Nike Footwear 2022 (Unofficial Thread) (***NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS***)

2 minutes ago, rsh0308 said:

To me 90s fit same as 1s. I have 2 pairs of 1’s in 9 (19 and 20 models) and 2 of last year’s 90s that fit the same- I walk 75% of the time and I don’t feel much of a size difference. Both are narrow and same length. 9 ZIT as well. 
I wear 8.5 ADG 1’s, 3’s, and React Vapor 2, 8.5 GFores. 

Great info. Thank you.

Just took a stroll through PGA Tour Superstore. I've decided Nike just doesn't care at all about golf. 

This is the time of year we snowbound golfers start longing for golf and buy stuff instead of playing. So adidias is out there with their new tour 360s, Z1 and CodeChaos colorways, there were some interesting Under Armours, and even a bunch of promotion of Gfore stuff.

Nike? nothing but clearance of ZITs and TWs and $60 models.

In clothing, very odd colorways and some odd prints (a very small leopard print on one shirt!). It's all weird or basic. Most ZIT colorways last year were also weird – white/pale yellow, that pale flesh color with the orange/teal swoosh?

Then you go over to hats and ther are no tour-type Classic99 aerobills with a swoosh (plenty of TWs), except the weird majors hats with giant houndstooth designs.

Maybe I'm too old? Then again, I go over to adidas and really like a bunch of their stuff (tho they are good for super weird unwearable print shirts). Thier basics seem to always have a nice fabric or twist without being embarassing. And while it looks like they're axing the adicross stuff, it was a cool line. At least they tried. I also like that adidas is also committed to using recycled materials (it's not going to save the planet, but it can reduce waste. Plus, again, at least it's forward thinking and innovating) Travismathew also had some interesting stuff.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by bsoudi
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 4:20 PM, bsoudi said:

Just took a stroll through PGA Tour Superstore. I've decided Nike just doesn't care at all about golf. 

This is the time of year we snowbound golfers start longing for golf and buy stuff instead of playing. So adidias is out there with their new tour 360s, Z1 and CodeChaos colorways, there were some interesting Under Armours, and even a bunch of promotion of Gfore stuff.

In clothing, very odd colorways and some odd prints (a very small leopard print on one shirt!). It's all weird or basic. Most ZIT colorways last year were also weird – white/pale yellow, that pale flesh color with the orange/teal swoosh?

Then you go over to hats and ther are no tour-type Classic99 aerobills with a swoosh (plenty of TWs), except the weird majors hats with giant houndstooth designs.

Maybe I'm too old? Then again, I go over to adidas and really like a bunch of their stuff (tho they are good for super weird unwearable print shirts). Thier basics seem to always have a nice fabric or twist without being embarassing. And while it looks like they're axing the adicross stuff, it was a cool line. At least they tried. I also like that adidas is also committed to using recycled materials (it's not going to save the planet, but it can reduce waste. Plus, again, at least it's forward thinking and innovating) Travismathew also had some interesting stuff.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I agree with you, disappointed there aren’t more classic Nike Classic 99 hats available or a decent Nike sale. 

Does anyone have any idea of when the next Nike sale should be? Valentines Day? Spring Break?

On 2/7/2022 at 2:20 PM, bsoudi said:

Nike has become a company that revolves around drop culture and caters directly to the hypebeasts. I think some of the Nike Golf innovation specifically footwear has taken a bit of a hit due to that. If you think about it 70%(generous guess) of their "Golf Shoe" releases are just their popular shoes that already exist with a G at the end of it. So we've gotten more OVERPRICED spikeless shoes then we have "regular" golf shoes that come with some sort of spiked traction. 

