QSeries 2021

HMHS

23 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

round 1 post round interview with hinako -- talking about getting pissed about misreads (but not showing her frustration - she's smiling cinderella right? LOL) in putting... 

@Supermilo Are there also GolfDigest(JP) reporters on-site, to cover Shibuno/Furue, ie in addition to WoWoW?

https://news.golfdigest.co.jp/news/lpga/article/142867/1/?car=article_relatedlink

2021/12/03 08:37

「はるかかなたに飛んでいった」渋野日向子は想定外の一打から一変/米女子Qシリーズ初日

_____

https://news.golfdigest.co.jp/lpga/7514/article/142865/2/

2021/12/03 07:13

古江彩佳14位発進 渋野日向子は出遅れ81位

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Supermilo Are there also GolfDigest(JP) reporters on-site, to cover Shibuno/Furue, ie in addition to WoWoW?

https://news.golfdigest.co.jp/news/lpga/article/142867/1/?car=article_relatedlink

2021/12/03 08:37

「はるかかなたに飛んでいった」渋野日向子は想定外の一打から一変/米女子Qシリーズ初日

_____

https://news.golfdigest.co.jp/lpga/7514/article/142865/2/

2021/12/03 07:13

古江彩佳14位発進 渋野日向子は出遅れ81位

i think so  (if i were to guess, golf digest japan is there covering them)

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 1

The eight round grind gives advantage to LPGA/JLPGA/KLPGA players; since they're the fittest because financially they're better off.

LET players, Symetra Tour players, college students and other players may lack the professionally supervised training regimen of their counterparts from LPGA, JLPGA and KLPGA; they're more likely to worn out in the next several days.

31 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Even if it's only round 2, pretty much "game over" for me LOL.... Koreans > Japs...  Only Furue stands a chance, 1 vs 3 -- unless she's Michael Jordan, ballgame's over LOL...

I knew Hye Jin and Na Rin would be tough by the second week, but they rose to the top earlier than I thought.

Steady Eddie Furue has shown her colors, she'll probably end up somewhere in the Top-10, but won't challenge Top-3.  Shibuno is still the wild card; I'm still waiting for her to go -6 three straight rounds and take over the lead.

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 18majors said:

I knew Hye Jin and Na Rin would be tough by the second week, but they rose to the top earlier than I thought.

Steady Eddie Furue has shown her colors, she'll probably end up somewhere in the Top-10, but won't challenge Top-3.  Shibuno is still the wild card; I'm still waiting for her to go -6 three straight rounds and take over the lead.

yup, she's a gambler's dream (or nightmare! LOL)

• Like 1

I do believe its going to be a good weekend 🙂 $$$$

Selena Costabile

ROUND 2 - CROSSINGS COURSE, RTJ MAGNOLIA GROVE

Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT
Par 4 3 4 5 4 5 4 3 4 36 4 4 4 5 3 4 5 3 4 36 72
Rnd 2 4 3 4 5 4 5 4 3 3 35 3 4 4 5 3 5 4 3 3 34 69
Status -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -5 -5 -6 -6 -6 -6 -6 -5 -6 -6 -7 -7 -7
http://scoring.symetratour.com/public/Images/QSchool/scorecardlegend.jpg

ROUND 1 - FALLS COURSE, RTJ MAGNOLIA GROVE

Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT
Par 4 3 4 4 5 3 4 4 4 35 5 3 4 3 4 4 4 4 5 36 71
Rnd 1 4 3 4 4 5 2 4 4 5 35 4 2 3 2 4 4 4 4 5 32 67
Status E E E E E -1 -1 -1 E E -1 -2 -3 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4 -4

17 hours ago, KBong said:

If Bianca needs a loop to guide her with course management....... and considering she's experienced Q-Series in 2019...then IMO she doesn't belong on the LPGA and s/b Cactus tour bound.

Considering her golf experience...she should know her strengths and weaknesses to guide her through a course....when to attack and when to play conservative....and how to play away from trouble.

Agree to disagree.  I have spoken with enough players to know that caddie/player relationship is important, perhaps more so on the LPGA than the PGA, but that's not the point.   Point is players lose their focus on what is important and what is not.  No player is immune from their emotions.  It's learning how to play with them and reset their minds to what is really important.

Yuka Saso has referenced it regarding Sunday at Olympic Club when she got off to the terrible start.  She credited her caddie Lionel for helping her reset her mental focus and stay "in the moment".   Nelly has said the same thing.  Jin Young has also said it before.  There is a reason why Patty Tavatanakit had her coach Grant Waite on the bag on Saturday at the ANA Inspiration.   

From Yuka Saso: 

• "my caddie, Lionel, talked to me and said you know, there's you know, lots of holes left and you know, try to get back you know, onto the game and focus on what I have to do now -- shot by shot now i think that you know, relaxed me a bit and made me focus on you know, what I had to do -- focus on my routine and so I think you know, I think that help with my approach shot."

