Stack and Tilt... here I come?

Had a decent indoor session this AM, this is the path forward to me. Focus on the finish, stay on your front side.  You do NOT have to do "psycho" stuff on the transition from backswing to down swing.  The best I was playing last year, i was really wooden man no hands type stuff. 

Strike was mostly good today, its putting it together and gaining a little speed again.

• Like 1

Woods: TaylorMade RBZ Tour Spoon, TaylorMade RBZ 5 Wood

Long Irons: Ping Zings 2 Iron, 3 Iron 

Iron Sets Cleveland Blacks 2012 5 To 9 or Wilson Staff Goosenecks 1988 4 to PW or Hogan Redline's 1988 4 to E (no 7)

Wedges: Mizuno T22 (45/05) ,1969 Fluid Feel PW (52 degrees)  , 80s Wilson BeCu (54 degrees),  60s Wilson Sandy Andy

Putter: Ping Pal or Odyssey White Hot XG Marxman Blade. 

Ball: Yellow Srixon Q Stars

2 hours ago, Maine Golfer said:

Had a decent indoor session this AM, this is the path forward to me. Focus on the finish, stay on your front side.  You do NOT have to do "psycho" stuff on the transition from backswing to down swing.  The best I was playing last year, i was really wooden man no hands type stuff. 

Strike was mostly good today, its putting it together and gaining a little speed again.

Stick with it! I started doing this last summer and by the end of the year I was hitting distances I hadn’t hit in 20 years. My speed crept up very naturally just by sticking with weight left, lead arm straight, left shoulder at ball. Good luck!

• Like 1

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

• 2 weeks later...

Lack of snow means I can use my parents land to practice and was able to yesterday. I do so much better outdoors than indoor golf (its all in my head but its true)

Didn't go up and down the bag, tried to give myself some structure. SW and 7 irons, good changes being made and Im getting great contact more times than not.  Making sure I set my tilt , lead hip right every time is key. Rapid fire banging balls is ALWAYs bad for me, break the practice into smaller problems and don't rush. 

Should be a couple weeks and Ill have access to courses / real ranges outdoors again, im sticking to this system and am excited for it. 

Releasing the club / the finish is everything for me. 

• Like 1

Iron Sets Cleveland Blacks 2012 5 To 9 or Wilson Staff Goosenecks 1988 4 to PW or Hogan Redline's 1988 4 to E (no 7)

Wedges: Mizuno T22 (45/05) ,1969 Fluid Feel PW (52 degrees)  , 80s Wilson BeCu (54 degrees),  60s Wilson Sandy Andy

Wow the S&T...I actually played with this system and was coached by a PGA teacher who did a two week seminar with Bennet & Plummer back in the day.  I am 6'4 so swaying always caused (what I call) my natural swing to be inconsistent.  It was an upright swing that played to a nice power fade but only when my timing (no swaying) was on.  Looking to be more consistent I tried the S&T and shot one of my lowest rounds of my life...73.  Being tall and having an upright swing never worked well with modern day drivers so when I went to the S&T I heard that people did not like hitting a driver with this system and why I think many pros went away from it...but for me I was fine with that and learned to hit a strong 3 wood (averaged well over 250 off the tree back then) using the S&T.  So I had enough power to play any golf course and focused on a very strong iron and short game for success (6 HC back then)

On to my current game...been away from the game for quite a while and slowly working my way back by teaching my wife the game and us playing executive course while she learns.  I started out with my natural swing and was doing okay and my wives natural swing was coming along nicely...BUT we are finding ourselves to be inconsistent and based on what I remember about the S&T it can make you very consistent and is a system that you just need to follow each step for success.  My wife and I are ex-athletes so we are going to go on a journey together and work at the S&T and see if we can enjoy the game more by using this system and I believe we can from what it did for my game back in the day.

Good luck to whom ever tries this system and for me it was as simple as looking at the Golf Digest article back in the day and following the four simple steps to the S&T by Plummer and Bennet.  I say if something works for you then use it.  No swing is the perfect swing so use the one that works best for you!!!

