAHHHHHHHHH  😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If commish worked for a Fortune 500 company he wouldn't be posting any of this racy stuff on here right?

Bob Marley “Smile”                                                   

Bob and I say you are correct. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, doctoro said:

Great reply my friend KB.  Welcome back to the fray. You sir have been missed.

your commish 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

My picks for the Wells Fargo

Ancer

Xander

Zalatoris 

• Like 1

My sources just handed me a photo taken of P3P last week in Vegas. In the pic Pete looked to be having a grand time. Something about a drink it or drown competition he entered at the Mandalay Bay resort. 

Booze Doctor - YouTube

• Haha 3

Well I chose not to play in the rain today so possibly Thursday after work I will tee it up for my 1st round of the week.

• Like 1

Wells Fargo Championship Picks 

touch (39)           Ancer                          Xander                      Zalatoris 

G1 (50)                Bryson                         JT                             Tringale

P3P (14)              English                         Reed                         Moore

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

For my first pick I feel the need to pick a stud running back who will hopefully take the ball out of Big Bens hands and run downfield for positive yardage.  I see the next Bus pulling into the station... (Najee) Harris English.  As an aside, what a great guy to have a pizza party at the homeless shelter to celebrate draft day.

For the second pick I am going to replace the irreplaceable Heath Miller.  Big Ben has always relied on his outlet, a smooth tight end with good hands.  Not surprisingly Kyle Pitts was gone, so I am going to take a blocking back who can also catch.  For the team it is a good pick in its current iteration.  I will take Patrick (Freiermuth) Reed as the outlet when the pressure gets too great.  Good pick here.

I was going to pick a C to replace Maurkice Pouncy, but there isn't one in the field so I am going to replace a OT.  I don't think this guy is going to start out of Texas A&M, but he fit the profile I am looking for in this pick 'em edition.  I am going to take (Dan) Ryan Moore.  I wouldn't know this guy from a cake of soap, but I love 'em both this weekend.

Here is some breaking news.  I am a golf geek who actually comes on a computer regularly to see all things golf.  I am old, fat, and bald.  There were no photos of me at the skin joints because they don't really start rocking until 10PM, and by that time, the rich foods I had eaten at 430 PM are ripping through my fragile system.  So between being a hardcore geek, old, and not adjusted to eating at restaurants, there was no Crazy Horse II for me.

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Does sugar melt?

Ohhhh snap! Ya see Mr. 7 hybrid king, there was to be a multiple lines of severe thunderstorms with lightning coming through Asheville during the time I was to be playing. They did materialize and those that did tee it up this morning were brought in due to the severe lightning. If sugar britches did play he might have passed away because he got jolted while in a high holding the finish position with his 5 wood after smoking one to 15 feet from 190. If that occurrence did eventuate, just who would then be captaining our spewing of nonsense around here? 

Asheville, NC

*Today is a Weather Warn day for severe storms.

There is another threat for strong and severe storms today. The Storm Prediction Center has placed most of WNC and the Upstate into a low risk category for severe weather. Despite this, we need to be prepared for severe weather anywhere in our viewing area. The storms could start as early as late morning or noon across parts of the region.

4 Things You Can Learn From Watching Rickie Fowler

Basic golf swing tips - 6: Follow-through to finish | GolfMagic

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

eventuate

Verb
  1. (intransitive) To have a given result; to turn out (well, badly etc.); to result in. [from 18th c.]
  2. (intransitive) To happen as a result; to come about. [from 19th c.]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

For my first pick I feel the need to pick a stud running back who will hopefully take the ball out of Big Bens hands and run downfield for positive yardage.  I see the next Bus pulling into the station... (Najee) Harris English.  As an aside, what a great guy to have a pizza party at the homeless shelter to celebrate draft day.

For the second pick I am going to replace the irreplaceable Heath Miller.  Big Ben has always relied on his outlet, a smooth tight end with good hands.  Not surprisingly Kyle Pitts was gone, so I am going to take a blocking back who can also catch.  For the team it is a good pick in its current iteration.  I will take Patrick (Freiermuth) Reed as the outlet when the pressure gets too great.  Good pick here.

