2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Nike Footwear 2023 (Unofficial Thread) (***NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS***)

On 4/21/2023 at 7:47 PM, Walkerdb7 said:

For as successful as Nike is, for how well they’ve grown their golf business… they’ve had some absolute total misses or weird decisions… It’s not the inevitable occasional product flop… it’s like 1 step backwards every other year, haha 

How to fix it:

1. Re-release the Roshe with updated tech - zoom air and react 

2. Make TW tour shoe ever year that is the pinnacle of golf tech. Bonus points if he actually wears it 

3. Do a TW Free line like how they do Lebron solider or did Jordan Team while he stay played 

4. Keep coming hard with the sneaker head retros, but include some options for spiked versions! 

5. Probably don’t renew Rory… 

6. Give Scotty the ZVT Line 

7. Keep the ZIT line, but improve the traction 

Rory McIlroy is a top 5 most popular golfer in the world. He's still more popular than a guy like Scottie. Nothing against Scottie but he's a pretty bland dude. Nothing wrong with that, a lot of golfers are. But Rory just brings a bit more excitement as more of a boom or bust guy, sort of similar to Jordan Spieth in my opinion. The reality is that Rory and Spieth probably have the most "personality" and level of talent of any guys out there which is why they are top dogs for Nike and UA. Nike isn't going to drop Rory but maybe he makes less per year on his next deal, that I could definitely see because they pay him a TON of money right now. The other issue is that if Nike drops him who could afford him? You would have to have a pretty big golf marketing budget to do so and the only company that really comes to mind is Adidas now that they aren't paying DJ. I'm sure Nike would do what it takes to keep Rory out of the three stripes

Everything else you said I generally agree with other than a TW tour shoe. If he isn't going to wear it there isn't much point. You're better off staying with the tried and true TW13/14 and just incrementally upgrade those models as new tech is available, react for example. Nike doesn't have a dedicated golf R&D department anymore so it would probably be easier for them to update existing models rather than design new ones

On 4/21/2023 at 7:47 PM, Walkerdb7 said:

For as successful as Nike is, for how well they’ve grown their golf business… they’ve had some absolute total misses or weird decisions… It’s not the inevitable occasional product flop… it’s like 1 step backwards every other year, haha 

How to fix it:

1. Re-release the Roshe with updated tech - zoom air and react 

2. Make TW tour shoe ever year that is the pinnacle of golf tech. Bonus points if he actually wears it 

3. Do a TW Free line like how they do Lebron solider or did Jordan Team while he stay played 

4. Keep coming hard with the sneaker head retros, but include some options for spiked versions! 

5. Probably don’t renew Rory… 

6. Give Scotty the ZVT Line 

7. Keep the ZIT line, but improve the traction 

The beauty of the Roshe is that it has none of what you want to add. You just want a new shoe. 

why would Nike drop someone who is guaranteed to be in front of cameras before every tournament not too mention contend in most? Rory take is off. He’s been top 16 in the world for over a decade. 

Golf can’t sustain two TW shoes. Pick one. 

🔥 takes don’t make them good ones. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xneely said:

Anyone have the release date for these?

Idk but they SLAP

• Like 1

Driver: Nike Vapor Pro Driver

Woods: Nike Vapor Pro 3 Wood, Nike SQ Machspeed 7 Wood

Irons: Nike VR Pro Blades 4-9

Wedges: Miura 46º Nike VR Forged 52°, 56°, 60°

Putter: Nike Method Converge Counterflex B1-01

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond

7 hours ago, xneely said:

Anyone have the release date for these?

Aren't these the upcoming US Open NRG's for LACC? 

• Like 1

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 59/7 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Queen B6- '24 BX

10 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

What was uncomfortable about them? 

I loved the fit of the older AM1 Golf models, these were just frankly painful to wear. too firm bottom? I don't know, but no bueno. the NXT% on the other hand are amazing... I really wanted these AM1's...was so excited, but they are unwearable for me.

I get the AM90 are uncomfortable, I had the lobstah AM90s and returned them as they were so stiff, and like i've said previously on here, they crease so bad, they almost had a hole where the crease mark was, which could be something to do with the material they use for the waterproofing? as suede or mesh air maxes are always very comfy..

