QSeries 2021

HMHS

16 minutes ago, fredogolfer said:

@KBong since Kelly Tan made the second week of Q-series, why don't call the Malaysian ministry of sport to see if the can at least send an intern to take care of Kelly?

LOL

Tan is such an Entitled Princess...is she part Merican?🤣

So hilarious how she was slamming the Malaysians for the lack of support to her and others surrounding the Olympics.

8 hours ago, Supermilo said:

@JungleJimbo  

On those videos, esp the 2020 vs 2021 -- did you really notice MUCH difference?  i mean sure the ball flight seemed "straighter" and seems like it wouldve led to less "dispersion" and of course the backswing is more "open" -- but for someone who isn't a pro/high level amateur, i don't see much difference LOL.  of course it's different at the professional level where every single quarter stroke (eg .25 of a stroke) matters at the end of the day...

As well, i was actually surprised at hole #8 - did you see that ball zigzag it's way to the hole? LOL.  Also surprised at the bogey on #1 actually. 

Finally, if you want REAL TIME LIVE update of these highlights, wowow twitter does provide it (esp since you have Japan VPN).  The youtube is of course a compilation of the highlights that come up in twitter in real time...  here's an example posted yesterday (23 hrs ago -- eg round 3 on Dec 4 post) https://twitter.com/wowowgolf/status/1467175909044387841

@Supermilo Shibuno’s 2021 backswing does appear to be a smidge flatter?

And her “Keep the Hands Low” reminds me of Keegan Bradley (any other famous proponents of “Low Hands”?)

7972DF7F-5A8D-4A6E-922E-1D159E7E0EB4.png

F3EA5EDC-6141-4FBE-9D7A-AEE7D7DB8EEF.png

79D5318C-56A2-432B-8901-F39A946F18C7.png

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gsea said:

Girl is rock solid, like I said previously. Skipped college to play professionally. Going to school online, I forget where, maybe McGill. Speaks 5 languages learning a 6th. Stellar amateur. She will be getting her card, take it to the bank$$$ I expect Savannah to step up next week also.

Queen's.

As per her website...she says she gives private lessons.

I assume she's not affiliated with a club???...nor a Cdn Class A CPGA....many facilities won't allow any 'outsiders' or non Class A CPGA's to teach at their facilities.

https://www.selenacostabile.com/

21 minutes ago, Gsea said:

met her working the symetra tour.

I'd like to attend a Symetra event....also a good event to vol as a loop too.

But, as I said...basically minimal tour events (male & female) here in the PNW.

Symetra is based in Seattle (Bellevue)....I would love for them to sponsor a Seattle LPGA event.

I used to attend the Safeco Classic in Seattle from 92-98...until it ended in 99.

It would be interesting to speculate who'll have the most successful 2022 campaign (using Official Money, not CME ranking) if she's qualified?

Atthaya Thitikul, Pauline Roussin-Bouchard, Hinako Shibuno, Ayaka Furue or Hye Jin Choi would be the obvious choices. 

One of the picks has to be the 21 years old Australian, Stephanie Kyriacou.  

Edited by 18majors

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo Shibuno’s 2021 backswing does appear to be a smidge flatter?

And her “Keep the Hands Low” reminds me of Keegan Bradley (any other famous proponents of “Low Hands”?)

7972DF7F-5A8D-4A6E-922E-1D159E7E0EB4.png

F3EA5EDC-6141-4FBE-9D7A-AEE7D7DB8EEF.png

79D5318C-56A2-432B-8901-F39A946F18C7.png

I'll let the better golfers here analyze the swing.  Keegan Bradley is tall right? So for him easier to keep hands "low"? Hinako is short, soon her hands will be on the ground? Lol. J/K

All I know is the result - she's consistently further now and less dispersion - just through stats from watching JLPGA and based on Shibuno quoting herself in golf publications... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

It would be interesting to speculate who'll have the most successful 2022 campaign (using Official Money, not CME ranking) if she's qualified?

