2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

QSeries 2021

HMHS

36 minutes ago, 18majors said:

@Supermilo

Bianca is as good with an iron as Collin Morikawa; she holed out for an eagle at par 4 #5.

shhhhhh... 💪

meanwhile furue answers back with 2 birdies and tells hinako, take that!  -16 vs -14 now for the two.... hey, I’m still in fighting form in my picks for yours though you’re still obviously winning as there's only one winner here...

• Like 1

Two more rounds to go:

1.    Probably out:  Seven players at +4 or worse; Jing Yan, Klara Spilkova, Pavarisa Yoktuan, ........
  2.    Low probability:  Three players who're over par; Anita Uwadia, Kum Kang Park, Min-G Kim

The other 64 players at par or better, all have a fighting chance.

Edited by 18majors

Gotta say that Pauline Roussin-Bouchard has been impressive . . . first capturing the top spot in Stage 2 and now here she is top spot after 6 - rounds.   She's practically a lock for the LPGA qualification as there is a 25 shot cushion between her and 46th spot.  Showed some mental/emotional strength today, rebounding from a double bogey on 10 with a birdie on 11.  

I don't see much of her game stats, but based on the scores, she seems to have more than enough game to challenge for some top-10s and perhaps a win.  It will all depend on how well she makes the adjustment to life as a professional and the biggest galleries of her life.

I am genuinely excited by this field of LPGA qualifiers so far . . . barring total collapses and then some, it looks like we will be seeing Ayaka Furue and Hinako Shibuno on tour along with Na Rin An as well.   And not to forget Atthaya Thitikul!    

Ayaka Furue played fairly well in a couple of majors this year . . . T20 at the AIG and a solo 4th at Evian.   

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Supermilo said:

shhhhhh... 💪

meanwhile furue answers back with 2 birdies and tells hinako, take that!  -16 vs -14 now for the two.... hey, I’m still in fighting form in my picks for yours though you’re still obviously winning as there's only one winner here...

WTH???

Nice JINX ...Shibuno just went 4 over in 3 holes.

Don't talk about her until the end of the event.

Thanks

• Haha 3

On 11/29/2021 at 3:32 PM, 18majors said:

@Supermilo

My picks for the contest are:

Mi Hyang Lee

Hye Jin Choi

Na Rin An

With more than 1+ round to go, I am waving the white flag and conceeding... The Korean Na Rin An is too hard to catch... 

I'll take whatever consolation prize I can get with Bianca, Hinako, Jeen and Ayaka.  Hopefully they all get their cards *antijinx*

15 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

With more than 1+ round to go, I am waving the white flag and conceeding... The Korean Na Rin An is too hard to catch... 

I'll take whatever consolation prize I can get with Bianca, Hinako, Jeen and Ayaka.  Hopefully they all get their cards *antijinx*

It ain't over until the fat lady sings!

1 hour ago, KBong said:

Same goes for you.

See above.

Haahahahaha 😂

"I am genuinely excited by this field of LPGA qualifiers so far . . . barring total collapses and then some, it looks like we will be seeing Ayaka Furue and Hinako Shibuno on tour along with Na Rin An as well.   And not to forget Atthaya Thitikul! "     

Hinako is a solid enough player.  She has to drop 5-shots by end of day tomorrow and a couple of others need to go -6 under to relegate her out of the Top-45.    Is anyone capable of having a bad round?  Of course.   But, I tell you what -- If Hinako was to not qualify top-45 by tomorrow's end, then she would probably agree that she wasn't ready for the LPGA. 

