2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

No notifications to hotmail

My account is set up with an old hotmail address. Haven't received any emails for notifications since June 30th. Can change address to a gmail account and seems to work OK. Changing back to hotmail, don't even get an email account change / verification email. Checked obvious stuff -- have white listed [email protected]; email address spelled right; nothing in spam / junk.

Searched forums and found some people with hotmail issues a few months back when the forums changed but looked like it magically resolved for them.

Probably something on the hotmail side for me too, but thought to check with you guys for any possible server issues. I'm not aware of changing any settings on my end since start of July.

Thx!

@VNutz Thanks for confirming it’s not just me! Hopefully the mods see this and there’s something bouncing on they can fix.

I moved my address to a gmail account temporarily but would like to go back to Hotmail (as weird as that sounds) since I have some custom filtering rules set up over there.

• Like 1

Nothing site can do. It’s something that Hotmail users need to resolve with them. 

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

On 7/21/2021 at 7:09 AM, Gxgolfer said:

Nothing site can do. It’s something that Hotmail users need to resolve with them. 

@Gxgolfer

Tried contacting them, got a pointer back to their online help, with direction to have sender notify via postmaster.live.com. I've gone through all checks on my account multiple times and can't find anything that is causing a block.

image.png.8bed4ab771fc7698edd63f92451de44c.png

Have people done this?

How can I prevent my messages from being marked as from an "unknown sender" in the Outlook.com interface?

One way to ensure that your messages aren't marked as being from an "unknown sender" is to join Return Path's Certification program, a third-party accreditation and reputation service that provides Outlook.com with a list of responsible senders. Alternatively, if an Outlook.com user adds your domain or email address to their "contacts" or their "safe-senders list" they will no longer see this notification.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

On 7/25/2021 at 1:04 PM, Gxgolfer said:

Have people done this?

How can I prevent my messages from being marked as from an "unknown sender" in the Outlook.com interface?

One way to ensure that your messages aren't marked as being from an "unknown sender" is to join Return Path's Certification program, a third-party accreditation and reputation service that provides Outlook.com with a list of responsible senders. Alternatively, if an Outlook.com user adds your domain or email address to their "contacts" or their "safe-senders list" they will no longer see this notification.

Is there any way to verify if the notifications are being sent?  I have the entire golfwrx.com domain on my safe list and I still am not getting notifications about PMs or anything else from the site.  It seems that this is not an end user problem but something between WRX and outlook because the messages aren't being marked as "unknown sender" they aren't being received at all.  

It is Microsoft blocking the domain. Live, Hotmail, outlook.   It’s nothing on our end and yes we tried contacting Microsoft 

You can test by changing to gmail or yahoo. 

BST AD Help

1 minute ago, Gxgolfer said:

It is Microsoft blocking the domain. Live, Hotmail, outlook. 

You can test by changing to gmail or yahoo. 

Yeah I figured that was the case, but it isn't doing it on an individual account basis therefore there is nothing that individuals can do to fix this.  Someone from the forum needs to contact Microsoft as the entire domain has apparently been blacklisted for some reason or another.

We did. No results. Users would have better luck contacting Microsoft. 

BST AD Help

So you've confirmed that you are getting bouncebacks whenever an email is sent to someone with a hotmail/live/outlook address?  

Microsoft is like the 2nd largest email provider in the US so I'd think it would be worth the time to diagnose the problem further.....

Edited by ChitownM2

The messages are going out. You can change your email address to verify. We are looking at it but you will have more success than us. 

BST AD Help

Ya, I do have emails going to a gmail account as temp fix. I contacted Microsoft last week via email and was directed to the help page shared above and told to contact the sender. Thank you for continuing to investigate why the domain has been blacklisted for all us.

9 hours ago, Gxgolfer said:

The messages are going out. You can change your email address to verify. We are looking at it but you will have more success than us. 

The messages are being sent, but are you getting the bounce back emails?  The bounce back would indicate whether or not the site is black listed or on the block list.  If wrx is on the blacklist / block list then then no matter how many emails we send to Microsoft they won't do anything until the site corrects the reason they were added to the list.  More than likely the emails were being flagged as SPAM and thus after so many emails the site was eventually blacklisted.  I know I had to add the site to my safe list at one point to keep them from going into the junk email, but if not enough people did that or don't know how the site would have eventually been flagged as a spammer.....

https://www.knownhost.com/wiki/email/troubleshooting/hotmail-blacklisting-removal-request

Having same issue. Going to find another site for awhile until this is figured. Nice motivation to explore other golf outlets

Edited by casey_0507

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Nope. Won’t be a near term fix. Microsoft is not answering any request and yes we are looking at mail headers. 

BST AD Help

I think if golfwrx added a SPF record these mail issues would stop. DMARC would help even more. 

golfwrx is routing mail through gmail so depending on whether their messages are being sent via gmail web interface, imap/smtp or a mail campaigner the SPF has to reflect where the messages are coming from. 

This is what I do for a living and I’d be happy to help the community in any way I can. 

image.png.99380369f88699d5308564699145471c.png

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gxgolfer said:

We aren’t routing through gmail for server notifications. 

That makes SPF even more important. 

you’ll want to do a “include:constantcontact.com” or whatever service does send those emails. If it’s an ip something like “ip4:aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd”

depends on where those emails are coming from. With no spf record every message delivered from a @golfwrx.com address is an SPF “hard fail” and you’re relying on the recipient mail server to allow that. 

• Thanks 1