Fairway Jockey.. any one have experience with them??

Hey guys,

I ordered some custom irons from Fairway Jockey back in February and now been over 100 days and no clubs.  I have contacted a few times and being told that they are waiting for the 5 and 7 iron shafts.  It has been over 60 days that they told me that.   I am wondering if anyone in here has dealt with them and what your experience was?

Thanks!!!!

Ping G425 9* set to 10* w/ Tensei Orange X stiff
Callaway Epic 3 wood 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
Ping G425 7 wood set to 19.5* w/ Alta CB 65 S
Wilson Staff V6 forged 5-PW w/ KBS tour 130X
Vokey SM6 50* w/ KBS C Taper 130 X
Vokey SM7 55*, 60* w/ KBS Tour V 120
Taylor Made tour Spider 35 inches w/ Super Stoke pistol

They're a legit company.  Unfortunately supply issues is a big problem for all industries including golf.  I ordered a set of Wilson Staff CB irons from Fairway Jockey on Jan 30......I got them (and a Ventus Red fairway shaft) toward the end of April.  In my case they were waiting on the heads from Wilson.  I have a Modus 120x 6 iron shaft on backorder with Golfworks coming up on a month.  It sucks, but that's the state of affairs these days.

Edited by ChadL
  • Like 2

Thanks Chad.

I also ordered the Wilson Staff CB"s....   How do you like them?  I have the V6 forged and love them..  

I ordered mine with the True Temper tour issue 120 X100.   They say they have the heads and are waiting on the 5 and 7 shafts.   I placed my order on Feb 25th.   I am really hoping they get here soon so I can use the in the summer tourney's I have coming up.

Edited by johnmurphy1121

Ping G425 9* set to 10* w/ Tensei Orange X stiff
Callaway Epic 3 wood 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7X
Ping G425 7 wood set to 19.5* w/ Alta CB 65 S
Wilson Staff V6 forged 5-PW w/ KBS tour 130X
Vokey SM6 50* w/ KBS C Taper 130 X
Vokey SM7 55*, 60* w/ KBS Tour V 120
Taylor Made tour Spider 35 inches w/ Super Stoke pistol

I've ordered from them a few times (pre covid) and they were great, and just a few weeks back I ordered the driver and 5w in my signature. After hearing how long you guys have waited, I don't have confidence that I'll be playing them this summer lol. It's kind of misleading that the custom club fulfillment times are being quoted as 10-12 days (8 weeks for Ping).

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

8 minutes ago, johnmurphy1121 said:

Thanks Chad.

I also ordered the Wilson Staff CB"s....   How do you like them?  I have the V6 forged and love them..  

I ordered mine with the True Temper tour issue 120 X100.   They say they have the heads and are waiting on the 5 and 7 shafts.   I placed my order on Feb 25th.   I am really hoping they get here soon so I can use the in the summer tourney's I have coming up.

I absolutely love the Staff CBs.  I have a few sets of irons that I like to rotate.  However, I have yet to rotate these out.  I just really enjoy these irons.  I went with Oban CT125 xflex in mine. 

• Like 1

I ordered my current set of i210's from them about a year ago. A couple of months in, the 8 iron head started to become separated from the shaft and they sent me a fedex label and I sent it in and it was fixed up pretty quickly. The customer service was great. I don't really fault them for a faulty build too much because these were MMT shafts I have, they probably don't have as much experience building those up and prepping the tips for irons. Also, could have just been a fluke. Anyway, they fixed it quick for no cost. I hear the pain of waiting. I have resorted to pretty much not ordering anything custom for now and am back to my old ways of "try and buy" piecemeal from the internet.  Will likely look at a new set of irons when all the new Mizuno, Titleist and Ping stuff come out this fall and will def be getting fit and will probably order through Fairway Jockey again. 

Edited by halfsumo
  • Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I ordered from them in March and got my clubs 3rd week of April IIRC. They had to wait for components, they always answered my emails. I only sent 2 emails because I already knew about supply issues through here. Build is wonderful and I would definitely order from them again. 

Sorry you've been waiting so long but I think it's more of a global issue than a Fairway Jockey one. I'm in distribution out here on Guam and everything is behind, kinda scary because we're in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 1

Ordered a shaft from them recently and got it in about 10 days. It was a driver shaft that was in stock and had a Ping tip installed on it. Ordered it with no grip. 

So much equipment is currently on back order. Been looking for Tour Velvet Cords for months and can't find them anywhere. Golf Works says they are supposed to have them mid-July but we will see. 

They are legit and do good work. It's just the supply chain

• 1 month later...

Ordered a shaft with ping tip for hybrid a few weeks ago. Minimal communication and not very responsive. Glad to hear they're legit, but they could/should be more proactive regarding communication given supply chain issues....

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

On 8/10/2021 at 9:18 AM, ephmen said:

Ordered a shaft with ping tip for hybrid a few weeks ago. Minimal communication and not very responsive. Glad to hear they're legit, but they could/should be more proactive regarding communication given supply chain issues....

Certainly don't know your direct experience or any specifics about this particular case, but given current supply chain issues it can be massively difficult to provide accurate - or even best guess - information.  As a middle man, communication is brutal in this environment - good chance they're not getting reliable info, they know it and reasonable expectations on the consumer's end suffers.   

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:13 AM, OKMrazor said:

Certainly don't know your direct experience or any specifics about this particular case, but given current supply chain issues it can be massively difficult to provide accurate - or even best guess - information.  As a middle man, communication is brutal in this environment - good chance they're not getting reliable info, they know it and reasonable expectations on the consumer's end suffers.   

Understand that. But, I would send 3 emails to even get a response. I'm fine if they don't know when it is coming in, but at least let me know what the status is or pretend you care about my business. 

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

• 2 months later...

I’ve ordered from FairwayJockey a few times. Quality has been good, but the customer service is absolutely horrendous. Could never get anyone to respond to anything. 

I reached out for a price adjustment because I had purchased a new set of Miura’s - and a couple days later they sent out a 15% off promo for custom irons. So, I reached out to get a price adjustment (since 99% of companies offer that) & nobody responded until 3 weeks later & they told me no. 

Definitely won’t order from them again. 

• 2 months later...

I ordered a driver shaft from them. Shaft arrived with correct grip, correct adapter, correct maker and correct length. Unfortunately it was the incorrect flex. Definitely not what I ordered. I am still trying to contact them and remedy problem but so far unable to get anything but answering machine. Hopefully someone will respond soon. 

• 7 months later...

This company is definitely a disaster in customer service.

i ordered a set of t100s with mmt shafts.  6 clubs, $1500.  I requested only the 9iron to be bent 1*.  What i received was every iron except the 5 iron bent strong.  They offered a return where I’d have to wait again.

I went ahead and accepted it, after dealing with a disaster of being ignored. BIG MISTAKE.  

Noticed the shots were drifting right more than often. Went to recheck the specs and every club is also 1.5* to 2* flat!  

I’ve requested a full refund because they have been bent more times than a woody Austin putter, and they are refusing.  Unbelievable and not ok.  Stay away from them and their customer service team who WILL ignore you.  

• 1 month later...

I got a crappy build from them on an Autoflex shaft that they wouldnt allow me to buy as a raw shaft. Visible dried epoxy on the shaft, gap in the ferrule on a callaway adapter. no one from fairway jockey will respond and i tried to do a paypal dispute but that was rejected. 

this may sound petty, but as a club builder myself, i just can't get myself to use this shaft because of the crappy build quality.