Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

11 minutes ago, Instron4204 said:

When I purchased my GC3 from Foresight Canada back in February, they charged me $100 for shipping.  Not sure if the price of fuel increased by 100% since then!

Sadly seems like yes... 

Anything perks get from purchasing direct? 

Golftown has what looks like the same package for $10249.99 compared to FS direct at $11825 

1243760186_ScreenShot2022-07-20at4_31_31PM.png.5f25a52448c716f68beb1d2bb9b24403.png

1 hour ago, r.yan163 said:

Sadly seems like yes... 

Anything perks get from purchasing direct? 

Golftown has what looks like the same package for $10249.99 compared to FS direct at $11825 

1243760186_ScreenShot2022-07-20at4_31_31PM.png.5f25a52448c716f68beb1d2bb9b24403.png

At the time, Foresight Canada was the only available option for the GC3.  I would have to think they would price match with Golftown and Par2Pro.  All three companies have solid customer service and would recommend going with either.  Best of luck with the purchase.  The gc3 has been awesome for me and would highly recommend it.

Is GC3 worth the upcharge when compared to Bushnell Launch Pro if you can get the unlimited package on sale?  What is the sale

usually for that package? Thinking of giving up my Mevo+ for the Bushnell Launch Pro. Also read that you can play GSPro with just the Basic Subscription?

Edited by ilikegolf26

10 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Is GC3 worth the upcharge when compared to Bushnell Launch Pro if you can get the unlimited package on sale?  What is the sale

usually for that package? Thinking of giving up my Mevo+ for the Bushnell Launch Pro. Also read that you can play GSPro with just the Basic Subscription?

Fully unlocked BLP is still cheaper than a GC3 even if the unlock isn’t on sale. No shipping charge, no FSX play up charge and most places don’t tax the cost of the unlock. 

Can someone better with computers than me help me out here…?

So, I have a gaming laptop that has the required specs for FSX (powerful Nvidia GPU). However, FSX immediately crashes upon launch *unless* I completely disable my Intel graphics card.  

The problem is that when I disable the Intel graphics card, the HDMI connection is no longer recognized by my TV, and I also can’t use casting to send the image to the TV either (both of these things work when the intel graphics card is enabled). I’ve also set FSX to default to the Nvidia GPU. Still crashes unless I disable intel GPU. 

Anyone encountered this? Anyone know how to resolve?  

4 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Can someone better with computers than me help me out here…?

So, I have a gaming laptop that has the required specs for FSX (powerful Nvidia GPU). However, FSX immediately crashes upon launch *unless* I completely disable my Intel graphics card.  

The problem is that when I disable the Intel graphics card, the HDMI connection is no longer recognized by my TV, and I also can’t use casting to send the image to the TV either (both of these things work when the intel graphics card is enabled). I’ve also set FSX to default to the Nvidia GPU. Still crashes unless I disable intel GPU. 

Anyone encountered this? Anyone know how to resolve?  

I have not attempted to run it out of the HDMI port, but I will tell you how I finally got mine to launch on my laptop and perhaps if you have not already tried this setting it will help.  I went into the Nvidia control panel and I went to the manage 3D settings and then changed the "preferred graphics processor" drop down from auto select to high performance Nvidia processor.  After I rebooted I could get it to launch without disabling the intel graphics.

nvidia_setting.PNG.8d2da3b32edcd6d566b42e0298aa1065.PNG

Thank you both for the responses. I had gone in to the Nvidia portal and designated it as the GPU for FSX, to no avail. 

*But* I’ve now resolved. In case it helps anyone else:

I had to disable the intel GPU, launch FSX, go to graphics settings *within the launched app*, designate Nvidia, restart computer, re-enable intel, re-launch app, and now it all works.

In other words, for whatever reason, designating the Nvidia GPU from the Nvidia control panel didn’t cause FSX to default to Nvidia instead of Intel - I had to do it from within the launched app. No idea why, but hey it works now. 