ATM I have the smoke purple AM90s and so far so good with feeling a bit more wearable, they seem a bit wider then the lobstahs, I've walked 3 rounds with them and they're breaking in nicely, still creasing badly on the toe box. But after wearing next% or any react or even ultraboost tech the 'airmax' air bubble is a very outdated technology, comfortable after they break in, but not 'react' comfortable, they do have a solid base, though, for a golf shoe which is a plus point, imo.

Driver - TM Stealth HD (10.5) Ventus Red TR 5S

3 Wood - TM Stealth Plus Rocket (14.0) Tensei AV Limited Blue 75
5 Wood - TM Sim Ti (17.0) Ventus Blue 6S

3 Hybrid - TM Stealth 2 Plus (20.0) KBS PGI 85

4 Hybrid - TM Stealth Plus (23.0) KBS PGI 90

Irons - TM P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120

Wedges - MG3 50.09SB 54.11SB

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5

On 4/25/2023 at 5:18 PM, Olympic Golf said:

Victory Pro 3

IMG_6087.jpeg

IMG_6089.jpeg

IMG_6088.jpeg

IMG_6090.jpeg

Personally I think these are hideous, and i'm not sure who Nike are aiming for with these.. they're too expensive, in my opinion, for a 'cheap' option especially for a Synthetic leather shoe and a 'Foam' outsole, infinity G would be the better cheap option.

And if the price point is fine then, for an extra £70 you can get some VT3's (or for less than what the VP3's  cost, can grab some of last years Next% or VT2's for under 100 bucks)

Edited by smojgolf
  • Like 1

Driver - TM Stealth HD (10.5) Ventus Red TR 5S

3 Wood - TM Stealth Plus Rocket (14.0) Tensei AV Limited Blue 75
5 Wood - TM Sim Ti (17.0) Ventus Blue 6S

3 Hybrid - TM Stealth 2 Plus (20.0) KBS PGI 85

4 Hybrid - TM Stealth Plus (23.0) KBS PGI 90

Irons - TM P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120

Wedges - MG3 50.09SB 54.11SB

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5

1 hour ago, Bizzle80 said:

I loved the fit of the older AM1 Golf models, these were just frankly painful to wear. too firm bottom? I don't know, but no bueno. the NXT% on the other hand are amazing... I really wanted these AM1's...was so excited, but they are unwearable for me.

Yes, the org AM1G is such a great shoe with that bottom.  I bought a bunch of back up's.

On 4/24/2023 at 10:17 PM, FaReal87 said:

The beauty of the Roshe is that it has none of what you want to add. You just want a new shoe. 

why would Nike drop someone who is guaranteed to be in front of cameras before every tournament not too mention contend in most? Rory take is off. He’s been top 16 in the world for over a decade. 

Golf can’t sustain two TW shoes. Pick one. 

🔥 takes don’t make them good ones. 

Nike has parted ways with tons of major athletes toward the end… Agassi, Federer, etc jump to mind as examples of what I’m picturing 

Of anything I wrote, shocked the Rory thing got the people fired up. I just am of the opinion there’s not much good left coming in Rory’s career and the media might officially label him a choker soon and sour on him, which is not the “greatness” Nike strives for…

No golfer has more than 1 major after a 5 year gap between major victories. No golfer has won the grand slam in more than 3 tries. Math is not on Rory’s side to go on another major run 

Edited by Walkerdb7

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

Did some “testing” last night in my garage ghetto sim…

Since 08 exclusively worn Nike shoes? History is something like…

TW SP8

TW13, 14, 15

LC 2-3 

Vapor React (whatever Rory and Reed that time period)

Roshe 

Jordan IV, V, 11, 12, 1s (range / sim) 

When I saw the TW13 coming back, wore the 13 Masters I had saved and handnt worn in 3-4 years? I couldn’t believe how amazing they felt. Since ordered the whites and blacks. 

I remember being reluctant to wear the Jordan golf shoes at first, because they felt so heavy and clunky, however, the style aspect won me over… after wearing only those for the last couple seasons, it’s like a revelation to wear the 13s again 

They’re lighter, more comfortable, better traction, and feel like I can pull the ground more in them 

Last night, I hit 5-10 balls in TW13s. Then 5-10 in 12s (closest jordan model to a performance golf shoe IMO) and it’s not even close… I might keep the IVs around for a few fund social rounds or work scrambles… but for anyone who believes in the 1% gains type of philosophy, seriously feel like the Jordan shoes are hindering my game. 