In fact, I would argue the exact opposite for a player like Bianca.  In my observations, she tends to play without that, trying to be more "old school" similar to Dame Laura Davies.   But only Bianca knows what is really happening with her thoughts and focus.

This is the modern approach to elite golf these days.   The game has evolved considerably over the years.  I believe that it is part of what sets someone like Nelly apart from others -- she is so laid back that adversity seems to just "roll off of her like water off of a duck's back."  I think that is part of the reason why she handled that double bogey on 17, yet managed to rebound and birdie 18 for the playoff. (At the Pelican).

Edited by Golf Dino

1 hour ago, Golf Dino said:

From Yuka Saso: 

• "my caddie, Lionel, talked to me and said you know, there's you know, lots of holes left and you know, try to get back you know, onto the game and focus on what I have to do now -- shot by shot now i think that you know, relaxed me a bit and made me focus on you know, what I had to do -- focus on my routine and so I think you know, I think that help with my approach shot."

@Golf Dino: You know! 😀

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Golf is hard; it's also weird!  Linnea Johansson, she played seven individual LPGA events in 2021 and has never broke 70, is co-leading the tournament after two rounds.

My take, this golf tournament isn't really started until Thursday, next week.

My guess, and I could be completely wrong is that the courses are not set up that hard. I don't know the lengths they played yesterday and today but I'm guessing not that long.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gsea said:

My guess, and I could be completely wrong is that the courses are not set up that hard. I don't know the lengths they played yesterday and today but I'm guessing not that long.

According to 'Online Media Center':

As you would expect, both courses played the same yardage today and yesterday.

Crossings                          Par 72                    6,632 yards

Falls                                   Par 71                     6,528 yards

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 18majors said:

thats not bad decent length, hey the girls are rolling the rock, good to see.

Sometimes one can't help to wonder why life can be so unfair; just look at Jaclyn Lee.

She suffered a wrist injury in 2019 and it derailed her for more than 2 years until she started to play well at Stage II in October.  She did OK yesterday but ballooned to a +10 today, I wondered whether she reinjured her wrist again.

I know she'll deal with it, because she's so mentally tough; but one can always wonder why!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Sometimes one can't help to wonder why life can be so unfair; just look at Jaclyn Lee.

She suffered a wrist injury in 2019 and it derailed her for more than 2 years until she started to play well at Stage II in October.  She did OK yesterday but ballooned to a +10 today, I wondered whether she reinjured her wrist again.

I know she'll deal with it, because she's so mentally tough; but one can always wonder why!

the only Canadian I'm rooting for TBH... Yeah tough to see her scores today.  

5 hours ago, 18majors said:

Was “-6” = the joint-best round for R2? The LPGA website has already wiped the R2-specific “Today’s Round” column scores in anticipation for R3 

..correction: I see Thitikul had “-7” for R2

Kelly Tan: http://scoring.symetratour.com/public/QSScorecard.aspx?TournamentID=2021003&PlayerID=53829

DD725430-EF59-4FF5-A373-8AA0DE584F55.png

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, 18majors said:

The eight round grind gives advantage to LPGA/JLPGA/KLPGA players; since they're the fittest because financially they're better off.

LET players, Symetra Tour players, college students and other players may lack the professionally supervised training regimen of their counterparts from LPGA, JLPGA and KLPGA; they're more likely to worn out in the next several days.

I would disagree when it comes to players at large college/university programs in the United States. Programs like the University of Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and the University of Oklahoma and I’m sure similar size institutions have their own courses, practice facilities, trainers, gyms, Psychologists, tutors, etc. Often these programs are generous to former students under the table.

For any ams going through an IMG Academy or similar program I would say it’s the same. 

For the Symetra or LET player I agree it may be different. Which by the way, Why does Meghan Mclaren get so much coverage on the LPGA website. I know she’s won a few times in Europe But beside that, what merit does she have to write pieces for LPGA.com?  She was also featured in a few “who to watch” at q-series type of articles along people like Shibuno, Furue etc. Yes, she’s won on the LET but it seems like she must know someone to be covered so favorably and given opportunities to express herself in the media.

Edited by fredogolfer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gsea said:

I'm pretty sure...I can't remember which player...I read something....a player said the course played shorter on Thurs vs. practice rd.

4 hours ago, 18majors said:

More often that not...but I've seen 1st hand ......that many times the course at LPGA events are not played at the posted yardages.

1 minute ago, KBong said:

More often that not...but I've seen 1st hand ......that many times the course at LPGA events are not played at the posted yardages.

Stupiduty!

’Online Media Center’ is set up to report the precise yardage played that day, hole by hole.

It isn’t the white line yardage posted pre-tournament.

• HMHS locked this topic