Edited by Indygolf21
  • Like 2

So I am thinking about getting the BLP for home simulator use and range use. What is everyone's opinion on it? I have to be honest, I am a little turned off that I have to use little stickers on the face to get CHS and path parameters at this price point. Are the stickers re-usable, or do you have to buy hundreds of them each time between sim time and actually out playing?

1 hour ago, StrongFTW said:

So I am thinking about getting the BLP for home simulator use and range use. What is everyone's opinion on it? I have to be honest, I am a little turned off that I have to use little stickers on the face to get CHS and path parameters at this price point. Are the stickers re-usable, or do you have to buy hundreds of them each time between sim time and actually out playing?

One of the three premier launch monitors above 15k - GCQuad - also uses stickers so I wouldn't let that preclude your consideration.

The fiducials last a long time, provided you buy official ones or decent copies. There's the slight inconvenience of removing them for tournaments if the strict rules are being enforced but even that isn't so bad. Plus, it's only one sticker per club with BLP/GC3 and you really only need it for someone training as the sim golf functions just fine without club data.

Edited by Bubbtubbs
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I guess I am being a little prissy about it, they don't get in the way of cleaning the face after a round? they just stick on there that good? Also, I don't really want to buy the Bushnell sim setup, I want to DIY, any suggestions out there? My garage has 8FT ceilings, so I know I probably won't be swinging a driver, but all other clubs seem fine when I swing in there. 

59 minutes ago, StrongFTW said:

Yeah, I guess I am being a little prissy about it, they don't get in the way of cleaning the face after a round? they just stick on there that good? Also, I don't really want to buy the Bushnell sim setup, I want to DIY, any suggestions out there? My garage has 8FT ceilings, so I know I probably won't be swinging a driver, but all other clubs seem fine when I swing in there. 

I have a Mevo+ and GC2 (no HMT yet) but a friend has GCHawk and I've never had much issue cleaning the clubs I've stickered at his place after a green grass round. 

They can get roughed up by particularly sandy soil or bunkers and may need replacing, though.

1 hour ago, StrongFTW said:

Mine have stayed on through club cleaning brushes, towels, sand, mud, club wash buckets, etc, etc.  Have only ever applied one sticker per club.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, check4spin said:

I’m hearing that Bushnell might offer a yearly subscription for all data (including club data) for $200. Does not include SIM software capability but for many people who use it for range/outside only this seems like a great deal. 

Anyone hearing something similar? 

No but realistically, this is where they need to get people like me to bite the bullet and get one.  I'll continue to wait for a modestly priced, somewhat accurate simulator for my garage and range.  Not going to pay $5K+ on something I'll use once a week.

4 hours ago, StrongFTW said:

If you are seriously considering this unit and a sim, taking the time to ready this thread will be invaluable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StrongFTW said:

Well that is great to know, thank you. 

The caveat is that if you play in any tournaments you'll probably have to remove the stickers for the event.  The good news is that you can buy 3rd party stickers for about 1/100th the price that FS charges so even if you want to take them on and off it's not a big deal at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, check4spin said:

I’m hearing that Bushnell might offer a yearly subscription for all data (including club data) for $200. Does not include SIM software capability but for many people who use it for range/outside only this seems like a great deal. 

Anyone hearing something similar? 

I’m more interested in the ball/club data than simulator, so this would be an interesting option.  Did you read these rumors on a forum site, or some “insider” information?

• Like 1

I bought piping at Lowes for less than $10 a meta tube. I got the frame joints on Amazon for $65. I got a screen from Carl’s place for less than $500 (the cheap ones on eBay and Amazon don’t hold up to the RPMs on wedge shots and will wear through within 6 months). Flooring and hitting mats can vary on prices. I ordered a country club elite 9”x5’ strip and was sent a 9’x5’ full sized mat instead. Saved a ton when they didn’t want to pay the return shipping and let me keep it. 