Atthaya Thitikul, Pauline Roussin-Bouchard, Hinako Shibuno, Ayaka Furue or Hye Jin Choi would be the obvious choices. 

One of the picks has to be the 21 years old Australian, Stephanie Kyriacou.  

You know who I'll be choosing amongst those you've mentioned, heck you can prolly guess the order in which I'll rank the 3 of them...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

I'll let the better golfers here analyze the swing.  Keegan Bradley is tall right? So for him easier to keep hands "low"? Hinako is short, soon her hands will be on the ground? Lol. J/K

All I know is the result - she's consistently further now and less dispersion - just through stats from watching JLPGA and based on Shibuno quoting herself in golf publications... 

@Supermilo I will confess... you could transpose “2020” and “2021” 

ie “2021”= “Before”

and “2020” = “After”...

... and I wouldn’t disagree that the more-upright swing = Looks better & allows a fuller transfer of power into the ball! 🤔

“TL;DR”: I too will leave the swing-analysis to folks who are better golfers than me! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo I will confess... you could transpose “2020” and “2021” 

ie “2021”= “Before”

and “2020” = “After”...

... and I wouldn’t disagree that the more-upright swing = Looks better & allows a fuller transfer of power into the ball! 🤔

“TL;DR”: I too will leave the swing-analysis to folks who are better golfers than me! 🙄

Me too. Looks she has accentuated her idiosyncrasies, not removed them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 18majors said:

@Rapidcat

The 21 years old Australian Stephanie Kyriacou just shot low round of the week, -9, at Crossings Course!

I'm very pleased for her, she's going to be a good watch on the LPGA Tour.

• Like 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

4 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

I'm very pleased for her, she's going to be a good watch on the LPGA Tour.

@Rapidcat: Is Kyriacou "a good egg"? Seems very appreciative of folks who've given her chances eg the LET?. https://www.lpga.com/news/2021/stephanie-kyriacou-thanks-let-experience-for-q-series-success

____
https://www.lpga.com/news/2021/pauline-roussin-bouchard-maintains-q-series-lead-through-first-week

05 Dec 2021

Written By: LPGA Communications @LPGA

Four rounds down at 2021 LPGA Q-Series, four rounds to go.

South Carolina alumna Pauline Roussin-Bouchard wrapped a strong showing at Magnolia Grove in Mobile, Ala., finishing her week with a 7-under 65 on the Crossings Course. She remains atop the leaderboard at -19, with Hye-Jin Choi of the Republic of Korea in second at -17. Roussin-Bouchard, who earned medalist honors at Stage II in October, and Choi both returned four rounds in the 60s and head to the second week of Q-Series in prime positions to earn LPGA Tour status for 2022.

“We had a couple wedges into the green and I ended up being very close to the pin with wedges, and even with longer irons,” said Roussin-Bouchard, who won the LET’s 2021 Didriksons Skaftö Open in just her second professional start. “(The course) fitted my game obviously, but my game was very good as a whole, so it helped obviously.”

“I generally liked my overall play this week. There were some mistakes, but it was good overall,” added Choi, who was runner-up at the 2017 U.S. Women’s Open as a 17-year-old amateur.

Australian Stephanie Kyriacou shot the round of the week on Sunday, carding seven birdies and an eagle on Crossings No. 16 for a 9-under 63. “I think everything just clicked,” said Kyriacou, who turned professional after winning the LET’s 2020 Australian Ladies Classic Bonville as a 19-year-old amateur. “Over the last couple days some things were working and some things weren't, and then today they just both were in sync.”

Kyriacou jumped into a tie for fourth, alongside her close friend Atthaya Thititul. Like Kyriacou, Thitikul was victorious on the LET as an amateur, winning her home country’s Ladies European Thailand Championship in 2017 and 2019. The 18-year-old Thai phenom shot a 3-under 69 on Sunday, saying that she was playing it a little safe this week to ensure making it through the first cut.

