Stack and Tilt... here I come?

15 hours ago, J_Tizzle said:

OK, I randomly tried some SNT earlier this year and hit the irons awesome (like 7i - LW) but struggled with the longer clubs a lot.  Enough to the point where I gave up on it because I couldn't get off the tee at all.  My season is basically over so I'm looking to find something to try to work on over the off months in a simulator  and I'm really considering doing the SNT method and figuring out the driver.

With that said, has anyone used the Saguto.golf stuff?  I've watched a ton of his videos on youtube and he's fairly entertaining and his swing doesn't look near as odd as all the SNT guys back when  Weir did it.  It just seems to make sense because he talks more about feels than positions, which has been a bit of my hangup with the SNT book (forget the name).  It translates much better to videos vs a book.

1. As many others have said before me, while there is a full system available, you can also take and choose the bits that work. I follow a Kwon type feel for off the tee, SnT for 5i up. 

2. Tom’s free stuff is good; I haven’t paid for any of it. If you’re going to pay for anything more than $30, I’d really recommend an online lesson. I’ve found that because snt is so systematic, it makes online lessons really quite efficient. You can find a few snt folks on Skillest. 

• Like 2

I have tinkered with it but the only part I use is the weight forward at setup. It helped me because of the shifting of weight became less attainable after hip replacements. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

6 hours ago, rondo01 said:

1. As many others have said before me, while there is a full system available, you can also take and choose the bits that work. I follow a Kwon type feel for off the tee, SnT for 5i up. 

2. Tom’s free stuff is good; I haven’t paid for any of it. If you’re going to pay for anything more than $30, I’d really recommend an online lesson. I’ve found that because snt is so systematic, it makes online lessons really quite efficient. You can find a few snt folks on Skillest. 

Yep, I totally feel like I could implement a lot of the iron/wedge ideas immediately then kinda do a hybrid driver/wood approach unless I really get the hang of it all.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

1 hour ago, J_Tizzle said:

Yep, I totally feel like I could implement a lot of the iron/wedge ideas immediately then kinda do a hybrid driver/wood approach unless I really get the hang of it all.

Check out Eric Corgono’s stuff on YouTube as well. He incorporates some S&T principles without going full bore. He’s also had some S&T guest instructors, including Saguto, on his channel.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

13 hours ago, 62@Oakmont said:

Check out Eric Corgono’s stuff on YouTube as well. He incorporates some S&T principles without going full bore. He’s also had some S&T guest instructors, including Saguto, on his channel.

Will do that.

I went to the range and hit some balls this morning since my courses greens are shut down (complete other story there...).  I tried to incorporate a few things but the thing that kinda "clicked" for me today was trying to make my relatively strong grip more neutral and kinda locking my left wrist and everything started to click a lot more.  This allowed me to get better width both back and through the ball (Saguto preaches this a lot) and most importantly almost immediately stopped the snappers.  The SNT weight forward allowed me to continue to hit down on the ball and get close to the same distance, but of course at this point, I'm not near as concerned for the distance I just want to hit the ball more solid and closer to where I'm aiming, which I started to do towards the end of the session today.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I’m interested in others opinion of the S&T YouTube instructors.

If you had to choose / follow only one:

Which one and why?
Which video you starting with?

Is there an advantage to the S&T DVDs over the YouTube guys? If you go with official S&T videos, which series and why?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

if I had to follow one it’d probably be Jonathan Kim Moss and I’d start with his snt vs conventional vids, and the In to Out series. I like JKM because he doesn’t come with the slap stick (saguto), it doesn’t feel like he’s reading from a text book (rob cheny and nick taylor), and he doesn’t come across as a zealot. I’d also follow anything @mikpga says, and give James Jordan and Andreas Kali a follow on IG, along with the whole MORAD crew.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rondo01 said:

if I had to follow one it’d probably be Jonathan Kim Moss and I’d start with his snt vs conventional vids, and the In to Out series. I like JKM because he doesn’t come with the slap stick (saguto), it doesn’t feel like he’s reading from a text book (rob cheny and nick taylor), and he doesn’t come across as a zealot. I’d also follow anything @mikpga says, and give James Jordan and Andreas Kali a follow on IG, along with the whole MORAD crew.

I REALLY like those videos, gave him a follow.

While I agree Saguto is kinda slap sticky at times, I like he talks more about "feels" vs positions.  I've played the same way for 30 years at this point, I need to feel something vs worrying about positions etc. especially with a 1-year old, my golfing time is essentially just when I play.

Hey Guys,

2 weeks ago I had a full day lesson with Andy Plummer. It was absolutely awesome. Hands down the best lesson i have ever got. Not close..Keep in mind ..i have had some lessons with "GD TOP teachers list"..but this was on another level..Guy is a gentleman...he takes the time..explains EVERYTHING.. NEVER takes a break..he went from 10a-430..other than pounding diet pepsi..