I would be very surprised, if not shocked, if Hinako doesn't qualify.  😃

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Golf Dino said:

Haahahahaha 😂

"I am genuinely excited by this field of LPGA qualifiers so far . . . barring total collapses and then some, it looks like we will be seeing Ayaka Furue and Hinako Shibuno on tour along with Na Rin An as well.   And not to forget Atthaya Thitikul! "     

Hinako is a solid enough player.  She has to drop 5-shots by end of day tomorrow and a couple of others need to go -6 under to relegate her out of the Top-45.    Is anyone capable of having a bad round?  Of course.   But, I tell you what -- If Hinako was to not qualify top-45 by tomorrow's end, then she would probably agree that she wasn't ready for the LPGA. 

the "problem" with hinako, is, if her priority is not high enough in the end to merit "predictable" play in the LPGA due to whatever reason (not enough full field events, she's low on priority, etc), then she might decide not to go "full time" on the LPGA as well and split her time in JLPGA/LPGA -- which means less coverage from North American time zone perspective... good for @JungleJimbo i guess LOL.   

At this point, it's time for everyone to be "greedy"....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

the "problem" with hinako, is, if her priority is not high enough in the end to merit "predictable" play in the LPGA due to whatever reason (not enough full field events, she's low on priority, etc), then she might decide not to go "full time" on the LPGA

The difference between Hinako and other qualifiers is that she's guaranteed to play all five majors and possibly up to another six as invited players.  

The 2022 priority only covers the first eleven events; the Match Play Tournament in Las Vegas will use the revised priorities after the first reshuffle.  Hinako should reach 'Current Year Top-80' priority after reshuffle.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, 18majors said:

@Supermilo

Bianca is as good with an iron as Collin Morikawa; she holed out for an eagle at par 4 #5.

Please tell me you aren’t serious. A multiple time PGA winner and 2 time major champion compared to someone who is playing in Q-school? She may be great but that’s a horrible comparison 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

The difference between Hinako and other qualifiers is that she's guaranteed to play all five majors and possibly up to another six as invited players.  

The 2022 priority only covers the first eleven events; the Match Play Tournament in Las Vegas will use the revised priorities after the first reshuffle.  Hinako should reach 'Current Year Top-80' priority after reshuffle.

ah that's right!  then my dream pairing(s) are still much alive for 2022 for now... fingers crossed... 

Nice! Savannah Vilaubi with a 5 under 67 today tying her for the low round with Bouchard and Yin. Now at 6 under and T34. Agathe Laisne with a 3 under round and also at 6 under. And Kaitlyn Papp is 8 under and T27. 

5 girls at tied for 44th at 4 under and there are 25 players between -2 and -6. Going to be a nerve-racking final round for more than few girls. Wow, just noticed that Hinako Shibuno shot 79 today and is now T29 at -7. That was the high round of the day. Didn't see that coming. 

Edited by North Texas

12 minutes ago, North Texas said:

Nice! Savannah Vilaubi with a 5 under 67 today tying her for the low round with Bouchard and Yin. Now at 6 under and T34. Agathe Laisne with a 3 under round and also at 6 under. And Kaitlyn Papp is 8 under and T27. 

5 girls at tied for 44th at 4 under and there are 25 players between -2 and -6. Going to be a nerve-racking final round for more than few girls. Wow, just noticed that Hinako Shibuno shot 79 today and is now T29 at -7. That was the high round of the day. Didn't see that coming. 

yea Savanna and Olivia stepped up just need solid play from them tomorrow. Selena needs a 68 tomorrow and life will be good

2 hours ago, mallrat said:

Please tell me you aren’t serious. A multiple time PGA winner and 2 time major champion compared to someone who is playing in Q-school? She may be great but that’s a horrible comparison 

Even I didn't take that seriously...that was a lucky pitch-in for her on that hole but I'll take it, of course...  Don't think anyone is really taking everything seriously here (eg except for those real $ bets).  

Anyway, it's fun to rib @KBong from time to time even if we're rooting for some of the same individuals (eg Hinako) and some obviously differing ones (most prolly know who they are) -- expecting "the POSER" statements fm @KBong in 5-4-3-2-1? 😜

Edited by HMHS
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Yes....anyone can and will GAG every now and again....but I don't know how solid she is if she shot 79 today.....highest score today....two 77's for players near DFL and a 76 from Van Dam.

