QSeries 2021

HMHS

1 hour ago, Golf Dino said:

Well, the simple answer is, play your darned best, don't give up on any shot, and get the best priority status you can!   That's one of the lessons that Bianca said she will take into Q-Series this year . . . after being a bit naive in 2019.  

Once a POSER always a POSER.

It's a title that difficult to rid of....I should know....I've been living with that title for 6 decades.🤣

24 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Each contestants picks three players; the contestant who has the player that has the best finish among the picked players wins.

By the way, I know precisely which three players you'll pick; and I promise you I won't pick any of them.

What do you think?  Make a new proposal if you don't like it!

Sure thing!  I'm thinking who'll be my third! NVM, I think you know they're all across the Pacific (or maybe one is coming from the Atlantic!) Edit:come to think of it, one doesn't even have to fly across an ocean lol.

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

@Supermilo

I read from "Seoul Sisters Forum" that Hye Jin Choi and Na Rin An from KLPGA have entered 2021 Q-Series.  Hye Jin is #54 and Na Rin is #67 on Rolex Ranking.

Unfortunately, CYBORG or the PENGUIN...hasn't played great for quite some time...she used to be a force to reckon with.

But I'm happy that two more KLPGA pros are willing to try to hopefully beat up on the Merican LPGA pros. 

It's a shame that Cyborg washed one up on 16 at the GREAT GREAT Man's course in 2017...if she won .....she would have been 17 years old winning a lady's major.

It was fun watching Namdalla flipping Diana "FIVE Martini" Murphy the "bird" at the trophy presentation.

Murphy is an attractive lady....I wonder if she's still employed by the USGA to keep Smiley Mike company in decision making.

18 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Sure thing!  I'm thinking who'll be my third! NVM, I think you know they're all across the Pacific (or maybe one is coming from the Atlantic!) Edit:come to think of it, one doesn't even have to fly across an ocean lol.

It's a deal; let's name our picks next week when the Entries List is published.

• Like 1

@KBong

You're looking a bit green there buddy, you haven't caught the covid have you - hope not.

At the very least you've aged dramatically.

Maybe just a big night out?

• Haha 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

3 minutes ago, 18majors said:

@Rapidcat

I'm curious how is Stephanie Kyriacou viewed by Australians?  I'm surprised there hasn't been more fanfare around her!

On the surface, she can be the pride of a nation; young, cheerful, charismatic and highly talented.

A really good comment imo, she is very marketable.👍

She is really good now at a young age and has potential to reach the very top. Lovely ball striker and a fantastic, natural putter, she gets on birdie runs which the best putters often do so they can always win if in contention.

Australian golf followers tend to gravitate towards our LPGA players over other tours (no surprise) so Minjee and Hannah have the largest profiles.

Steph could be the best of them and that is saying something, will be a great watch over the next few years.

• Like 3

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

@KBong

You're looking a bit green there buddy, you haven't caught the covid have you - hope not.

At the very least you've aged dramatically.

Maybe just a big night out?

You do recognize who my avatar is?

A really fun past WRX member was good at Photoshop....he did many others too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KBong said:

Then maybe Steph can mentor Nelly.🤣

Oh Nelly!

She still is marketable but needs a little adjustment (like Jen Kupcho's attitude?🤣). Maybe she isn't bothered and that can be her prerogative.

People may be wondering 'what the hell?' but for all of Nelly's undoubted golf excellence and athleticism and being one of the top world golfers, she is just a little, well bland, almost underwhelming for such a star, imo.

However, let's remember she is still very young and sometimes players grow into their stardom. She should be true to her personality.

Whatever, she is still a wonderful golfer and seems very nice.

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, KBong said:

You do recognize who my avatar is?

A really fun past WRX member was good at Photoshop....he did many others too.

Not sure re your avatar but thinking Tina?

It's all the moody, green lighting, presenting a dystopian golf world..... 

• Haha 1

Japan is already talking about a potential rivalry between Hye Jin Choi and Hinako Shibuno at 2021 LPGA Q-Series; comparing Hye Jin to Jin Young Ko.

Who is the former prize queen of the Korean tour who will become the "strongest rival" in the US women's golf final qualifying session challenged by Hinako Shibuno?

title-1637670812826.jpeg?pri=l&w=800&h=4

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Japan is already talking about a potential rivalry between Hye Jin Choi and Hinako Shibuno at 2021 LPGA Q-Series; comparing Hye Jin to Jin Young Ko.

Who is the former prize queen of the Korean tour who will become the "strongest rival" in the US women's golf final qualifying session challenged by Hinako Shibuno?

title-1637670812826.jpeg?pri=l&w=800&h=4

As I wrote above, CYBORG/PENGUIN used to be really good...she's lost her lustre....maybe if she qualifies for the LPGA...she can get back to form with tougher competition.

Hmmmm.....I noticed they didn't mention Thitikul in the article.....are the Japanese scared of the GREAT Lady of Thailand.

BUT

Jeeno GAGGED today in Spain with a even par 1st rd....T13.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rapidcat said:

Not sure re your avatar but thinking Tina?

It's all the moody, green lighting, presenting a dystopian golf world..... 

GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

It's so obvious...it's Tina.....as the Wicked Witch of the West.

Tina, Tina Tina!

I'll have to disguise myself as a WHITE GUY...if I'm gonna chat with Tina at the 2023 CWO.

Or maybe I'll just chat up Sura....but Sura likes to be the Invisible Woman.

I chatted up Sura in 2015....told her about this great Korean restaurant here in Van City called Sura.

