TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Its been a while, but things are starting to slow down and I anticipate another solid 8-8 season from my PGH Steelers with Mitch at the helm.

Golf update.  Took the annual jaunt to Great Falls for some golf over there and a stop into the Sip n Dip.  The wife was winning on the machines so the mermaid did OK by us, so did the waitress.

This year I have been in the doldrums.  I have shot in the nineties 2, maybe 3 times, and my handicap has increased to at one point a 7.  The more I tried to fix it, the worse the fix got... I suspect we have all been there in varying degrees.  Well, a couple of weekends ago I had a couple of extra Bud Lights and after struggling on the front with a 6 over, I birdied 4 of the first five holes on the back.  I have been trying to remember the feel of that day as I was obviously hitting the ball much better than I had in the recent past.

Fast forward to yesterday playing the course which has really challenging greens with huge undulations and they are fast, I lost a ball on 10 when I hit a tiny little tree and neither of saw the ball (the tree was about 20 yards in front of me so the circle of possibility was about 150 yards in diameter) so I took a double.  Then I doubled a really tricky par 3 hitting what I thought was the perfect chip which rolled off the back of the green.  4 over after the first three holes on the back, ugh.  Followed that with a par on a par 5 that should be so easy but it eats my lunch annually, and then I birdied 4 of the last 5 holes to shoot even on the back.  One long putt downhill, then two tap ins and then a flop shot from behind the green with the slope running away from me (lucky!).  So I might be getting closer.

One other thing, number 16 is a long par 3 to an elevated green, played 177 but with the Great Falls wind it was playing about 190.  I have never hit this green in my life, but I did yesterday and just missed the birdie putt.  Its an old style course, so the tee box for the next hole is short, right, and below the tee box.  There are some cottonwoods to protect those folks, but those in the know stay in their carts or stand on the other side of their carts.  The ladies in front of us were not in the know, and were pretty buzzed.  A one hop driver from my wife hit one of the women right on the outside of the thigh/butt area.  We were screaming fore and they never moved, and I mean like screaming fore over and over.  Thankfully she was OK, just a welt, and as she laughed it off she said, "I heard you yelling but I am a hockey player so I don't pay any attention.  But I did leave you a good lie... its right there."

Tough to recover from that for my wife, and we are just super thankful she is OK.

8CD54324-9888-4380-AFA6-72E59B8D7387.jpeg

Edited by Petethreeput
  • Like 3

SECOND NINE STANDINGS

PTS   W27   W28   W29    MC1/-3    TMC      MJ    TP

TI           93        19           7            8           4/-12         5/-18        52       98

DOC      81       34          -2           3          13/-39       16/-60      45     149

CH         76        20         -4           3          13/-39       20/-81      23     146

LP           74        16           9           3          12/-36       14/-48      58     221   

CHEF    69        12          -1           8            5/-15         5/-15        41        69

Q            63        21          13          12         16/-48      18/-60      81      167

P48       52       -10         11           17         15/-45      21/-81       19      100

NCL       25        -2            0           8          16/-48      21/-78       30      111

Edited by Qqq123xx
doc in. p48 in.
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

Its been a while, but things are starting to slow down and I anticipate another solid 8-8 season from my PGH Steelers with Mitch at the helm.

Golf update.  Took the annual jaunt to Great Falls for some golf over there and a stop into the Sip n Dip.  The wife was winning on the machines so the mermaid did OK by us, so did the waitress.

This year I have been in the doldrums.  I have shot in the nineties 2, maybe 3 times, and my handicap has increased to at one point a 7.  The more I tried to fix it, the worse the fix got... I suspect we have all been there in varying degrees.  Well, a couple of weekends ago I had a couple of extra Bud Lights and after struggling on the front with a 6 over, I birdied 4 of the first five holes on the back.  I have been trying to remember the feel of that day as I was obviously hitting the ball much better than I had in the recent past.

Fast forward to yesterday playing the course which has really challenging greens with huge undulations and they are fast, I lost a ball on 10 when I hit a tiny little tree and neither of saw the ball (the tree was about 20 yards in front of me so the circle of possibility was about 150 yards in diameter) so I took a double.  Then I doubled a really tricky par 3 hitting what I thought was the perfect chip which rolled off the back of the green.  4 over after the first three holes on the back, ugh.  Followed that with a par on a par 5 that should be so easy but it eats my lunch annually, and then I birdied 4 of the last 5 holes to shoot even on the back.  One long putt downhill, then two tap ins and then a flop shot from behind the green with the slope running away from me (lucky!).  So I might be getting closer.