“Every day here I play really good. Like all four rounds it's really good rounds for me,” said Thitikul, the LET’s 2021 Player and Rookie of the Year. “But it's just like not good with putting a little bit because like the green is pretty tricky here as well. And same like today. I put myself really safe, really safe position for putting.”

Japanese stars Ayaka Furue (-11) and Hinako Shibuno (-6) easily advanced to the second week, with Shibuno bouncing back from two difficult opening rounds that put her below the cut line through 36 holes.

A total of 74 players made the cut at +1 and advanced to the second week of LPGA Q-Series, being held at Highland Oaks Golf Club in Dothan, Ala. LPGA Q-Series is composed of two 72-hole stroke-play events held on consecutive weeks, with scores cumulative over the two weeks. The 2020 competition was not held due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with Jeongeun Lee6 (2018) and Muni He (2019) taking medalist honors at the first two playings.

Comments

Copyright © LPGA 2021. All Rights Reserved.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Rapidcat: Is Kyriacou "a good egg"? Seems very appreciative of folks who've given her chances eg the LET?. https://www.lpga.com/news/2021/stephanie-kyriacou-thanks-let-experience-for-q-series-success

____
https://www.lpga.com/news/2021/pauline-roussin-bouchard-maintains-q-series-lead-through-first-week

05 Dec 2021

Written By: LPGA Communications @LPGA

Four rounds down at 2021 LPGA Q-Series, four rounds to go.

South Carolina alumna Pauline Roussin-Bouchard wrapped a strong showing at Magnolia Grove in Mobile, Ala., finishing her week with a 7-under 65 on the Crossings Course. She remains atop the leaderboard at -19, with Hye-Jin Choi of the Republic of Korea in second at -17. Roussin-Bouchard, who earned medalist honors at Stage II in October, and Choi both returned four rounds in the 60s and head to the second week of Q-Series in prime positions to earn LPGA Tour status for 2022.

“We had a couple wedges into the green and I ended up being very close to the pin with wedges, and even with longer irons,” said Roussin-Bouchard, who won the LET’s 2021 Didriksons Skaftö Open in just her second professional start. “(The course) fitted my game obviously, but my game was very good as a whole, so it helped obviously.”

“I generally liked my overall play this week. There were some mistakes, but it was good overall,” added Choi, who was runner-up at the 2017 U.S. Women’s Open as a 17-year-old amateur.

Australian Stephanie Kyriacou shot the round of the week on Sunday, carding seven birdies and an eagle on Crossings No. 16 for a 9-under 63. “I think everything just clicked,” said Kyriacou, who turned professional after winning the LET’s 2020 Australian Ladies Classic Bonville as a 19-year-old amateur. “Over the last couple days some things were working and some things weren't, and then today they just both were in sync.”

Kyriacou jumped into a tie for fourth, alongside her close friend Atthaya Thititul. Like Kyriacou, Thitikul was victorious on the LET as an amateur, winning her home country’s Ladies European Thailand Championship in 2017 and 2019. The 18-year-old Thai phenom shot a 3-under 69 on Sunday, saying that she was playing it a little safe this week to ensure making it through the first cut.

“Every day here I play really good. Like all four rounds it's really good rounds for me,” said Thitikul, the LET’s 2021 Player and Rookie of the Year. “But it's just like not good with putting a little bit because like the green is pretty tricky here as well. And same like today. I put myself really safe, really safe position for putting.”

Japanese stars Ayaka Furue (-11) and Hinako Shibuno (-6) easily advanced to the second week, with Shibuno bouncing back from two difficult opening rounds that put her below the cut line through 36 holes.

A total of 74 players made the cut at +1 and advanced to the second week of LPGA Q-Series, being held at Highland Oaks Golf Club in Dothan, Ala. LPGA Q-Series is composed of two 72-hole stroke-play events held on consecutive weeks, with scores cumulative over the two weeks. The 2020 competition was not held due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with Jeongeun Lee6 (2018) and Muni He (2019) taking medalist honors at the first two playings.

