2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Masters Ticket Scalpers

dalehead

30 minutes ago, Jim Steele said:

For those that know the lay of the land tournament week, is that SH address on Oakland doable by car coming from I-20, as I know some streets are closed near the course. Or should I just park in the Masters parking lot and walk there?   

If coming from the west (Atlanta), exit off of I-20 at exits #195 or #196 to avoid Washington Rd and the parking lot and course traffic.  Probably makes sense if coming from the east as well.

image.png.a8ace1992f40ff8d9a88edc45468e83e.png 

Edited by dmbolp

1 hour ago, dmbolp said:

Thanks!

Further away than previous years

IMG_5890.png

Tin foil hat on...Georgia's long-standing scalping law prohibits scalping within 2,700 feet of the "venue" (just over 1/2 a mile); the brokers/RVs/tents on Washington Rd are aware of this and outside that distance.  But the other houses used by Stubhub in the past have been inside that distance, but on private property.  Maybe they're playing it safe this year and moving outside that 1/2 mile radius.

For starters, I apologize if my questions have already been answered in past years but I just stumbled across the message board and the comments have been extremely helpful...

I've never been to Augusta and unfortunately I cannot afford Masters week tickets. Nevertheless I've read that the AWNA at least provides an opportunity for me to soak in the course experience. As a result, I am considering treating myself as an early birthday present and purchasing one solo grounds ticket.

StubHub prices have fluctuated but are currently $700 all-in.

• If I were to purchase on SH, can anyone confirm how early I could actually pick up my ticket from their location? I can only arrive super early Saturday morning and want to be there ahead of gates opening to get the full experience, so my concern is if pick-up opens after gates open.
  • Based on the feedback of this group, is my better bet to bring a comparable amount of cash and try to purchase from a reseller on my drive in?

Thank you for hearing me out and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to finally get the opportunity to experience everything about Augusta National!

9 hours ago, mam5107 said:

For starters, I apologize if my questions have already been answered in past years but I just stumbled across the message board and the comments have been extremely helpful...

I've never been to Augusta and unfortunately I cannot afford Masters week tickets. Nevertheless I've read that the AWNA at least provides an opportunity for me to soak in the course experience. As a result, I am considering treating myself as an early birthday present and purchasing one solo grounds ticket.

• If I were to purchase on SH, can anyone confirm how early I could actually pick up my ticket from their location? I can only arrive super early Saturday morning and want to be there ahead of gates opening to get the full experience, so my concern is if pick-up opens after gates open.
  • Based on the feedback of this group, is my better bet to bring a comparable amount of cash and try to purchase from a reseller on my drive in?

Thank you for hearing me out and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Hoping to finally get the opportunity to experience everything about Augusta National!

If you purchase from StubHub, you should receive directions on pickup that include the address (already mentioned above) and the times. You’re not the only one that will want to walk in early. So the line will be long. This won’t be some massive tent or building. They rent small ranch style homes and use the garage and living space. One for pickup. The other for drop-off.

11 hours ago, mam5107 said:

Looks like Amateur tickets are all FedEx ship, not LMS, did you buy?

Never been to the masters - thinking about pulling the trigger and going down next Friday or Saturday.  Been following ticket prices on SH and other places for the past few weeks.  The weather forecast makes me nervous to pull the trigger.  Would much prefer a sunny day if I'm going to spend 2k plus for a ticket. 

Are people pulling the trigger on Friday tickets even though the forecast is calling for rain?  Does it usually just rain for a bit and stop?  Currently Saturday looks like a better bet.  If I wait a day of 2 before, will I pay a major premium?  What time does SH allow for pickup the morning of the tournament?  I would want to try to get there early as possible.

Has anyone bought from Azalea hospitality?  Experience?  Or is it best to stick with SH?

Thanks

I think this has been asked previously, but not sure I saw a clear answer.  What time on Wednesday do you think we could still hang out at the course?  Thinking of just buying a badge for low $$ late in the day (like after 3p) just to walk the course for a bit and then shop for merch after that.  But didn't know what time they actually kick people out of there.

1 hour ago, ckhorn said:

I think this has been asked previously, but not sure I saw a clear answer.  What time on Wednesday do you think we could still hang out at the course?  Thinking of just buying a badge for low $$ late in the day (like after 3p) just to walk the course for a bit and then shop for merch after that.  But didn't know what time they actually kick people out of there.

Depends on the day and weather, but at least 6pm. The merch shop is supposed to close at 6, but is open later at times. It does close shortly after play is called for the day in the event of weather.

4 minutes ago, lukesoles said:

Found a Sunday for $1865 all in… doesn’t seem bad but I’m still tempted to wait longer, those with experience is it better to wait?? Also is the price difference between Friday and Saturday worth it for Friday? 

THUR/FRI you see the whole field before the cut versus SAT/SUN

Lots of pricing history in this thread, even the week/day/hour of, to see what pricing has done in the past

...and at home you can see the entire tournament on SAT/SUN thru; CBS, ESPN+, Paramount, Masters app...you can watch every single shot, and even replay them.  Going on SAT/SUN you see 1/18 of the tournament if you're on a par 3, 1/36 of the tournament if you're on a par 4, and 1/54 of the tournament if you're on a par 5; at any given time