Amazing experience..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, basbolstar said:

Hey Guys,

2 weeks ago I had a full day lesson with Andy Plummer. It was absolutely awesome. Hands down the best lesson i have ever got. Not close..Keep in mind ..i have had some lessons with "GD TOP teachers list"..but this was on another level..Guy is a gentleman...he takes the time..explains EVERYTHING.. NEVER takes a break..he went from 10a-430..other than pounding diet pepsi..

Amazing experience..

This is a true recap of what Andy does with his half and full day lessons.  I have hosted him at our facility twice, nothing but a true gentlemen, who wants you to understand the “why”, and go about the “how”to improve your ballstriking…

I’ve been mentored by Andy Plummer, Geoff Jones, Bob Grissett, Michael Manavian, and so many others.  Andy is definitely at the top of my list.

• Like 4

On 9/5/2022 at 10:53 AM, Cwing said:

Which one and why?

Is there an advantage to the S&T DVDs over the YouTube guys? If you go with official S&T videos, which series and why?

Nick Taylor Golf is another good one.  He's got a ton of content on his channel- everything from videos on the basic principles, to 10-12 minute deep dives on very specific principles if there's something you want to go into more detail on.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

On 9/5/2022 at 3:12 PM, rondo01 said:

I’d also follow anything@mikpga says, 

I’d second this.

I’ve managed to spend time with @mikpga on three occasions. Very much looking forward to more sessions in the future

Currently trying to get better with the finish (hips tucked) without losing other pieces. Looks easy but it doesn’t seem like my body wants to move that way

Edited by Cwing
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Also, not really a stack / tilt comment but….. I went to see the LPGA yesterday at Kenwood CC (Cincinnati, Oh). 

Without taking a deep dive into swing mechanics, extended / straight lead arms and centered / still heads seem pretty universal when watching pros regardless of which tour you are watching.

• Like 3

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

On 9/3/2022 at 10:22 PM, J_Tizzle said:

OK, I randomly tried some SNT earlier this year and hit the irons awesome (like 7i - LW) but struggled with the longer clubs a lot.  Enough to the point where I gave up on it because I couldn't get off the tee at all.  My season is basically over so I'm looking to find something to try to work on over the off months in a simulator  and I'm really considering doing the SNT method and figuring out the driver.

With that said, has anyone used the Saguto.golf stuff?  I've watched a ton of his videos on youtube and he's fairly entertaining and his swing doesn't look near as odd as all the SNT guys back when  Weir did it.  It just seems to make sense because he talks more about feels than positions, which has been a bit of my hangup with the SNT book (forget the name).  It translates much better to videos vs a book.

That was my experience with it, with the slight difference being that S&T was great for all my irons, all the way down to my 2-iron. However, woods and driver were a snap hook mess. Likely because I was doing it wrong. What I ended up doing was I kept S&T for iron shots, and went back to a more traditional type swing for woods. And then in 2020, I abandoned S&T pretty much altogether. 

I did love that I could often times mash my 2-iron farther than some of the guys' drivers with S&T. 

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)

On 9/9/2022 at 10:27 AM, KNOWMOREDOUBLES said:

So with S&T should the spine remain pretty vertical throughout the swing until after impact?  So not much spine tilt away from the target (reverse K look)?

not sure it’s be described as vertical, but yeah the idea is to keep things aligned.

A8A4ED94-3AFB-4815-8B1B-9CDA9D07E795.jpeg

Edited by rondo01

On 9/5/2022 at 11:53 AM, Cwing said:

Which one and why?

There really only is one correct answer to this, if interested in Stack and Tilt, one should start with official Stack and Tilt material. 

There are 2 DVD sets for S&T that should be the foundation, and they are available on the S&T web site: https://stackandtilt.com/golfers/subscribe/

Of course if you have an authorized S&T instructor locally, that would be ideal. 

The youtube instructors are great, but realistically the information they produce should supplement the original material, not replace it

9 hours ago, rondo01 said:

Anyone have a favorite drill to get the left knee over the ankle in the DS? Really struggling with this part of the swing.

Difficult to say without a look at the swing. Likely it's something you've set up in the backswing that inhibits the transition.

On 9/5/2022 at 11:53 AM, Cwing said:

Which one and why?

Recommend the 2.0 (4) DVD set.

You get to see the big picture of the system.

• Thanks 1

So I have been S&T for almost two weeks now.  A few things from my point of view:

-Weight forward in the set up is comfortable.  If my weight, pressure or whatever shifts to my back foot a little, I don't care and I don't even think about it.

-I need to be careful pushing my hands forward too much.  This caused some big pushes. I cannot aim right at all this just brings my hands into it and causes mishits.

-I have not been hitting any snap hooks

-Head steady is a good thought.  Keep moving towards the target, this helps me 'cover' the ball

Definitely sticking with it!!

For those that mentioned the S&T 2.0 dvd’s, how / what is different from the orginal?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

On 8/23/2022 at 7:41 AM, mikpga said:

Watch the 2.0 DVD series to gain a better perspective of "weight shift".  Weight is mass, then there is pressure one feels in their feet.

Presentation and quality is so much better in 2.0 imo…

Overall visuals and data provided is better as well…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1