I do not want to start another s*** storm by potentially editing my hot takes above, but I think Nike should only do retros now in spikeless models! They could probably make the Jordan models less clunky without the spikes and they’d still appeal to the same crowd 

1 hour ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Did some “testing” last night in my garage ghetto sim…

Since 08 exclusively worn Nike shoes? History is something like…

TW SP8

TW13, 14, 15

LC 2-3 

Vapor React (whatever Rory and Reed that time period)

Roshe 

Jordan IV, V, 11, 12, 1s (range / sim) 

When I saw the TW13 coming back, wore the 13 Masters I had saved and handnt worn in 3-4 years? I couldn’t believe how amazing they felt. Since ordered the whites and blacks. 

I remember being reluctant to wear the Jordan golf shoes at first, because they felt so heavy and clunky, however, the style aspect won me over… after wearing only those for the last couple seasons, it’s like a revelation to wear the 13s again 

They’re lighter, more comfortable, better traction, and feel like I can pull the ground more in them 

Last night, I hit 5-10 balls in TW13s. Then 5-10 in 12s (closest jordan model to a performance golf shoe IMO) and it’s not even close… I might keep the IVs around for a few fund social rounds or work scrambles… but for anyone who believes in the 1% gains type of philosophy, seriously feel like the Jordan shoes are hindering my game. 

I do not want to start another s*** storm by potentially editing my hot takes above, but I think Nike should only do retros now in spikeless models! They could probably make the Jordan models less clunky without the spikes and they’d still appeal to the same crowd 

Im the exact opposite, I wear mostly Jordan’s now and I would not buy them without spikes.  The 11s and the 12s fit and feel great for me and they also provide that added traction I’m looking for.  Different strokes for different folks. 

4 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Im the exact opposite, I wear mostly Jordan’s now and I would not buy them without spikes.  The 11s and the 12s fit and feel great for me and they also provide that added traction I’m looking for.  Different strokes for different folks. 

My 11s are the worst fitting, haha

I have the 11s in a 12 and 4x Roshe in a 12. I have the concord sneakers too. The 11 golf shoes are my only issue. They use the same sole as Roshe and the 11s are like almost unwearable. I would have assumed it was a similar last due to the outsole.

I get not wanting Jordans without spikes! I won't wear spikeless on the course. But after my revelation yesterday,  Jordans to me just don't come close to an actual performance shoe in terms of comfort or function. That is why I was saying they could further segment the golf category.

Spikeless: Jordans and Retros - Casual golfers, people not worried about traction, or people who put style over grip

Spiked: TW and NXT - Tour quality shoe with bleeding edge performance

5 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

My 11s are the worst fitting, haha

I have the 11s in a 12 and 4x Roshe in a 12. I have the concord sneakers too. The 11 golf shoes are my only issue. They use the same sole as Roshe and the 11s are like almost unwearable. I would have assumed it was a similar last due to the outsole.

I get not wanting Jordans without spikes! I won't wear spikeless on the course. But after my revelation yesterday,  Jordans to me just don't come close to an actual performance shoe in terms of comfort or function. That is why I was saying they could further segment the golf category.

Spikeless: Jordans and Retros - Casual golfers, people not worried about traction, or people who put style over grip

Spiked: TW and NXT - Tour quality shoe with bleeding edge performance

I made the switch from wearing FJs, so all Jordan shoes feel comfy to me.  Haha

Edited by TheMoneyShot

3 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

I made the switch from wearing FJs, so all Jordan shoes feel comfy to me.  Haha

hahah, fair enough. I can't imagine coming from like a FJ Premier to a Jordan

For me, it's like how the IIIs or 1s are amazing casual shoes, but if you try on a current AJ performance model... it's night and day. Obviously some people care more or less, but it's crazy when I see an NBA guy in like VIs instead of 36s. The new Jordans are amazing on feet from a comfort and performance standpoint

