2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping i230 pic

jwo

41 minutes ago, puresurfr said:

Ive been gaming the Ping i230 standard specs for a few weeks now and just received a set of Pingi230 in retro spec, the offset definitely is less noticeable in the retro spec configuration.  Im thinking of having my gamer set bent to retro spec as well.  

Is it that noticeable?? Any chance you can take a side by side pic to show the difference? 

55 minutes ago, Inglewood said:

From those of you that have placed i230 orders, any input on the shaft length?  I feel like all the i230's I have demo'd at GG, GolfTec, PGA all felt the right length, albeit shorter than some of the other brands like mizuno by .25 to .5".  Curious if they run short...

38” 5 iron is stock

• Like 1

Titleist TSr3 9º AD-DI 6x
Titleist TSr3 15º AD-DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 19º AD-DI 95x

T100 4-PW PX 6.0

SM10 50-12º F PX 6.0

SM10 56-12º D Modus 125 wedge

SM10 60-12º D Modus 125 wedge

PING Ketsch

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmean

I ordered mine in "430" lengths… so the 6 & 5 in 5/8ths lengths. More placebo, I'm sure.

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

14 hours ago, Inglewood said:

Can anyone comment on current lead times for delivery on i230?  I am going to put an order in this week with oban shafts - I know that turnaround is often contingent upon availability of components, etc.  Just curious what averages have been as of late…

Ordered mine with power spec on 2/26 around 6pm and just received a notice they will be arriving 3/8.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, puresurfr said:

this is a pic of the 7i at 34*

IMG_6986.jpg

Love the bb&f!  Did you order components separately and install them yourself or locally built?  I want to use bb&f ferrules so bad on an i230 build but not sure how to order just heads or have them shipped unassembled.  Also, are the ferrule sizes standard with ping? Could have sworn I read they have tungsten weights in the shafts and ferrules are a different size…

Are power spec cast at the stronger lofts or just the standard heads bent strong? Similar to T100 vs T100S. 

Only asking because if they were cast at the stronger lofts with standard offset you could go power spec and bend weak for less offset. 

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4
Fairway: TSi2 3 & 5 PX RDX Black 6.5
Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 3 4-P
Wedges: Zipcore Tour Rack 50/54/60
Putter: 2021 Ping Tyne CS

16 minutes ago, pollock21 said:

Are power spec cast at the stronger lofts or just the standard heads bent strong? Similar to T100 vs T100S. 

Only asking because if they were cast at the stronger lofts with standard offset you could go power spec and bend weak for less offset. 

They are bent -  not cast that way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Inglewood said:

From those of you that have placed i230 orders, any input on the shaft length?  I feel like all the i230's I have demo'd at GG, GolfTec, PGA all felt the right length, albeit shorter than some of the other brands like mizuno by .25 to .5".  Curious if they run short...

Mizuno and Ping are the exact same length. Both 38” 5 iron, both specs are without the grip so finished length are between 38 1/8 - 38 1/4 depending on the grip. 

ordered my i230s minus 1/4” and it is 37 7/8” finished length. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max D 10.5 Diamana ZF 50

Titleist TSi2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7

Titleist Ts2 20 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75

PXG Gen 2 22 Hybrid Kiyoshi Purple

Cobra King Tour 5-g MMT 105
Ping S159 56W and 60B MMT 105
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

34 minutes ago, Inglewood said:

Love the bb&f!  Did you order components separately and install them yourself or locally built?  I want to use bb&f ferrules so bad on an i230 build but not sure how to order just heads or have them shipped unassembled.  Also, are the ferrule sizes standard with ping? Could have sworn I read they have tungsten weights in the shafts and ferrules are a different size…

I installed these myself.....I do have a ton of toe weights to adjust SW, The shafts will have a ton of wiggle room even if u use 0.370.  The trick is to build a small collar to center the ferrule.  The ferrules are not turned down yet, they should look better once I flush the plastic down to the metal.

7 hours ago, thesloth said:

Oh, man. I ordered 2/20. Hoping this means they might show up this week.

If you sign up for FedEx notifications you'll be notified when they ship and are delivered and can track the shipment on your phone/PC.