Depending on how you look at it, it can be called lazy or also be called genius. The shoes are definitely going to sell which is why I think they've done it and continue to do it.. The Zoom Infinity Tours we know they worked with Brooks a lot on so they're definitely getting input from their athletes as well as the Zoom Victory Tour 1&2's with Rory and obviously all the work with Tiger. So there are plenty of spiked options available but at prices that I would consider ridiculous especially for a golfer looking to just get into the game or who does not want to break the bank. Adidas Tech Response 2.0's retail for $65 which is a great entry level spiked shoe while Nikes Infinity G is $70, I think the Adidas option is better for an entry level spiked cleat. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Nike competing with Adidas and making a good removable spiked shoe for the $70 price point that actually competes and has more than 5 spikes that actually can be swapped out. 

Nike Golf needs to focus on making gear at reasonable price points that fit the needs of all golfers at every level and not just made for hypebeast spikeless golf shoes or for the super professional golfer. They are missing that middle mark. 

These Air Max picnics are such an eyesore, who would actually game those... 

Edited by nikegolfer2021

Driver: Nike VRS Covert

Woods: Nike VRS Covert 3 Wood, Nike SQ Machspeed 7 Wood

Irons: Maltby STI-2 4-9

Wedges: Miura 46º Nike VR Forged 52°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Maltby PTM-5

Ball: Kirkland Signature

23 minutes ago, fourunder68 said:

People who bought it will game those Air Max  90 NRG picnic, there is a reason why they sold out in seconds.

Lets be real a good amount of those people are going to resell those shoes. They are catering to the sneakerhead/hypebeast drop culture vs the novice or experienced golfer. I know Nike can sell a shoe that will vanish stock in seconds they've been doing that for years.

I highly doubt you will see these on a golf course. It's all about resale these days, these retailed for 150 and now they're selling for 300 and up. You'll probably see these worn on the streets or in a collection vs actually being worn on the course, I promise you that. 

I play in all my shoes. Whats the point of just having them on the shelf? Or making 80$ on a resale? Not worth it to me. I tried for the picnics, and missed. But if I would have got them, they would be gamed in. Just like my other special releases from last year. How else am I suppose to get the beer goddess attention ? With my looks and personality? No thanks 😝

• Like 1

Titleist tsi3 Diamana tb 60 s pured 

Exotics 3w, Hybrids, most underrated woods around 

Ping i210 w/ Nippons

Cleveland RTX Tour Rack Wedges

Odyssey Tri Hot 5k 

1 hour ago, DoubleBogeyPapi said:

Lets be real a good amount of those people are going to resell those shoes. They are catering to the sneakerhead/hypebeast drop culture vs the novice or experienced golfer. I know Nike can sell a shoe that will vanish stock in seconds they've been doing that for years.

I highly doubt you will see these on a golf course. It's all about resale these days, these retailed for 150 and now they're selling for 300 and up. You'll probably see these worn on the streets or in a collection vs actually being worn on the course, I promise you that. 

Again people buy them to wear in golf or in street, okay i got your point about the people who resell, the people who bought them after market is going to wear them, they will be worn on the course or the street, i for one will wear them on the course. 🙂

Edited by fourunder68

3 hours ago, DoubleBogeyPapi said:

Nike has become a company that revolves around drop culture and caters directly to the hypebeasts. I think some of the Nike Golf innovation specifically footwear has taken a bit of a hit due to that. If you think about it 70%(generous guess) of their "Golf Shoe" releases are just their popular shoes that already exist with a G at the end of it. So we've gotten more OVERPRICED spikeless shoes then we have "regular" golf shoes that come with some sort of spiked traction. 

Depending on how you look at it, it can be called lazy or also be called genius. The shoes are definitely going to sell which is why I think they've done it and continue to do it.. The Zoom Infinity Tours we know they worked with Brooks a lot on so they're definitely getting input from their athletes as well as the Zoom Victory Tour 1&2's with Rory and obviously all the work with Tiger. So there are plenty of spiked options available but at prices that I would consider ridiculous especially for a golfer looking to just get into the game or who does not want to break the bank. Adidas Tech Response 2.0's retail for $65 which is a great entry level spiked shoe while Nikes Infinity G is $70, I think the Adidas option is better for an entry level spiked cleat. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Nike competing with Adidas and making a good removable spiked shoe for the $70 price point that actually competes and has more than 5 spikes that actually can be swapped out. 