I'm not giving Shibuno as much leeway on Sunday as you are.

Obviously, many permutations and combinations of what will occur tomorrow.

Let's assume the cut for top 45 ends tomorrow at -4....that's only 3 shots for Shibuno...and likely a playoff for those at -4.

Of those at the bottom 1/3....Shibuno has the most pressure on her of what's expected from her.

I think she might play very tight and cautious tomorrow.

If Shibuno shot 70 today...she could have been on cruise control tomorrow.

I'm predicting a score from 70-75/75 for her....especially if pins are tucked.

I think 10-11 pins were tucked today...I hope they tuck the same number pins for Sunday....there will be more players having fits.

If Shibuno does GAG and does not make top 45....and don't think it's a matter that she wasn't ready vs. ...IMO....I think it's a matter she's not good enough.

Let's HOPE I'M WRONG....I like Shibuno...and I hope she shoots 67/66 and improves her priority.

Talk about tucked pins....I went out and played Fraserview today.

1/2 the pins were tucked near the edge of the greens.

OMG....I have never putted on greens like today in the winter....not even on the privates too in the winter.

I think the greens were rolling at 11 stimp....considering the other few courses I've played this winter are maybe stimping at 7....tops.

Any slightly downhill putt was a passive lag as it was easy for the ball to roll 3+ ft past the hole.

I had 2 putts...with 4 ft & 8 ft of break...WTH.

This all with the 2" of rain we had yesterday....the greens are very sand based underneath to take out the moisture.

Langara's greens last Saturday were slow and bumpy...you could see the soft spike marks in the greens.

Hopefully I'll play McCleery in the next 2 weeks to check out the conditions.

I haven't played the Van City muni's in over a year.

The rest of Fraserview was mucky with some really sketchy areas to chip and hit your shots....oh well I should shut my mouth considering the rest of Canada (outside SW BC)..... the courses are closed.

Edited by KBong

7 hours ago, Gsea said:

PRB is driving the bus, taking them all to school. 

Ace & eagle today.

Seems like PRB is able to correct the ship when she gags with a bogey(s) to recover with some birdies.

The only player with 7 rds in the 60's.

Only 12 bogeys over 7 rds.

No this doesn't mean she's the next star...IMO...I need to see 18 months of nice consistent performance on the LPGA to determine if a player can be an elite player.

I have never paid any attention to PRB...I did a Google.....I didn't know PRB was WAGR #1 for 34 weeks starting at the beginning of 2020...I assume The Zhangster took over #1 afterwards or shortly afterwards?.

OK...just looked on the LET site....I know it's a small sample size of only 5 events...is PRB really that long and ball striking that great with  84% GIR.

I saw a few driver swings on Twitter and in my eyes....I didn't see a SS to generate a 297 driving avg.

Anyone here seen her play?

https://ladieseuropeantour.com/player-profiles/?player=910949

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

There's no playoff, top 45 and ties survive... 

Shibuno has an advantage - as rightly pointed out earlier - she can play ALL majors guaranteed to earn LPGA points for the reshuffle - which no other qschooler has (no one has that guarantee, eg Furue still needs to maintain at least some world ranking, for example). All Hinako needs is to make T45. 

I think she gets her groove back and shoots bk up into top 20 actually... I don't think she'll succumb to pressure.  Heck I think she'll be advantaged bec of her experience. Now, if she doesn't realize her advantage (all majors she can play to use for the reshuffle, then they need to let her know! I can't call/msg her - she's asleep - but I can try lol)

But isn't there only 1 major before the 1st reshuffle?

What if Shibuno doesn't play well in all her LPGA events prior to the 1st reshuffle....I assume her priority won't improve?

Unless she lights it up early in the sked and paired with Nelly, Lexi, ECP and Lydia.....I can't see Shibuno attracting many followers/fans at the early LPGA events in the US on Thurs/Fri...maybe the Lotte is the exception???

Heck...I don't think JYK is very popular in the US.

• HMHS locked this topic