I've done this for FedEx and UPS and it sure takes a lot of the stress out of the process.

Plus it saves me running to check the front porch every fifteen minutes!

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

1 hour ago, vernon said:

If you sign up for FedEx notifications you'll be notified when they ship and are delivered and can track the shipment on your phone/PC.

I've done this for FedEx and UPS and it sure takes a lot of the stress out of the process.

Please, for the love of God, tell me that Ping doesn’t ship with FedEx…they’re the bottom of the barrel.  So many issues with them vs UPS or USPS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vernon said:

The clubs were ordered through my club and will be sent to them as opposed to directly to me, so I don't think I can do that. I may have to bug them and ask if they've shipped, lol.

This is insane.  I have more money than brains apparently, so I went ahead and tried to improve my bag.  I have had 4-U i230 with PX LZ 6.0 for a few weeks.  Love the shorter irons, longer irons could get squirrely on a so-so swing.  Ego has never really been a problem for me, I've gamed hybrids before, so I order 4-6 G425 irons to make a combo set.  Should be best of both worlds.  Same shaft, PX LZ 6.0 at -1/4".

I have a Uneekor launch monitor and had a square off....the i230 was essentially identical, club for club with the G425.  How can that be?  Carry, descent, spin...pretty much all the same for each club.  I was thinking the 4 and the 5 would make sense, and the 6 would be a toss-up.  How can this be??  

I am going to re-run this test on a couple of other separate days to try to cement the findings, but I'm shocked.  

26 minutes ago, bogey69 said:

This is insane.  I have more money than brains apparently, so I went ahead and tried to improve my bag.  I have had 4-U i230 with PX LZ 6.0 for a few weeks.  Love the shorter irons, longer irons could get squirrely on a so-so swing.  Ego has never really been a problem for me, I've gamed hybrids before, so I order 4-6 G425 irons to make a combo set.  Should be best of both worlds.  Same shaft, PX LZ 6.0 at -1/4".

I have a Uneekor launch monitor and had a square off....the i230 was essentially identical, club for club with the G425.  How can that be?  Carry, descent, spin...pretty much all the same for each club.  I was thinking the 4 and the 5 would make sense, and the 6 would be a toss-up.  How can this be??  

I am going to re-run this test on a couple of other separate days to try to cement the findings, but I'm shocked.  

Maybe it's the one constant you mention -- the shaft?

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

On 3/6/2023 at 2:28 PM, Inglewood said:

Mizuno runs 1/4” longer. So if you play standard length Mizuno you’d want +1/4” ping. 

edit - based on post above I could be wrong. But I do know that Mizuno runs longer than most. 

Edited by benz5521
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, thesloth said:

The clubs were ordered through my club and will be sent to them as opposed to directly to me, so I don't think I can do that. I may have to bug them and ask if they've shipped, lol.

Yeah you're right - won't work in that case.

I always have them drop shipped to the house.

You could request the order number from the club and contact Ping directly but obviously not nearly as convenient.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

Took my i230s on their first trip and they did really good for me.  They look so good in the bag.  I do kinda miss looking down at i210s at the ball though.  Maybe it's just the extra grooves or little bit smaller head on the i230s that made me miss the i210s.  I picked up another set of i210s to compare.  Either way, i230s did their job.

1 hour ago, Inglewood said:

Anyone played i210 and i230 back to back?  Came from 210 to 230?  I keep hearing about the i210 cult following and see sets online for reasonable prices...

I gamed i210 last year for a period of time and now the i230. Haven't gotten to use the 230 enough this year to really say this or that. But so far I like the i230 slightly more for the fact they seem a bit more refined. Everything seems slightly smaller. Offset, soles, top line. I love both. I could game either any day of the week. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, toastinato said:

I gamed i210 last year for a period of time and now the i230. Haven't gotten to use the 230 enough this year to really say this or that. But so far I like the i230 slightly more for the fact they seem a bit more refined. Everything seems slightly smaller. Offset, soles, top line. I love both. I could game either any day of the week. 

Are you finding the I230 goes farther?  When I did my initial testing indoors, I found that I230 just spun quite a bit less.  Went plenty high, great land angle, etc.  Just increased yardage via spin reduction