2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Anyone Seen/Tried the Callaway PAR3 Stand Bag?

I'm about to head out on a trip and wanted to take a very lightweight/minimalist bag. I've owned 3 straight Ping Hoofers but was drawn in by the Stitch SL2 because I thought it would be appreciably lighter and liked the look.  I ended up taking the Stitch back because it wasn't really any lighter than my current Hoofer. The dealbreaker for me is that I'm a minimalist in my bag (14 clubs, 4-5 balls, rangefinder), so I thought the Stitch would be perfect, but it turns out I actually like having a bit more organization pockets for the times I need things like an extra jacket or rain gloves or whatever.

Nonetheless, my search for something a little more minimalist for travel persists.  Callaway sent me an ad for the PAR3 Stand Bag.  Reminds me of what I saw the NLU guys carrying in Europe a few Tourist Sauce's back.

Anyone have any experience with these?  I'm mostly curious about:

• Build quality
  • Weight (Callaway should list it, but doesn't)
  • Leg mechanism - do those mini-legs automatically deploy/retract? if so, how?

https://www.callawaygolf.com/accessories/golf-bags/stand-bags/bags-2022-par-3-double-strap-stand.html?ssoid=81AD9902-DBA6-4AB6-BF40-FD69C60EEB50&EMAIL_SHA256_HASH=45aebfc4d0fdfbf18eb7fb738d177f6e59c55da5bd3b566beff1f4343953d11f&utm_source=New_Product&utm_medium=email&utm_content=promotional&utm_campaign=2022-05-04-CG-Par3-Carry-Bag

5 hours ago, JoeSchu said:

I'm about to head out on a trip and wanted to take a very lightweight/minimalist bag. I've owned 3 straight Ping Hoofers but was drawn in by the Stitch SL2 because I thought it would be appreciably lighter and liked the look.  I ended up taking the Stitch back because it wasn't really any lighter than my current Hoofer. The dealbreaker for me is that I'm a minimalist in my bag (14 clubs, 4-5 balls, rangefinder), so I thought the Stitch would be perfect, but it turns out I actually like having a bit more organization pockets for the times I need things like an extra jacket or rain gloves or whatever.

Nonetheless, my search for something a little more minimalist for travel persists.  Callaway sent me an ad for the PAR3 Stand Bag.  Reminds me of what I saw the NLU guys carrying in Europe a few Tourist Sauce's back.

• Build quality

https://www.callawaygolf.com/accessories/golf-bags/stand-bags/bags-2022-par-3-double-strap-stand.html?ssoid=81AD9902-DBA6-4AB6-BF40-FD69C60EEB50&EMAIL_SHA256_HASH=45aebfc4d0fdfbf18eb7fb738d177f6e59c55da5bd3b566beff1f4343953d11f&utm_source=New_Product&utm_medium=email&utm_content=promotional&utm_campaign=2022-05-04-CG-Par3-Carry-Bag

I steer clear of Callaway bags since they're part of Ogio family.  Ogio build quality is sub par in my experience.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I cant speak for the new callaway but i got the email yesterday about this bag as well and it looks interesting 

but i do no a couple of ppl that use this bag and really like it and its identical ,   you just flip the little legs out by hand 

https://www.tgw.com/golf-bags/golf-stand-bags/taylormade-2020-quiver-ultra-lite-golf-stand-bag?CID=PLA&SITE_ID=A2004&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxe2Pt8fI9wIVzeDICh085wbjEAQYASABEgIbcvD_BwE&testvar=testgroup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 5:27 PM, JoeSchu said:

• Build quality

I just got one of these - I can only compare it to the Ping Hoofer Lite.

So far zero club tangle.  Valuables pocket is a little tight to get into.  Plenty of room in the other pockets.  Minimalists dream.

Straps are very comfortable.  Allegedly it can be turned into a single strap carry - but instructions are unclear.  Gonna call Callaway on Monday to get some clarity.

I think the most telling thing for me is that Callaway's website doesn't tell the weight while touting it as super lightweight. That tells me that it is heavier than competitors or they would tell that. I'd say get a Titleist Carbon and call it a day as you get the weight you want without having to fully bend over every time you pick it up. 

Edited by cardia10

4 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I think the most telling thing for me is that Callaway's website doesn't tell the weight while touting it as super lightweight. That tells me that it is heavier than competitors or they would tell that. I'd say get a Titleist Carbon and call it a day as you get the weight you want without having to fully bend over every time you pick it up. 

Titleist Carbon isn't the best example since it weighs a good bit more than what it's advertised as.  You can't win with these bag manufacturers!

