Ventus blue 6(s,x) vs black 6(s,x)

Hi All,

I have recently switched to SIM 9’ head with tensei CK pro Orange 6s (1/2” tipped) from TS2 9.5’ with the stock hzrdus black 60 stiff. My ball flight with TS2 was too high for my liking. But now with SIM, the ball flight is too low. I like the ball speed and low spin characteristic of SIM head. I was wondering if ventus blue or black could provide a higher flight compared tensei orange.

Unfortunately, fitting is not an option for me at this moment. I will just have to make the purchase based on the best guess and try it out... my swing speed is about 107-110mph with the ball speed about 155-162mph. My swing tempo is just medium, i dont think i am loading tensei orange to its fullest. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have both the blue and black as gamers.  I've tested the CK Pro Orange.  The blue is more mid/low launch.  I don't really think it would be a good fit honestly.  The Ventus Red might actually be the

27 minutes ago, Golfluv said:

Thanks. Should the flight be any different between blue 6x or 6s?

On paper the shafts will have a similar flight with the same swing mechanics - but at appropriate speeds. If someone with a slower swing used an X flex they would potentially have less launch and spin, than with the S. If someone had a higher SS, it would be the opposite. Again this is in theory and is somewhat individual to the user.

Epic Max LS + Tensei CK Pro Blue / TS2 3W + Diamana BF / TS2 7W + Diamana B / GAPR Lo 4 + MMT UT  / Apex 19 Pro + Modus3 120 / MD5 / Toulon Las Vegas +  KBS CT Tour

I have both the blue and black as gamers.  I've tested the CK Pro Orange.  The blue is more mid/low launch.  I don't really think it would be a good fit honestly.  The Ventus Red might actually be the better option here.  On paper it says mid/high launch, but it's not quite your regular "red" profile from what I've seen.  The nice thing about the red is that you can tip it to bring some of the spin down.  My cousin had a Ventus Blue 6s in his driver tipped an inch.  Launched too low and didn't spin enough.  The ball would just fall out of the sky.  Mind you he had a SIM 10.5.  He traded it in for a TP-6s and now his numbers are spot on.    

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

My swing speed, ball speed and tempo is the same as yours. I play a Radspeed with a Tensei 1k white 60TX and it is perfect. Was playing a Hzrdus Green and flight was too low. I also tried a friends Sim2 9 with a 50TX and flight was good but spun to much. I would say you might consider the Tensei 1k in 60TX.  I tried a ventus blue and it launched a little high for me. The black was ok but launched in between my 1k and the Hzrdus green.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

The blue is more mid/low launch.  I don't really think it would be a good fit honestly.  The Ventus Red might actually be the better option here. 

I havent considered ventus red. Maybe i should. I have normally been a high ball hitter with AOA of 3-5 degree. I’ve never thought i would struggle with hitting it low. lol. 
I saw justin thomas using ventus red at one point, so i know it’s not reserved for a slower ss too. Do you have a sense as to how much height increase you would expect with red compared to blue? 
from what i have read it looks like black is slightly higher or comparable to orange, blue is noticeably higher than black with a more kick. But not much on red.

17 hours ago, JDennis said:

I play a Radspeed with a Tensei 1k white 60TX and it is perfect. Was playing a Hzrdus Green and flight was too low. I also tried a friends Sim2 9 with a 50TX and flight was good but spun to much. I would say you might consider the Tensei 1k in 60TX.  I tried a ventus blue and it launched a little high for me. The black was ok but launched in between my 1k and the Hzrdus green.

Do you know how 1k white would compared to orange in terms of flight? 

Edited by Golfluv
2 minutes ago, Golfluv said:

I havent considered ventus red. I have normally been a high ball hitter with AOA of 3-5 degree. I’ve never thought i would struggle with hitting it low. I have seen justin thomas used ventus red at one point, so i know it’s not reserved for a slower ss too.

Do you know how 1k white would compared to orange in terms of flight? 

JT hits up the ball quite a bit too from the videos on youtube I've seen.  Ventus Red is closer to the typical blue board profile IMO but with slightly less spin.  You can always tip it an inch or more to bring the spin down. 

TM SIM 2, 8* w/Ventus Black 7x

TM SIM 15* w/TB 80x

TM Tour Issue Deep Face Ghost Proto TP 2 HB  w/Thump 105x

New Level NLU-01 21* w/KBS Proto 105x

New Level 623-M 5-PW w/MMT 125 TX

54* Miura HB w/KBS 610 S+, 58* Miura w/KBS Tour Black

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1

On 4/13/2021 at 7:31 PM, Golfluv said:

Hi All,

I have recently switched to SIM 9’ head with tensei CK pro Orange 6s (1/2” tipped) from TS2 9.5’ with the stock hzrdus black 60 stiff. My ball flight with TS2 was too high for my liking. But now with SIM, the ball flight is too low. I like the ball speed and low spin characteristic of SIM head. I was wondering if ventus blue or black could provide a higher flight compared tensei orange.

Unfortunately, fitting is not an option for me at this moment. I will just have to make the purchase based on the best guess and try it out... my swing speed is about 107-110mph with the ball speed about 155-162mph. My swing tempo is just medium, i dont think i am loading tensei orange to its fullest. 

The OG sim had that effect on nearly everyone. I was in a 7.5 mizuno head and i  couldnt elevate a 9* SIM enough. I had to get a 10.5 head turned down to 9.75. Im not sure if you will find much difference in the shaft, but Id try lofting up.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Red4282 said:

The OG sim had that effect on nearly everyone. I was in a 7.5 mizuno head and i  couldnt elevate a 9* SIM enough. I had to get a 10.5 head turned down to 9.75. Im not sure if you will find much difference in the shaft, but Id try lofting up.

Good point. I’ll loft it up few clicks and see if it makes a difference.  I also dont feel like i am loading tensei orange enough. It feels like 2 x 4 when my timing is off. 

Edited by Golfluv