Nike Golf needs to focus on making gear at reasonable price points that fit the needs of all golfers at every level and not just made for hypebeast spikeless golf shoes or for the super professional golfer. They are missing that middle mark. 

These Air Max picnics are such an eyesore, who would actually game those... 

I don't quite understand theiur strategy. I thinkt they really don't understand golfers, espcially a large swath of them. I would say most of their shoes are priced right with their competitors, and the new Tour 360 are $210! The Victory Tours are unbeleiveably ugly to me, nurse shoes, especially with shorts on.

Me? I think it's great they have 90s and 270s for golf, shoes that are kind of cool and don't look like dorky golf shoes. But even those will be available many fewer color options than in past years.

I have 2 pair of ZITs with integrated spikes and the traction is fine, nothing has broken in 2 years. I am not sure why you need spiked shoes at $70. I doubt these casual players swing that fast or play that often. SPikes likely wont need replacement until 3-4 years, when these cheaper shoes will look very worn and the replacement spikes cost 25% of a pair of new shoes.

My biggest issue is they don't have inventory, they don't have new stuff out at the beginning of the season. Yeah, I get there are still supply chain and logististcs issues. Not having anything right now when most everyone else does just shows how low golf is on their priority list.

1 hour ago, bsoudi said:

I don't quite understand theiur strategy. I thinkt they really don't understand golfers, espcially a large swath of them. I would say most of their shoes are priced right with their competitors, and the new Tour 360 are $210! The Victory Tours are unbeleiveably ugly to me, nurse shoes, especially with shorts on.

Me? I think it's great they have 90s and 270s for golf, shoes that are kind of cool and don't look like dorky golf shoes. But even those will be available many fewer color options than in past years.

I have 2 pair of ZITs with integrated spikes and the traction is fine, nothing has broken in 2 years. I am not sure why you need spiked shoes at $70. I doubt these casual players swing that fast or play that often. SPikes likely wont need replacement until 3-4 years, when these cheaper shoes will look very worn and the replacement spikes cost 25% of a pair of new shoes.

My biggest issue is they don't have inventory, they don't have new stuff out at the beginning of the season. Yeah, I get there are still supply chain and logististcs issues. Not having anything right now when most everyone else does just shows how low golf is on their priority list.

I'm surprised your biggest issue is inventory as it sounded like you were not into what they were making lol. 

Unfortunately everyone is having issues with supply so it is what it is. 

I definitely don't think Nike necessarily NEEDS a 70 spiked shoe but when you compare Adidas 65$ offering to Nike's Adidas has them beat.

I feel like Adidas has been really putting so much energy and research into their Golf division that they are continuing to make some stuff that will compete with Nike's offerings. 

Although I'm a Nike loyalist when it comes to golf from head to toe. 

1 hour ago, PowerFade36 said:

Its pretty obvious that Nike doesn't really care about golf. If they did, they would be releasing a new TW shoe every year regardless if he's playing or not.

why? 

jordans had and have a following. Every release sells out. The last TW’s still in stock. Why would they design and sell a shoe that doesnt sell well? The more premium offers sell better. i can count on one hand how many current TW’s ive seen on course. Ive seen more of their other offerings by far. I live in the land of nike (portland/beaverton) and they actually had TW’s at the company store. Full stock. Even at 40% company store discount they dont sell. i will agree that nike care very little - if at all, about golf. But no way would i, as nike, soend the money, every year, on a signature shoe of a player who shoes just dont sell. 

1 hour ago, jpdx said:

why? 

jordans had and have a following. Every release sells out. The last TW’s still in stock. Why would they design and sell a shoe that doesnt sell well? The more premium offers sell better. i can count on one hand how many current TW’s ive seen on course. Ive seen more of their other offerings by far. I live in the land of nike (portland/beaverton) and they actually had TW’s at the company store. Full stock. Even at 40% company store discount they dont sell. i will agree that nike care very little - if at all, about golf. But no way would i, as nike, soend the money, every year, on a signature shoe of a player who shoes just dont sell. 