One other thing, number 16 is a long par 3 to an elevated green, played 177 but with the Great Falls wind it was playing about 190.  I have never hit this green in my life, but I did yesterday and just missed the birdie putt.  Its an old style course, so the tee box for the next hole is short, right, and below the tee box.  There are some cottonwoods to protect those folks, but those in the know stay in their carts or stand on the other side of their carts.  The ladies in front of us were not in the know, and were pretty buzzed.  A one hop driver from my wife hit one of the women right on the outside of the thigh/butt area.  We were screaming fore and they never moved, and I mean like screaming fore over and over.  Thankfully she was OK, just a welt, and as she laughed it off she said, "I heard you yelling but I am a hockey player so I don't pay any attention.  But I did leave you a good lie... its right there."

Tough to recover from that for my wife, and we are just super thankful she is OK.

Great to hear from you and welcome back Montana man. 💥 Enjoyed your stories. Have any more photos of that particular mermaid? Perhaps from a few different angles? Asking for a friend. 😉

• Haha 1

Still awaiting results from Detroit from doc and P48. 

Edited by touch

Well said JT. 

• Like 4

Good replacement choice. 

I will say watch out for the Browns. I will bet them to push past the Bengals with their odds going from +400 to plus 250 for the AFC North crown. 
DeShaun inherits an easier second half schedule than the Bengals.  Steelers won’t be there and the Ravens are a bit of a wild card. They are not built to withstand injuries.  
Book it Browns win the AFC North. Bengals get a WC and could upset the Bills if their new O line is still intact. 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2022 at 10:31 AM, Petethreeput said:

I do feel bad for Mrs. Pete. I bet she was shaking with nervousness following the incident for the remainder of the round. I can relate to such all of a sudden uneasiness taking over as that is just what happened to me when I smashed the windshield with my sliced drive at CCA while P48 was in town. After talking to the car's owner over the fence and exchanging numbers at the scene of the crime I felt really bad and my golf game was way off for the remaining 7 holes. 

It was extra uncomfortable because it took place while I was hosting a thread brother for a round who came clear across the country to visit me. 

P3P do tell the Misses that I am sorry to hear of her mishap while golfing on vacation.

All were thankful in the end that there was not a bad injury.

"I did leave you a good lie",  was pretty funny. 

Hockey player brushes the body blow off as absolutely nothing was even funnier. 

Who says golf isn't a contact sport? 😜

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, doctoro said:

I will say watch out for the Browns. I will bet them to push past the Bengals with their odds going from +400 to plus 250 for the AFC North crown. 
DeShaun inherits an easier second half schedule than the Bengals.  Steelers won’t be there and the Ravens are a bit of a wild card. They are not built to withstand injuries.  
Book it Browns win the AFC North. Bengals get a WC and could upset the Bills if their new O line is still intact. 

The sage doc is already predicting how it will play out this fall in the AFC North. Good stuff KB. 

I'm sure many of us are starting to feel excited that the NFL will be back before too long. 

May be an image of 6 people, people playing football and text that says 'WEED BET ON HIS OWN TEAM CLEVELAND 25+ GAME SUSPENSION TARGETTING 17 GAME SUSPENSION TRACE AMOUNT OF PEDs @NFLMEMES_G DINALS 12 GAME SUSPENSION GOT FREE TATTOOS IN COLLEGE 6 GAME 6GAMESUSPENSION SUSPENSION SEXUAL ASSAULT 2 5 GAME SUSPENSION 6 GAME SUSPENSION'

Edited by touch
  • Confused 1

May be a meme of text that says 'We were too young to realize that Slowpoke Rodriguez was always high'

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Tommy R. Callahan III VP of Sales at Callahan Auto Parts 1st Callahan Auto Parts Marquette University Sandusky, Ohio, United States 1,162 followers'

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, TigerIrons said:

I'll go for Corey Conners, Harris English, and Big Billy Zalatoris.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Backup: Horschel.

I asked you last week to do this but I see you overlooked my request. TI also type their names each week. I don't want to have to look up a player whose face I don't recognize. 