I also bought a cheap projector that works just fine. I wasn’t looking for 4k graphics and for $50 the price was right. So all in my sim was less than $750. The screen can be cheaper through carl’s as well as I went for the high end professional use one. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StrongFTW said:

After struggling with accuracy i doors and various errors with my GC3, everything has been worked out. The latest firmware is money. I would consider it a must do if you are on an older version.

I would do it over again with no concerns, but assume that you will need to spend some time within your environment getting everything set up correctly. My main issue turned out to be a combination of lighting and hitting mat. It had nothing to do with the GC3, but there is a learning curve.

On 7/26/2022 at 6:24 AM, SollyinGA said:

After struggling with accuracy i doors and various errors with my GC3, everything has been worked out. The latest firmware is money. I would consider it a must do if you are on an older version.

I would do it over again with no concerns, but assume that you will need to spend some time within your environment getting everything set up correctly. My main issue turned out to be a combination of lighting and hitting mat. It had nothing to do with the GC3, but there is a learning curve.

What type of lighting caused the issue and what are you using now?  Also, what was the hitting mat issue?  Having more context helps us all.

• Like 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

5 hours ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

What type of lighting caused the issue and what are you using now?  Also, what was the hitting mat issue?  Having more context helps us all.

For sure. My lighting issue was caused by leds, I believe. I use my phone slow motion feature a lot for analysis of my swing. I noticed that the lights would go on and off during the slow motion videos. I simply stopped using them and used a halogen spot light in its place.

For the first month, I thought I had a dud unit, but after testing the GC3 outside on the range, it confirmed accurate.

Even with the lighting change, there were certain shots that would come up shorter than I would have anticipated. I was using a Country Club Elite during that time. That mat is very dense and really slows the club down if you catch it the least bit fat.

The CC elite was also painful in my wrist and elbows as I like to practice a lot. I can hit up to 300 balls a day in a busy day. Most of the pain comes on the shorter clubs where one becomes a little steeper. The pain had actually caused me to become a flipper over time to avoid hitting the mat. I was trying to sweep the ball as much as possible. It’s taken a good month to get rid of the flip and I still revert back to it at times.

I ended up buying a Fiberbuilt mat. There is absolutely no joint pain. I’ve read reviews and it does give a bit of a flyer lie so you may see a little less spin on some shots, but I can still spin my wedges in the 10k range effortlessly. The flyers are very few and far between. If I didn’t know that this was I trait of the Fiberbuilt, I would have never noticed it. The mat is pricy at just over a grand, but the performance is worth it to as it allows me to practice much longer each day.

After those two changes as well as the latest firmware update, I’ve been very satisfied. 

Edited by SollyinGA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SollyinGA said:

Even with the lighting change, there were certain shots that would come up shorter than I would have anticipated. I was using a Country Club Elite during that time. That mat is very dense and really slows the club down if you catch it the least bit fat.

The CC elite was also painful in my wrist and elbows as I like to practice a lot. I can hit up to 300 balls a day in a busy day. Most of the pain comes on the shorter clubs where one becomes a little steeper. The pain had actually caused me to become a flipper over time to avoid hitting the mat. I was trying to sweep the ball as much as possible. It’s taken a good month to get rid of the flip and I still revert back to it at times.

I ended up buying a Fiberbuilt mat. There is absolutely no joint pain. I’ve read reviews and it does give a bit of a flyer lie so you may see a little less spin on some shots, but I can still spin my wedges in the 10k range effortlessly. The flyers are very few and far between. If I didn’t know that this was I trait of the Fiberbuilt, I would have never noticed it. The mat is pricy at just over a grand, but the performance is worth it to as it allows me to practice much longer each day.

Yeah, unless you are very much a picker those CCE mats are brutal. We have them in our warmup area at my home course and even on well struck shots they do some damage to your wrist and elbows if you regular take any kind of divot. Fiberbuilt, Truestrike, Softstrike, HG are all worth the additional expense, especially with an indoor setup.

• Like 1