I would have loved to try Bubba's 35 lows... I bet that is an elite golf shoe. I also think think Metcon would make an amazing golf shoe too. Rory and Tiger both wear those to and from events, shocked we don't get the story "Rory loved hitting at home in the Metcon and asked for something similar on the course" story

Edited by Walkerdb7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Nike has parted ways with tons of major athletes toward the end… Agassi, Federer, etc jump to mind as examples of what I’m picturing 

Of anything I wrote, shocked the Rory thing got the people fired up. I just am of the opinion there’s not much good left coming in Rory’s career and the media might officially label him a choker soon and sour on him, which is not the “greatness” Nike strives for…

No golfer has more than 1 major after a 5 year gap between major victories. No golfer has won the grand slam in more than 3 tries. Math is not on Rory’s side to go on another major run 

Rory is still winning multiple tournaments per year. Most professional golfers are lucky to win multiple times in an entire career so everything you're saying is very relative. Yes he hasn't won a major  in going on 10 years but he is still consistently winning big tournaments. Players in 2019, Fedex Cup in 2019 and 2022, Canadian Open two years in a row, Dubai to start the year, had as good a chance of anyone to win Bay Hill this year. The guy is playing at an extremely high level right now, probably as well as he has played since about 2014ish. It's really a big 3 of Scottie, Rahm, and Rory. Two of those guys who are among the most visible in golf are currently Nike staffers. Unless you think Nike is going to replace Rory with Rahm anyone else would be a downgrade. Golfers can play at a very high level into their mid 40's easily so Rory has another 10 years at the "top" most likely. And he is generally competitive in majors, it's not like he is consistently missing cuts. Don't mistake this years masters as him being a choker. He could very well come back to Charlotte and win at a course where he has had a lot of success. I think a lot of us look through things with a "Tiger" lens and expect guys to win the way Tiger did. No one is ever going to be Tiger, end of story. But Rory is really, REALLY good. It would be a shock if Nike chose to just straight drop him. Maybe a contract renegotiation happens, but I doubt Rory isn't wearing the swoosh anytime soon

40 minutes ago, dimitrym91 said:

Rory is still winning multiple tournaments per year. Most professional golfers are lucky to win multiple times in an entire career so everything you're saying is very relative. Yes he hasn't won a major  in going on 10 years but he is still consistently winning big tournaments. Players in 2019, Fedex Cup in 2019 and 2022, Canadian Open two years in a row, Dubai to start the year, had as good a chance of anyone to win Bay Hill this year. The guy is playing at an extremely high level right now, probably as well as he has played since about 2014ish. It's really a big 3 of Scottie, Rahm, and Rory. Two of those guys who are among the most visible in golf are currently Nike staffers. Unless you think Nike is going to replace Rory with Rahm anyone else would be a downgrade. Golfers can play at a very high level into their mid 40's easily so Rory has another 10 years at the "top" most likely. And he is generally competitive in majors, it's not like he is consistently missing cuts. Don't mistake this years masters as him being a choker. He could very well come back to Charlotte and win at a course where he has had a lot of success. I think a lot of us look through things with a "Tiger" lens and expect guys to win the way Tiger did. No one is ever going to be Tiger, end of story. But Rory is really, REALLY good. It would be a shock if Nike chose to just straight drop him. Maybe a contract renegotiation happens, but I doubt Rory isn't wearing the swoosh anytime soon

When I said "don't renew" Rory... I did not say "drop now"

As in, if he has 3-5 years left on contract, let it lapse because he is a diminishing asset

Edited by Walkerdb7

2 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

hahah, fair enough. I can't imagine coming from like a FJ Premier to a Jordan

For me, it's like how the IIIs or 1s are amazing casual shoes, but if you try on a current AJ performance model... it's night and day. Obviously some people care more or less, but it's crazy when I see an NBA guy in like VIs instead of 36s. The new Jordans are amazing on feet from a comfort and performance standpoint

I would have loved to try Bubba's 35 lows... I bet that is an elite golf shoe. I also think think Metcon would make an amazing golf shoe too. Rory and Tiger both wear those to and from events, shocked we don't get the story "Rory loved hitting at home in the Metcon and asked for something similar on the course" story

Totally agree. Would love a metcon inspired golf shoe. 

• Like 1