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, TigerIrons said:

That post has three lines, and the first one is their names. 😂

Ok I see it. I was checking it from my phone and missed it. My error this week. 😉

Picks this week from 🧑‍🍳

Kisner

Zalatoris

Hatton 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Sedgefield Country Club loses superintendent | Local News | greensboro.com

Wyndham Picks 

CH                 Lowry                   Hatton              HV lll

TI                   Connors               English             Zalatoris 

Chef              Kisner                   Hatton             Zalatoris

LP                 Horschel               A. Scott            Zalatoris  

________________________________________________________________________-

SECOND NINE STANDINGS

PTS   W27   W28   W29    MC1/-3    TMC      MJ    TP

TI           93        19           7            8           4/-12         5/-18        52       98

DOC      81       34          -2           3          13/-39       16/-60      45     149

CH         76        20         -4           3          13/-39       20/-81      23     146

LP           74        16           9           3          12/-36       14/-48      58     221   

CHEF    69        12          -1           8            5/-15         5/-15        41        69

Q            63        21          13          12         16/-48      18/-60      81      167

P48       35       -10         11           ?           15/-45      21/-81       19        83

NCL       25        -2            0           8          16/-48      21/-78       30      111

Edited by touch

7 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

One of my favorite movies!!  Sandusky Ohio, home of Cedar Point.  Spent many summers at Cedar Point Amusement Park.  Sandusky is about 1hr north of Mansfield Ohio, my hometown!!  

Roller Coaster Logo GIF by Cedar Point

I went to Cedar Point twice when I was a teenager. The place has to be one of the absolute best Amusement Parks in the country.

Almost anything Farley was in was good. Tommy Boy was a classic.  

GIF tommy boy chris farley david spade - animated GIF on GIFER

• Like 2

About the Region | Piedmont Triad Regional Council, NC

My team this week for the action on TOUR taking place from my home state is. 

Zalatoris

Adam Scott

Billy Ho 

Catching up on my recaps. Part 2

Two Wednesday's ago I was invited to play with two members at work. They are good guys whom both I talk a lot of golf with daily when I am on the job. I never really feel at ease when I play BFCC due to the fact that it's where I work. I seemingly just can't ever get in my normal natural lets play some serious golf mental state when playing there. I do play it a few times a month but it's normally with coworkers or an assistant pro. I'd say I tee it up there on occasion because it is a perk that I don't want to go unused regardless of my being mentally comfortable or not.  It is the toughest course for me out of the 7 or 8 in my steady rotation. BFCC also features the best course conditions of all the tracks that I play. 

I arrived one hour prior to tee time and hit the range, the short game practice area, and putting green. I got in a solid warm up session. 

87* and humid with partly cloudy skies. At 1 pm we sent our first tee shots into the air off the #1 tee. 

On one I pulled 3 wood for proper placement and flushed it straight down the middle to the bottom of the hill. Gap wedge from 101 to two feet. Made my first putt of the day. Hmmm a birdie start how unusual. It came to me that this might be a decent day. Number two is all the test you want. Found the fairway with my 3 wood and then hit a 5 wood approach shot uphill from 180 to 8 feet. Two putted for a glorious 4. I never par the second hole so I was jazzed to still be one under.  The Par 3 third played 129 and it saw this old man swing a full 9 iron directly at the pin that settled in to 12 feet and then two putted for par. Bogey'd the number one handicap hole the uphill long par four fourth. Back to even. Made two steady pars (fairways, greens, and two putts) on the par 4's  # 5 and # 6.  Stuck my 3rd shot on the par 5 7th to 8 feet. Rolled in birdie number two. I was one under with two holes to play on the front 9. I drove it well on #8 but pushed my 4 hybrid approach shot from 175 pretty badly and failed to get it up and down. That bogey brought me back to even. On the signature hole #9, the downhill par 3 was playing 141. I hit all of an 8 iron to just the exact spot I was aiming for on the right bank of the green. It released as I had counted on it to do and it headed towards the hole and stopped 10 feet short. I rolled it in for my third birdie of the round. I tied my career best front 9 score at BFCC with a one under 34. I won't go into how I played on all the holes on the back but will tell you I sadly did not make another birdie. I missed some greens and tugged a few drives that resulted in 5 bogeys. I made par on the other 4 holes. I shot 5 over on the back. 

My final score of 74 (BFCC is par 70) was my best score at the place that I work this year. I received many nice compliments from the members on my steady play.

It did end up indeed being a rather decent day. 🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

May be an image of text that says 'When you want babe to look sexy but you also need help building that damn deck she's been bitching about for 2 months Oล0 ®'

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

The First Look: Wyndham Championship