Comments

Copyright © LPGA 2021. All Rights Reserved.

Yes, Steph is a good egg - quality reputation in Oz, has a name for treating people well, lots of friends in golf it seems, good head on her shoulders. She went out of her way to befriend Thitikul and looks like they have become firm friends, nice to see. So many ticks.

She'll be fun to watch next season, can go real low when her putter hots up as she has demonstrated.

• Like 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

Week 2 will be played at:

Highland Oaks Golf Club (9-holes - Highlands and 9-holes - Marshwood); Dothan, AL

It's Par 72 and the White Line yardage is 6,667/6,356 yards.

The scores will probably be similar to Week 1.  Highland Oaks is ranked #28 among the courses in Alabama; while the Crossings is ranked #18.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 18majors said:

@Supermilo

Bianca should take a trip to Japan before 2022 season and carries a badge as 'Friend of Shibuno'; she'll be treated like a royalty.

I will volunteer as tour guide, and ask for Yuka to come along just to make sure... 🤣

PS allow me to have a little fun today before I come crashing back down to earth on Thursday again with a +4 round 1 and turn back into Hyde... or is it Jekyll 🤣

Edited by HMHS
added PS - need to start anti jinx - Ultra/Extra Strong variety, slow release, extended version
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gsea said:

So is accuracy the requirement this week? If so Im doubling down on Selena

On paper....Highlands/Marshwood...they have only 6 holes where water would come into play for the gals.

The Orange tees....approx 6500 yds....slope is 143....so to me...143 indicates it could be quite troublesome.

But if one is a really consistent good ball striker...then troublesome could be non-existent cause you're not spraying it into trouble.

IMO...one really has to play a course in order to see if it's slope rating matches the course difficulty.

The course I play...has water on 16 of 18 holes...but IMO....the course is slope and rated much lower than it should be.

Ya really need to play a course to...IMO...make an opinion...a scorecard doesn't tell the story nor the playing conditions.

Look at Morikawa at the Hero...64 on Sat...-18...only to lose his 5 stroke lead 54 hole lead to shot 76 on Sun.....12 shots more than the day before...WTH???...and he's only of the PGA tour's best iron player.

FWIW

Many of the RTJ courses have a par 3 course...when I played...the par 3 course was complimentary....play from the tips and it's tough but great fun.

Edited by KBong
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 1:47 AM, Supermilo said:

Good sign, both Bianca and Hinako extremely relaxed prior to tee off...

@Supermilo if you could ‘save’ only one of Bianca 🇵🇭  ... or Hinako Shibuno 🇯🇵 (to get their LPGA Card for next season)... 

👆who would you save? 🤔
(...or is the answer = “neither” ... ie you’d save Kelly Tan 🇲🇾 instead? 😀)

https://www.lpga.com/videos/2021/championship-mindset-presented-by-axa-with-kelly-tan

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Did I read right? Par 5 6th hole 701yds from the tips?

Yup....but it would only be played at 701 yards for the WRX Invitational...you know..... for all the WRX POSERS who hit their drivers 340+ and 7 irons 210+.🤣

It won't be played at 701 this week....heck there would be gals who would not make a GIR with driver, 3W, 3W.

One thing for CERTAIN...I'd be playing it as a par 6.🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo if you could ‘save’ only one of Bianca 🇵🇭  ... or Hinako Shibuno 🇯🇵 (to get their LPGA Card for next season)... 

👆who would you save? 🤔
(...or is the answer = “neither” ... ie you’d save Kelly Tan 🇲🇾 instead? 😀)

https://www.lpga.com/videos/2021/championship-mindset-presented-by-axa-with-kelly-tan

No doubt Bianca... Hinako I can still watch on the JLPGA at the worst PLUS all the majors and sponsor invites...

I like Kelly Tan too, though as you guys know, I'm a samurai more than a datu! More a prefecture than a kampung! OK I'll take malaysia boleh over Nippon!! Lol 

• Haha 2

• HMHS locked this topic