Edited by iGuy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, iGuy said:

Wow the S&T...I actually played with this system and was coached by a PGA teacher who did a two week seminar with Bennet & Plummer back in the day.  I am 6'4 so swaying always caused (what I call) my natural swing to be inconsistent.  It was an upright swing that played to a nice power fade but only when my timing (no swaying) was on.  Looking to be more consistent I tried the S&T and shot one of my lowest rounds of my life...73.  Being tall and having an upright swing never worked well with modern day drivers so when I went to the S&T I heard that people did not like hitting a driver with this system and why I think many pros went away from it...but for me I was fine with that and learned to hit a strong 3 wood (averaged well over 250 off the tree back then) using the S&T.  So I had enough power to play any golf course and focused on a very strong iron and short game for success (6 HC back then)

On to my current game...been away from the game for quite a while and slowly working my way back by teaching my wife the game and us playing executive course while she learns.  I started out with my natural swing and was doing okay and my wives natural swing was coming along nicely...BUT we are finding ourselves to be inconsistent and based on what I remember about the S&T it can make you very consistent and is a system that you just need to follow each step for success.  My wife and I are ex-athletes so we are going to go on a journey together and work at the S&T and see if we can enjoy the game more by using this system and I believe we can from what it did for my game back in the day.

Good luck to whom ever tries this system and for me it was as simple as looking at the Golf Digest article back in the day and following the four simple steps to the S&T by Plummer and Bennet.  I say if something works for you then use it.  No swing is the perfect swing so use the one that works best for you!!!

Have you watched the S&T 2.0 DVD? 

24 minutes ago, polski said:

Have you watched the S&T 2.0 DVD? 

I have. 😉 

• Haha 1

Erik J. Barzeski | Erie, PA

GEARS • GCQuad MAX/FlightScope • SwingCatalyst/BodiTrak

I like the truth and facts. I don't deal in magic grits: 26. #FeelAintReal

"Golf is the only game in which a precise knowledge of the rules can earn one a reputation for bad sportsmanship." — Pat Campbell

On 3/20/2024 at 10:52 AM, iGuy said:

I am 6'4 so swaying always caused (what I call) my natural swing to be inconsistent. 

I'm literally 6'4 and feel you on that. The plan is to keep working on my irons and as I bed my new swing in more, move to the mini driver. Big faced drivers have not been kind to me, ive always done better with 3 woods or things billed as mini drivers / 2 woods. Used the reissue TM Spoon 13 in HS. 

I've spent the better part of a year with this swing. My natural miss is a bad sway and an OTT move. It seriously has taken a year to get used to this, but I square up my clubs more consistently than before. 

My timing and direction control still struggle, but with a simpler swing I hit more smoked draws than before. 

With that said I have a distinct gap when going from irons to hybrids and longer. What is usually an inside out swing with face closed to club path is an inside out swing with face open to club path. 

I push, push/slice long clubs. 

I also struggle with my body weight moving forward in my downswing, i.e. poor major power move. 

This year I'm trying to work on swing path and transition bc I know when it's well done I crush the ball. 

Any idea why long clubs would become open face?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have this strange feeling that when you do it right and rotate, you feel you are LEFT LEFT LEFT but it ends up on line? 

On 4/14/2024 at 8:18 PM, Maine Golfer said:

Anyone have this strange feeling that when you do it right and rotate, you feel you are LEFT LEFT LEFT but it ends up on line? 

Never mind, being outside on a real course I got my eyes and feel back.  I think the LEFT feeling is what indoor golf does to me, my eye's like real depth and distance

I'm hitting them well, my yardages are what they peak last year pre stack and tilt if not better!. I'm taking my 5 h out of the bag, I'm topping it and reverting to bad old swings with it. I'm hitting down on my irons great. The only time my old swing is sneaking in, is my lone hybrid. 

Finally Tom Saguto is my new favorite, he's straight to the point on this. Is S&T for everyone, unlikely but if you want to try it Tom is very very easy to follow on Youtube. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maine Golfer said:

Never mind, being outside on a real course I got my eyes and feel back.  I think the LEFT feeling is what indoor golf does to me, my eye's like real depth and distance

I'm hitting them well, my yardages are what they peak last year pre stack and tilt if not better!. I'm taking my 5 h out of the bag, I'm topping it and reverting to bad old swings with it. I'm hitting down on my irons great. The only time my old swing is sneaking in, is my lone hybrid. 

Finally Tom Saguto is my new favorite, he's straight to the point on this. Is S&T for everyone, unlikely but if you want to try it Tom is very very easy to follow on Youtube. 

No question his personality or the way he comes across on his videos isn’t for everyone but his videos saved my golf game. I just get him or what he’s teaching definitely works for me either way I’m thankful I found his channel.

• Like 1

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter