New Voice Caddie SC4 Launch Monitor

isitour

Just a few thoughts about what we know so far comparing the Voice Caddie  SC4 and the Rapsodo MLM2PRO as these seem to be the two hot budget personal launch monitors at the moment.

Voice Caddie SC4                                                                                                   Rapsodo MLM2PRO

Pros: Pros:

1. Spin (accuracy not known)                                                                    1.   Swing camera

2. No subscription                                                                                           2.   Spin

3. No tablet/phone                                                                                          3.   Carry case 

4. Carry case                                                                                                     4.   Tracer indoors

5. Alignment base                                                                                           5.   Combine indoors

6. Target mode - nearest the pin?                                                           6.   Simulation

7. Simulation                                                                                                     7.   30k courses (graphics not good)  

8. No subscription                                                                                          8.   Third camera

Cons:

1. No camera                                                                                                     1.   Subscription required ($199/year)

2. Courses require E6 subscription                                                        2.   Special ball

3.   Tablet/phone required

The cost of the SC4 is expected to be $549 (£500?) and the MLM2PRO is $699 (£649).

These are based on what is known so far and we still need to see the SC4 in action and the MLM2PRO is only just out for beta testing and further updates are expected.

Accuracy of both units is still to be established for both units although there is video of the MLM2PRO unit showing the spin data to be comparable to the GC Quad.

Hopefully reviews of both units will be posted shortly and we will get to see them in action.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, K3ith said:

Just a few thoughts about what we know so far comparing the Voice Caddie  SC4 and the Rapsodo MLM2PRO as these seem to be the two hot budget personal launch monitors at the moment.

Voice Caddie SC4                                                                                                   Rapsodo MLM2PRO

Pros: Pros:

1. Spin (accuracy not known)                                                                    1.   Swing camera

2. No subscription                                                                                           2.   Spin

3. No tablet/phone                                                                                          3.   Carry case 

4. Carry case                                                                                                     4.   Tracer indoors

5. Alignment base                                                                                           5.   Combine indoors

6. Target mode - nearest the pin?                                                           6.   Simulation

7. Simulation                                                                                                     7.   30k courses (graphics not good)  

8. No subscription                                                                                          8.   Third camera

Cons:

1. No camera                                                                                                     1.   Subscription required ($199/year)

2. Courses require E6 subscription                                                        2.   Special ball

3.   Tablet/phone required

The cost of the SC4 is expected to be $549 (£500?) and the MLM2PRO is $699 (£649).

These are based on what is known so far and we still need to see the SC4 in action and the MLM2PRO is only just out for beta testing and further updates are expected.

Accuracy of both units is still to be established for both units although there is video of the MLM2PRO unit showing the spin data to be comparable to the GC Quad.

Hopefully reviews of both units will be posted shortly and we will get to see them in action.

For the SC4, do you know if it will get some free E6 courses and range like the Garmin and Mevo+ do? Or is the only way to do anything course related via an E6 subscription?

This is what is detailed on playbetter.com

So, yes, for the first time, Voice Caddie has created a golf launch monitor with simulation!

Even though it is not available yet, here's what we know about the Swing Caddie SC4 and golf simulation so far!

• It has simulatior app integration for both iOS and Android. In simulator mode, the SC4 connects with the included MySwingCaddie app, providing a complete virtual display along with metrics and stats.
  • To further enhance the simulator experience, the SC4 is fully compatible with E6 Connect and its suite of photorealistic courses (optional subscription).
  • It comes with a Free Simulator Driving Range Demo.

These are the details we currently have on the golf simulator side of things with this new unit.

7 minutes ago, K3ith said:

So, yes, for the first time, Voice Caddie has created a golf launch monitor with simulation!

Even though it is not available yet, here's what we know about the Swing Caddie SC4 and golf simulation so far!

• It has simulatior app integration for both iOS and Android. In simulator mode, the SC4 connects with the included MySwingCaddie app, providing a complete virtual display along with metrics and stats.
  • To further enhance the simulator experience, the SC4 is fully compatible with E6 Connect and its suite of photorealistic courses (optional subscription).

These are the details we currently have on the golf simulator side of things with this new unit.

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, K3ith said:

Damn so e6 is $300 a year? Wonder if there's gonna be any other sims adapted to the sc4

46 minutes ago, golfun said:

It might come with some free courses like the R10. We have to see, they didn't know yet. Price will be "Barely more than Sc300i" what I was told. $500-$550.

Also-

If the MLM2PRO spin requires a special marked ball then using these units primarily on the range it loses its advantage.

Think I hear $549 as the price. But that could have been conjecture. 

Agree that the MLM 2 Pro may not be great for folks who can only use it at the range. One guy posted a mini-review using it at the range. And it was giving no spin numbers (not even estimates). 

29 minutes ago, SE Gamer said:

Think I hear $549 as the price. But that could have been conjecture. 

Agree that the MLM 2 Pro may not be great for folks who can only use it at the range. One guy posted a mini-review using it at the range. And it was giving no spin numbers (not even estimates). 

I believe its still beta software, so who knows if you have to pay the $200 just to get any spin even estimates 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, Garydean said:

Damn so e6 is $300 a year? Wonder if there's gonna be any other sims adapted to the sc4

Wouldn't get too hung up on this if comparing agains the MLM 2 Pro. While the latter's $199 a year subscription comes with Rapsodo's own simulation, it looks absolutely terrible. No undulations at all, and single-player only. So if you want meaningful simulation, consider you'll be spending at least another $300 a year for the MLM 2 Pro. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

Wouldn't get too hung up on this if comparing agains the MLM 2 Pro. While the latter's $199 a year subscription comes with Rapsodo's own simulation, it looks absolutely terrible. No undulations at all, and single-player only. So if you want meaningful simulation, consider you'll be spending at least another $300 a year for the MLM 2 Pro. 

Yea I seen the pics looks like super Nintendo graphics lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tyrone_4 said:

Voice Caddie's website says that the SC4 is coming in mid-April.  Hopefully we start seeing some testing videos on youtube soon.

While that's great it's right around the corner. It's surprising there's not even a single video of this thing in action yet. Who's gonna actually buy one with zero insight into how it'll perform?

9 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

While that's great it's right around the corner. It's surprising there's not even a single video of this thing in action yet. Who's gonna actually buy one with zero insight into how it'll perform?

Thats why i would expect that we should start seeing product testing videos in the next few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Tyrone_4 said:

Pre-orders just went live on Playbetter.

I guess that's a step in the right direction, but it's hard for me to want to pre-order anything since I haven't seen it in action and there are no reviews that compare numbers to other systems. I get the impression that nobody has one in hand. At this point, I'm not even sure what's included or available as far as metrics and simulation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beatarmy02 said:

I guess that's a step in the right direction, but it's hard for me to want to pre-order anything since I haven't seen it in action and there are no reviews that compare numbers to other systems. I get the impression that nobody has one in hand. At this point, I'm not even sure what's included or available as far as metrics and simulation. 

Agreed. Even though they have an established name. No way I'd be pre-ordering without even seeing so much as a working prototype in action. 

6 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

Agreed. Even though they have an established name. No way I'd be pre-ordering without even seeing so much as a working prototype in action. 

Yeah I'm right with both of you guys. I won't be ordering one until I see some reviews and comparisons, but the one thing that we can be sure of is that the SC4 will at least be as accurate as the SC300i, but most likely more accurate. I am very interested to see what metrics it directly measures and which metrics are estimated with an algorithm.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 4:35 PM, golfun said:

Great Find!

Screen Shot 2023-02-21 at 4.32.43 PM.png

Only measures up to 370 yards? Sounds like it won’t be enough for many wrx’ers with their Tx baseball bats ! Lol 

• Haha 1

Driver: Mizuno ST-Z 220 Atmos Tour Spec Black

3 wood: Callaway Rogue LS Tensei series white

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK Speeder HB

Irons: Srixon z785 Modus3

50: Cleveland zip core 

56: Vokey sm8

60: Vokey sm9

On a serious note, this looks very promising. Hope the pre orders come in and reviews follow shortly. Was looking at r10 and MLM pro 2 but I think this might be the one! 

Driver: Mizuno ST-Z 220 Atmos Tour Spec Black

3 wood: Callaway Rogue LS Tensei series white

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK Speeder HB

Irons: Srixon z785 Modus3

50: Cleveland zip core 

56: Vokey sm8

60: Vokey sm9