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

• 5 months later...

They don't seem to be in-store anywhere here but I'm quite interested in this bag.  I like the full apparel pocket, the mini legs (I'm a morning player), the 3 way top, and the structure it seems to have. 

I walk 90% of the time and am wondering for anyone who has it:

1) How are the strap in double strap mode? Based on other current Callaway bags I've tried in store, they seem a bit wide and stiff? (I'm used to Ping / Titleist straps)

2) Does it fit well on a Golf Cart or Push Cart?

Thanks

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 6i, 8i, PW - Ping i210

SW - Callaway PM Grind 54.14

LW - Callaway PM Grind 60.10

P - Bettinardi BB5 / SC Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 8:09 AM, Binson said:

They don't seem to be in-store anywhere here but I'm quite interested in this bag.  I like the full apparel pocket, the mini legs (I'm a morning player), the 3 way top, and the structure it seems to have. 

I walk 90% of the time and am wondering for anyone who has it:

1) How are the strap in double strap mode? Based on other current Callaway bags I've tried in store, they seem a bit wide and stiff? (I'm used to Ping / Titleist straps)

2) Does it fit well on a Golf Cart or Push Cart?

Thanks

I found the straps to be slippery on the shoulder, the valuables pocket is very difficult to get your hand into, however this might not be an issue if you're using it on a cart.  It's very rigid so it would probably work well in a cart.  I switched mine to single strap because the little plastic keeper that locks the two straps together is sharp and would dig into my spine.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ciscojaws said:

I found the straps to be slippery on the shoulder, the valuables pocket is very difficult to get your hand into, however this might not be an issue if you're using it on a cart.  It's very rigid so it would probably work well in a cart.  I switched mine to single strap because the little plastic keeper that locks the two straps together is sharp and would dig into my spine.

Dang, sounds like it's a no-go unfortunately.  Slippery and uncomfortable straps on a carry bag is tough to get around.  Perhaps they'll fix that in the future.  But, given it's probably not sold all too well, it might not get another iteration. 

Much appreciated on the feedback!

Full Bag / Short set                                                         

- Taylormade Sim

5W (17.5), 7W (20.5), 9W (23.5) - Ping G425 Max

5H - Ping G425

6i-UW / 6i, 8i, PW - Ping i210

SW - Callaway PM Grind 54.14

LW - Callaway PM Grind 60.10

P - Bettinardi BB5 / SC Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5
Bag - Ping Hoofer Lite / Ping Moonlite (old one with vertical strap)

• 1 month later...

I have a Taylormade Quiver that I use as a range bag, and am thinking about using it to carry/when I travel. Not the same as the Callaway Par 3, but pretty similar in design. Its a hair over 3 lbs, and fits 14 clubs just fine. The legs do come out/retract manually, but I tend to just keep them out when I'm walking with it. I probably wouldn't use it for a cart, but I'm sure it would work just fine.

This being said, I only bought this bag because I found a great deal on it, and I didn't want to spend a $200+ for a bag that I would only use for range days and maybe walking a few rounds here and there. If I was going to use this bag a lot more, I'd probably just get a Hoofer and call it a day.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

does anyone have an actual weight on this? am really interested in the compact shape of the bag but am only going to purchase if it's lighter than the Sun Mountain 2.5+ I currently have (2.8 lbs)

Driver: Titleist TSR3 10° (@ 9.25°, B3 SureFit Setting) w/ Project X Small Batch HZRDUS Smoke Green PVD 60 6.5TX (45") D4

3 Wood: Titleist TS2 15° (C4 SureFit Setting) w/ Project X Small Batch HZRDUS Smoke Green PVD 70 6.5TX (43, tipped 0.5") D4

3 Iron: TaylorMade P790 18° w/ Graphite Design Tour AD HY 95-X (40") D4

Irons: Titleist 620 CB (4 - 9) w/ KBS Tour 125 S+ | D4

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM10 (46° @ 45°-10F, 50°-12F, 54°-08M), Vokey SM7 (58°-03A) w/ KBS Tour 125 S+ (46°, 50°) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125 S Black PVD (54°, 58°) | D5

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Versa 1 Black (35.5")

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet BCT Cord Midsize (1 + 1) & Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack Midsize (1 + 1), Golf Pride Pro Only 72cc

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

2 hours ago, ciscojaws said:

It’s 3 lbs 15 oz with the straps attached.  Now I’m interested to weigh my other bags to see if they’re the same as advertised…

Only bag I've had that was the same as advertised is the Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

I like my Par 3 bag. Perfect for taking 4-6 clubs to the driving range, short game area or to play. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x