For the last several iterations, Nike has barely marketed TW shoes at all. They didn't even release the tiger print TW20s. 

1 hour ago, PowerFade36 said:

For the last several iterations, Nike has barely marketed TW shoes at all. They didn't even release the tiger print TW20s. 

youre right. And theyve marketed jordan golf shoes much more, so much more in fact that a basketball player’s shoe sells out faster than the shoes of arguably the goat golfer 🙄…keep moving the goal post. 

and iirc someone said the Tiger print was released in korea i believe - maybe in the nike 2020 thread. 

edit: feb 2020 released. 

Also, im really thinking these next% golf shoes are going to really comfy and hope they look better in hand than the rendering and pics sharp eyed wrxers have pointed out. Have you seen any marketing around these? i mean these are probably the new flagship…

Edited by jpdx
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jpdx said:

youre right. And theyve marketed jordan golf shoes much more, so much more in fact that a basketball player’s shoe sells out faster than the shoes of arguably the goat golfer 🙄…keep moving the goal post. 

and iirc someone said the Tiger print was released in korea i believe - maybe in the nike 2020 thread. 

edit: feb 2020 released. 

Also, im really thinking these next% golf shoes are going to really comfy and hope they look better in hand than the rendering and pics sharp eyed wrxers have pointed out. Have you seen any marketing around these? i mean these are probably the new flagship…

There is no "care" meter to resolve this, it was just my opinion. And regardless, comparing it to Jordan's doesnt make sense bc Jordan's are limited releases. If we compare them to TW limited releases (ie: TW20 tiger stripe, TW13 Masters etc) how do they compare now?

12 hours ago, Haaski said:

Koepka has been seen wearing these out on the course. spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

I don't like the overhang "design feature" of these, but, so be it. They otherwise look really good to me. Although I like plenty of the garish Nike offerings, it's nice that these are pretty understated without being boring or orthopedic-looking. I just hope the cuffs under the ankles are low enough as to not dig into my ankles.

4 hours ago, PowerFade36 said:

There is no "care" meter to resolve this, it was just my opinion. And regardless, comparing it to Jordan's doesnt make sense bc Jordan's are limited releases. If we compare them to TW limited releases (ie: TW20 tiger stripe, TW13 Masters etc) how do they compare now?

Point is they barely market golf as it is. I agree that nike doesnt really care about golf (so it seems), and rightfully so, as it probably has minimal impact to the bottom line compared to other sports. But they do have a vested interest in having new models come out. Hey, at least they arent on a Taylormade timeline right? Otherwise my pockets would be a lot lighter. 

TW isnt the icon that people have fervor over like J’s and, imo, makes no sense to release a new shoe every year. Whether or not he's playing. 

2 hours ago, KMeloney said:

I don't like the overhang "design feature" of these, but, so be it. They otherwise look really good to me. Although I like plenty of the garish Nike offerings, it's nice that these are pretty understated without being boring or orthopedic-looking. I just hope the cuffs under the ankles are low enough as to not dig into my ankles.

Yeah, seen these pics. Theyre still just “meh” to me. Need in hand to make a final decision. The comfort level, based on my experience of next% running shoes, should be off the charts! 

2 hours ago, jpdx said:

TW isnt the icon that people have fervor over like J’s and, imo, makes no sense to release a new shoe every year. Whether or not he's playing.

I think if they made a more affordable TW shoe people would buy it. I think they can have like a low/mid- tier and a high/premium tier shoe with the TW stamp on it. The premium would be the current spiked model thats out and they can have a spikeless/trainer like shoe with some traction at like 100 more or less. There's more Jordan options than there are TW options in terms of golf shoes so I think that also adds to the success. I would love to see a spikeless trainer with a TW stamp. Would definitely get that into the rotation