BUT

I'm sure Sura was saying under her breath....I need to get away ASAP from this Chinese TOOL.🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KBong said:

GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

It's so obvious...it's Tina.....as the Wicked Witch of the West.

Tina, Tina Tina!

I'll have to disguise myself as a WHITE GUY...if I'm gonna chat with Tina at the 2023 CWO.

Or maybe I'll just chat up Sura....but Sura likes to be the Invisible Woman.

I chatted up Sura in 2015....told her about this great Korean restaurant here in Van City called Sura.

BUT

I'm sure Sura was saying under her breath....I need to get away ASAP from this Chinese TOOL.🤣

Hey, I am with the program, I said Tina😀

But seriously, I thought YOU were the Wicked Witch of the West (coast)🤣

• Haha 1

Oh Nelly!

She still is marketable but needs a little adjustment (like Jen Kupcho's attitude?🤣). Maybe she isn't bothered and that can be her prerogative.

Ya...Nelly might want to be under the radar....knowing the shame Dad brought to the Korda name with his JUICING/DOPING.

Maybe BJ Wie can adopt Nelly to get her that $100M seven year endorsement.

BJ is a marketing genius.

BJ also should have been selected as the new LPGA Commish.....if there was anyone to get LPGA purses to PGA tour levels...it would by my man, BJ.

spacer.png

People may be wondering 'what the hell?' but for all of Nelly's undoubted golf excellence and athleticism and being one of the top world golfers, she is just a little, well bland, almost underwhelming for such a star, imo.

Glad to hear someone else who thinks Nelly has the personality of a loaf of bread...just sayin.🤣

spacer.png

Edited by KBong

Let's hype it up some more!  Methinks Shibuno is already in the US... 

https://www.wowow.co.jp/sports/lpga/info/detail_211022_01.html

https://www.wowow.co.jp/sports/lpga/

WOWOW will broadcast the play of these two people live! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWvNscDvVxS/?fbclid=IwAR2W0Iy2KUQPsQOotU8-oAaVfI_8Ylysu0gScTLysHXn521qoVYM6m6Z1Jk

Edited by HMHS

According to the updated fact sheet on October 27, 2021, only Magnolia Grove Golf Course will be used for Week 1, which means the size of the field is manageable.

There're:

1.    Stage II Qualifiers                                              47 players
  2.    Symetra Tour Exemption:                                  25
  3.    LPGA #101 -150:                                                35 (Many tour or major winners are exempted)
  4.    Rolex Top-75                                                      5
  5.    LET Top-5                                                           3

There'll be 115 players in the field; maybe they can handle it with only one course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

According to the updated fact sheet on October 27, 2021, only Magnolia Grove Golf Course will be used for Week 1, which means the size of the field is manageable.

There're:

1.    Stage II Qualifiers                                              47 players
  2.    Symetra Tour Exemption:                                  25
  3.    LPGA #101 -150:                                                35 (Many tour or major winners are exempted)
  4.    Rolex Top-75                                                      5
  5.    LET Top-5                                                           3

There'll be 115 players in the field; maybe they can handle it with only one course.

Magnolia Grove has 36 holes. 

q11.jpg

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, airawan said:

q11.jpg

Yes, the Crossing and Falls course.

I played the Falls course in 1997....if I recall correctly it's kinda an open course and not a parkland style course.

The LPGA used to have an event here ....they used the Crossing course.

Some may remember.

Erica Blasberg, a LPGA pro committed suicide on May 9, 2010 in Henderson, NV. She was lonely, sad and depressed. I think she had a little Yorkie dog.

I recall LPGA pros providing their condolences and shock on GC before the start of the Bell Micro that week at Magnolia Grove.

I believe Erica was packed and prepared to fly to Mobile....but things unfortunately went sideways.

I have seen her play at a few events.

She was friendly and a really attractive young lady.

She was a Puma apparel and Cleveland Golf ambassador.

Such a shame of her unexpected death.

Her dad was a piece of work.

RIP Erica.

10 hours ago, airawan said:

Thanks, now everything clicks.

It's possible we may have more than 120 players in the field; more from LPGA #101-150 and/or from Rolex Top-75.

I don't envy @Supermilo, this got to be one of the most gut wrenching two weeks coming for him.  There're three stages of suffering:

1.    Make the first week cut of Top-80 and ties
  2.    Make Top-45 and ties in the second week
  3.    Make Top-20 and ties

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KBong said:

Some may remember.

Erica Blasberg, a LPGA pro committed suicide on May 9, 2010 in Henderson, NV. She was lonely, sad and depressed. I think she had a little Yorkie dog.

I recall LPGA pros providing their condolences and shock on GC before the start of the Bell Micro that week at Magnolia Grove.

I believe Erica was packed and prepared to fly to Mobile....but things unfortunately went sideways.

I have seen her play at a few events.

She was friendly and a really attractive young lady.

She was a Puma apparel and Cleveland Golf ambassador.

Such a shame of her unexpected death.

Her dad was a piece of work.

RIP Erica.

Man, I just looked up Erica Blasberg. That’s some dark stuff. It’s so sad. 

You see all these bright and can’t miss upcoming young players. Then, there’s Erica. 

@Lobby

Maja Stark, who failed to qualify for Q-Series from Stage II, also came out short through LET order of merit.  Maja finished #6.  She actually has the highest points per tournament but she only played six tournaments.  

She should feel encouraged though, she's still young (will be 22 in two weeks) and she's shown she's what it takes to succeed.

Edited by 18majors

• HMHS locked this topic