I was going to pick a C to replace Maurkice Pouncy, but there isn't one in the field so I am going to replace a OT.  I don't think this guy is going to start out of Texas A&M, but he fit the profile I am looking for in this pick 'em edition.  I am going to take (Dan) Ryan Moore.  I wouldn't know this guy from a cake of soap, but I love 'em both this weekend.

Here is some breaking news.  I am a golf geek who actually comes on a computer regularly to see all things golf.  I am old, fat, and bald.  There were no photos of me at the skin joints because they don't really start rocking until 10PM, and by that time, the rich foods I had eaten at 430 PM are ripping through my fragile system.  So between being a hardcore geek, old, and not adjusted to eating at restaurants, there was no Crazy Horse II for me.

How cool the way the NFL draft was woven into your week's golf player selections.  Cagey fine work Mr. P !  I saw the pay back time to the shelter he once was a resident in by Najee Harris.  That was heartfelt for sure.  Link for those of you that didn't see the story.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/04/30/pittsburgh-steelers-draft-pick-najee-harris-comeback-story/

Wait what? !!  Dinner's at 4:30?  Were you trying to beat the rush and avoid crowded times? Possibly it was you were snagging the 20% off your check special they run during the Silver Hour?  My guess is that you can only shoot your best rounds on courses covered in morning dew and thus had the first off tee times each day you golfed. I do know that when you start your day at 6:30-7AM on the range, dinner sounds just fine about 4:30 that afternoon. 

An old, fat, and bald golf geek who frequently yawns with fatigue and is constantly headed to the golden seat of relief is probably a customer the gals of Cheetahs would rather just head on back to his room at Sams Town anyway.

A fine Tues. picks post once again P3P.  

thx         

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

I do like Paiute. I have played all three of them. Every time has been fun, just not this trip.

Did you ever venture a few miles outside of town for golf Pete? Either to Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV. or down to the state line with California and play either course at Primm Valley? All 3 of those were on my favorites list. Man do I miss playing those great tracks.

Wolf Creek

Wolf Creek Course Review: On The Tee magazine course reviewTame The Wolf

Primm Valley  (Lakes and Desert courses)

Primm and proper: Water helps Primm Valley's Lakes Course shine | Nevada  GolfPrimm Valley Golf Club - Desert Course in Primm

• Like 1

18 hours ago, touch said:

You always sit at 3rd base because as Pete says there are so many idiots who do not know the basic's regarding situations against the dealers card/cards. Yes Fran and Ted from Topeka will hit their 6 every time when the dealer is showing a 4, 5, or six. If it's a " Oh what the hay hit it " that you are hearing you are at the wrong table. The way Pete explains it is set up these days you just pour your money at them at a pace you determine. I have no idea what fun there is in that. You must Sit at 3rd base (the very last seat to the dealers right)  and play with people that know how outcomes of their play effects the ENTIRE table. 

Oh no commish they want $125-175 dollars to play there (the best courses) I often heard.

My reply,

These are guys who did golf regularly at home but never wanted to build golf into their Vegas getaway.

Maybe more from me regarding your post telling us about (as the Brits say) your holiday in Vegas P3P. Thanks for telling us about it.  

It's like no other place on earth. Let me tell you when I attended UNLV (my first chapter there) in the early 80's is when I liked the city the best. I started chapter 2 in 1996. That was the beginning of the corporate owned mega sized properties. I escaped in 2007.  When I heard that a few years ago they started charging to park in the garages I puked. It loved it for a decade, but like my great friend Chef Parker I too am damn glad I escaped.

Las Vegas Paiute: 54 holes of Pete Dye perfection

A review of Paiute's Sun Mountain Course in Las Vegas by Two Guys Who Golf

Super nice of them to design that last hole after your head. 

• Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic