Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

1 hour ago, SollyinGA said:

For sure. My lighting issue was caused by leds, I believe. I use my phone slow motion feature a lot for analysis of my swing. I noticed that the lights would go on and off during the slow motion videos. I simply stopped using them and used a halogen spot light in its place.

For the first month, I thought I had a dud unit, but after testing the GC3 outside on the range, it confirmed accurate.

Even with the lighting change, there were certain shots that would come up shorter than I would have anticipated. I was using a Country Club Elite during that time. That mat is very dense and really slows the club down if you catch it the least bit fat.

The CC elite was also painful in my wrist and elbows as I like to practice a lot. I can hit up to 300 balls a day in a busy day. Most of the pain comes on the shorter clubs where one becomes a little steeper. The pain had actually caused me to become a flipper over time to avoid hitting the mat. I was trying to sweep the ball as much as possible. It’s taken a good month to get rid of the flip and I still revert back to it at times.

I ended up buying a Fiberbuilt mat. There is absolutely no joint pain. I’ve read reviews and it does give a bit of a flyer lie so you may see a little less spin on some shots, but I can still spin my wedges in the 10k range effortlessly. The flyers are very few and far between. If I didn’t know that this was I trait of the Fiberbuilt, I would have never noticed it. The mat is pricy at just over a grand, but the performance is worth it to as it allows me to practice much longer each day.

After those two changes as well as the latest firmware update, I’ve been very satisfied. 

Thanks for the update.  Yep, I agree the Fiberbuilt mat is a great mat and performs well.  That is what I use in my setup. 

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

1 hour ago, whumber said:

Yeah, unless you are very much a picker those CCE mats are brutal. We have them in our warmup area at my home course and even on well struck shots they do some damage to your wrist and elbows if you regular take any kind of divot. Fiberbuilt, Truestrike, Softstrike, HG are all worth the additional expense, especially with an indoor setup.

I couldn’t agree more. I had a CCE mat, I use it for an hour 3 days in a row & and elbow still hurts a month later 

2 hours ago, Gstew1930 said:

I couldn’t agree more. I had a CCE mat, I use it for an hour 3 days in a row & and elbow still hurts a month later 

I had elbow surgery probably 4 years ago because of too much practice on an artificial mat.  So when I decided to get a LP I setup a mat but I dug out about 4 inches down and filled it with a base layer of pea gravel then a mix of dirt and sand with a top layer of just sand.  It allows the mat to give and not be near as harsh on my elbow.   I have to smooth it out 1-2 times a year but it is totally worth it.

• Like 1

Purchased in November around the early launch. Finally got my sim set up completed a few months ago. Love the gc3 when it’s working and already helped my game.

unfortunately, many B4 errors, a few c8 errors, some solid red lights without error code and now solid purple today! 

Have submitted log files to foresight and waiting for them to respond ….

F2F40AFB-EA07-4D07-A030-A29FCB9845AA.jpeg

6 minutes ago, apex1 said:

Purchased in November around the early launch. Finally got my sim set up completed a few months ago. Love the gc3 when it’s working and already helped my game.

unfortunately, many B4 errors, a few c8 errors, some solid red lights without error code and now solid purple today! 

Have submitted log files to foresight and waiting for them to respond ….

F2F40AFB-EA07-4D07-A030-A29FCB9845AA.jpeg

What firmware?

My GC3 has become unusable even as a stand alone unit (touchscreen display unreadable ). I called foresight and they said Im unable to get a refund or exchange for a new unit. They will only repair.  I have to pay postage to send my unit in and just have to wait now 🤦🏻‍♂️  Any others with lemons and what was the resolution?

• Sad 1

Yes, mine broke during the good firmware update.  I had to send mine in at my cost (insured 3 day delivery at about $150). It got there in two days.  The email they sent me said it would be 20 to 25 work days for repair due to a backlog.  In reality, they fixed it and sent it back 13 days later. Entire timeframe including shipping both ways was about 3 weeks. I asked them what was wrong with it and they said that some internal components failed. 

I agree that for a $7k device they should have cross shipped a renewed device if I would have agreed to it. 

the good news is that it works well the first few days that’ll so far!  Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, xbox_golfer_x said:

Yes, mine broke during the good firmware update.  I had to send mine in at my cost (insured 3 day delivery at about $150). It got there in two days.  The email they sent me said it would be 20 to 25 work days for repair due to a backlog.  In reality, they fixed it and sent it back 13 days later. Entire timeframe including shipping both ways was about 3 weeks. I asked them what was wrong with it and they said that some internal components failed. 

I agree that for a $7k device they should have cross shipped a renewed device if I would have agreed to it. 

the good news is that it works well the first few days that’ll so far!  Fingers crossed!

Thanks for sharing and  affirming my frustration here. 

maybe I should be glad this happened during warranty period. Hopefully, the value of GC3 (compared to gC4) does not get eroded by repair costs  when out of the warranty period.

1 hour ago, apex1 said:

Thanks for sharing and  affirming my frustration here. 

maybe I should be glad this happened during warranty period. Hopefully, the value of GC3 (compared to gC4) does not get eroded by repair costs  when out of the warranty period.

Does it send data to the PC or iPad that’s correct?

On 7/29/2022 at 1:49 PM, apex1 said:

My GC3 has become unusable even as a stand alone unit (touchscreen display unreadable ). I called foresight and they said Im unable to get a refund or exchange for a new unit. They will only repair.  I have to pay postage to send my unit in and just have to wait now 🤦🏻‍♂️  Any others with lemons and what was the resolution?

That is ridiculous, to be honest. I'd be asking to speak with a supervisor and insisting they for shipping or contacting my credit card to see what can be done for a lemon device. $7k is way too much to be spending and having to deal with that crap. 

There's no question Foresight is the leader when it comes to launch monitor hardware. But they are seriously lacking in terms of software rollout and handling issues like this. While I've read their customer service team is very helpful, any sort of warranty repair shipping needs to be covered, especially considering the likely-discounted shipping rates they have. 

Edited by Topher925
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, tygunz said:

Well the support guy didn't sound really sure when he was explaining it to me so I can't say for certain. 

Can any unlocked BLP owners confirm about the $500 upgrade from FSX 2020 to FSX Play?

Bushnell support on the FB group said it is indeed a $500 fee to get play for locked owners. 

Edited by swoosh21
  • Like 2